• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

MrBig said:
I'll hopefully be working there in 3-4 years. I'll let you know :lol
Bungie's new game isn't a seller. Activision cancells deal. Bungie sues Activision. Activision wins the court, because they have a deal with the devil. Bungie goes bankrupt. MrBig says f#%$!

I hope that never happens

A27 Tawpgun said:
End of Epic Armor Lock Rant.

lol

Aside from the tone (which is understandable when taking into account the inevitable frustration while having to deal with such a ludicrous game play mechanic in default MM time and again) I can't say that I disagree with you. Armor Lock, in its current form, has absolutely no place in Reach MP in any capacity. Campaign is about the extent to which something like this should ever find its way into a Halo game. And even then I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if it was axed entirely. I want my OS back.

Recently rendered clip in .gif form for all the Jetpack haters out there.

halogifattempt2.gif

Jetpack is fine as a pick up on the map ala the MLG playlist but, like many in this thread/community have pointed out, as a loadout it turns games into a complete cluster****.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
Bungie's new game isn't a seller. Activision cancells deal. Bungie sues Activision. Activision wins the court, because they have a deal with the devil. Bungie goes bankrupt. MrBig says f#%$!
:C

But I actually do plan on being an artist there though

MrBig said:
I'll hopefully be working there in 3-4 years. I'll let you know :lol

Certainly a place I don't think I would mind working, as long as they pay that cash money! Jk...but not really.

I'll be done with school in a couple of years, and I'll probably start looking for jobs in the Seattle area, as its where I'm from, so Bungie is possibly a place that I would look at if they have an opening that seems to fit.

How did I not post the cash moneyz!?!
cashmoney.png

Never gets old

MrBig

Steelyuhas said:
CI'm be done with school in a couple of years, and I'll probably start looking for jobs in the Seattle area, as its where I'm from, so Bungie is possibly a place that I would look at if they have an opening that seems to fit.
I haven't even started school yet. Still in senior year of HS. Need to find someone I can do so work for so I can build up a portfolio and hopefully skip college. Though going to somewhere like Ringling or Gnomon would be expensive cool

kylej said:
Go to school. Life has chapters, and what you love now may change in the future. Even though earning a Bachelor's isn't worth what it used to be, it's still a huge advantage over just having a high school diploma.
Not really in the art field. Most art school don't even offer academic programs/diplomas. The industry is portfolio and work based rather than just having a piece of paper.

kylej

Banned
MrBig said:
I haven't even started school yet. Still in senior year of HS. Need to find someone I can do so work for so I can build up a portfolio and hopefully skip college. Though going to somewhere like Ringling or Gnomon would be expensive cool

Go to school. Life has chapters, and what you love now may change in the future. Even though earning a Bachelor's isn't worth what it used to be, it's still a huge advantage over just having a high school diploma.

Tawpgun

MrBig said:
Not really in the art field. Most art school don't even offer academic programs/diplomas. The industry is portfolio and work based rather than just having a piece of paper.
Then I'd suggest going to a community college or a state school and going for a backup degree. Keep aiming for the art career, but don't go all in on it.

MrBig said:

kylej said:
I agree with Kyle here. Although you could definitely get art jobs without a bachelor's degree, not having one could impact your ability to get promotions in the future. On top of that, college is just a really important experience in my opinion. The amount you learn and mature, in and out of your field and in and out of the classroom makes for something that I think everyone should experience given they have the opportunity to do so.

Although it can be a whole hell of a lot of fun at times as well.

Thagomizer said:
Bad. Ass.
Haha yeah, I know that was posted to show the ridiculousness of the jetpack, but that was insanely badass.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hypertrooper said:
But you're a random to me, too! What should I do?!
Sorry, dude. It's 5am. And I have a meeting wit my devi... gym couch
Bu-but, I'm not random... I'm HaloGAF!

1qzFY.gif

kylej said:

Agreed, it may even take a year or three to get what you deserve but it ALWAYS comes.

MrBig

Steelyuhas said:
I agree with Kyle here. Although you could definitely get art jobs without a bachelor's degree, not having one could impact your ability to get promotions in the future. On top of that, college is just a really important experience in my opinion. The amount you learn and mature, in and out of your field and in and out of the classroom makes for something that I think everyone should experience given they have the opportunity to do so.

Although it can be a whole hell of a lot of fun at times as well.
I agree completely, but I have almost no financial foundation to go on because of recent events. I would want to go but if going straight into the field is a sustainable option I'm going to take it.

Count me in as being sort of "meh" on the 4 year college thing. A Bachelor's is way overpriced and way undervalued in this country right now. You are probably better off doing classes part-time while pursuing actual work (or a legitimate internship...one that includes a stipend) or just going whole hog and trying to make it via the sweat off your brow (digital or physical).

I enjoyed college and learned a lot of cool shit, but if I had to choose right now, in this economy, if I was going to go or not, I'd have to seriously consider joining the work force.

Havok

xxxstylzxxx said:
Recently rendered clip in .gif form for all the Jetpack haters out there.
Joke's on you, the guy was just trying to get the fuck away from the concentrated awfulness that is Abridged and you were stuck playing it.

Sean P.

MrBig said:
I agree completely, but I have almost no financial foundation to go on because of recent events. I would want to go but if going straight into the field is a sustainable option I'm going to take it.

Hundreds of resumes in the competitive art/design field (especially for somewhere such as bungie) will just get tossed because you have no degree. They don't care how great your work is generally, when they have so many to sort through and you don't have proper schooling, you're of little to no interest to them.

GhaleonEB

My PC usually shows gifs just fine, but that one takes over a minute to complete right now. Might be due to all the quoting.

This moment on Highlands was deeply satisfying. It takes a minute to set up, because the harassment during the flag defense sets up the context. But it has a delightful payoff. (Note I wasn't really going for kills, but rather to distract and suppress so we could flag run.)

Bonus, the game payed out over 12,000 cR.

feel

GhaleonEB said:
My PC usually shows gifs just fine, but that one takes over a minute to complete right now. Might be due to all the quoting.
There's definitely something weird going on in this page. Maybe it's just for me but the gifs keep reloading sloowly from scratch every time I refresh, like as if I was pressing ctrl+F5 to refresh. Usually gifs only need to download once (and the quotes don't matter, as long as it's the same gif it only downloads it once and then just mirrors it)

V ah! That's why firefox is not caching it.

feel

yep, let's go

Next time remove half or two thirds of the frames (every second frame or every third frame, usually is enough) and reduce the number the colors, try to keep them under 5Mb, always, so that the browsers can handle them well

vv He didn't compromise quality to keep size in check like people usually do

Page is running fine with all GIFs loading quickly and animating smoothly on my Android phone w/stock browser.

What did you use to make the Halo 3 GIF? So smooth.

senador said:
Probably because the laser .gif is 12mb. :O

Computer is strong. It drinks up the challenge!

I just randomly watched one of my games from the Reach beta. This is just eyeball test, but I'm pretty certain after watching that they did make it take longer to switch weapons in the final game compared to the beta. Changes like that make no sense to me.

senador

Banned
Letters said:
yep, let's go

Next time remove half or two thirds of the frames (every second frame or every third frame, usually is enough) and reduce the number the colors, try to keep them under 5Mb, always, so that the browsers can handle them well

Yeah and bring the dimensions down too for forum posting. You can keep a larger one for yourself or if its on a blog post or something.

LOL you guys. ;)

13 more come on!

Zoolader

Ya sorry it's so big, I was just happy it didn't look like super slow motion anymore so I thought I was done. I'm very much a noob at gifs, looks like I have lots more to learn.

Steelyuhas said:
Computer is strong. It drinks up the challenge!

I just randomly watched one of my games from the Reach beta. This is just eyeball test, but I'm pretty certain after watching that they did make it take longer to switch weapons in the final game compared to the beta. Changes like that make no sense to me.

Casuals bro, most common weapon change during battle is DMR > AR after all bullets spent. An AR user gets the advantage by not switching. More casuals get more kills by a longer weapon change time.

BALANCE BRO.

xxjuicesxx said:
Casuals bro, most common weapon change during battle is DMR > AR after all bullets spent. An AR user gets the advantage by not switching. More casuals get more kills by a longer weapon change time.

BALANCE BRO.

Probably why they put fucking aim acceleration in Halo as well. Dumb.

PNut said:
Almost 2000 in H3 MT right now. Wow. Loving the fast kill times and good maps. Missing sprint though.

Fast kill times and good maps is not something I think of when people mention Halo 3.

Plywood said:

Thats awesome

senador

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:

BALANCE BRO.

This makes me a sad panda.

Burn Cleanse the casuals! ;)

Top Bottom