• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Trasher

OuterWorldVoice said:
Apology accepted.
Vader_Needa.jpg

A27 Tawpgun said:
P.S. Does this mean we get to hear your voice on the stream?

Lol I think my bitching is better left confined to those players I'm with. I bitch A LOT.

And really I'm just having fun riding the ups and downs I'm not truly pissed off AT ALL.

Its hard to explain to my friends and family.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Tashi0106 said:
So what's the difference between using that and your normal old Component/AV/VGA cable? The Xbox won't put out 2 videos signals anyway.
You get hd digital video from the hdmi and analog or digital audio from this adapter. For folks who have optical only receivers, headsets, mini amps etc, and still want to use hdmi for video.

Tashi0106 said:
I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut :lol

They might ban you again :p! This time for sexual harassment :)

After some recent posts that have been made, I realize that the Laser was indeed not such a good idea for the sandbox...

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
OuterWorldVoice said:
You get hd digital video from the hdmi and analog or digital audio from this adapter. For folks who have optical only receivers, headsets, mini amps etc, and still want to use hdmi for video.
I'm not sure you understood my question. I meant, what's the difference between using that dongle for HDMI and optical out and stripping the casing of, in my situation, the VGA cable to use the optical out on that. Stripping the casing so that it fits while the HDMI is plugged in. My setup is the latter, I'm wondering if there are any real advantages or disadvantages to either setup other than the latter being ghetto.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
OuterWorldVoice said:
This.

My TV has 2 HDMI inputs, but for some reason the 5.1 audio doesn't get passed through to the optical out, only stereo.

My ridiculously complicated setup:

Xbox 360 video:
HDMI -> TV

Xbox 360 audio:
optical -> 3-way Switch (my receiver only has one optical in, so I need this to get surround for my PS3 and OG Xbox)
3-way Switch -> Optical Splitter

Splitter 1 -> Surround Sound receiver -> 5.1 room speakers
Splitter 2 -> Creative Extigy Surround Decoder -> Turtle Beach HPA2 Surround Headphones (with mic!)

TV has optical audio to the Switch.
PS3 has HDMI video to TV, optical to Switch.
OG Xbox has Component video and stereo audio to Switch.
Wii has Component video and stereo audio to Switch.
PS2 has Component video and stereo audio to Switch.

The nice thing is that it's all controlled by my Harmony remote, even the 3-way switch (and the PS3, via a Bluetooth IR receiver). I only have to manually turn on the OG Xbox and the PS2, but once they are powered on I have IR control.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just proud of my setup. I can get surround sound from any major source from either my room speakers or my headphones at the touch of one button. It's taken me a while to build up the equipment for that (I use 6 different optical cables, lol).

Tashi0106 said:
I'm not sure you understood my question. I meant, what's the difference between using that dongle for HDMI and optical out and stripping the casing of, in my situation, the VGA cable to use the optical out on that. Stripping the casing so that it fits while the HDMI is plugged in. My setup is the latter, I'm wondering if there are any real advantages or disadvantages to either setup other than the latter being ghetto.
Ah. No difference, from what I can tell. I almost did that myself, but needed to upgrade my 360 anyways and I managed to get one that came with the proper HDMI cables.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Tashi0106 said:
Tidiness, quality - especially the analog stereo, since you are stripping shielding and neatness. And togetherness. But if you successfully carved and didn't expose wires, probably no reason. I absolutely recommend against doing that in the first place because you can wreck your cable or cut yourself. But if you already did it.

ElRenoRaven

A27_StarWolf said:
They might ban you again :p! This time for sexual harassment :)

After some recent posts that have been made, I realize that the Laser was indeed not such a good idea for the sandbox...

And we have another convert. Another has seen the light.

lybertyboy said:
Pretty much every shortcut I took with the jetpack has another path or two that allows the other mobility enhancing AA (sprint) to get from point A to B at just about the same. Plenty of options for maneuverability on that map, with or without armor abilities.

This makes me feel better, are you allowed to comment if this is one of the maps with removable forge pieces that adds more space, flare, zest, spice to the map?

Tashi

Ok. Thanks a bunch. My setup is already a mess so it doesn't make a huge difference. I need a new desk though. It's so unsteady since I modified it to fit my new PC.

lybertyboy

A27_StarWolf said:
This makes me feel better, are you allowed to comment if this is one of the maps with removable forge pieces that adds more space, flare, zest, spice to the map?
Look to the Bulletin and all will be revealed.
..sort of.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
lybertyboy said:
Pretty much every shortcut I took with the jetpack has another path or two that allows the other mobility enhancing AA (sprint) to get from point A to B at just about the same. Plenty of options for maneuverability on that map, with or without armor abilities.
What I'm calling Sprint from now on, mobility enhancer.

lybertyboy

ncsuDuncan said:
Don't let bs angel
sort of
reveal everything. HaloFest is next week.
Never! She even let me sully her text by scribbling out some gibberish about map variants.

Maybe a screenshot or two or 30
per second
are in order as well.

A27_StarWolf said:
Does it always get released on Tuesdays?
Wednesday. Only two have been on a Tuesday (counting the very first one by Frank), the rest have all come on Wednesday.

Tashi0106 said:
So PAX and MLG Raleigh are during the same weekend? Ugh, that sucks.
Yes it does.

I'm going to be in Raleigh this weekend, Seattle the next, then back to Raleigh.

If I had been there during MLG I would have shown up as the Campus Safety cheerleader. Alas.

FyreWulff

I just saw this on Reddit:

QaWgD.jpg

I guess Halo Wars was Ensemble skipping the planned AoE4 and going straight to AoE5 :lol

Even the Covie tech levels in Halo Wars are Ages.

Tashi

ncsuDuncan said:
Wednesday. Only two have been on a Tuesday (counting the very first one by Frank), the rest have all come on Wednesday.

Yes it does.

I'm going to be in Raleigh this weekend, Seattle the next, then back to Raleigh.

If I had been there during MLG I would have shown up as the Campus Safety cheerleader. Alas.
<3 I know you would, I know.

Ramirez said:
lol, what's odd is that I'm pretty sure he doesn't like 99% of the people here, the only time he posts is too get all moral on someone if they differ from his viewpoints, so I'm not sure why he bothers sticking around.
I'm here to keep up on all things Halo, rub elbows with the devs, and have a good time. It just so happens that calling out jerks is a good time. There are a few users that get on my nerves, some I'm indifferent to, and many that I like. We're all here for similar reasons, so that's why I have little tolerance for pompous cliques.

Trasher

HiredN00bs said:
I'm here to keep up on all things Halo, rub elbows with the devs, and have a good time. It just so happens that calling out jerks is a good time. There are a few users that get on my nerves, some I'm indifferent to, and many that I like. We're all here for similar reasons, so that's why I have little tolerance for pompous cliques.
Pompous cliques? Really?

Tashi0106 said:
I'm here to show my skills and increase my E-Penis.
I'm here to make fun of Tashi's weekly montages...oh wait. :p

Fuckin' glitchers in Big Team ruined my winning streak.

HiredN00bs said:

noone-gives-a-fuck-domo.jpg

HiredN00bs said:

Yea well I'm so above it all I'm above being above it. Its a step above you. Its like the Nirvana state of being in HaloGAF.

Cleansed.

Top Bottom