• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Plywood said:
Not even on the list. wtfisthishit.jpg

No one was supposed to know boo.

Seriously I just knew making that list I'd forget someone. =S.

plywood said:
Earlier I ctrl+f'ed Plywood, today I notice I was on the list(my gamertag was).

Oh well then I retract above. Yeah the list is a weird mix of poster tags and gamertags. It was late.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Get the fuck on my friends list.

Okay more johns.

Zeouterlimits said:
Late but -
I'm here to kill Devo with a terrible grenade bounce and stay quiet when she asks who threw it.
:lol

374083-futurama_fry_lon066.jpg

Letters said:
That's the biggest and most despised HaloGAF clique, composed of people who would whore themselves and play with just about anyone in order to make the Reach shitfest more bearable.

Hey you. Why aren't you on my list. You're missing out on my swear trains.

Homeboyd

ncsuDuncan said:
I'd temper that excitement a bit - I'd be very surprised if 343 is able to add new challenges.
Yeah but if I don't build up my expectations to unbelievably high levels, what will I have to complain about when 343i doesn't deliver?

A27 Tawpgun said:
Oh fuck that's tough.

Super Meat Boy will challenge you. Its VERY satisfying to progress in the game. Its a must buy. Hours of challenging and rewarding gameplay.

On the other hand Just Cause 2 Is 400 square miles of the most beautiful playground. You're going to need to go through the story and repetitive missions in order to get cash to fund your shenanigans. Its a fun, cheesy B movie story but once you have money to blow its a fantastic time waster. Always something to do. Look to YouTube for stunt inspiration.

Your choice.

Also, MOAR ANNIV INFO!

is Frankie or Ellis there? Has anyone noticed the Halogaf shirt? ASK A QUESTION ON CLASSIC ++
I put several hours into the Just Cause 2 demo. The problem is that it still isn't carried for less than $30, and it's not really carried by any game store around here, so I'd have to get it on amazon and it wouldn't be here for a couple days

A27 Tawpgun said:
This guy.

P.S. Lets get some reach games going today. Haven't played proper reach games in a while.

I will be playing as well!

That also goes for Reach Tonight.

Story time:

I was dead lifting during one of my crossfit workouts two weeks ago, and the next day I had this small tender bumb just to the right of my lower abdomen, I thought hernia. However it stoped being tender and got smaller, only to remain for two weeks.

Doctor= WTF is this shit.

So I'm going to see surgeon Monday, and no heavy lifting until then.

what does it all mean?

More Halo.

GhaleonEB said:
You know what I remember from high school? The cliques.

I have yet to see evidence that these are high school exclusive.

Woorloog

Banned
I have to say i dont quite understand you... either my headset is shit or i don't understand spoken English.
*shrug*
Horrible input lag and latency :/

A27 Tawpgun said:
is Frankie or Ellis there?
No, from what I've heard it's just Dan Ayoub and Shishka.

Frankie and Ellis are busy stateside searching all of the couches at 434 Kirkland for the keys to the Weta Warthog. Well, that or planning awesome stuff for HaloFest.

Homeboyd said:
Yeah but if I don't build up my expectations to unbelievably high levels, what will I have to complain about when 343i doesn't deliver?

Just ignore the Classic playlists and continue complaining about Vanilla Reach. "OMG why is there a grav lift instead of a teleporter on Beaver Creek?"

GhaleonEB said:
You know what I remember from high school? The cliques.

Remember when Halo 2 had clans? Halo 4 should, like, totally have cliques. Like, oh my god. For real.

feel

^ ohgosh <3
Devolution said:
Hey you. Why aren't you on my list. You're missing out on my swear trains.
Unlike most of halogaf, I don't have what it takes to play a game I don't enjoy. :(
I used to play alot with gaffers during Halo 3 and the Reach beta, it was awesome, looking forward to resuming that once online Halo is back to being enjoyable for me.

i nerini del buio said:
^clip is rendering right now
edit. done

Cool thanks. That game had so much shady crap including the opposing team getting on top of the map. I've seen similar stuff happen with lag but I ran into this more than once and I was just like "really?"

Homeboyd

Ellis, send me your paypal account information. Tell me a $ amount I can send that would guarantee a new forge map sometime within the next 3 months and I will send it.

GhaleonEB

I'm going to try and buy the HaloGAF shirt from my work internet browser in an attempt to get around the error - only I can't find the thread with the link to the store. Anyone know where it's at?

I don't even know why I subscribed to bungie pro again lol
On my former account I had like 100 minutes and never used them, and then the xbl gold subscription expired and with it the rendering minutes I guess...
Created a new account and purchased bungie pro again. Talking about being stupid eh.

343 no more bungie pro stuff, please. Youtube integration Dirt3-like.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm going to try and buy the HaloGAF shirt from my work internet browser in an attempt to get around the error - only I can't find the thread with the link to the store. Anyone know where it's at?

Sticky: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439537

Discussion thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=439534

Direct link to store.

It was a sticky on the Gaming page, but for some reason isn't there anymore. I guess it was accidentally removed when some of the gaming stickies got taken down.

Tunavi

Banned
Homeboyd said:
Ellis, send me your paypal account information. Tell me a $ amount I can send that would guarantee a new forge map sometime within the next 3 months and I will send it.
Ellis I will double what he pays to have forge maps removed from matchmaking

Letters said:
^ ohgosh <3

Unlike most of halogaf, I don't have what it takes to play a game I don't enjoy. :(
I used to play alot with gaffers during Halo 3 and the Reach beta, it was awesome, looking forward to resuming that once online Halo is back to being enjoyable for me.

Beta (Delta) > Release

Can any and all future maps just have better quality control. Not that I think they should, but if they're going to implement crap like jetpacks, 343 should really think hard about where people are going to take said things. In fact, if they add anything new or even continue the game from a certain point, can they please, for the love of god, factor in the player base that is going to abuse the terrain/objects right off the bat. Will save them major fixes down the line too.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
Thanks.

Well, I tried buying it again, but the site apparantly remembered me from trying to order it last week and is asking for a password (I don't recall setting one up). But my work PC can't access the email account linked to login, so I can't do a reset from here. I need to reset from home and then try again tomorrow from work.

What a mess. I've never had this much trouble trying to order something online before.

Devolution said:
Yeah but I seem to recall movement being better and less stingy requirements for assists.

I thought movement was worse in the Beta. I may be remembering wrong though. There were many folks complaining about movement speed back then. Would they really slow it down even more post-beta?

Cue sagelaugh.gif.

Bregmann Roche said:
I thought movement was worse in the Beta. I may be remembering wrong though. There were many folks complaining about movement speed back then. Would they really slow it down even more post-beta?

Cue sagelaugh.gif.

I could be wrong about movement but it definitely seemed easier to take people out and get assists.

Devolution said:
I could be wrong about movement but it definitely seemed easier to take people out and get assists.
The biggest problem I remember with movement in the beta was the jump height. I remember being incredibly pissed that you couldn't make the jump up from the water to the pro-pipe landing on Powerhouse.

GhaleonEB

Devolution said:
Both jump height and movement speed were increased a bit after the Beta, I find it to be pretty noticable. You couldn't - ever - jump over a charging Ghost in the Beta. Lots of things were improved, but they didn't quite get to where they needed to be.

Tunavi

Banned
The halo 4 beta will most likely have a LOT of glitches and bugs because this will be the first game released by 343. gonna be fun :)

GhaleonEB said:
Both jump height and movement speed were increased a bit after the Beta, I find it to be pretty noticable. You couldn't - ever - jump over a charging Ghost in the Beta. Lots of things were improved, but they didn't quite get to where they needed to be.

Jump height still seems too low, and movement still seems too slow to me. Yeah a big issue with this game is how much damage can be done without even firing a shot.

beta movement and jump were definitely worse, but the game was overall way more fun because of things like the pistol, focus rifle and plasma launcher. Elites were more scary and stronger, dmr actually rewarded pacing.
They just had to fix movement/jump, frags and vehicles. But no, they ended up rendering every weapon dull and near useless... statistics and numbers they say. As if statistics could tell you if a weapon is fun or not lol.
Weapons should be fun to use, not balanced. If a weapon ends up being too powerful, don't nerf it, just make it a power weapon you have to pick up.

Top Bottom