• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
Keep an eye on their ranks over the next few weeks. Me thinks they're about to become Recruits. I've seen a lot of players do stuff like that, and when I checked them a week or so later, bam.

Can't wait :D

Domino Theory said:
Use Vibram Five Fingers next time. I'm going to buy a pair soon.

I'm typing "Vibe-ram 5 Fingers" into Google right now and I'm not getting back any results that are hiking related. Hold on, lemme try "Vibe-ram 5 Fingers I Feel Lucky".

Nope...still no hiking related links.

@Devolution: Googling is less fun when you spell correctly.

Karl2177

Devin Olsen said:
Off topic, pro tip: don't hike in bare feet.

Sent from my iPhone at the hospital.

Lol :(
Youch. You probably don't want to say, but what happened?
Devin Olsen said:
I just cut the bottom of my foot on a rock. It's honestly not that bad, it's just really dirty and I can't get all the crap out myself. So ive left it
to the proffesionals
I've only cut the soft part of my foot once, and it hurt like hell. Get well soon!

Domino Theory said:
Use Vibram Five Fingers next time. I'm going to buy a pair soon.
Things are comfy, but they make my feet super sweaty though.

Devin Olsen said:
I just cut the bottom of my foot on a rock. It's honestly not that bad, it's just really dirty and I can't get all the crap out myself. So ive left it
to the proffesionals

Oh. At least it's nothing serious. I've gotten some pretty bad bruises/gashes while hiking (because off trail is more fun) but my feet have always been ok.

Devin Olsen said:
to the proffesionals

Change your socks frequently. Keep that area dry. Cuts to the feet take FOREVER to heal. Good luck.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Devin Olsen said:
to the proffesionals

A cut foot in America should cost you $5,000. Add a scrape to that and you can kiss your retirement fund goodbye.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Domino Theory said:
A cut foot in America should cost you $5,000. Add a scrape to that and you can kiss your retirement fund goodbye.
An exaggeration, but the actual price is still a crime.

PS: I love how HaloGAF really is a one-stop subcommunity of GAF. Tangents abound, and it's totally okay, haha.

Striker said:
I can't be the only one on here who enjoys looking up non-montage Halo 2 stuff, such as: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv_S0Uz0Hmg

I enjoy all things Halo 2.

EDIT: DAT SMG and MAG combo!

Letters said:
4lt4bt.jpg

Amazing. LOLOLOL

Domino Theory said:
Health insurance bro

If I skip the Inside Gearbox Panel, I can take part at the Capture The Flag Tournament. But then I'll miss free pizza :/ FREE PIZZA!
And exclusive gameplay stuff of Alien Colonial Marines or Borderlands 2
Otherwise I think a lot of people will wait for this panel, too.

Tawpgun

Juggernaut has to be the most INFURIATING gametype EVER.

It's literally ALL luck. Not even an exxageration. It is ALL. FUCKING. LUCK.

A27 Tawpgun said:

Juggernaut with fiesta is the worst. It's like double luck fuckery.

cory021

Neo Member
Woah, I've noticed The Mona Lisa has 11 episodes out. I only watched the first 3, and then kind of forgot about it. Is it recommended that I watch it? If there's 11 episodes, it must be somewhat interesting.

Striker

Steelyuhas said:
I enjoy all things Halo 2.
I should make a large list of the simplest things they've screwed up in Halo 3 and Reach that worked so wonderfully in 2. :(

Things like sudden death, kill times, flag and bomb time markers, etc.

A27 Tawpgun said:

It's always been that way.

cory021 said:
Woah, I've noticed The Mona Lisa has 11 episodes out. I only watched the first 3, and then kind of forgot about it. Is it recommended that I watch it? If there's 11 episodes, it must be somewhat interesting.

Yeah its not bad, each episode is around 5 minuites long so you could easily watch them all in a couple of sittings.

ElRenoRaven

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah its not bad, each episode is around 5 minuites long so you could easily watch them all in a couple of sittings.

I really wish they would just release the motion comics in one piece. This splitting it up in 500 pieces thing gets annoying on the longer ones.

Tawpgun

Striker said:
It's always been that way.

I could at least be more consistent in Halo 3 with it. In reach you turn into a formula 1 car with tank armor.

Also, I've been playing a lot of Armor Lock-less playlists... so when I ran into Armor Lock today...

WOW.

WOW.

WOW.

How the fuck something like that can make it into a game is beyond me. It's unfathomable. Bungie must have been collectivity drunk, high, and on LSD or some shit when they even considered it.

If ANYONE... ANYONE in this thread or on this site accepts Armor Lock in Halo gameplay and thinks its a good addition and deserves to stay is WRONG. I'm all for open opinions but somethigns are just plain WRONG. And Armor Lock is one of them.

When people look back on this game and this generation they will look at Armor Lock and laugh, labeling it the biggest troll addition to a video game EVER.

343, please, Nuke Armor Lock out of Halo Reach ACROSS THE GODDAMN BOARD. The game will become playable again outside of Squad, Team Objective, and Premium Battle.

Wow. Absolutely unbelievable. Bungie probably never did a post-mortem on Reach because they would have anticipated death threats if they revealed who came up with Armor Lock.

Wow.

End of Rant.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I could at least be more consistent in Halo 3 with it. In reach you turn into a formula 1 car with tank armor.

Also, I've been playing a lot of Armor Lock-less playlists... so when I ran into Armor Lock today...

WOW.

WOW.

WOW.

How the fuck something like that can make it into a game is beyond me. It's unfathomable. Bungie must have been collectivity drunk, high, and on LSD or some shit when they even considered it.

If ANYONE... ANYONE in this thread or on this site accepts Armor Lock in Halo gameplay and thinks its a good addition and deserves to stay is WRONG. I'm all for open opinions but somethigns are just plain WRONG. And Armor Lock is one of them.

When people look back on this game and this generation they will look at Armor Lock and laugh, labeling it the biggest troll addition to a video game EVER.

343, please, Nuke Armor Lock out of Halo Reach ACROSS THE GODDAMN BOARD. The game will become playable again outside of Squad, Team Objective, and Premium Battle.

Wow. Absolutely unbelievable. Bungie probably never did a post-mortem on Reach because they would have anticipated death threats if they revealed who came up with Armor Lock.

Wow.

End of Rant.
lol u mad bro?
sagec7bw.gif

You're 100% right btw

feel

A27 Tawpgun said:

WOW.

WOW.

WOW.

Seriously. Same goes for 5 or 6 other major implementations..

Something real bad must've been going on during development inside that building, but it's gonna be a while until the truth comes out.

A27 Tawpgun said:

Wow.

End of Rant.

reversesage.gif

EDIT: Defeated

Hypertrooper said:
Btw. why is there no live sparkast recording at HaloFest? I can't scream "HaloGAF is awesome" during the recording. Crap.
You just answered your own question. This is why we can't have nice things something something.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Hypertrooper said:
Btw. why is there no live sparkast recording at HaloFest? I can't scream "HaloGAF is awesome" during the recording. Crap.

Heh, was thinking about rocking the HaloGAF t-shirt sometime during Fest. That good enough for ya?

lybertyboy said:
Heh, was thinking about rocking the HaloGAF t-shirt sometime during Fest. That good enough for ya?
But every PAX-goers know already that HG is awesome. The world need to know. lol.
Letters will be pleased. I did my job and if I had done the scream, I would have gotten banned at HaloGAF.

Zoolader

Steelyuhas said:
lol u mad bro?

You're 100% right btw

I wonder if Bungie regrets AA's in retrospect... with the music getting dark when Sage appears in the Vidoc (that gif you posted). Am I the only one who thought that when seeing that part?

Ramirez

Letters said:
Seriously. Same goes for 5 or 6 other major implementations..

Something real bad must've been going on during development inside that building, but it's gonna be a while until the truth comes out.

Sorry, but Reach was their shining moment. Definitive Halo...

Striker said:
I should make a large list of the simplest things they've screwed up in Halo 3 and Reach that worked so wonderfully in 2. :(

Things like sudden death, kill times, flag and bomb time markers, etc.
stephen_colbert.jpg

Striker is making a strong case for his Halo Presidential Candidacy.

Letters said:
http://i53.tinypic.com/30cr5zl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's an awesome.gif! Happy dogs are the best :)

Zoolader said:
I wonder if Bungie regrets AA's in retrospect... with the music getting dark when Sage appears in the Vidoc (that gif you posted). Am I the only one who thought that when seeing that part?

Yeah well Bungie admits SMG starts were a bad idea in H2 at the end, but we got the arguably worse AR start in H3 lol.

Seriously though, it would be interesting to see/hear an honest retrospect from the designers of Reach.

Letters said:
Saving for future use, haha great gif.

Deputy Moonman said:
Striker is making a strong case for his Halo Presidential Candidacy.
Yeah Striker knows his haloz.

MrBig

Steelyuhas said:
Seriously though, it would be interesting to see/hear an honest retrospect from the designers of Reach.
They did do a retrospective analysis of everything they did in halo, but it was just for them, not to be released.

Letters, do you have the BELI343 as a vector graphic? Maybe I'm going to need it for my secret super exclusive Hypertrooper shirt, if he do the secret super graphic. (I hope he will do it).

Top Bottom