• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Hypertrooper said:
I played 3games yesterday, and the second game was Squad Slayer on Tempest. Otherwise the game showed me, that Tempest needs some softkill-zone.

On Friday, I even played Highlands in BTB.

DLC in Squad Slayer is one thing, but DLC in BTB. Seriously does not compute.

I admit, playing with a full party increases your chances of DLC significantly, but it is still an extremely rare thing to see DLC maps in this game for me.

Its incredibly frustrating, and I can't honestly recommend my friends to buy DLC for this game because you are simply not rewarded by being able to play the maps you paid for. Especially after the awful DLC implementation in Halo 3, it was a really big disappointment that they didn't implement DLC well in this game.

Steelyuhas said:
From people's experiences here, that seems to be the case.

Can anyone else not wait for the classic maps? I'm kind of excited to see what "extra spaces" they will have when you remove the forge pieces.

I wonder if the Maps will have a classic set up in the classic playlist, but the other spaces opened up in regular reach matchmaking.

A27_StarWolf said:
Can anyone else not wait for the classic maps? I'm kind of excited to see what "extra spaces" they will have when you remove the forge pieces.

I wonder if the Maps will have a classic set up in the classic playlist, but the other spaces opened up in regular reach matchmaking.

New maps are always exciting, but truth be told: I want the game-play changes more than the maps. The "extra spaces" would be a cool way to allow anyone playing off the CEA disc to play "more" maps.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I just made a joke reply to a private message but now I am scared he died of terror before he got to the punchline.

Striker

A27 Tawpgun said:
I hope you're not advocating going back to dual wielding. It completely fucked up the sandbox.

I hope its all single wielding but with the balance of CE where every gun is somewhat useful on its own. The catch here is to not make something like the AR or another automatic weapon too powerful. It should rip people up close but not too much. Last thing we need is a piss easy weapon to use become super powerful.
Let's put it this way. If we're dealt with another AR fiasco, it's just one step in pushing me out the Halo door. Between an AR start or dual wield weapon start, I much rather have the dual wield because in the previous Halo game Bungie was able to have the combos be very deadly, like they're suppose to be, in close quarters, and were able to take out multiple enemies within seconds. That's what it was designed to do, and worked nicely - I thought.

The problem Bungie did to dual wielding was destroying the Needler. If they had a SMG, Plasma Rifle, a Magnum of sort, and another style of weapon, I wouldn't mind it at all. That said, I wouldn't make it the sole starting weapon. I am in Steely's side where they need to introduce a new weapon, probably in the vein of a Pistol that is 4-5 shots to kill, but have its distance be limited. I think the Halo Reach Pistol is completely fine in this instance, but would raise its clip a few more.

EDIT: Tashi, you are a scholar.

A27_StarWolf said:

Much more excited about the classic settings because its likely its the only place you will realistically be able to play the maps.

Until its proven different, I don't see how the maps in default Reach will be any different from DLC maps, being that they won't show up.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Steelyuhas said:
DLC in Squad Slayer is one thing, but DLC in BTB. Seriously does not compute.
Why not? Highlands is one of the better BTB maps, and Tempest is good, too, even though it's cramped.

Plywood said:
The title update!!!
That's not funny, Plywood.
You actually had me for a second.

xxjuicesxx said:
I see DLC all the time. Little too much IMO.
You play the game, the others not. lol.

omg.kittens said:
Why not? Highlands is one of the better BTB maps, and Tempest is good, too, even though it's cramped.
He didn't criticize Highlands. He just said, that it is very rare to get a DLC map in BTB.

btw. I'm going to play the TU in one WEEK
and a few days
WOOT!

Steelyuhas said:
Much more excited about the classic settings because its likely its the only place you will realistically be able to play the maps.

Until its proven different, I don't see how the maps in default Reach will be any different from DLC maps, being that they won't show up.

More spaces and such, I bet they might add some of the fully open maps in the classic playlists, just to shake things up a little.

omg.kittens said:

No they are much much better than anything on the disc, I was just saying how they never ever show up. I've played a DLC map in BTB once in Reach, and the only reason it showed up was I was playing with a 16 person GAF party, so everyone had Tempest.

TASHI!!! Where is mah stream chat. I want to talk about that beautiful game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hypertrooper said:
He didn't criticize Highlands. He just said, that it is very rare to get a DLC map in BTB.
Ohhh, I thought he meant none of the DLC maps were a good fit for BTB. I shoulda skipped back a page and gotten the context.
Steelyuhas said:
No they are much much better than anything on the disc, I was just saying how they never ever show up. I've played a DLC map in BTB once in Reach, and the only reason it showed up was I was playing with a 16 person GAF party, so everyone had Tempest.
Yeah, gotcha. Totally agreed.

Devolution said:
Reach BTB maps make me a sad panda.
Did you remember the time, when Countdown had been in the BTB playlist? Yeah good times, if you love to throw grenades. Otherwise Boardwalk is a really good map and the best shipped Reach BTB map. But yeah. The others... :/

Striker

Hypertrooper said:
Otherwise Boardwalk is a really good map and the best shipped Reach BTB map. But yeah. The others... :/
Gross.

I could play Hemorrhage all the time in BTB, but awful teammates usually render it difficult.

Hypertrooper said:
Did you remember the time, when Countdown had been in the BTB playlist? Yeah good times, if you love to throw grenades. Otherwise Boardwalk is a really good map and the best shipped Reach BTB map. But yeah. The others... :/

I honestly miss Terminal, Waterworks, Containment and Headlong.

Havok

Dax01 said:
Ah, glitches. The most fun aspect of Halo 2. Sad. :/
Absolutely not.
Hypertrooper said:
Otherwise Boardwalk is a really good map and the best shipped Reach BTB map.
You must be joking. It shows up for Assault and Flag now, and just imagine trying to plant a bomb in a literal killing field with zero cover with anywhere from 8 to 16 grenades flying at your face. Ridiculously dumb placement, ridiculously dumb inclusion in the playlist. Hemo Multiflag with a good team is currently the best you can do in Reach's terrible BTB, but the best BTB map in Reach is none of them, especially not the community Forge maps which only range from tolerable to awful.
Bregmann Roche said:
Is Spire still in BTB? I think I actually prefer it to Abridged.
It's in there for asymmetric gametypes and for some reason that I couldn't possibly fathom, BTB Snipers. What a joke.

Zoolader

Havok said:
Absolutely not.

You must be joking. It shows up for Assault and Flag now, and just imagine trying to plant a bomb in a literal killing field with zero cover with anywhere from 8 to 16 grenades flying at your face. Ridiculously dumb placement, ridiculously dumb inclusion in the playlist. Hemo Multiflag with a good team is currently the best you can do in Reach's terrible BTB, but the best BTB map in Reach is none of them, especially not the community Forge maps which only range from tolerable to awful.

I've been playing BTB the past few days and Utopia is fun imo.

Also the Halo Fest tickets auction I was complaining about ending early, is now back up and I'm still the highest bidder. There is only 18 hours left. Has thing sort of thing ever happened to anybody on Ebay? It's at such a low price right now I can't believe it.

Domino Theory said:
Just listened to the interview Major had with alison from 343i. I had no clue Halo Fest spanned 30,000 sq feet. o_O
Link?

Yeah I read somewhere (I think the last bulletin) that Halo Fest is 30,00 sq/ft. Pretty wild.

Tawpgun

Zoolader said:
I've been playing BTB the past few days and Utopia is fun imo.
Slvah.gif

This past week of no school, no work and partying has done wonders to my stress level.

Feels good, man.

I might be up for some Reach later tonight.

Tawpgun

Hitmonchan107 said:
This past week of no school, no work and partying has done wonders to my stress level.

Feels good, man.

I might be up for some Reach later tonight.
BC2 would be a possibility if we can't get a Reach party going.

Zeouterlimits said:
:( Where was the Halo community love last year?
When Darkflight and I were there?

Still, meeting Luke & Brian was great.
I jelly!
Next year: Halo 4 panel, Halo 4 VIP party. I'm going to say to every 343i guy, that they have to do that next year!

Right now, there is no difference between this year and last year. I think the community night is the same like the event on Wednesday, which Microsoft livestreamed last year.

Damn. that was my 343th post in this thread.

Top Bottom