• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

ElRenoRaven

Louis Wu said:
lol - a challenge just for GAFfers:

Now I have a Machine Gun
Earn 40 kills with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Hell that ain't nothing. 14 of them last game I played yesterday. I may just go for that today when I get home. lol

Louis Wu said:

Now I have a Machine Gun
Just saw your post about Favreau. C v A is bad? Sadface. The title/concept is ridiculous, but that first trailer looked pretty great.

Woorloog

Banned
I'll be playing Reach in a couple of minutes

AR challenges can go to hell. If this was Halo 3, no problems but in Reach?
Good that at least couple of the challenges are easy.
EDIT i keep checking GAF during match searching, GT is Empyrus in case people don't know or are too lazy to check profile (i'm guilty of this occasionally)

i nerini del buio said:
Let's hope there's no forge world (the original retail one) in CEA because I don't want to play on forged maps anymore :/
No worries, as I understand it CEA will NOT have any Reach maps, including Forge World.

I was just hoping that one of the two mystery maps would be a FW-style canvas (i.e. Headlong but you can delete everything). Giving CEA a new Forge canvas would really give it legs as a standalone multiplayer disc.

---
Hell, if the Title Update gives us gameplay that feels "classic" enough, the people (mostly Gaming-side) that complained about the lack of Halo 1 multiplayer in CEA might have to eat crow.

If they just get the CEA maps as DLC for Reach, 343 could make a playlist with 8 of the 13 Halo 1 maps:

Battle Creek
Damnation
Hang 'em High
Blood Gulch
Rat Race
Wizard
Longest
Derelict

The five maps missing would be:
Sidewinder
Chill Out
Prisoner
Boarding Action
Chiron TL-34

The first two were remade in Halo 3 and the last three could conceivably be one of the mystery maps (although I'd rather those be Halo 2 remakes).

Karl2177

Louis Wu said:

Now I have a Machine Gun
Goal: do this in as few games as possible. How would I go about doing this?

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
Which clique am I in?
Alone in MLG :p

Louis Wu said:

Now I have a Machine Gun
lens18278982_1312560700challenge-accepted.png

Spray. Meet Pray.

Woorloog

Banned
Oh, IIRC, Multi Team is excellent place for AR kills. Too small maps for 12 players, of which 9 are enemies... easyish

Umm, maybe i should take my own advice though soloing in Multi Team is Horrible with capital H.

Will report AR kills soon

PooBone

Tashi0106 said:
Cool. Come on Dax, let's go talk about Star Trek and Forerunners
Not a Star Trek fan but I'll talk Forerunner for hours w/ anyone willing to listen. Talking back (conversing) is a plus.

Louis Wu said:

Now I have a Machine Gun
I've been using the AR in preparation for the announcement that bloom lives. I love that little guy. It's so much fun to shoot -- even if it is wildly ineffective outside of CQC.

Cliques, ARs -- I'm going to be so popular!

:^)

Woorloog

Banned
15 AR kills in a single multi team headhunter game. Of course one needs to remember that Needler also counts as automatic weapon, as do plasma repeater and rifle, not just AR. Turrets don't count as automatic weapons AFAIK.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Well by Star Trek I meant MLG starting strategies and by Forerunners I meant Walshy and TSquared. You guys still in?

Louis Wu said:
(Heh - looks like I missed all the high school drama playing out here last night. :) )

HiredN00bs - a couple of pages back, in response to a request for advice on how to live, you said "Be nice to the nice. Be an asshole to assholes."

Seems to me you do an awful lot of the latter here, and almost none of the former. Maybe if you were a bit more balanced, the responses wouldn't be so negative. (And please don't tell me it's because nobody here is nice.)
This is mostly because nice posts don't get drawn out into long arguments. But it's nontheless true and a fair criticism.

Louis Wu said:

Now I have a Machine Gun
There are more automatic weapons in the game than any other type. AR, Needler, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Repeater, and Spiker (speaking of which, are there any in matchmaking?) What I usually do is go into Rumble Pit and DMR/Pistol to drop shields and clean up with the AR.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Louis Wu said:

Now I have a Machine Gun
There better be a 40,000 cR payout for bearing through that misery.

MrBig

Welp, just found out that there's going to be a server browser for BF3 on 360. If the TU and CEA doesn't have anything I care about I'm done. No reason to play an mp that I don't enjoy, I already only play it every few days since I just don't enjoy the changes that Reach brought.

Any of the BF HaloGAFers going to playing BF3 regularly?

GhaleonEB

I played a couple of Team Slayer games last night to finish off the Credits for Completion Challenge, and did fairly well. (Granted, everyone else in the game were bozos - how else could I of all people start out with a shotgun spree?)

Looking at the game, I only had one AR kill. That's probably why I did pretty well. Thing is, Team Slayer makes me feel like I'm losing even when I'm winning. So rocking the AR for a while isn't especially appealing, especially for just 1300 cR.

Someone from 343 tell me someone there is looking at the Challenges. Please. The repeat of the weekly Challenge has me worried they're going to be even more hands-off than Bungie was.

J10

Banned
Been going into BTB with friends who recently revisited Reach. It's all very new to me since I've played mostly Team Slayer up to this point. I have a couple questions.

Does it make sense that Armor Lock isn't available on bigger maps like Hemorrhage? I wish it were sometimes, but I can cope.

Does anybody else think Spartans with Evade are kind of a nuisance? I'll adjust, but, goddamn, it's annoying right now. I'm starting to feel about Evade the way you all do about Armor Lock.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
GhaleonEB said:
Someone from 343 tell me someone there is looking at the Challenges. Please. The repeat of the weekly Challenge has me worried they're going to be even more hands-off than Bungie was.

We're not just looking. Trust me.

GhaleonEB

lybertyboy said:
We're not just looking. Trust me.
I love you. Platonicly.

Love the Challenges, but I've been so disappointed with the final implementation and post-ship support, so I was hoping the new caretakers would give them some love. Thank you.

MrBig said:
Welp, just found out that there's going to be a server browser for BF3 on 360. If the TU and CEA doesn't have anything I care about I'm done. No reason to play an mp that I don't enjoy, I already only play it every few days since I just don't enjoy the changes that Reach brought.

I would say yes, but having learned my lesson from Reach, I'm going into BF3 with cautious optimism. The name on the box does not mean the past experiences and enjoyment will carry over.

That said, last night's games of Reach were delicious. I'm pretty sure my frustration with this game stems from the DMR, and when I avoided it, I started having fun.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Devolution said:
There's so many fucking cliques in HaloGAF that's why I've played with all these people in the last week:
-snip

STOP BEING SO CLIQUISH HALOGAF YOU FUCKS.
Earlier I ctrl+f'ed Plywood, today I notice I was on the list(my gamertag was).

5ZxRj.jpg

MrBig said:

Ooh server browser. That's awesome news!

Anyway I will be playing BF3 regularly, but once CEA ships, my time with BF3 will take a hit for a while.

Woorloog

Banned
Got it. Nice to get 4k credits in a single match.
Now i need to get some food... Will be back to play some more in 20minutes

EDIT Halo 2 cuts... sprinting? That i didn't know. Nor leaning. I knew melee combos were planned, i think the gameplay trailer (the one with New Mombasa) actually featured it.

Striker

J10 said:
Does it make sense that Armor Lock isn't available on bigger maps like Hemorrhage? I wish it were sometimes, but I can cope.

Does anybody else think Spartans with Evade are kind of a nuisance? I'll adjust, but, goddamn, it's annoying right now. I'm starting to feel about Evade the way you all do about Armor Lock.
For the first one, it is in BTB Slayer. Other than that, I do kind of agree. Armor Lock is built for large maps with vehicle activity.

As for Evade, it hasn't been a large issue on Hemorrhage for me, but on Mt Lam Lam usually the other team is sporting Evade and with that map not being very large, it gets a quiet annoying. I'm still baffled Evade exists for Spartans in MP.

Ramirez

LAUGHTREY said:
Has anyone, mostly the Recon Halo 3 dudes, ever had their XBL account compromised? and is there any way to speed up the process? I haven't had mine since July 5th and the "Investigation Team" has had to restart their process three times on my gamertag now because they needed really basic information like my name and CC number.

I recently called and gave some MS point codes to prove I'm the owner of the account, I'm hoping that will help me out a little bit.

When my account was hacked back in Halo 3, I can almost say for certain that if Luke hadn't of pulled some strings I wouldn't have gotten my stuff back. I still lost my original GT, as the doucher turned it into a Silver account after he changed my GT.

Woorloog said:
Play some multi team. Or maybe Action Sack.
I admit it was torture though...
Team Classic. DAT AR

I always wondered why they bumped up the damage for Classic, making the AR so much more effective. Then I played Halo 3 the other day. Good God.

Schmitty

MrBig said:

I will be playing it until the end of time.

Multi-team is the best for auto weapon challenges because everyone is brain-dead in that playlist

wwm0nkey

MrBig said:

I will be playing the ever loving hell out of BF3....and Halo :)

Homeboyd said:
Seriously, Im almost as excited about this as the new classic settings.

Need suggestions? :p
I'd temper that excitement a bit - I'd be very surprised if 343 is able to add new challenges.

I think a more reasonable expectation would be seeing the challenges we already have implemented a little more effectively - adjusting which ones show up (i.e. no more ridiculous assist challenges) and how many credits they pay out (relative to difficulty/time spent).

I don't want to make a faulty assumption, but adding new challenges to the game would definitely require a 12 TB title update and would delete your Service Record as well as your firstborn son.

Okay maybe not, but I really think getting super excited for some kind of Challenge Overhaul could be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Woorloog

Banned
Back to Halo... i should eat more healtily. Noodles and frankfurters.
Gonna skip that FF challenge, 10 vehicles is as bad as 40 kills with AR.

Trasher said:
Just in case the reference is lost on some of you:

20061220machinegun.jpg
I only recently watched Die Hard for the first time, and loved it. I had no idea how much it influence it had on 24, which I also loved.

Woorloog said:
Gonna skip that FF challenge, 10 vehicles is as bad as 40 kills with AR.
FF Limited on Beachhead is great for that challenge, and great fun as well. I think you can play it any time you want to in Firefight Doubles.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
MrBig said:
Yes, Halo customs will always be fun

it would be kinda cool to have some challenges be specific to customs games (with at least 5 players?)

I need to play with MORE Gaf folks. I believe the only person I have from here on my friends list is Ghaleon.

Who wants to play tonight? I'll be on after 7pm pacific.

Edit: GT: Major WiIIiams (4 i's)

Top Bottom