• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I was reading the Amir0x drama as it unfolded... I alternated between being speechless and totally giddy. Amir0x is alright, but his frequent out burts of absolute douchebaggery make it hard for me to like him, especially as a mod.

Glad he got caught and demodded, but I'm also glad he's sticking around.

JB1981 said:
Does ODST come with all the Halo 3 DLC maps?
Yup, on a separate disc.

JB1981

omg.kittens said:
I was reading the Amir0x drama as it unfolded... I alternated between being speechless and totally giddy. Amir0x is alright, but his frequent out burts of absolute douchebaggery make it hard for me to like him, especially as a mod.

Glad he got caught and demodded, but I'm also glad he's sticking around.

Yup, on a separate disc.
Thank you, sir. He got demodded?

I never played ODST, have recently got back into Halo 3 MP but don't have all the DLC figure this is a perfect opportunity to jump in. The game is only $19.99 now.

MrBig

PooBone said:
Any chance we'll see Anniversary's achievements next weekend?
They'll likely be in the menu for people to take pics of if they're in that build of the game. If not we'll see them a month or so before launch. Maybe even since this is a MS game there will be a build up on partnernet before launch.

MrBig said:
They'll likely be in the menu for people to take pics of if they're in that build of the game. If not we'll see them a month or so before launch. Maybe even since this is a MS game there will be a build up on partnernet before launch.
If not, the Frenchmen will buy the game next month already.
I hope every Halo game will have the achievement "Beat the Campaign on Legendary alone".

Btw. about Amir0x thing:
screens_smiley_CMYK.jpg

Who watches the mods?

JB1981 said:

I never played ODST, have recently got back into Halo 3 MP but don't have all the DLC figure this is a perfect opportunity to jump in. The game is only $19.99 now.
send me a f/r, I'll play Halo 3 gt: thezerofire

Booties

Banned
kylej said:
Kinda thinking about buying Gears 2 before 3 comes out. I never played it. Anyone want to roll through a co-op compaign if I buy it?
I have it but never played it. I won't be around for a few days though.

Gui_PT said:
Why you bastard. I get dozens of no scopes and awesome multikills and you just show me being rammed by a mongoose? :lol

Pretty cool montage though!

You're off my friends list =(

Sweet sweet lies to my ear! :p

Gui_PT

ElzarTheBam said:

I have feelings, you know?! =(

Edit: From what I read at the moment, he was stealthily editing posts of his so he'd look better in arguments while making the other person look bad.

Hypertrooper said:
I thought Gui got killed from the Mongoose. I saw that the Mongoose drove up the ramp at our base and some got killed. You both laughed hard. So I thought Gui got killed. But hey thank you for the disappointment!

I did get killed. I was asking about sniper spawn times and them some random guy drove me over with the mongoose.

ElzarTheBam said:
I thought Gui got killed from the Mongoose. I saw that the Mongoose drove up the ramp at our base and some got killed. You both laughed hard. So I thought Gui got killed. But hey thank you for the disappointment!

Tunavi said:
lol I was just thinking "who moderates the moderators?"
I was drinking when I read this post. Dude, my shirt. It was brand new. (But it wasn't the HaloGAF t-shirt.)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
JB1981 said:

ODST is fantastic. Definitely worth playing. The atmosphere, tone, and sense of exploration is unlike any other Halo, and helps the game feel unique and fresh. And the music: so good.

feel

Wait, Amirox wasn't a relative or real life friend of EviLore?? How the fuck was he still on the gaf staff after all this time?? One of the absolute worst posters on gaf who used his mod status to get away with all kinds of garbage opinions and trolling.

@hyper halogaf shirt pics??

Letters said:
Wait, Amirox wasn't a relative or real life friend of EviLore?? How the fuck was he still on the gaf staff after all this time?? One of the absolute worst posters on gaf who used his mod status to get away with all kinds of garbage opinions and trolling.
By the way, Letters, sorry if this is an old question, but whatever happened to your tag?

Keeping my Skyrim thread updated is taking away my HaloGAF time. :lol

GhaleonEB

omg.kittens said:
ODST is fantastic. Definitely worth playing. The atmosphere, tone, and sense of exploration is unlike any other Halo, and helps the game feel unique and fresh. And the music: so good.
This. It's a unique, memorable campaign and the music is absolutely a standout. Really great stuff.

Trasher said:
What was he doing?
Amir0x and Kato were arguing about the 3D effect on the Nintendo 3DS. Amir0x said that everyone he knows with a 3DS complains about how easy it is to move your head and break the 3D effect. Kato says that he doesn't have a problem with it and the people he knows with a 3DS are fine with it. Amir0x calls Kato a liar, Kato gets angry at being called a liar for stating an opinion. Amir0x says he never calls people liars unless it's some OT thread where they're obviously lying. Kato digs up an old Gaming-side post from June where Amir0x called someone a liar, only it seems Ami edited it yesterday to remove the sentence about lying. Kato posts a screengrab he had taken before the edit. The thread completely derails.

GhaleonEB said:
Amusing. Was there fallout?
EvilLore stepped in and removed Amir0x's mod status (but Ami is not banned). Some poster named BillyShears who has been attacking Ami's character gets banned, most likely for being a duplicate account. EvilLore still wants Ami around, just not as a mod. Amir0x mans up and posts an apology, the thread moves on.
---
Sorry for the off-topic wrapup there, just wanted to save you guys the trouble of sifting through that thread. It does make me wonder, how often do mods read HaloGAF threads? I know one posts occasionally, but we don't really have a regular mod presence. I think our little community though is pretty self-regulatory; we haven't really had any instances that required mod intervention lately.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
wwm0nkey said:
Well guys decided to change my avatar, its still Halo 2 related though :)
D:

It's always a shock to my system when someone changes their avatar after using the same one for so long. RIP Halo 2 box art.

Tunavi

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:
Sorry for the off-topic
Can we just agree that off-topic is acceptable for HaloGAF in moderation (no pun intended lol)?

And yeah, we moderate ourselves. You won't be get banned but you'll lose respect from the rest of the group.

wwm0nkey

omg.kittens said:
D:

It's always a shock to my system when someone changes their avatar after using the same one for so long. RIP Halo 2 box art.
Oh dont worry Halo 2 box art will be back someday I am sure :D

ncsuDuncan said:
Sorry for the off-topic wrapup there, just wanted to save you guys the trouble of sifting through that thread. It does make me wonder, how often do mods read HaloGAF threads? I know one posts occasionally, but we don't really have a regular mod presence. I think our little community though is pretty self-regulatory; we haven't really had any instances that required mod intervention lately.
Thanks for the wrap-up.

I like to think Ghaleon and Wu are our big brothers here.

ncsuDuncan said:
Who watches the HaloGaffers? I think Bishoptl
is our secret mod angel, who warns us, when we go too much into OT.

Letters said:
Which pics do you want? Super erotic pics or good pics. Because I can't deliver such pictures, because I'm on the pictures, too. :/ *uploading one right now*

Major Williams said:
Thanks for the wrap-up.

I like to think Ghaleon and Wu are our big brothers here.
Yeah. Ghal would be a good mod.
=I think the same like you

feel

Blue Ninja said:
By the way, Letters, sorry if this is an old question, but whatever happened to your tag?

Keeping my Skyrim thread updated is taking away my HaloGAF time. :lol
Standard procedure for when someone is being upgraded to mod status. Just kidding. And I can't share details about the tag change.

Tunavi said:
Can we just agree that off-topic is acceptable for HaloGAF in moderation (no pun intended lol)?
Yep. It's a Community thread. Staying on-topic is more important on the Gaming side (and even the Off-Topic side, lol). I just tread carefully when talking about subjects that might be more suitable in another thread (like this Amir0x business). Posting personal stuff in the HaloGAF thread is fine because it's relevant to the community we have here, posting a long discussion about the merits of each individual Parks & Recreation episode might be a little too OT and actually belong in the P&R thread, even if other HaloGAFers watch the show (just making up that example, not trying to reference anything in particular).

Tunavi said:
And yeah, we moderate ourselves. You won't be get banned but you'll lose respect from the rest of the group.
Yeah, the worst I've seen in months was edited out almost immediately. ;)

I guess the only real banning I'm aware of was EazyB (and Lake Minnetonka, for the crime of being EazyB). Tashii got owned by Liam Neeson, but other than that I'm not aware of any recent HaloGAFer bannings... Of course, I haven't been around that long.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Letters said:

Amirox and me were on the same page about 3Ds though. So was gaming public. Two most emotional issues on gaf are Nintendo anything and Sonic Furries. Lots of crossover on the demographics there.

ncsuDuncan said:
I guess the only real banning I'm aware of was EazyB (and Lake Minnetonka, for the crime of being EazyB). Tashii got owned by Liam Neeson, but other than that I'm not aware of any recent HaloGAFer bannings... Of course, I haven't been around that long.
EazyB had an alt? Whoa.... if true...

Also, Nutter was banned for a bit for something as well (nothing Halo-related)

Trasher

Hypertrooper said:
Here is your pic. (mirrored) Btw. the pic showed, that I have to clean my bath. I have even took a cute pic from my dog. :3
What size and type of shirt did you get? I'm sort of waiting to hear how they fit before I buy a couple. I'm 5-10 and around 155lbs. Depending on the shirt I can be a small or a medium.

Major Williams said:
EazyB had an alt? Whoa.... if true...
You didn't know that?

Top Bottom