• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

omg.kittens said:
wwwwwwtf is that supposed to mean? :lol

I need to trash talk more so I get hilarious messages like that, hah.

Good games tonight, except I think I'm gonna have nightmares of whirring grenukes flying at my feet tonight.

I didn't even say shit to our random that game. Hell I never say shit to these people and I get this crap.

Devolution said:
I didn't even say shit to our random that game. Hell I never say shit to these people and I get this crap.

I made sure he knew he was bad. Fuckin asshole making me lose games. I don't fuckin lose.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I always find it funny when I receive hate mail because I have my audio set to Team and Party, so I can only wonder what they must've been saying to me while in gane.

xxjuicesxx said:
I made sure he knew he was bad. Fuckin asshole making me lose games. I don't fuckin lose.

Right but did he send you a message? What a stupid sexist turd (him).

I won't even be happy until this game scales back melee. What the fuck is the point of anything when some random shithead can just dash/evade/spawn near you and take your shields off with a button. Then there's lunge on top of that you know, in case they find it difficult to fucking melee a person.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm.

Felt good to finally play some Halo with gaf again after a long hiatus. Don't think we lost a game all night.

Had some interesting glitches too, including a one-flag game on Powerhouse that ended 3-0 in our favor and a Hemmorage BTB flag game that gave the opponents 3 chances to score, two in a row before we got our second turn.

Looking forward to more games in the future. And maybe PAX, if I can somehow swing it.

heckfu

Banned
Oh man. I've been in Montana all summer working (without internet or xbox) and I get online for the first time yesterday and play some with Hyper, Sai, Devo and MANY others and had an awesome time. Maybe everyone disenchanted with Reach should take an ass-long time off...it was a really nice and relaxing homecoming.

heckfu said:
Oh man. I've been in Montana all summer working (without internet or xbox) and I get online for the first time yesterday and play some with Hyper, Sai, Devo and MANY others and had an awesome time. Maybe everyone disenchanted with Reach should take an ass-long time off...it was a really nice and relaxing homecoming.

I did that once already. I'll be on less anyway when fall semester starts.

Plywood said:
I always find it funny when I receive hate mail because I have my audio set to Team and Party, so I can only wonder what they must've been saying to me while in gane.

I always have my audio set to team and party. I'm not sure why more people don't do this. Seems like the obvious best option to me personally.

As for the last few pages of blah and blah about multiplayer and Reach. I think Reach does some things really really well. It also does some other things really poorly, and has a lot of little things that keep it from being great. It is often a frustrating experience, but for me its still significantly better than Halo 3. Halo 3 not Reach come close to Halo 2 and Halo CE though.

blamite

So, uh... Are we really getting the same weekly twice in a row? Did Bungie really only build in so few that this has to happen?

Save us Frankie!

FyreWulff

Yeah I was like "what" when I saw it.

Maybe it's the failsafe if someone hasn't pushed a new Weekly to the server, to repeat the last one?

A few days ago, I got a message from a guy in such bad english, saying I suck. I replied to him saying he should learn to speak proper English to which he replied: I DONT SPEEK ENGLISH, I SPEEK AMERICAN!!

ncsuDuncan said:
2wna5g9.jpg
is that you, younger CliffyB?
edit. I like you hair btw :D

After last nights games im back in the "lover" camp towards reach, yeah its got problems

Grenade damage spread
Bloom could use reduction, dont get ride of it completely but scale the reticle size down
AA's are a bitch at times but a blessing at others, leave them just tweak the cooldowns
Certain maps (countdown anyone) need better weapon placements.
Spawning is a flawed system but i havnt seen a game that gets it right yet.

Its still really fun to play and the more your trying i feel the better the experience.

StalkerUKCG said:
After last nights games im back in the "lover" camp towards reach, yeah its got problems

Grenade damage spread
Bloom could use reduction, dont get ride of it completely but scale the reticle size down
AA's are a bitch at times but a blessing at others, leave them just tweak the cooldowns
Certain maps (countdown anyone) need better weapon placements.
Spawning is a flawed system but i havnt seen a game that gets it right yet.

Its still really fun to play and the more your trying i feel the better the experience.

Stalker, I've been meaning to ask....UK Custom Gamers? I swear I've seen your GT before...

Sikamikanico said:
Stalker, I've been meaning to ask....UK Custom Gamers? I swear I've seen your GT before...

Yeah dude, play with swift pretty much everyday. UKCG is gone now swift still owns the URL but everyone has moved on bruxa and shadow have children, beanz , cuttle, esson ect dont play. joyceey and eddie still get on when they can but their doing "adult things".

So its me and swift fighting the good fight.

Zoolader

This gif isn't that funny or great but I think I'm finally getting closer to proper play speeds. It's weird because the gifs play at a different speed on my desktop then they do online. Anybody want me to gif-a-fy their rendered films? It's sorta addicting so If I'm teetering on annoying with all these gifs just let me know.

iczkczu1A.gif

Zoolader said:
This gif isn't that funny or great but I think I'm finally getting closer to proper play speeds. It's weird because the gifs play at a different speed on my desktop then they do online. Anybody want me to gif-a-fy their rendered films? It's sorta addicting so If I'm teetering on annoying with all these gifs just let me know.

http://k.min.us/iczkczu1A.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Whele, I've got [url=http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2714387&player=tha%20boyster]this one[/url]. Not really funny but you'll have something :p

Zoolader said:

iczkczu1A.gif

What software do you use? I'd like to do some gifs myself :)

Trasher said:
Well my favorite Halo multiplayer experience would most likely be with Halo 3. Cheaters ruined 2 for me mainly. Can't even say Halo 1 because XBC doesn't really count. But 3 did a lot of the best things right when it comes down to the core gameplay that made this series popular.

I pretty much did. >_>

Sorry if I want to play with my friends and shoot the shit still. That in itself is why I hop on every now and then.
Just continuing off this line of thinking.

Aside from Action Sack, I've stopped playing Reach's multiplayer entirely. It's sad for me when I think back about it. It's the first time I've stopped regularly playing Halo multiplayer since I first got Xbox Live back in 2006. Bungie simply changed too much of the core gameplay that brought me back into the series.

StalkerUKCG said:
Yeah dude, play with swift pretty much everyday. UKCG is gone now swift still owns the URL but everyone has moved on bruxa and shadow have children, beanz , cuttle, esson ect dont play. joyceey and eddie still get on when they can but their doing "adult things".

So its me and swift fighting the good fight.

A few of us from the old days still hang out - check out www.omgeurope.net when you get a chance, I'm sure you'll recognise a few names.

People up for some donging this (GMT) evening?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
AdrianWerner was finally banned. Bloody hell, that was crazy.

The same weekly? :(

Zeouterlimits said:
You know, that I'll be online.

Other topic: I got my HaloGAf t-shirt today. No backprint, but I'm okay with it.

Zoolader

Tha Robbertster said:
Whele, I've got this one. Not really funny but you'll have something :p

I didn't spend too much time with it yet, but I think maybe I can leave it larger while keeping the file size down. I'll have another go at it later, it doesn't seem like the file should be that large (6mb)

i5Icxpbi.gif

i nerini del buio said:
What software do you use? I'd like to do some gifs myself :)

I've been using this tutorial on gaf after being inspired by page 213 on Halogaf

Just using the Avidemux and Jasc programs

Zoolader said:
I didn't spend too much time with it yet, but I think maybe I can leave it larger while keeping the file size down. I'll have another go at it later, it doesn't seem like the file should be that large (6mb)

http://k.min.us/i5Icxpbi.gif[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks!

I'm gonna be online in one hour from now. If anyone wants to play some Reach, send a message to Robbert014.

ZalinKrow

Zeouterlimits said:

Definitely. I'm back from visiting Hydranockz in Dublin so I'll have time to play more again now. We only got like 3 or 4 games on Friday night and no one was on at the time. Let me know when you're heading on anyway.

Out of interest Tashi, you say that Halo 2, 3 and Reach have sucky stock playlists, but how would you rank those games for the core gameplay mechanics? How would you rank them for how they play in MLG?

MLG playlist settings didnt improve my enjoyment of Reach, the core gameplay mechanics that I despised still got in the way too much.

Halo 3 might not have had the same amount of features as Reach but I think the quality of the features (except forge) are higher. Then again I dont play Firefight much and so I suppose for a lot of people Firefight alone puts Reach ahead of Halo 3?

Tawpgun

Trasher said:
I feel like the TJ crew is stuck in this skill level limbo of Reach where we are about better than 95% of the people in regular matchmaking, but not quite on the level of the MLG playlist players. I'm not saying that's accurate by any means, but it sure as hell feels like it. Maybe we should just play MLG hardcore for a month and see if we can learn the maps/callouts/gametypes haha.

The raw Halo skill is there. The difference between you guys and the people who dong in MLG is that you guys are used to playing the vanilla halo way. MLG plays on a different level in terms of thought processes and all that.

You basically need to learn how to play another game again. But I'm stuck in the same boat as you. MLG settings fix a lot of the problems with vanilla reach, but I just can't get into it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
bobs99 ... said:
Out of interest Tashi, you say that Halo 2, 3 and Reach have sucky stock playlists, but how would you rank those games for the core gameplay mechanics? How would you rank them for how they play in MLG?

MLG playlist settings didnt improve my enjoyment of Reach, the core gameplay mechanics that I despised still got in the way too much.

Halo 3 might not have had the same amount of features as Reach but I think the quality of the features (except forge) are higher. Then again I dont play Firefight much and so I suppose for a lot of people Firefight alone puts Reach ahead of Halo 3?
Core gameplay mechanics? I would still put Reach on top. MLG settings? That's tough. Reach doesn't Midship or the Pit. There are some very good forge maps though in Reach MLG. Sprint and evade really make the experience stand out though. Crazy how they work.

kylej

Banned
Kinda thinking about buying Gears 2 before 3 comes out. I never played it. Anyone want to roll through a co-op compaign if I buy it?

Louis Wu

Zoolader said:

http://k.min.us/iczkczu1A.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
rofl - I can just HEAR 'Haters gonna hate' as the goose shimmies back and forth at the end. :)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
A27 Tawpgun said:
The raw Halo skill is there. The difference between you guys and the people who dong in MLG is that you guys are used to playing the vanilla halo way. MLG plays on a different level in terms of thought processes and all that.

You basically need to learn how to play another game again. But I'm stuck in the same boat as you. MLG settings fix a lot of the problems with vanilla reach, but I just can't get into it.
I question if the raw skill is quite there. Only because these guys win an amazing amount of the games they play, I question the competition of the matches. You guys should really step up and hit the MLG playlist. Run 3s or 4s, learn the maps and settings and I know you'll get more fun out of the game.

JB1981

Zoolader said:

iczkczu1A.gif

The funniest part of the gif is how you walk away from the laser cannon. Like a boss. Beaten by Louis Wu

Tawpgun

kylej said:
Kinda thinking about buying Gears 2 before 3 comes out. I never played it. Anyone want to roll through a co-op compaign if I buy it?
I'll help you in campaign, but its multiplayer is worse than Reach's....

Not even though. Reach can be good at times. But I never had fun with Gears 2 MP. Gears 3 on the other hand is glorious.

Top Bottom