• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Zoolader

Kuroyume said:
Halo 3's kill times were slower than H2. Weapon damage settings/range is one thing but then you have to factor how much slower it is to move around, bubble shields, health regen tool, shield doors, and lack of hitscan. Also add how long it takes to switch a weapon if you run out of ammo. All those things slowed down the combat. It was really noticeable.

If only Halo 3 never existed... Perhaps Reach would be a better game. The influence of Halo 3 is still felt in Reach. Even slower gameplay. Betrayal system replaced by Halo 3's shitty betrayal system shortly after Reach is released. Superior arming mechanics replaced by shitty Halo 3 instant arm. Overpowered Banshee with fuel rod cannon. Forge. I could go on.

I want to see 343 take a long look at that stuff. It's time to bring back the speed of those earlier games and fix all the other crap H3 has done to ruin Halo.

I thought Halo 3 was golden thank you! They should beef up some on the weapons like pistol and BR for faster kill times I guess. But I really want equipment back (not AA's) such as the original bubble shield which is 10x cooler than drop shield. Some AA's like jet pack and hologram should be added as equipment and useless crap like radar jammer should get cut. All things in custom settings such as player speed, damage, jump height, etc. should be increments of 1-5% to fine tune playlists like MLG. Also were you really complaining about getting a map editor like that made Halo 3 worse?

Tunavi said:
super-meat-boy-on-xbox-live.jpg
very tempting

Dax01 said:
If you can't get good games of MP, boot up any one of the Halo campaigns. Replay a level. Totally worth it.
I should replay Halo 2 and ODST

Zoolader said:
I thought Halo 3 was golden thank you! They should beef up some on the weapons like pistol and BR for faster kill times I guess. But I really want equipment back (not AA's) such as the original bubble shield which is 10x cooler than drop shield. Some AA's like jet pack and hologram should be added and useless crap like radar jammer should get cut. All things in custom settings such as player speed, damage, jump height, etc. should be increments of 1-5% to fine tune playlists like MLG. Also were you really complaining about getting a map editor like that made Halo 3 worse?
I think the point was that it influenced the huge amount of shitty community maps over actual well-made maps from Bungie

Any GAF'ers interested in playing in the 4v4 Tourny with me let me know... I believe I have a Team of 3 so far.

Also if anyone is still looking for PAX tickets I have two 3 day passes that I will sell for $150.00 each.

Zoolader

Devin Olsen said:
Any GAF'ers interested in playing in the 4v4 Tourny with me let me know... I believe I have a Team of 3 so far.

Also if anyone is still looking for PAX tickets I have two 3 day passes that I will sell for $150.00 each.

OMG must think about that fast, the auction I was winning was abruptly ended last night.

Played a magnificent TruSkill Demo game last night. Myself and a party of 3 vs. 3 dudes that had played less than 1,000 games total and their guest. 50-8. I'm not complaining. I wish Truskill worked like this every time! It was in Team Slayer...so probably not a population issue.

As far as AA's go: is it possible that Halo 4 will feature only the jets that chief has in the trailer? When running you could use them as sprint, while jumping they could give you a mini-jetpack boost and while strafing you could get a little left/right mobility. Just a thought. Improves mobility (something most Halofolks love) and everyone starts with it.

Better than Armor Lock...

wwm0nkey

Devin Olsen said:

Man if only I where able to find someone to room with I could probably buy that make it to PAX D:

teamaxe

Zoolader said:
ok just got home and edited that gif some more. I cut the time down, culled the first half, and attempted to do the wheelie in slo-mo, also got it under 5mb. Does the slo-mo look like crap, advice?
That's an endo. ;p

Zoolader

wwm0nkey said:
Man if only I where able to find someone to room with I could probably buy that make it to PAX D:

That's my only problem, If only I could sleep on a strangers floor...... Or I could stay up for 3 days straight. I know I have skymiles that maybe I can put towards a hotel room.

If anybody wants to Double up maybe we can get a cheaper rate?

teamaxe said:
That's an endo. ;p

Ah thanks I knew there was a name for that. I'm gonna use the advice here and work on it more later.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Zoolader said:
Ah thanks I knew there was a name for that. I'm gonna use the advice here and work on it more later.
Keep on sharing your GIFs with us, too. They've been awesome so far!

Zoolader

omg.kittens said:
Keep on making sharing your GIFs with us, too. They've been awesome so far!

oh yeah! Thank you! I'll keep making more to sleep on a floor!
Heh I'm about to start begging, want to go to halo fest so bad

idQvzQso2.gif

MrBig

cool_dude_2049 said:
So I haven't been playing for a few weeks now. Are there still jackpot weekends and double slot machines?
343 hasn't said anything about those yet. I don't believe they are running atm.

You all are just buying tickets now, because you know I'm coming, right? If you want an autograph, just say so! Man I'm so narcissistic over the I-net.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
Halo 3's water was a thing of beauty. Halo 4 better have some sexy ass water like Halo 3 did
Halo 3's looked prettier but Reach's water is technically better.

Valhalla's was all pointy and then Sierra 117 was beautiful. It's a hit and miss.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devolution said:
You mean the name banner? Or the whole thing?

Also here's what's looking like might be close to the final version, if you guys have opinions or see something wrong/off just speak up =).

rKnom.png

I love it but it just screams Brigadier from Halo 3. We're Generals! :p

Merguson

Banned
Tashi0106 said:

Only if your team made it to the rank of General on their first account!

EDIT: Also, does anyone know what playlists do not have Armor Lock and/or Bubble Shield? Is there a playlist that does not have either? I know someone mentioned playlists without armor lock before.

Louis Wu said:
I got one in Arena last night. They're going in lots of lists.

I believe it is just Arena, Premium Slayer, and Premium Battle. They were the last lists that Bungie set up to have double jackpots, and no one's changed them yet.

Merguson said:
Also, does anyone know what playlists do not have Armor Lock and/or Bubble Shield? Is there a playlist that does not have either? I know someone mentioned playlists without armor lock before.

With default settings:

DOUBLE TEAM
TEAM OBJECTIVE
THE ARENA
TEAM SNIPERS
SQUAD SLAYER

With modified settings:

TEAM SWAT
TEAM CLASSIC
MLG

Ridiculous mentions:

GRIFBALL
LIVING DEAD

The majority of adversarial playlists in Halo: Reach do not have Armor Lock.

Merguson said:

EDIT: Also, does anyone know what playlists do not have Armor Lock and/or Bubble Shield? Is there a playlist that does not have either? I know someone mentioned playlists without armor lock before.

Squad slayer, arena and I think both DLC playlists don't have armor lock. And infection, but that's a different kind of ''playlist''.

Tashi0106 said:

Yeah, it is the same bird as the brigadier one, but this one has 3 ARROWS. and LIGHTNING. Indicating you're team is swift as lightning and deadly as 3 arrows.....

GhaleonEB

Merguson said:

It might only be certain game types, but I didn't see any Armor Lock in Premium Battle, and it's not included in Squad Slayer.

The Drop Shield was dropped from all objective games, not sure if it's in any Slayer.

Edit: note to self, refresh page after reading before responding.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I hope you're not advocating going back to dual wielding. It completely fucked up the sandbox.

I hope its all single wielding but with the balance of CE where every gun is somewhat useful on its own. The catch here is to not make something like the AR or another automatic weapon too powerful. It should rip people up close but not too much. Last thing we need is a piss easy weapon to use become super powerful.

CE is the perfect sandbox balance to aim for. It's one of the main reasons that I want a single starting weapon or set of starting weapons. It allows you balance the sandbox much easier, makes for a better game, and a much better matchmaking experience.

Pistol/rifle and possibly a AR/SMG secondary. Always. Game is win.

Although I don't want dual wielding to come back, Strikers points stands in that in Halo 2 combos gave you a good shot in SMG start gametypes unlike H3 where if a BR wielder came at your AR you were just fucked.

MrBig said:
Halo 3's looked prettier but Reach's water is technically better.

Valhalla's was all pointy and then Sierra 117 was beautiful. It's a hit and miss.

I really like the water on Powerhouse. When grenades explode in the spillway, it looks amazing. H3 had a pretty shine to the water though, made it look better.

GhaleonEB said:
It might only be certain game types, but I didn't see any Armor Lock in Premium Battle, and it's not included in Squad Slayer.

The Drop Shield was dropped from all objective games, not sure if it's in any Slayer.

Edit: note to self, refresh page after reading before responding.
I'm not sure, but some TO gametypes could still have it in. I haven't played Oddball, King Of the Hill for years. Otherwise AL is still in Premium Battle, if people play Invasion.

Hypertrooper said:
I'm not sure, but some TO gametypes could still have it in. I haven't played Oddball, King Of the Hill for years. Otherwise AL is still in Premium Battle, if people play Invasion.

It's not in any TO gametypes.

Steelyuhas said:
I played 3games yesterday, and the second game was Squad Slayer on Tempest. Otherwise the game showed me, that Tempest needs some softkill-zone.

On Friday, I even played Highlands in BTB.

Tha Robbertster said:
Very funny, not telling me about it :/

And link?
Sorry, dude. No VIP status for you. Which link do you want?

Devolution said:
You should slap them. Hard.
Really? Hard. You emphasize hard? Is that your fetish? Damn.

Top Bottom