• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Havok

Steelyuhas said:
They do. The "Reach" version of Beaver Creek appears to now have rockets, sniper, 2 shotguns, sword, and pro-pipe.

Which is of course insane
Looks like Highlands 2.0. Every power weapon on every map.

Oozer3993

Barrow Roll said:
You also love how after you put a bunch of shots into someone as they're sprinting at you and you guys both melee that you're now on even ground even though you've already shot him a bunch of times?

Why would I melee him if his shield isn't down yet?

Kibbles

^ Eh, I preferred the BF Moments videos from BC2. This was too flashy, I like the awesome gameplay clips rather than random craziness every 2 seconds.
Hypertrooper said:
Not Invasion Slayer :(

http://twitter.com/#!/HaloWaypoint/statuses/103546124383694848
Cool will check it out, hopefully some more teases on the TU, because I could care less about Reach gameplay on the new maps.

blamite said:
Sweeeet. I completely forgot that map didn't have a sword before, and I was really fpcusing more on the new looks than on what was actually happening. ::p

I did notice overshield and camo as pickups though! Glad to see those coming back. I wonder if that will cross over into standard gametypes or be stuck in Classic though.

That way too many power weapons lol. I also wonder if camo and OS are there as pickups for the default Reach setup.

GhaleonEB said:
It has to do with how quickly you can change directions. In previous Halo games, you could be moving at full speed one direction, then stop and go the other way on a dime. It was particularly important for strafing fire and avoiding grenades. With Reach, you can't do that because of inertia. We slow down a bit first when changing directions, as if we're heavier, rather than reverse on a dime. It reduces the effectiveness of strafing and makes dodging grenades harder. We're less agile.
Yep. I want strafing back. And I actually want to be able to jump onto things.

In Reach, how many hit points are there in health relative to shields?
I think in Halo 3 it was something like:

Shield: 70
Health: 45

Total: 115 (70/45)

I personally prefer weak melee and weak-ish grenades. I see those two legs of the Golden Triangle™ as finishers, or supplements to gunplay. Double melee and Reach's nukes frustrate me. I feel like grenades are best used when that shieldless 1-shot guy sneaks around a corner - you can toss/bounce a grenade there to finish him off.

What if you swapped no-bleed-through from melee to grenades?

So with the numbers above I was thinking a melee would do 45 damage and have bleed-through.
Full shield: 3 melee hits to kill (70/45 -> 25/45 -> 0/25 -> 0/0)
50% shield: 2 melee hits to kill (35/45 -> 0/35 -> 0/0)
10% shield: 2 melee hits to kill (7/45 -> 0/7 -> 0/0)
No shield: 1 melee hit to kill (0/45 -> 0/0)

Grenades would do 70 damage but NOT have bleed through.
Full shield: 2 grenades to kill (70/45 -> 0/45 -> 0/0)
50% shield: 2 grenades to kill (35/45 -> 0/45 -> 0/0)
10% shield: 2 grenades to kill (7/45 -> 0/45 -> 0/0)
No shield: 1 grenade to kill (0/45 -> 0/0)

If you want to look at it a different way:
0% shield
- 1 grenade
- 1 melee hit

1% - 64% shield
- 2 grenades
- 2 melee hits

65% - 100% shield
- 2 grenades
- 3 melee hits

I think that would put more emphasis on gunplay and would make automatic weapons like the AR more valuable in close quarters combat.

Also I'm just brainstorming here, it's highly likely this is a terrible idea and I have no business being an armchair game designer. Maybe grenades should just do 60 damage and have bleed-through. I just like discussing this stuff.

FyreWulff said:
I just want to know what those obviously Forged rocks are hiding?

THE REST OF THE MAP! IT'S JUST PART OF ANOTHER FORGE WORLD OMG BBQ
They're hiding the rest of the terabytes the side tunnels/caves that appear to go from under the rock ramps down to the creek.

Nice move with the gif though, well played. :)

I really want a new 360 headset but I don't want to spend much money. Anyone know what the best "cheaper" turtlebeach or equivalent headset for 360 is?

Devolution said:
I really want a new 360 headset but I don't want to spend much money. Anyone know what the best "cheaper" turtlebeach or equivalent headset for 360 is?
0073185502049_500X500.jpg

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-xlc.aspx

Grenades should make players 1-shot its so valuable for someone who can place a nade. iv been in countless situations where resting that grenade at the feet as netted me the multikill

Damage radius needs to be lowered on the grenades, bleed through melee and reduced bloom to 50%-70% of what it currently is on the DMR and Nifle. 75% for the pistol and i believe Halo multiplayer would be optimum.

Also add in ranks and a ranked playlist, surely the rank mechanic still exists in the background just bump it to the foreground and give us a nice 1-50/1-75 number for competitive playlists.

Havok

Devolution said:
I've been using the Turtle Beach X11 for a few months now, it's pretty good. Doesn't isolate sound so people around you will be able to hear game audio and stuff, but I picked mine up for 50 bucks at the local Best Buy, which didn't seem that bad considering official headsets are so damn expensive.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
They're hiding the rest of the terabytes the side tunnels/caves that appear to go from under the rock ramps down to the creek.

I wrote up a longer reply but decided to go with a gif

Tawpgun

ncsuDuncan said:
In Reach, how many hit points are there in health relative to shields?
I think in Halo 3 it was something like:

Shield: 70
Health: 45

Total: 115 (70/45)

I personally prefer weak melee and weak-ish grenades. I see those two legs of the Golden Triangle™ as finishers, or supplements to gunplay.
Double melee and Reach's nukes frustrate me. I feel like grenades are best used when that shieldless 1-shot guy sneaks around a corner - you can toss/bounce a grenade there to finish him off.

What if you swapped no-bleed-through from melee to grenades?

So with the numbers above I was thinking a melee would do 45 damage and have bleed-through.
Full shield: 3 melee hits to kill (70/45 -> 25/45 -> 0/25 -> 0/0)
50% shield: 2 melee hits to kill (35/45 -> 0/35 -> 0/0)
10% shield: 2 melee hits to kill (7/45 -> 0/7 -> 0/0)
No shield: 1 melee hit to kill (0/45 -> 0/0)

Grenades would do 70 damage but NOT have bleed through.
Full shield: 2 grenades to kill (70/45 -> 0/45 -> 0/0)
50% shield: 2 grenades to kill (35/45 -> 0/45 -> 0/0)
10% shield: 2 grenades to kill (7/45 -> 0/45 -> 0/0)
No shield: 1 grenade to kill (0/45 -> 0/0)

If you want to look at it a different way:
0% shield
- 1 grenade
- 1 melee hit

1% - 64% shield
- 2 grenades
- 2 melee hits

65% - 100% shield
- 2 grenades
- 3 melee hits

I think that would put more emphasis on gunplay and would make automatic weapons like the AR more valuable in close quarters combat.

Also I'm just brainstorming here, it's highly likely this is a terrible idea and I have no business being an armchair game designer. Maybe grenades should just do 60 damage and have bleed-through. I just like discussing this stuff.

This and that.

Melee and grenades held up the gunplay. That's the way I always saw it. Nades and Melee's compliment the gunplay, not stand too much on their own.

On the bleed through thing I just WISH there was someway I could test this. To see of no bleedthrough on nades could be the greatest thing ever.

FyreWulff said:
I wrote up a longer reply but decided to go with a gif
Don't pull a Bungie. Fyrewulff Post-Mortem on .maps NOW.

Striker

I'm going to be quite upset if they release Reach's Beaver Creek with that many power weapons. It's... ugh. It's overkill.

Steelyuhas said:
If bleed through melee means we go back to H3 style 6 AR bullets and a melee kills you, then it can gtfo.
They both suck, absolutely.

I rather it remain the same and when Halo 4 comes we institute the melee damage based on the speed and height of the hit.

Hitmonchan107 said:
- Vehicle health overhaul (most wanted Sniper/Precision weapons to not affect health as much as it does, a handful wanted a return to Halo 3's health system)
- Banshee nerf
Vehicle health is fine where it was in Halo 2 with pieces being knocked off and so for. Reach's vehicles do that as well, but if they just relayed the death to the player health rather than a vehicle's dependency I'm all for it. Halo 3 vehicles were buffed in strength, hence why they felt it was so necessary to add all the damn anti-vehicular weapons and equipment to the fray. It all relates to how strong or weak weapons like the DMR, AR, Sniper, and others damage the vehicles rather than the health system itself. If the DMR and Sniper weren't vehicle annihilators the vehicle health wouldn't be that huge of an issue.

As for the Banshee, you must signify what needs nerfed. It's paper-mache as it is, but you do nerf the manueverability of its spinning and rolling, and do something about the Banshee Bomb. I personally would get rid of the fuel rod blast all together, as the vehicle was perfectly fine in Halo 2 under the circumstance of using its plasma cannons.

Striker said:
I'm going to be quite upset if they release Reach's Beaver Creek with that many power weapons. It's... ugh. It's overkill.

They both suck, absolutely.

I rather it remain the same and when Halo 4 comes we institute the melee damage based on the speed and height of the hit.

Yeah I'm going to be as well. Pretty ridiculous, and the shotgun placement is pretty poor.

Both melee's do really suck. Momentum based melee is pretty awesome. If we can get it like Halo 2 had I'd be pretty happy with melee (minus H2's insane melee auto-aim over course).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok I just ordered a little bullshit Plantronics 2.5mm microphone. HiFi equipment for Raleigh lol. 3.29$, free shipping, yesssssss.

Oozer3993 said:
Why would I melee him if his shield isn't down yet?
It usually doesn't matter what you do in that situation, unless he's really far away. They'll usually double melee you before you can put in those last shots for his shields to come down. At best you guys will trade kills. It's a dumb system and I long for the day it is gone.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:
It has to do with how quickly you can change directions. In previous Halo games, you could be moving at full speed one direction, then stop and go the other way on a dime. It was particularly important for strafing fire and avoiding grenades. With Reach, you can't do that because of inertia. We slow down a bit first when changing directions, as if we're heavier, rather than reverse on a dime. It reduces the effectiveness of strafing and makes dodging grenades harder. We're less agile.
Okay, thanks for clarifying. I've definitely noticed the nerfed agility in Reach, but I thought it was just the slower movement speed and lower jump height.

That feeling of speed and responsiveness is such an important part of Halo. Why Bungie thought they should scale it down is beyond me.

Striker said:
Me three.

Oh, also, what's the warranty like on that $30 Turtle Beach headset?

Zoolader

I'm gonna go out for a smoke and when I come back it's time for my daily dose of Halo.

Oh and for headsets I've always just used my awesome headphones + any of the dozens of cheap mics that have come with my cell phones. It's kinda annoying having 2 wires laying on me, so I'm thinking of getting a wireless mic soon.

FyreWulff

A27 Tawpgun said:
Don't pull a Bungie. Fyrewulff Post-Mortem on .maps NOW.
GhaleonEB said:
I thought he was referring to content baked into the .map files, and I don't think anything TU related addresses that (HaloFest megaton pending). Though he got pretty specific in saying stuff like bloom couldn't be touched, unless I'm misreading Dani's quoted post.

Bloom can be touched via a TU. It's inter-version compatibility that I'm worried about, since each 360 in a LAN will need to be connected to Live and have the TU downloaded because the TU is signed to the box it was downloaded on.

If the TU applies changes to all the .maps in RAM, there's no way for the client to understand that - meaning, you won't be able to play mismatched versions over LAN like you can with Halo 2 and 3. Let's say you disable bloom on the DMR, which also require you to lock the firing rate of the DMR to keep it from becoming a super-sniper. There's nothing the host can do to lock the firing rate of the DMR, since your client box is just going to let you fire as fast as before. So you either end up with a bullet only firing out every 3 shots for the client on a TU host or massive desync in Firefight.

Plus, .maps patched in RAM will have mismatched signatures - meaning unpatched Reaches will think you're trying to play with a new DLC map that they don't have locally.

Also the "8GB of download" was me quoting a Bungie employee, as Hired pointed out. And it'd make sense, as the Bungie employee was probably thinking like I was, where you'd have people download the updated .maps while retaining the old .maps for loading for inter-version compatibility.

But if I get a tag, whatever - I'm just working off my experience with the .map file system and what various Bungie employees have posted to the internet @ bungie.net and HBO. It gets really annoying when stuff could be answered right now but everyone in the know on the TU at 343 likes to give coy and sometimes catty responses, when we have Bungie employees over on HBO happy to explain anything about the game right now. If there's something that lets them get around the .map limitations AND maintain inter-version compatibility, well, I'll buy the engineers at Bungie and 343 I meet at HaloFest a pop
because I don't drink and don't have the money for the beer they like

Especially if they're hinting at including Classic weapons in the disc maps, which is practically 100% guaranteed to break inter-version compatibility.

But I sure as shit won't be playing any bloomless playlists just for the sake of playing with no bloom, especially if it's responsible for killing LAN. Bungie seems to be one of the last developers that actually cares about LAN, and it would be disappointing if 343 just came in and went "lol LAN" after handing it off.

(But in my opinion, it sounds like the Classic settings that will work on disc maps will be stuff like no fall damage, which is perfectly doable since the host determines if you receive fall damage. Stuff like maybe starting with a CE pistol will be locked to maps that have the pistol in it, because Megalo already knows how to do that with Chess and certain Invasion variants)

Now to get to work on my Star Trek fanfic so the tag links to something worth reading.

- Melee bleed
- Grenades (wanted them to be nerfed)
- Armor Lock nerf
- Individual weapon trait customization
- Vehicle health overhaul

Up until now, these can most definitely be accomplished via a TU without breaking compatibility. Halo 2 changed melee characteristics, Halo 3 added the spread to the melee contest. Halo 2's TU changed grenade fuse timers and damage. Host determines all weapon damages so that's something doable. Vehicle health is tracked by the host so that's also doable without breaking LAN.

----

Also the prime thing I want 343 to do right now is put a FW Invasion map in matchmaking so Invasion forgers can access the new CORE_RESET label that only Boneyard/Spire/Breakpoint can have. You can't put core reset zones on your FW Invasion maps because the new Invasion variants that have the label are locked to their maps :( It'd be extremely helpful as it lets you determine no-go zones for the core/bomb without having to have a softkill for the players.

Also make the announcer say "SKUNKED!" on disc Invasion maps. Unless that was a Megalo memory issue for why it disappeared on the disc maps. Then I can live with it.

Woorloog

Banned
Controller claims 2 bars of battery left and winks the lights constantly... annoying.
And once again i get matched with randoms vs parties. Sigh... Is there any plan to start forcing parties (Reach has quite a lot players) to play against other parties? And generally make the MM more accurate. My Squad Slayer matches tend to be good team vs noob team.

Again, anyone who needs partners, feel free to invite me... At times it feels like i have better time soloing in BFBC2 than in Reach :/

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:
Bloom can be touched via a TU. It's inter-version compatibility that I'm worried about, since each 360 in a LAN will need to be connected to Live and have the TU downloaded because the TU is signed to the box it was downloaded on.
Okay.

It won't be an issue over Live since everyone has to have the TU, and I honestly don't care if people over LAN have an issue because some have the TU and some don't. (I'm also guessing the TU will be distributed as part of CEA, since it has the maps baked into the disc, so those who can't go online for whatever reason can get it there.)

*checks watch*

It's not HaloFest yet. Curses.

GhaleonEB said:
Okay.

It won't be an issue over Live since everyone has to have the TU, and I honestly don't care if people over LAN have an issue because some have the TU and some don't. (I'm also guessing the TU will be distributed as part of CEA, since it has the maps baked into the disc, so those who can't go online for whatever reason can get it there.)

*checks watch*

Halo 2 esq console updates via system link?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
*Added to ignore list.*
:^p

I love Morgan Webb. Forget about her looks (Are we judging Adam Sessler on his looks, too?), she's an experienced gamer who knows what she's talking about.

Give me 20 Morgan Webbs over one Olivia Munn any day of the week.
My mind is full of Chan Jackies.

Beaver Creek is looking purty, same with Damnation.

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:
Okay.

*checks watch*

That's always the fun part about 360 TUs. Technically, a developer can patch anything.. but you also have to consider the knock-on effects of what your changes touch and the implications of all the changes. And the fact that your code patch has to decompress and reside in RAM, so you can't just replace the entire executable in RAM.

I mean, Reach already did some weird stuff like add new achievements via DLC with no title update.

One of my friends, Tha Robbertster, told me to come to NEOGAF. He told me there were big Halo fans like me and him. So I couldn't resist to join... after procrastinating for nearly two months. But I'm here now and it's my intention to stay.

Tha Robbertster told me to fill in this form. Great running gag by the way.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
45 in SWAT

AR or BR?
I really don't care, I use the weapon which suites the upcoming situation best

Favorite multiplayer map from Halo 2 and 3 (one of each).
Relic and Valhalla

Do you prefer BTB or MLG?
BTB

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Competative Multiplayer

Games completed on Legendary.
Every game except for Halo CE on legendary solo. The Library was freaking easy but I can't get through Truth and Reconcilliation

Are you EazyB?
Wut?

Favorite Campaign missions (all games).
Halo CE: The Maw, Halo 3: The Covenant
As for Halo 2, I can't really choose. Every level is covered in loads of nostalgia.

Favorite Reach playlists.
BTB

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
Teehee

Opinion on reticule bloom.
I like it. There I said it. It being a little bit random doesn't turn the greatest noob into a 5-shot pro like everyone is preaching. The bloom feels actually kind of good to me and more satisfying.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you favor.
I love them! They kept the Halo series interesting because they added a lot of new combat situations to the game.

I prefer to use underrated Armor Abilities like Camo and Hologram to prove to my friends that they are worth something if used correctly.

Why are you a Halo fan?
The story appealed to me, and stuck with me. The game and the gameplay itself were not much of an interest to me at first but that quickly changed when I had my first Halo 2 lan at a friend's house. I loved it so much that I bought Halo PC since I didn't have an Xbox yet. Halo PC was the greatest thing I had ever seen, especially the custom edition was a lot of fun. And from there on I began the journey through the universe of Halo as I dove deeper into the story and I bought a 360.

I love everything about Halo. I've played the games, read the books and bought the merchandise

Am I qualified?

blamite

What happened when you LANed Halo 3 1.1 with 1.0? Didn't the updated version just revert to original settings? I don't see why the same thing couldn't happen with Reach. If you want to play the new stuff, couldn't the game just say, "Can't let you do that, Xbox. That guy doesn't have the update." You wouldn't be getting all the new features, but if you really need them just connect to XBL to update.

That said, I've never played Halo 3 LAN so I'm just going off of things I vaguely remember reading. I'm probably completely wrong.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
FyreWulff said:
That's always the fun part about 360 TUs. Technically, a developer can patch anything.. but you also have to consider the knock-on effects of what your changes touch and the implications of all the changes. And the fact that your code patch has to decompress and reside in RAM, so you can't just replace the entire executable in RAM.

I mean, Reach already did some weird stuff like add new achievements via DLC with no title update.

One thing dude. I think you're jumping to conclusions about some things. For the TU, we have nothing confirmed other than they are looking at fall damage.

New classic weapons? Not talked about, not confirmed. They could be simply be adding modifiers to the existing weapons set, under certain Classic circumstances, to behave differently.

Folks are reading too much into the vague hints and making assumptions off these hints - it just leads to a dead end.

It's safe to assume that the TU won't be 6GB+, and it will most likely address fall damage in some way. Until next week, that's it.

Also, we're just dudes chatting on a message board here, not proper developers (well, there are some of those here too =P). I'm pretty sure the folks behind the TU will have thought long and hard about it's implementation. They don't need to be told to do their jobs right. All this talk about RAM and executables is just fluff. Doesn't serve to help the discussion move forward because someone is showing off that they know how patches work.

GhaleonEB

blamite said:
What happened when you LANed Halo 3 1.1 with 1.0? Didn't the updated version just revert to original settings? I don't see why the same thing couldn't happen with Reach. If you want to play the new stuff, couldn't the game just say, "Can't let you do that, Xbox. That guy doesn't have the update." You wouldn't be getting all the new features, but if you really need them just connect to XBL to update.

That said, I've never played Halo 3 LAN so I'm just going off of things I vaguely remember reading. I'm probably completely wrong.
Per OuterWorldVoice earlier, the new settings to Multiplayer would be added via game types rolled out in matchmaking, and those with the TU can just download them to gain access to the updated options within those game types. Someone without the TU just wouldn't be able to play those game types - they wouldn't have them to begin with.

That is assuming the entire scope of the TU is confined to enabling the new game type settings, rather than also fixing glitches or making other behind the scenes changes. I'm guessing/hoping there is some of this also going on.

Woorloog said:
What the fuck? Reach MM is borked. http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=759348084&player=Empyrus
The Enemy team was a full party consisting maybe best players i've ever seen...
I don't know if they communicated but it's irrelevant, they were far better than i or my teammates...
Sigh.
I can't play Rumble due shitty mechanics, Zombies is boring and in team games this is my usual luck :/

Lead guy has that weird line thing on his noble pic.

Karl2177

blamite said:

You weren't able to find each other in the system link menu. Halo 2 was the same way, and (I haven't checked recently) Halo 2 still has patch servers online. I'm assuming Reach will work the same way.

blamite

GhaleonEB said:
Per OuterWorldVoice earlier, the new settings to Multiplayer would be added via game types rolled out in matchmaking, and those with the TU can just download them to gain access to the updated options within those game types. Someone without the TU just wouldn't be able to play those game types - they wouldn't have them to begin with.

That is assuming the entire scope of the TU is confined to enabling the new game type settings, rather than also fixing glitches or making other behind the scenes changes. I'm guessing/hoping there is some of this also going on.
So let's say bug fixes would include stuff like Revenant physics and Gauss Hogs shooting through forge objects. For the sake of comparison, let's say this stuff would be implemented the same way Halo 3 1.1's new melee system was added. I've never played Halo 3 LAN, so I'm just guessing here, but if you connected a 1.0 box and a 1.1 box, wouldn't the 1.1 box just revert to the old melee system to maintain compatability?

I the only issue with adding certain changes/bug fixes in Reach's TU is version compatability on mixed-version LAN games, isn't that kind of irrelevant since the game ca just ignore those changes/fixes when necessary?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm tired and making a lot of assumptions. >.>

FyreWulff

Halo 3 1.1 works with 1.0. I know for a fact because when me and the rest of the PA crew ran the Halo 3 LAN at PAX08, all I did was brought in my HDD and we made that the host box and all the other 360s (that had no hard drives or memory cards) were just made to join it, and we got all the 1.1 stuff while playing.

Halo 2 1.0 can join 1.5 sessions aswell.

So let's say bug fixes would include stuff like Revenant physics and Gauss Hogs shooting through forge objects. For the sake of comparison, let's say this stuff would be implemented the same way Halo 3 1.1's new melee system was added. I've never played Halo 3 LAN, so I'm just guessing here, but if you connected a 1.0 box and a 1.1 box, wouldn't the 1.1 box just revert to the old melee system to maintain compatability?

Since all the important changes were determined by the host simulation, it just depended on who was the host. 1.0 as the host you played Halo 3 1.0, if 1.1 was the host then you got the melee change and non-wonky simultaneous death physics.

Halo 2? Join a 1.0 host as 1.5, and you had slow grenades, the wider BR spread, and the super SMG/PR. 1.0 joins 1.5, it just played like the Big Update with the nerfs/buffs and shorter grenade fuses.

As I said before, Bungie really put in a lot of work to cater to LAN players, which is a dying breed of developer.

Woorloog

Banned
Devolution said:
Lead guy has that weird line thing on his noble pic.
What do you mean? Do you mean that his player model picture is, umm, corrupted? Full of lines. Or maybe it's my laptop being borked as well...

Moofers

Just bought a brand new Legendary Edition of this. Have been wanting it for a good while now. Here's the big question though: Legendary DLC is going for around $30 on eBay. To sell or not to sell? That flaming helmet is pretty boss, but my friends say it gets them killed because they stick out like sore thumbs. I don't know. I wanna look all badass, but I value my K/D too. Plus is $30 bucks! Thoughts?

wwm0nkey

Moofers said:
Just bought a brand new Legendary Edition of this. Have been wanting it for a good while now. Here's the big question though: Legendary DLC is going for around $30 on eBay. To sell or not to sell? That flaming helmet is pretty boss, but my friends say it gets them killed because they stick out like sore thumbs. I don't know. I wanna look all badass, but I value my K/D too. Plus is $30 bucks! Thoughts?
Its does kind of make you stick out but if you want it go for it

oh and Welcome to Reach

blamite

FyreWulff said:
Halo 3 1.1 works with 1.0. I know for a fact because when me and the rest of the PA crew ran the Halo 3 LAN at PAX08, all I did was brought in my HDD and we made that the host box and all the other 360s (that had no hard drives or memory cards) were just made to join it, and we got all the 1.1 stuff while playing.
Huh, guess I was wrong after all? >.> Any idea if the same thing would happen if 1.0 was the host? Because if that would just cause the 1.1s to revert to the old gameplay, and Reach could just do the same thing, wouldn't that be a pretty good solution? Granted, it would be more work to get every box the Title Update, but it'd still be functional without problems, no?

If Reach doesn't work that way, I'm guessing that'd be where the problem come in.

edit: whoops, missed your edit. So assuming Reach works the same way, everything should be perfectly fine, as long as the host box has the update?

Top Bottom