• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

wwm0nkey

Im_So_Pringles said:
The one that you could do with ghosts? Yeah, lots of fun was had with that one.
You could do it with anything really, doing it with the chopper was amazing I mean you had a fucking flying chopper, what more needs to be said?

Gui_PT

wwm0nkey said:
You could do it with anything really, doing it with the chopper was amazing I mean you had a fucking flying chopper, what more needs to be said?

Frankie please, this would be the best feature in Halo 4

VVVV Yeah, he posted baby related gifs

Wasn't there that dude with the rabbit drummer that came in and almost immediately broke down and raged so hard by posting terribly awesome gifs?

Hypertrooper said:
Here is your pic. (mirrored) Btw. the pic showed, that I have to clean my bath. I have even took a cute pic from my dog. :3

That shirt looks good! I'd order one from the EU site if not for the cost and the fact that it wouldn't get here before PAX. Unfortunately the US store insists on printing the back design. :p

I did order this GAF shirt in navy blue. The design looks vaguely Halo-related and I couldn't resist showing my GAF colors.

GhaleonEB

Trying to buy a HaloGAF shirt from the store, I keep hitting the same error at checkout:

You have been redirected back to the Spreadshirt site. This may be due to two reasons:

Your payment provider could not complete the payment
You pressed the "Back" button​

I get that when I hit Submit. The credit card information is correct. Anyone else hit this same error?

Homeboyd

ncsuDuncan said:
I guess the only real banning I'm aware of was EazyB (and Lake Minnetonka, for the crime of being EazyB). Tashii got owned by Liam Neeson, but other than that I'm not aware of any recent HaloGAFer bannings... Of course, I haven't been around that long.
Tunavi!

Also, old but, this weekly! Man. The hell?

Wasn't this the kid all talking about how he had Adaption and just donged on kids all day in Reach?

Untitled-16.png

Hopefully hes just trolling, nobody throws their xbox out a window, right?

xxjuicesxx said:
Wasn't this the kid all talking about how he had Adaption and just donged on kids all day in Reach?

Six years ago my Original Xbox was with me in a motorcycle accident, but I've never chucked one out the window.

The Xbox worked fine afterwards, I just had to yank my Halo 2 disc out of the jammed dvd tray to fix it (after the paramedics scraped the asphault out of my back and legs, of course).

PooBone

ncsuDuncan said:
Six years ago my Original Xbox was with me in a motorcycle accident, but I've never chucked one out the window.

The Xbox worked fine afterwards, I just had to yank my Halo 2 disc out of the jammed dvd tray to fix it (after the paramedics scraped the asphault out of my back and legs, of course).
*shudders*

Booshka

xxjuicesxx said:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n97/xxjuicesxx/Untitled-16.png[IMG]

Hopefully hes just trolling, nobody throws their xbox out a window, right?[/QUOTE]
I threw my Halo 2 disc like a frisbee 5 years ago when I got pissed off at some bullshit that happened. Perfectly competitive game went down to the wire, some nerds on the other team got salty because we made a 10 kill comeback and were about to win, so they standbyed to get the last two kills and win the game 50-49. I was so pissed off that a great game was ruined by cheating assholes, I wouldn't have cared if we lost legit, I just wanted the game to play out, so I lost it, and threw my H2 disc down the street. I would never destroy a console though, that is just insane.

Risen

I've never thrown, or otherwise broken anything from raging... but I once induced such rage in an 18yr old at a Gamestop tourny that he threw his controller at me in game lol.

PooBone said:
*shudders*
For the record someone else ran a red light.

I was fine, aside from some road rash - other than my helmet I was only wearing shorts, sneakers (that flew off in the crash), and a t-shirt. My dad was the one driving the motorcycle, he's had the a few sparse neck pains since then.

I normally wear long pants/jeans and a jacket when riding/driving the Harley, but dad was picking me up from a LAN party and I didn't have anything better to wear. I still don't know how we managed to stuff an OG Xbox into the saddlebag. The bike was totaled, the Xbox got some nice battle scars but it still works fine to this day.

Risen said:
I've never thrown, or otherwise broken anything from raging... but I once induced such rage in an 18yr old at a Gamestop tourny that he threw his controller at me in game lol.
I once beat my little brother at laser tag so badly that he snapped his gun in half. It was just one of those cheap ones for home use, which pissed me off because then we only had one gun.

Trasher

ncsuDuncan said:

I really enjoy the idea of having an old Xbox on a motorcycle. Whoever hit you must have been in way worse shape than you guys!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:

Untitled-16.png

Must've been this game that made him quit. Those two guys that beat him, those gamertags sure are familiar...

Never broke a thing playing video games. I break shit over real life things. I get more introspective upon loss and wonder what I did wrong, I think that's how most competitive people do.

In college I did see a fight though after a 1v1 Lockout match in Halo 2. My buddy won and was a total dick about it making the kid feel bad at a party in front of quite a bit of people, still I can't believe the kid escalated it into a brawl.

Trasher said:
I really enjoy the idea of having an old Xbox on a motorcycle. Whoever hit you must have been in way worse shape than you guys!
Thankfully I only had a single Controller S with me.

The carnage caused by a flying Duke would have elevated the wreck to a Michael Bay level of explosions.

xxjuicesxx said:
In college I did see a fight though after a 1v1 Lockout match in Halo 2. My buddy won and was a total dick about it making the kid feel bad at a party in front of quite a bit of people, still I can't believe the kid escalated it into a brawl.
lol, there's a subtle difference between "punching your friend in the arm because he's abusing the CE pistol" and "punching your friend in the arm because you missed his face".

Plywood said:
Must've been this game that made him quit. Those two guys that beat him, those gamertags sure are familiar...

I've been in a game where someone quit and snapped their disk, he sent pictures to us XD.

Why would someone break a disk instead of sell it?

vhfive

ncsuDuncan said:
I guess the only real banning I'm aware of was EazyB (and Lake Minnetonka, for the crime of being EazyB). Tashii got owned by Liam Neeson, but other than that I'm not aware of any recent HaloGAFer bannings... Of course, I haven't been around that long.
never forget the kylej post which helped bring down the greatest thread in all of NeoGAF history

xxjuicesxx said:

Untitled-16.png

He didn't twitch hard enough that game he faced Xeno in.

Homeboyd

xxjuicesxx said:

Untitled-16.png

Hahahahahah

.gif or it didn't happen

Booties

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:

Untitled-16.png

vhfive

Devolution said:
He didn't twitch hard enough that game he faced Xeno in.
lol

OT but when has that stopped anyone. Does anyone play League of Legends? I just started playing about a week ago and I'm completly addicted.

Yea, that twitch thing with the DMR has an actual point though. I was telling Tawpgun during a random Condemned game last night.

I've posted an indepth thing about bloom before but I'll simplify it.

If you spam the hell out of the DMR about 9/10 bullets land in the bottom half of the reticule, I think this was Bungie's fix to that "problem" in the beta where not enough headshots were landing. I'm not positive of that just a thought. While the Nerfle has about 6/10 below and the other four do wander up past the halfway of the reticule.

By this theory if you twitch upwards their head is more likely to land where a shot would go. Although its nothing thats going to upgrade you from KyleJ to a Juices level player.

feel

- A friend once kicked his Nintendo64 across the room after another friend of ours went all clutch in a match of Diddy Kong racing. Or least he tried, all the controller and video wires didn't allow for much flying, and it just went down hard while knocking everyone's drinks off the table. It was all sorts of awkward, funny and scary for the rest of us.

- Nice!! :) @hypertrooper

- It's hard to find a Halogaffer that has been here for a while and hasn't been banned at least once.

xxjuicesxx said:
By this theory if you twitch upwards their head is more likely to land where a shot would go. Although its nothing thats going to upgrade you from KyleJ to a Juices level player.

Pfft please, StalkerUKCG > Juices > KyleJ.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea, that twitch thing with the DMR has an actual point though. I was telling Tawpgun during a random Condemned game last night.

I've posted an indepth thing about bloom before but I'll simplify it.

If you spam the hell out of the DMR about 9/10 bullets land in the bottom half of the reticule, I think this was Bungie's fix to that "problem" in the beta where not enough headshots were landing. I'm not positive of that just a thought. While the Nerfle has about 6/10 below and the other four do wander up past the halfway of the reticule.

Oh yeah there are times even where if I swing wildly to get the last headshot it works more than if I'm shooting carefully at their head. Hence why this game and bloom annoys the ever living fuck out of me.

Sai-kun

Banned
Tunavi said:
Sorry for the off-topic, but if anyone cares, Amir0x is no longer a mod.

Sorry to quote this again and go OT but

tumblr_lmohdkdIoP1qdn5o7o1_500.gif

And on topic, this hilarious video from my friend playing living dead. Hahaha.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=22387539&player=chaos nul

edit:

ncsuDuncan said:

how could you forget about your favorite local Gaga-stan? (Me, of course. Longest two weeks of my life. And during E3, to boot!)

If the rest of GAF goes to shit we still got this thread. Hell this is my shelter from the shitstorm that is the rest of GAF, not gonna lie.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, wasn't Deputy Moonman going to set his Reach disc on fire at one point? :p

Sai-kun said:
how could you forget about your favorite local Gaga-stan? (Me, of course. Longest two weeks of my life. And during E3, to boot!)
Doh! My bad, I'm such a shit-tier poster. ;)

Hey, even OWV was put on temp-ban at one point. It happens to the best of us (and OWV).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
vhfive said:
That's... disappointing. I was hoping it was something funny or intelligent at least, not some juvenile BS. I'm glad I wasn't gaming or reading GAF much in those days.

Edit:

Sai-kun said:
It's probably a lotttttt funnier if you were posting or lurking the thread back in that age. That was when Dax was like...new-ish, and he was just all over the place
and ghaleon
Yeah, you're right. I went back and read some more, and the juvenile BS wasn't limited to kylej, that's for sure. I'm glad that the HaloGAF Civil War has subsided, and a new era of peace is upon us.

Sai-kun

Banned
omg.kittens said:
That's... disappointing. I was hoping it was something funny or intelligent at least, not some juvenile BS. I'm glad I wasn't gaming or reading GAF much in those days.

It's probably a lotttttt funnier if you were posting or lurking the thread back in that age. That was when Dax was like...new-ish, and he was just all over the place
and ghaleon

Top Bottom