• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Ken

LAUGHTREY said:
You can switch what email is tied to the gamertag
How? When I go to change email it asks for my old login and password (the latter which doesn't work which is why I was trying to prove my ownership in the first place). Without the correct password I'd imagine changing the email isn't an option unless there's some secret I'm unaware of and would love to know.

Gui_PT

Wow, thanks a lot guys. Please don't be offended but there's no way I could accept it.

Ultimately, it's my fault for being in this situation.
I could've waited a few more months to try and find a payed internship, but I thought "I want to make videogames. Screw money, I'm going to try to follow my dream".
Problem is, there are only two gaming companies here in Portugal, and the other one is down south, so I had to go with this one.

But hey, I have a laptop, I have internet and a 360 with a couple of games. Which is much more than what I actually need. So things aren't as bad as I made it seem with my last post, I guess.

Thanks a lot for the offer though. It means a lot.

Kids, lesson is: Follow your dreams

Gui_PT said:
Wow, thanks a lot guys. Please don't be offended but there's no way I could accept it.

Ultimately, it's my fault for being in this situation.
I could've waited a few more months to try and find a payed internship, but I thought "I want to make videogames. Screw money, I'm going to try to follow my dream".
Problem is, there are only two gaming companies here in Portugal, and the other one is down south, so I had to go with this one.

But hey, I have a laptop, I have internet and a 360 with a couple of games. Which is much more than what I actually need. So things aren't as bad as I made it seem with my last post, I guess.

Thanks a lot for the offer though. It means a lot.

Kids, lesson is: Follow your dreams

Dont care sorry its happening! Deal with it brother!

Gui_PT

Now I feel bad for saying anything about it. I'm not in a bad situation. I'm not poor or anything. I have a home, food and clothes. Anything you could ask for. Simply can't afford all these things at once. I was merely asking for a < 23 MB TU.

Can I just have that please? :lol

Deputy Moonman said:
my eyes are bleeding from trying to catch up on this thread. does anyone have some eye drops?
I can you some Maxitrol (steroid eye drops).

Meet you in the Offtopic in 5.

Gui_PT said:
Now I feel bad for saying anything about it. I'm not in a bad situation. I'm not poor or anything. I have a home, food and clothes. Anything you could ask for. Simply can't afford all these things at once. I was merely asking for a < 23 MB TU.

Yeah Frankie, it's on your head how much Gui suffers! :p

Friends helping out friends, accept it and brofist.

Devolution said:
There's so many fucking cliques in HaloGAF that's why I've played with all these people in the last week:

Barrow Roll
Tunavi
Sai Kun
juices
bobs99
Booties
Devin Olsen
Hitmonchan
HydraNockz
Hypertrooper
kyle
Miguelangelos
MrBig
Risen
Robbert
Senador
Dani
Steelyuhas
zerofire
Ram
Nutter
Trasher
vhfive
xenolock
omg.kittens
Gui
Xand
Awesome Barlow
Ghaleon
Ken
Merguson
ncsuDuncan
Sikamikanico
Zeouterlimits

STOP BEING SO CLIQUISH HALOGAF YOU FUCKS.
Xand is in your list and Overdoziz not. Haha both not on GAF, but Xand get even accepted without GAF account.
Overdoziz not

About the clique system: Hell yeah, you damn americans! Get a better time zone=problem would be solved.

You could all add me if you want: GT= Hypertrooper

Gui_PT said:

Still have the old 360? And I think you want some food, because everytime we play together, you want to do something with my foot. Do you want to eat it?

LAUGHTREY said:
Welcome to it, he's been trolling Halo boards for years with the pompous holier than thou tude.
lol I was wondering when you would chime in. And I have played with many here and would play with just about anyone, from HaloGAF, or any other passionate Halo community. I believe our similarities far outweigh our differences, as passionate as we are about the latter.

And HaloIGN had pretty much the opposite of NeoGAF's rule: Do be a dick. It was a terribly hostile environment, but there still were some really cool people I met there with whom I've enjoyed good laughs and good games for years.

Remember those old anti-drug commercials? Well, if I'm ever a complete ass here, LAUGHTREY, I learned it from watching you! But seriously, your posts here are almost nothing like your caustic, mean posts from IGN--it's nice to see you've grown up. Perhaps I too can change.

Gui_PT said:

I thought TUs were stored in an inaccessible section for system files, not counted among your HDD space given on the dashboard. Even if you had that space completely full of TUs from other games, the system will automatically clear space for the newest TU. What you'll really need space for are the 7 new maps you'll want to download for use with your Reach disc. You could probably fit all Reach DLC onto a cheap flashdrive if it came to it.

Am I imagining things, or wasn't there a way to download a TU to a USB or optical disc for offline installation?

PooBone

Hitmonchan107 said:
*Added to ignore list.*
:^p

I love Morgan Webb. Forget about her looks (Are we judging Adam Sessler on his looks, too?), she's an experienced gamer who knows what she's talking about.

Give me 20 Morgan Webbs over one Olivia Munn any day of the week.

Was simply judging her looks because you said:

PsychoRaven said:
Can't miss a chance to check out Morgan Webb. lol

Attractive or not, I still don't like her, not so much because of her knowledge or opinion on games, but because of her voice. I think I said this eariler, butshe sounds like she's reading a book to a 2 year old.

PooBone

Hitmonchan107 said:
*Added to ignore list.*
:^p

I love Morgan Webb. Forget about her looks (Are we judging Adam Sessler on his looks, too?), she's an experienced gamer who knows what she's talking about.

Give me 20 Morgan Webbs over one Olivia Munn any day of the week.

Was simply judging her looks because Psycho said:

PsychoRaven said:
Can't miss a chance to check out Morgan Webb. lol

Attractive or not, I still don't like her, not so much because of her knowledge or opinion on games, but because of her voice. I think I said this eariler, butshe sounds like she's reading a book to a 2 year old.

Hypertrooper said:
Btw. I'm heading to Cologne now. First event, where I'm wearing the Halogaf shirt. :D

"Damn You"

That is all.

Also Hyper, If you see Dan Ayoub, kiss him mafia style and say:

"Elzar sends his regards"

Tawpgun

Devolution said:
There's so many fucking cliques in HaloGAF that's why I've played with all these people in the last week:

Barrow Roll
Tunavi
Sai Kun
juices
bobs99
Booties
Devin Olsen
Hitmonchan
HydraNockz
Hypertrooper
kyle
Miguelangelos
MrBig
Risen
Robbert
Senador
Dani
Steelyuhas
zerofire
Ram
Nutter
Trasher
vhfive
xenolock
omg.kittens
Gui
Xand
Awesome Barlow
Ghaleon
Ken
Merguson
ncsuDuncan
Sikamikanico
Zeouterlimits

Get the fuck on my friends list.

stephen08 said:
Where was the Beaver Creek footage that was talked about earlier?

The only video I have found is this (which BTW only has 2 views so it might be worth a look to see if it's new).

Fair warning though, have your speakers muted or on a much lower volume.
I will never understand the appeal of dubstep. Especially bad dubstep.

Also, it's not classic so meh.

Also LOL SHOTGUN FOR PISTOL

Which reminds me, I hope vanilla reach Beaver Creek is still subject to change.... Sword in the middle. Shotgun IN THE BASE. Rockets up top. Presumably snipers on the sides. And grenade launchers somewhere? Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope.

Remove Sword and Shotguns. I don't want to get sprint rushed on such a small map.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
HaloGaf, I must ask, would anyone going to PAX/Halo-Fest be willing to grab me some swag? I would for sure pay shipping and could throw a bit extra in if needed.

:p

PooBone said:
I have a multiplayer playlist of Halo tunes.
For me it's Never Surrender on loop.
A27 Tawpgun said:
Which reminds me, I hope vanilla reach Beaver Creek is still subject to change.... Sword in the middle. Shotgun IN THE BASE. Rockets up top. Presumably snipers on the sides. And grenade launchers somewhere? Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope.

Remove Sword and Shotguns. I don't want to get sprint rushed on such a small map.
Certainly raises questions to be asked next week. It could be like the MP demonstration at PAX in 07, at the Omegathon, were they had a bunch of power weapons just for casual people to be excited/wow'ed.

Tawpgun

Zeouterlimits said:
For me it's Never Surrender on loop.

Certainly raises questions to be asked next week. It could be like the MP demonstration at PAX in 07, at the Omegathon, were they had a bunch of power weapons just for casual people to be excited/wow'ed.
That would be a good explanation. I hope its right.

Maybe the bulletin today might shed some light on it.

Louis Wu

Devolution said:
Lead guy has that weird line thing on his noble pic.
urk mentioned that these are due to a bad rendering unit. It's no longer in use, but it'll be a while before all the bad images are replaced.
urk on HBO's forum said:
According to Moose, one of the rendering units went bad and "was generating crazy-go-nuts player images." It's been pulled from the farm, but it might take a bit to replace the bad images with rich, creamy Spartany goodness.

Devolution said:
YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED WITH ME! YOU HATE ME, DON'T YOU?

(Heh - looks like I missed all the high school drama playing out here last night. :) )

HiredN00bs - a couple of pages back, in response to a request for advice on how to live, you said "Be nice to the nice. Be an asshole to assholes."

Seems to me you do an awful lot of the latter here, and almost none of the former. Maybe if you were a bit more balanced, the responses wouldn't be so negative. (And please don't tell me it's because nobody here is nice.)

PooBone

Gui_PT said:
I would get one but I have no money at all. I've been working for the last 5 months for free because my college demands that I do that before I can graduate.

And I'd be fine with that if the company were offering me a job after all this, but since I spend my day working instead of kissing some ass, I'm going to end up unemployed. I was going to buy some gaf shirts but I have no money for that now. Gamescom was also in my plans, but forget about that.
Probably will end up not getting CE:A either.

Life sucks sometimes :lol
I did the same thing at the end of my college tenure, worked for free designing ads for a magazine, and when I was done they didn't offer a job, they replaced me with the next intern. Hang in there man it will get better and be worth it in the end. But as far as the $40 you need for CEA, just put pack $3 a week and you'll be fine.

Risen

xxjuicesxx said:
oh my god the more cables i look at the more confused i get lol

Buy an Astro MixAmp... run TOS cable to it, HDMI to montior, phones to MixAmp... and you can mix chat sound... yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Sikamikanico said:
Played some good games with Devo, Risen and others yesterday. More tonight please! :)

Had a blast too Sik... you're good peeps! That and when you betray Brits you get lovely phrases spit at you... which is wonderful in it's own right.

PooBone

Kibbles said:
Just seems like coincidence and it's just a back tunnel behind the base. But it'd be awesome if it was another forge world type map and Waterworks was underneath like Sandbox had the crypt, as they are sayin. :p
mindexploded.gif

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Goddamn, this thread moves faster than the Halo 3 thread did.

Anywho, see you peoples at PAX, I caved and bought plane tickets.

465 cool ones down the drain, but it'll be worth it.

Halogaf, re-assemble!

PooBone

StalkerUKCG said:
GAF donations for CE:A for Gui? Im game if others are.

DonateGAF unite.

I'll donate for GUI. Always been cool to me on here.

EDIT: Sorry for all these consecutive posts, trying to catch up here.

feel

fuck buying Gui CEA, we're now flying him to the main CEA launch party, and having him meet Frankie, Dan and co., drive the weta warthog, etc

Devolution said:

Barrow Roll
Tunavi
Sai Kun
juices
bobs99
Booties
Devin Olsen
Hitmonchan
HydraNockz
Hypertrooper
kyle
Miguelangelos
MrBig
Risen
Robbert
Senador
Dani
Steelyuhas
zerofire
Ram
Nutter
Trasher
vhfive
xenolock
omg.kittens
Gui
Xand
Awesome Barlow
Ghaleon
Ken
Merguson
ncsuDuncan
Sikamikanico
Zeouterlimits

That's the biggest and most despised HaloGAF clique, composed of people who would whore themselves and play with just about anyone in order to make the Reach shitfest more bearable.

Gui_PT

Letters said:
That's the biggest and most despised HaloGAF clique, composed of people who would whore themselves and play with just about anyone in order to make the Reach shitfest more bearable.

Love you too.

Karl2177

Dax01 said:
I wanna know my clique too!
Ooooo me too!

I'm going trough the list later and adding as much as my friends list will hold. Speaking of which, weren't we supposed to get more when Halo 2 went offline?

The Real Napsta said:
If Beaver Creek is a forge map that actually has a good framerate I'm gonna be so pumped.
I doubt Beaver Creek is a Forge canvas. Sure, there are some rocks you can delete, but I don't think it's anything like Forge World.

Besides, if there was a new Forge canvas in CEA wouldn't they want to save it for a big reveal closer to launch?

There are still two maps we haven't seen yet, it's likely we'll see one of them at HaloFest. A new Forge canvas would be fantastic, but if not, the news that the old Forge World will be able to play the Classic ++ gametypes is still comforting.

We could theoretically have a Reach playlist with the following maps:

CEA
Battle Creek
Damnation
Hang 'em High
Timberlands
Mystery Classic Map #1
Mystery Classic Map #2

Reach Vanilla
Reflection
Asylum
Pinnacle
Hemorrhage

Reach Team Classic
Lockout (Eclipse)
Rat Race (Rat Trap)
Wizard (Magus)
Elongation (Prolonged)
Derelict (Dreadnought)
Midship (Prophet)

16 classic maps, assuming the two mystery maps don't overlap with more of these Forge remakes. Of course, a new Forge canvas with a stable framerate would allow for more remakes (and better versions of the above Forge maps). I'd also be happy with some kind of patch/fix for Forge World's framerate (unlikely, but you never know).

Homeboyd

Letters said:
fuck buying Gui CEA, we're now flying him to the main CEA launch party, and having him meet Frankie, Dan and co., drive the weta warthog, etc
IN
I'm in a clique of one.

:(

foreveralone.jpg

ncsuDuncan said:
I doubt Beaver Creek is a Forge canvas. Sure, there are some rocks you can delete, but I don't think it's anything like Forge World.

Besides, if there was a new Forge canvas in CEA wouldn't they want to save it for a big reveal closer to launch?

There are still two maps we haven't seen yet, it's likely we'll see one of them at HaloFest. A new Forge canvas would be fantastic, but if not, the news that the old Forge World will be able to play the Classic ++ gametypes is still comforting.

We could theoretically have a playlist with the following maps:

CEA
Battle Creek
Damnation
Hang 'em High
Timberlands
Mystery Classic Map #1
Mystery Classic Map #2

Reach Vanilla
Reflection
Asylum
Pinnacle
Hemorrhage

Reach Team Classic
Lockout (Eclipse)
Rat Race (Rat Trap)
Wizard (Magus)
Elongation (Prolonged)
Derelict (Dreadnought)
Midship (Prophet)

16 classic maps, assuming the two mystery maps don't overlap with more of these Forge remakes. Of course, a new Forge canvas with a stable framerate would allow for more remakes (and better versions of the above Forge maps). I'd also be happy with some kind of patch/fix for Forge World's framerate (unlikely, but you never know).
Let's hope there's no forge world (the original retail one) in CEA because I don't want to play on forged maps anymore :/

Top Bottom