• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Blinding

Tashi0106 said:
So PAX and MLG Raleigh are during the same weekend? Ugh, that sucks.

Nah, what sucks is that I wasn't able to get shit together in regards to go to Raleigh. :l Oh well, there's always Providence. If Raleigh is anything like it was last year, it is definitely the best choice for a first event. The convention center is huge, should be more then enough space for everybody, and downtown Raleigh is just truly beautiful, so good choice. lol

Voltron64

HiredN00bs said:
I'm here to keep up on all things Halo, rub elbows with the devs, and have a good time. It just so happens that calling out jerks is a good time. There are a few users that get on my nerves, some I'm indifferent to, and many that I like. We're all here for similar reasons, so that's why I have little tolerance for pompous cliques.
21ay6c9.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Blinding said:
Nah, what sucks is that I wasn't able to get shit together in regards to go to Raleigh. :l Oh well, there's always Providence. If Raleigh is anything like it was last year, it is definitely the best choice for a first event. The convention center is huge, should be more then enough space for everybody, and downtown Raleigh is just truly beautiful, so good choice. lol
Ahh that's a bummer. I wanna go out that Saturday night and check out the night life. Know of any good places?

Blinding

Tashi0106 said:
Ahh that's a bummer. I wanna go out that Saturday night and check out the night life. Know of any good places?

There's bars and clubs all over the place, hitting up Mazsik or Coach Small to see where everyone is going would be your best bet imo.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Blinding said:
There's bars and clubs all over the place, hitting up Mazsik or Coach Small to see where everyone is going would be your best bet imo.
Oh, well I'm not necessarily trying to hit up some bars with some pros lol. I was thinking chillin with my teammates or something. I'll check it out though, thanks.

Blinding

Tashi0106 said:
Oh, well I'm not necessarily trying to hit up some bars with some pros lol. I was thinking chillin with my teammates or something. I'll check it out though, thanks.

Yeah, that's just generally what's downtown in the area of the venue. Saturday night after the event we walked around downtown Raleigh and checked out the historical landmarks, and then Sunday night we hung out with Mazsik, Power, and a few other coaches and pros just right outside the venue.

Ramirez

HiredN00bs said:
I'm here to keep up on all things Halo, rub elbows with the devs, and have a good time. It just so happens that calling out jerks is a good time. There are a few users that get on my nerves, some I'm indifferent to, and many that I like. We're all here for similar reasons, so that's why I have little tolerance for pompous cliques.

You mean like you and Stephen? Get off your high horse already. No one here is in a clique, we've all played together at some point, and we all get along in game, from the highest of the high, to the lowest of the low on the skill level.

Tashi0106 said:
So PAX and MLG Raleigh are during the same weekend? Ugh, that sucks.

Gonna go out on a limb and say PAX with Halofest>>>>>>>>MLG Raleigh. You chose wrong, friend.

Nutter

Being here for similar reasons? LOL. Yes I joined GAF and was part of the original HaloGAF back in the Halo 2 days just to make fun of others in that community.

You know I am starting to really dislike this whole "clique" argument. For hating these so called "clique" has he even played with any other HaloGAF member outside the 2 dudes who are also in his little "clique".

To the person who posted the Android app for GAF, thank you. Reading the thread on my phone is a million times better with it.

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but HaloGAF has subgroups. It's only natural since new members come in waves.

Is that a bad thing? I don't think so.

Cliques might be an appropriate word, but it holds such a negative connotation.

Sai-kun

Banned
Uh, I don't know about you guys, but I definitely have a 'clique' based on who i wanna
fuck the most
on halogaf. Why do you think I play some of you so often? ;)

Edit: In case it isn't totally obvious, I'm kidding :lol Bad joke, sorry.

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:
To the person who posted the Android app for GAF, thank you. Reading the thread on my phone is a million times better with it.

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but HaloGAF has subgroups. It's only natural since new members come in waves.

Is that a bad thing? I don't think so.

Cliques might be an appropriate word, but it holds such a negative connotation.

I don't think we have subgroups at all, I know all of the people I've played with since Halo 2 have played with a ton of the new guys on a pretty regular basis.

I would put this more towards Noobs making something out of nothing, which he is quite good at.

On another topic, anyone ever use Expedia or any traveling site like that? I have the confirmation codes for AA/Delta, and when I go to their site, all I get is an itinerary, do I not need some type of ticket to print out, or do I just have to show my ID when I get there? Expedia tells me that no tickets will be sent to me, I'm just kind of lost at how I actually confirm my trip and get on the plane, lol. I definitely had a physical ticket the last time I went, any help? *travel noob*

Zoolader

Ramirez said:
On another topic, anyone ever use Expedia or any traveling site like that? I have the confirmation codes for AA/Delta, and when I go to their site, all I get is an itinerary, do I not need some type of ticket to print out, or do I just have to show my ID when I get there? Expedia tells me that no tickets will be sent to me, I'm just kind of lost at how I actually confirm my trip and get on the plane, lol. I definitely had a physical ticket the last time I went, any help? *travel noob*

you use the number on a kiosk and it prints it there at the airport

Nutter

Ramirez said:
I don't think we have subgroups at all, I know all of the people I've played with since Halo 2 have played with a ton of the new guys on a pretty regular basis.

I would put this more towards Noobs making something out of nothing, which he is quite good at.

Print out the itinerary, take to airport with ID, self-check in with your baggage, the machine will print out your boarding pass, get on plane, arrive in Seattle. Simple Really :p

Also unless its for an international flight, you rarely have to "confirm" your ticket.

FyreWulff

Ramirez said:

I believe you can just show your ID at the check-in desk. I had someone buy me tickets for PAX a couple years ago and I just showed my ID at Frontier's checkin desk at the airport and they gave me my tickets.

There should be a link on the itinerary that lets you print it out though.. at least I'm seeing here on my Delta reservation.

Sai-kun said:
Uh, I don't know about you guys, but I definitely have a 'clique' based on who i wanna
fuck the most
on halogaf. Why do you think I play some of you so often? ;)

Edit: In case it isn't totally obvious, I'm kidding :lol Bad joke, sorry.
I loled.

And sorry about that joke about Gaga before you hopped off. You sounded somewhat offended and it was after all just a joke.

There's so many fucking cliques in HaloGAF that's why I've played with all these people in the last week:

Barrow Roll
Tunavi
Sai Kun
juices
bobs99
Booties
Devin Olsen
Hitmonchan
HydraNockz
Hypertrooper
kyle
Miguelangelos
MrBig
Risen
Robbert
Senador
Dani
Steelyuhas
zerofire
Ram
Nutter
Trasher
vhfive
xenolock
omg.kittens
Gui
Xand
Awesome Barlow
Ghaleon
Ken
Merguson
ncsuDuncan
Sikamikanico
Zeouterlimits

STOP BEING SO CLIQUISH HALOGAF YOU FUCKS.

Devolution said:
There's so many fucking cliques in HaloGAF that's why I've played with all these people in the last week:

"The Deli list"

Jesus you're a holla back girl, by Lady Gaga.

Ken

Devolution said:

I haven't played since last month.

Send me a FR and I'll add you later.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Devolution said:

-snip

Not even on the list. wtfisthishit.jpg

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
vhfive said:
you really don't know when to just drop something do you
Ramirez said:
lol, what's odd is that I'm pretty sure he doesn't like 99% of the people here, the only time he posts is too get all moral on someone if they differ from his viewpoints, so I'm not sure why he bothers sticking around.
Welcome to it, he's been trolling Halo boards for years with the pompous holier than thou tude.

Has anyone, mostly the Recon Halo 3 dudes, ever had their XBL account compromised? and is there any way to speed up the process? I haven't had mine since July 5th and the "Investigation Team" has had to restart their process three times on my gamertag now because they needed really basic information like my name and CC number.

I recently called and gave some MS point codes to prove I'm the owner of the account, I'm hoping that will help me out a little bit.

Ken

LAUGHTREY said:
Welcome to it, he's been trolling Halo boards for years with the pompous holier than thou tude.

Has anyone, mostly the Recon Halo 3 dudes, ever had their XBL account compromised? and is there any way to speed up the process? I haven't had mine since July 5th and the "Investigation Team" has had to restart their process three times on my gamertag now because they needed really basic information like my name and CC number.

I recently called and gave some MS point codes to prove I'm the owner of the account, I'm hoping that will help me out a little bit.
When I was trying to recover my hotmail account and prove my ownership of it, I sent MS customer service tens of MS point codes, my entire Windows Live contact list, and as many titles of emails in my inbox as I could remember. They still said I wasn't the owner and asked for more information even though I gave them everything they asked for. Didn't want to deal with them anymore so I just started a new email. Only bad side is my main GT is tied to that email ; eventually I'll have to make a new GT and lose all game progress and XBLA titles. =\

Regardless, good luck with your Recon/account investigation.

Ryaaan14

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:

Closest I've come was having Shishka send me a warning message on Bungie.net, but I made sure my shit was secure and never did anything stupid. There were only a few of us at the time, so I was on the phone with XBox support to make sure I cut off all the loose ends immediately after receiving it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Ken said:
When I was trying to recover my hotmail account and prove my ownership of it, I sent MS customer service tens of MS point codes, my entire Windows Live contact list, and as many titles of emails in my inbox as I could remember. They still said I wasn't the owner and asked for more information even though I gave them everything they asked for. Didn't want to deal with them anymore so I just started a new email. Only bad side is my main GT is tied to that email ; eventually I'll have to make a new GT and lose all game progress and XBLA titles. =\

Regardless, good luck with your Recon/account investigation.
You can switch what email is tied to the gamertag, that's what happened to mine. I use my old login and it gave me a new weird brand new gamertag.

I think they got it with some weird finagling by sending a password reset email, and then guessing the link or something, because I (stupidly) had the same email and pass set for my windows live account as my gmail account but my gmail account was never accessed. It would've been easy for them if they would've thought of it. But it was a chinese password reset email.

Top Bottom