• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

feel

omg.kittens said:
That's... disappointing. I was hoping it was something funny or intelligent at least, not some juvenile BS. I'm glad I wasn't gaming or reading GAF much in those days.
You had to be a regular on that thread to really understand why everyone spit their drinks when they read it.

Sai-kun

Banned
Interesting to note, too: It took us almost 2 years to get 100k posts, and yet here we are less than a year after |OT1| and less than 9000 posts away from 100k :D

fake edit @ gui:

fuckyou.png

Lazslo

vhfive said:
lol

OT but when has that stopped anyone. Does anyone play League of Legends? I just started playing about a week ago and I'm completly addicted.
Ahaha It just took one simple normal JelyK post to take down the empire. Still makes me laugh. The whole "fly to his house" part is incredible, as if Dax is a magical flying Handyman

GhaleonEB

Lazslo said:
Ahaha It just took one simple normal JelyK post to take down the empire. Still makes me laugh. The whole "fly to his house" part is incredible, as if Dax is a magical flying Handyman
There's actually a backstory on why the thread was closed. But yeah, posts like those were the beginning of the end.

The Dax episodes were awkward.

senador

Banned
Louis Wu said:
::Tentatively raises hand::

Reach is my favorite too (for multi). I think its the hitscan. I was not good at Halo 2 and 3 and having to lead shots in 3 was really hard for me. I didn't catch on til near the end and I still wasn't great. I vowed to change my play style with Reach and I am much better now. I am not great with the BR and AR starts suck. At least in Reach I can have a pistol that actually works (mostly).

Halo 3 is too dated for me too. Many of you don't like Reach's look but I dig it. The new animations really do it for me too. Spartans moving in 3 just look plain stupid. What I do miss from 3 though is the vehicle play. Its just not really very present in Reach, and when it is its not as good.

That said, I want changes with Reach and Halo 4. Keep the hitscan, but either improve or remove bloom. AAs sounded cool and were fun at first, but now I hate them and hope to not have them in 4, at least not as loadouts. Sprint is fun, but even that causes problems IMO. I want less powerful grenades (and longer fuse), and the ability to strafe. Oh and holy shit damn, please have fair spawns in 4 and please improve how guests work. While we're at it, let's improve Trueskill.

So yeah I like Reach the best, but that doesn't mean I think its Halo perfection.

Headed to Vegas for work in an hour. I'll be there for a week. No Halo. :(

senador said:
Reach is my favorite too (for multi). I think its the hitscan. I was not good at Halo 2 and 3 and having to lead shots in 3 was really hard for me. I didn't catch on til near the end and I still wasn't great. I vowed to change my play style with Reach and I am much better now. I am not great with the BR and AR starts suck. At least in Reach I can have a pistol that actually works (mostly).

Halo 3 is too dated for me too. Many of you don't like Reach's look but I dig it. The new animations really do it for me too. Spartans moving in 3 just look plain stupid. What I do miss from 3 though is the vehicle play. Its just not really very present in Reach, and when it is its not as good.

That said, I want changes with Reach and Halo 4. Keep the hitscan, but either improve or remove bloom. AAs sounded cool and were fun at first, but now I hate them and hope to not have them in 4, at least not as loadouts. Sprint is fun, but even that causes problems IMO. I want less powerful grenades (and longer fuse), and the ability to strafe. Oh and holy shit damn, please have fair spawns in 4 and please improve how guests work. While we're at it, let's improve Trueskill.

So yeah I like Reach the best, but that doesn't mean I think its Halo perfection.

Headed to Vegas for work in an hour. I'll be there for a week. No Halo. :(

I can't even get a handle on bloom anymore. Have to walk like this fine line between spam and pacing or something. As this game carries on I just get worse and worse.

Letters said:
- It's hard to find a Halogaffer that has been here for a while and hasn't been banned at least once.
I've been here for 3 years, no ban so far :)

Though I have been publicly shamed, so I guess that counts.

Edit: Reach is probably my favorite MP after Halo 2. I miss the BR, sure, but I am in the minority who enjoy Armor Lock, Team Snipes, Grifball and Team SWAT. Reach is great for all of these things. Also, credit incentives are nice.

Deputy Moonman said:
I'd probably throw Dani on that list too.

Who says I didn't? :)

Dani is like our Irish older brother who is too busy drinking and partying to care about us anymore.

Seriously, the dude hasnt been on much at all for ages.

As for all the talk about breaking Reach, wasnt there a idiot who like actually set fire to a whole bunch of Halo stuff around the time Reach was getting released lol? I remember videos of the guy throwing random Halo stuff on the floor and burning it.

Lazslo

Major Williams said:
I've been here for 3 years, no ban so far :)

Though I have been publicly shamed, so I guess that counts.

Edit: Reach is probably my favorite MP after Halo 2. I miss the BR, sure, but I am in the minority who enjoy Armor Lock, Team Snipes, Grifball and Team SWAT. Reach is great for all of these things. Also, credit incentives are nice.
I haven't gotten banned and I'm usually a shithead. However, I usually don't post much and I'v only been around for 3 years. Give it time.

Kuroyume

Banned
343 has so much stuff the have to look at for multiplayer in 4. It must be crazy in there... Assuming they're doing multiplayer stuff yet.

Tunavi

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:
Yeah, the worst I've seen in months was edited out almost immediately. ;)
lol that was me.

and Yeah don't forget when Sai-kun, MrBig, and I got banned. :p
xxjuicesxx said:
Untitled-16.png
Plywood said:
hahahaha fuck yes

and lol at this http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17275377&postcount=106179 wow beaten to death

ElRenoRaven

Tunavi said:
Sorry for the off-topic, but if anyone cares, Amir0x is no longer a mod.

Damn don't pay attention for a few days and this happens. I will say I agreed with him on a lot of stuff but well the way he went about presenting his side of an argument wasn't a good way.

So with that said is it Halofest time yet? Can I have Halo Anniversary yet? Come on guys. I know you can spare an early copy. lol

Zoolader

Kuroyume said:
343 has so much stuff the have to look at for multiplayer in 4. It must be crazy in there... Assuming they're doing multiplayer stuff yet.

In case they don't get it right off the bat I want them to include a robust custom game settings unlike any Halo game before.

Example: in Reach you could change damage percentages, but what if we could control grenade damage, fall damage, melee damage, specific gun damage all by increments of 1%. Reach improved upon Halo 3 with this, but I think it can go alot further in Halo 4. There could even be preset settings to play as close as possible to past Halo games.

I don't know if this is old, but this is from the PAX Prime site:

Your badges should be arriving in the mail within the next week and tucked in alongside them will be your Halo Fest badge, a cool promotional item to let you know about Halo Fest! Please note, this is not actually an "access" badge – your standard PAX badge serves that purpose.

Emphasis added is mine.

I've been hearing that you would need both to enter, but I guess that's not the case. Maybe that's why some people who ordered tickets for more than one person only received one Halo Fest badge.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Hitmonchan107 said:
I don't know if this is old, but this is from the PAX Prime site:

Emphasis added is mine.

I've been hearing that you would need both to enter, but I guess that's not the case. Maybe that's why some people who ordered tickets for more than one person only received one Halo Fest badge.

Eh, either way the Halo Fest badge is going on top of my PAX 3 day. :)

Represent!

MrBig

Tunavi said:
lol that was me.

and Yeah don't forget when Sai-kun, MrBig, and I got banned. :p
What he banned me for was ridiculous. His posts are always so opinionated or harsh I never understood why he was a mod.

I'm home from uselessly waiting in the DMV for two hours and have one hour to play Reach. Anyone on?

wwm0nkey

After watching A LOT of Toonami Aftermath (best thing on this planet) I now just noticed that Master Chief (Steve Downes) voice acted TOM 2&3 lol

Louis Wu

Tashi0106 said:
Hahahahaha I remember this
lol - Tashi, wasn't that right around the time of that guy who sent you a message telling you how lucky your shots were... so you made a montage of the headshots you got on him, with his audio over the top? (Game on Narrows, I think.)

That was amazing. I'd watch that again, if you knew where to find it. :)

Edit: never mind, found it. LOLOLOL

GhaleonEB

Domino Theory said:
Chief's face > blue blocks. ;)
Not having to manually flash the PAX pass every time we enter the facility > having to.

The Halo 3 lanyard festooned with Bungie mini-buttons over a Bungie/Halo t-shirt will be ample to let my preferences be known. :p

Louis Wu said:
lol - Tashi, wasn't that right around the time of that guy who sent you a message telling you how lucky your shots were... so you made a montage of the headshots you got on him, with his audio over the top? (Game on Narrows, I think.)

LMAO. Thanks for this!

wwm0nkey

Devolution said:
Big Team was pretty funny guys we should do that more often. Also lol at Lam Lam, was that supposed to be an improvement over Paradiso?
Anything is an improvement over Paradiso. Lam Lam sucks but I will take that over Paradiso lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Louis Wu said:

Hahahahaa haters gonna hate. What happened was I gave he and his team a historic beatdown and went like positive 18. He sent me that message right after.

wwm0nkey

Tashi0106 said:
Hahahahaa haters gonna hate. What happened was I gave he and his team a historic beatdown and went like positive 18. He sent me that message right after.
please tell me you sent him that video at some point in time, I would have made it a goal to make sure he saw it if I where you lol

Havok

Devolution said:
Big Team was pretty funny guys we should do that more often. Also lol at Lam Lam, was that supposed to be an improvement over Paradiso?
Utopie is the awful Paradiso fix that is only slightly better, Mt. Lam Lam is an original map that just happens to be awful without trying to fix anything.

Devolution said:
You mean Utopie? (mt. lam lam is the valhalla-like one)
It definitely is an improvement, but still a crappy map. Actually I even find it hard calling it a map.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
wwm0nkey said:
please tell me you sent him that video at some point in time, I would have made it a goal to make sure he saw it if I where you lol
I think my teammate at the time did.

Risen

Tashi0106 said:

Ope there you were...

Tashi0106 said:
I especially laughed at the youtube dumbass insulting you about playing halo

Top Bottom