• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

wwm0nkey

Major Williams said:
I need to play with MORE Gaf folks. I believe the only person I have from here on my friends list is Ghaleon.

Who wants to play tonight? I'll be on after 7pm pacific.

Edit: GT: Major WiIIiams (4 i's)
I am up for some Halo at all times of the day you guys just have to invite me XD

GT: wwm0nkey

Tawpgun

MrBig said:
Welp, just found out that there's going to be a server browser for BF3 on 360. If the TU and CEA doesn't have anything I care about I'm done. No reason to play an mp that I don't enjoy, I already only play it every few days since I just don't enjoy the changes that Reach brought.

Any of the BF HaloGAFers going to playing BF3 regularly?
This guy.

P.S. Lets get some reach games going today. Haven't played proper reach games in a while.

Woorloog

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
I am up for some Halo at all times of the day you guys just have to invite me XD

I'll add you, Edit, err, well tried. Full friend list. MS, expand them!
And added Major Williams

I heard that 360 can use USB keyboard for writing messages, true?

PooBone

HiredN00bs said:
I only recently watched Die Hard for the first time, and loved it. I had no idea how much it influence it had on 24, which I also loved.
One of the greatest action movies ever.

PooBone

wwm0nkey said:

Me too. GT: PooBone

I will be checkin out El Shaddai when I get home, but don't let that deter you.

GhaleonEB

PooBone said:
And required viewing for fans of the genre. It became a template and had a huge, lasting impact. It must be interesting going back and seeing it for the first time at this point, seeing the roots of so many subsequent films.

feel

Hypertrooper said:
They showed the Assault Rifle. Unfortunately no sound until the magnum was shown. Argh so awesome.
Coctelmint!! :mad:

How awesome did the 343gs jungle look? Guns and enemy models up to date or still using the Reach placeholder stuff?

edit-
PooBone said:
That kinda answers it

fap fap fap

edit2- wait, that first pic seems oldschool mode, models question still not answered then

Dax01 said:
I wanna know my clique too!

I'm Hufflepuff. No, wait, ER, I mean "Covenant" or something cool and Halo.

Everyone can add me. I'm not a dongblainer or anything, but that just means I won't be able to steal your kills.

PooBone said:
I would argue that it's one of the best movies from any genre ever. Incredibly well written/structured.

GhaleonEB said:
And required viewing for fans of the genre. It became a template and had a huge, lasting impact. It must be interesting going back and seeing it for the first time at this point, seeing the roots of so many subsequent films.
I've never watched it. I bought it on DVD two years ago, and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since.

I tend to do that with movies. I bought "The Darjeeling Limited" and "Margot at the Wedding," and I haven't watched those, either.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I've never watched it. I bought it on DVD two years ago, and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since.

I tend to do that with movies. I bought "The Darjeeling Limited" and "Margot at the Wedding," and I haven't watched those, either.

Um, it's a more important movie than those...

Woorloog

Banned
Bregmann Roche said:
I'm Hufflepuff. No, wait, ER, I mean "Covenant" or something cool and Halo.

Everyone can add me. I'm not a dongblainer or anything, but that just means I won't be able to steal your kills.
I'll add you...
PooBone said:
Me too. GT: PooBone
...and you.
Empyrus will be sending an invite

PooBone

Bregmann Roche said:
I would argue that it's one of the best movies from any genre ever. Incredibly well written/structured.

Best Christmas movie for sure.

argyleoblivious.gif

PooBone said:
Best Christmas movie for sure.

argyleoblivious.gif

Dat cellphone.

Also: Whatever happened to the guy that played Argyle? I loved that guy!

...this is the part when someone from HaloGAF goes all dreamcrusher on me and tells me that he never made another movie and had some sort of tragic drug addiction.

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:

If you don't watch it before, bring it to PAX. Late night movie timez.

PooBone

Bregmann Roche said:
Dat cellphone.

Also: Whatever happened to the guy that played Argyle? I loved that guy!

...this is the part when someone from HaloGAF goes all dreamcrusher on me and tells me that he never made another movie and had some sort of tragic drug addiction.
Car phone Bregmann.... Car phone.

Looks like a few years after Die Hard he stopped being in movies, until 2000 when he showed up in a movie with a small role as a transvestite.

Ball_peen_buster.gif

Thanks for Ram's ability to be in similar predicaments to me. E-tickets are new and unknown to me.
I think I only ever played with Ram and Nutter on customs.

I'll add a bunch of ye in the coming few days but I'll be largely afk for the 3 weeks I'm on holiday. I'm seriously going to miss playing with ye for such a long time. On the bright side, I'll be playing a shit ton more upon my return to my home home.

Louis Wu said:
lol - a challenge just for GAFfers:

Now I have a Machine Gun
Earn 40 kills with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking.

For the sake of Halo honor, will not complete.

MrBig said:
Welp, just found out that there's going to be a server browser for BF3 on 360. If the TU and CEA doesn't have anything I care about I'm done. No reason to play an mp that I don't enjoy, I already only play it every few days since I just don't enjoy the changes that Reach brought.

Any of the BF HaloGAFers going to playing BF3 regularly?

I'm going to be playing an alarming amount.

Tawpgun

thezerofire said:
Should I buy Super Meat Boy today? Or try to find Just Cause 2 used somewhere?

Oh fuck that's tough.

Super Meat Boy will challenge you. Its VERY satisfying to progress in the game. Its a must buy. Hours of challenging and rewarding gameplay.

On the other hand Just Cause 2 Is 400 square miles of the most beautiful playground. You're going to need to go through the story and repetitive missions in order to get cash to fund your shenanigans. Its a fun, cheesy B movie story but once you have money to blow its a fantastic time waster. Always something to do. Look to YouTube for stunt inspiration.

Your choice.

Also, MOAR ANNIV INFO!

is Frankie or Ellis there? Has anyone noticed the Halogaf shirt? ASK A QUESTION ON CLASSIC ++

HiredN00bs said:
I only recently watched Die Hard for the first time, and loved it. I had no idea how much it influence it had on 24, which I also loved.
1988 was one of the best summers for movies ever (Big, Fish Called Wanda, Coming to America, Red Heat, Roger Rabbit, etc.). I remember loving Die Hard so much the first time I saw it that I ditched the girl I was with and sat through the movie again. It was the right choice.

Top Bottom