• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Tunavi said:
The halo 4 beta will most likely have a LOT of glitches and bugs because this will be the first game released by 343. gonna be fun :)

This just made me imagine the return of the Chopper for one reason or another, but the chopper getting the revenant glitch where it just decides to travel one direction at insane speeds.

Do want.

Tawpgun

ncsuDuncan said:
No, from what I've heard it's just Dan Ayoub and Shishka.

Frankie and Ellis are busy stateside searching all of the couches at 434 Kirkland for the keys to the Weta Warthog. Well, that or planning awesome stuff for HaloFest.

More like busy not answering my questions about the machinima contest.

I'm sure they're busy with their projects and Halofest, but IGN is suppose to give the 5 finalists PAX tickets. I'd just like an update on it

stephen08

In light of today's challenge where does the AR rank among your most used weapons?

For me it's #12. I pretty much never use it unless there is a challenge tied to it.

MrBig said:
The Reach beta had so many problems.

Better Magnum, and DMR recoil which worked awesome. Miss the beta DMR so much.. I had no issues with headshots either. Chin music?

Assists also worked great.. I'm assist machine and it hardly get my credit these days.

I loved 1 flag on Sword base. I had that shit down to a science.

stephen08 said:
In light of today's challenge where does the AR rank among your most used weapons?

For me it's #12. I pretty much never use it unless there is a challenge tied to it.

H7RrM.png

Yeah I play dirty.

Tunavi

Banned
the tunnels on beaver creek look awesome though. very interesting. and they wont be in classic, so its all good

and please no discussing the terminals without spoiler tags. I'm going dark on the terminals.

Woorloog

Banned
Tunavi said:
the tunnels on beaver creek look awesome though. very interesting.

and please no discussing the terminals without spoiler tags. I'm going dark on the terminals.
Same. That sneak peak was enough for me.

Tunavi said:
the tunnels on beaver creek look awesome though. very interesting.

As much as I hate the look of forge if it worked right I wouldn't care. So the same logic applies, these maps could be beautiful but if they play wrong or have additional crap that break 'em, I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

Tunavi

Banned
Devolution said:
As much as I hate the look of forge if it worked right I wouldn't care. So the same logic applies, these maps could be beautiful but if they play wrong or have additional crap that break 'em, I'll be thoroughly disappointed.
I'm not just talking visually, I'm talking in terms of gameplay as well. And they wont be in classic, bro

edit: just realized that the sword/shotty combination is going to make this map a god damn campground.

Tunavi said:
Not liking the sword/shotgun on beaver creek.
It's a bit ridiculous to have shotguns, sword, Rocket Launcher and a Sniper Rifle on such a small map. I really hope this changes. I am kind of liking the extra caves, though.

Terminal spoiler:
It was a really great 1-flag and assault map in Halo 2. Watch out for the train.

Devolution said:
Ditto.

Not sure I like the cave addition either. If it ain't broke comes to mind.

Yeah, I know the saying:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it for the Classic variant."

It seems 343 has heeded that advice. And for all we know the Reach variant was broken until they added those caves.

I like them, I think moving the teleporters further back will push more combat to the center of the map. The extra caves give us extra cover and could provide for some interesting new encounters.

squidhands said:
It's a bit ridiculous to have shotguns, sword, Rocket Launcher and a Sniper Rifle on such a small map. I really hope this changes. I am kind of liking the extra caves, though.
It's quite possible the map variants in these public demos have been sprinkled with extra power weapons for the unskilled masses/media.

Just look at how terrible the people are in that shotgun video. They aren't going to have as much fun with normal DMR battles as us Walshy-level pros.

I think the new Beaver Creek looks like it would be pretty fun for CTF matches. The new areas and ways to get around are going to make it interesting.

I'm optimistic about the tunnels on Beaver Creek and whatever "extras" 343 have put into the CEA maps as long as there is always the option to turn those extras off/cut them out of the map.

These maps are all going to play differently than their original versions. Even if you tweak the sandbox and all the game-play settings to be as close to Halo: CE/2 as possible, there is still the fact that the community has changed. The population at large plays better/differently now than it did during the Halo: CE LAN days.

In other words: I have seen the enemy and they are US!!!!!

Striker

Shotgun is fine if it's in its natural spot. More excited for the Classic variant, anyhow.

-Yeti said:
I think the new Beaver Creek looks like it would be pretty fun for CTF matches. The new areas and ways to get around are going to make it interesting.
Yeah I'm pumped to play 3 Flag or CTF Slayer.

Maybe 343 rids of that junk.

Kuroyume

Banned
You guys think it they'll have Evade on Beaver Creek? I can already tell it's going to be a nightmare with the shotgun and sword if it's on there.

A27_StarWolf said:
You could evade across the map...

Best FPS experience on a console out there.

I'm sure there will be some mutant version of Beaver Creek where Evade, Armor Lock, and Jet Packs are used to their fullest and most broken extent.

Bregmann Roche said:
Best FPS experience on a console out there.

I'm sure there will be some mutant version of Beaver Creek where Evade, Armor Lock, and Jet Packs are used to their fullest and most broken extent.

Watch your tongue!

When I was a junior the other members told me stories about how when they were juniors the members then would hate on them.

So be careful!

lybertyboy said:
Now the map evades you.

The player model does not move, the map just moves instead simulating walking.

I knew it.

A27_StarWolf said:
Watch your tongue!

When I was a junior the other members told me stories about how when they were juniors the members then would hate on them.

So be careful!

Oh I've heard the stories. Pretty soon though I'll have the protection of whatever HaloGAF clique adopts me. I've got my fingers crossed that it'll be the "pretends to be dangerous and rebellious, but is actually a bunch of upper-middleclass posers" clique. That was my favorite in High School.

Devolution said:
Honestly guys when I see a shotty like that and underground caves I just think Snowbound =/.
Would be better than Boneyard. Even for BTB, you'd have fewer bad spawns.

Striker

-Yeti said:
Ewww gross. I was talking more like classic Multi-Flag or 1-Flag.
I was thinking 2 flag, 2 bomb, and Neutral Bomb.

Devolution said:
Honestly guys when I see a shotty like that and underground caves I just think Snowbound =/.
At least there's no shield doors. If 343 can wipe away Evade from Spartans in MM I'll be happy, but I fear that doesn't happen any time within the next several months.

Yeti, Shotgun does belong on the map. Just not in each base or multiple's on the map.

Letters said:
fixed

Fyrewulf: INSURMOUNTABLE

oh, nevermind then

I'm telling you: if this TU doesn't deliver then FyreWulff's vengeance will be fiery and horrific.

Edit:
Dax01 said:
I thought you were talking about one of the Terminals in Anniversary. :(
"We exist together now. Two corpses in one train".

Metroidvania said:
Goddamn, this thread moves faster than the Halo 3 thread did.

Anywho, see you peoples at PAX, I caved and bought plane tickets.

465 cool ones down the drain, but it'll be worth it.

Halogaf, re-assemble!
Awesome dude!!! looks like we are just missing Trasher, Bennett, and Dirty for the PAX 08 reunion tour!
Edit:
Blublur1 too although I an not sure how much he posts around here anymore.

Striker said:

At least there's no shield doors. If 343 can wipe away Evade from Spartans in MM I'll be happy, but I fear that doesn't happen any time within the next several months.

Yeti, Shotgun does belong on the map. Just not in each base or multiple's on the map.

They took the shield doors out and it was still crappy.

xxjuicesxx said:

Aint Our Day Bro

I know it's been said a great many times, but the new Beaver Creek looks so fucking good. Certain Affinity have some great artists. I am always impressed by the work they put forward.

Also, they must really love the mesh painting features of the Halo Engine. Those walls of beaver creek are covered with all kinds of mosses, smooth stone, and jagged rocky textures. The same things go for the ground. It really is one of the best looking environments I've ever seen in a game before. I say that without even seeing it on my own TV too.

Striker said:

Oh yeah, I forgot there was a Shotgun on Beaver Creek. If they put it in the same place as it was it would be fine, but I had no idea they are putting a Shotgun in each base. o_O

That just seems crazy.

ncsuDuncan said:
Terminal spoiler:
It was a really great 1-flag and assault map in Halo 2. Watch out for the train.
I lol'd. Also, I hadn't even watched the video yet and I couldn't resist highlighting the spoiler.

Anybody else notice the rainbow in Beaver Creek? Leprechaun Easter Egg confirmed? I want dat gold.

Syracuse022 said:
I lol'd. Also, I hadn't even watched the video yet and I couldn't resist highlighting the spoiler.

Anybody else notice the rainbow in Beaver Creek? Leprechaun Easter Egg confirmed? I want dat gold.
Holy crap, that map is beautiful!

Ramirez

Captain Blood said:
Awesome dude!!! looks like we are just missing Trasher, Bennett, and Dirty for the PAX 08 reunion tour!
Edit:
Blublur1 too although I an not sure how much he posts around here anymore.

Unless Trasher was playing with my heart, he said he was going last night. Has a plane ticket, but no PAX tickets and no where to stay, lol.

Man, that Beaver Creek shot just reminds me of why I fell in love with Halo. Minimal map design with tons of ways to get around, and built for the greatest core gametypes like Multi Flag.

*sogood.gif*

Ramirez said:
Unless Trasher was playing with my heart, he said he was going last night. Has a plane ticket, but no PAX tickets and no where to stay, lol.
I still have a Friday badge and a Sunday badge for sale at face value. Metroidvania has first dibs since he messaged me a few days ago and I only just got back to him, but if he doesn't need a badge anymore Trasher is welcome to them.

blamite

Syracuse022 said:

It's official, this Beaver Creek is now 20% cooler than the original.

Top Bottom