• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Devin Olsen said:
Greetings from Space! Err the beach

zpQbul.jpg

Camping in penticton right now, doing my best to keep up to this monster thread. CEA looks great, cannot wait for HaloFest!

Wait, Penticton? You're from Vancouver?

Kuroyume

Banned
Zee-V70 said:
Way behind on this, but what if Waterworks is a new canvas? Completely cleared out, it's a massive empty cavern, with forgeable stalactites, the middle area (including that weird forerunner hammer/pump thing at the top of the map) is removed and the water's covered up with some smoother organic terrain, etc.

That's a terrible idea.

If Waterworks ever shows up in another Halo game it has to be pixel perfect with gameplay as close to H2 as possible. Not an excuse for some half assed Forgeworld crap.

Tunavi said:
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I think I'm actually liking the additions/changes to Beaver Creek. I just hope to god that those weapons are the not the final weapon set/spawn locations.

It looks absolutely incredible as well. I don't think there has been a better looking map.

BackdoorBeauty said:
Better Magnum, and DMR recoil which worked awesome. Miss the beta DMR so much.. I had no issues with headshots either. Chin music?

Assists also worked great.. I'm assist machine and it hardly get my credit these days.

I loved 1 flag on Sword base. I had that shit down to a science.

The DMR had less auto-aim as well, so you couldn't shoot through the bloom as much as you can in the final game. I'm also pretty damn sure that the hitboxes are significantly larger in the final game.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It seems like every Beaver Creek video I've seen, the player is using shotty. Why did they replace the BR/DMR in the bases?

edit: Boiiinnnnnnggggggg

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Tashi0106 said:
It seems like every Beaver Creek video I've seen, the player is using shotty. Why did they replace the BR/DMR in the bases?

edit: Boiiinnnnnnggggggg
That's why we have two variants of each map. :)

GhaleonEB

Notice what happens at 4:30, when the guy armor locks. A grenade goes off, and the juice left in the armor lock drops in half with the explosion.

I have goosebumps right now. Actual goosebumps.

GhaleonEB said:
Starting at 4:10, the DMR reticule is clearly NOT expanding with each shot fired. It's been un-bloomed. (Deflowered?)

megaton

What about the pistol?

And are these changes going to be game wide, or just for the Halo CE playlists?

Kuroyume

Banned
I have no space on my HDD for the 8gb patch to remove the bloom.

Also, very annoying to see him pull the pistol out but never use it. WTF

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
343 just won over 99% of HaloGAF in one video huh? Well done.

So bloom is now optional, is rate of fire adjustable or locked? It seems like shields don't need to be popped to kill with a gun or with a melee either. Any comments on the DMR in mid-long range scenarios without bloom?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Kuroyume said:
I have no space on my HDD for the 8gb patch to remove the bloom.

Also, very annoying to see him pull the pistol out but never use it. WTF

Mercy rule bro.

What you just saw is an appetizer, the main course is reserved for Halo Fest. :)

Havok

The Antitype said:
What about the pistol?

And are these changes going to be game wide, or just for the Halo CE playlists?
There were jetpacks, if that tells you anything.

Also, melee bleed-through.

Liking what I'm seeing so far.

FyreWulff

Tunavi said:
SUCK IT FYREWULFF

... there's nothing to prevent them from making a bloomless DMR that exists in the new .maps only. You've always been able to add new weapons to new maps. See also: Sandbox golf club.

You can call victory when it's being demonstrated on disc maps. And a person actually spawns with a bloomless DMR instead of having to pick one up.

And it fires at the same rate, which means if they did make that the new global DMR, there is now no point in ever picking up another weapon and Hemorrhage might as well be deleted from matchmaking because it's going to even be more of a killing field :/

I'm behind, so I don't know if this has been addressed.

Are these changes for customs?

For the Halo CE playlists?

Or is there a giant update coming out with HCEA that will make these changes across ALL playlists in Halo Reach?

I don't really care about Bloom one way or the other, but it would be good to know if this is something we'll have to get used to across every game type, or just select ones.

Havok said:
There were jetpacks, if that tells you anything.

Also, melee bleed-through.

Liking what I'm seeing so far.

Not really, cause we had seen the armor abilities in the HCEA remake maps before.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
Notice what happens at 4:30, when the guy armor locks. A grenade goes off, and the juice left in the armor lock drops in half with the explosion.

I have goosebumps right now. Actual goosebumps.

Bloom gone? Armour Lock nerf? Soo good. So, Damm. Good.

Havok

Just finished the whole video.

Looked consistent. I like it.

The bulletin mentioned Beaver Creek having opposing OS and Camo, both in the creek. But Battle Creek's overshield spawned behind blue base, and Beaver Creek just had overshield in creek, no camo at all. A little confused here. I see the part where it says it's a hybrid, but this leaves me curious as to where the shotty spawns. Hopefully not in the base, right? Right? Please?

xxjuicesxx said:

That was my first reaction also :lol

EDIT: One thing I also should note: Grenade power falloff is pretty big now. Starting at around 5:15 he lives through 2 grenade explosions in his general area, which would have killed him in vanilla reach. Shields also recharge quicker now, too.

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:
... there's nothing to prevent them from making a bloomless DMR that exists in the new .maps only. You've always been able to add new weapons to new maps. See also: Sandbox golf club.

You can call victory when it's being demonstrated on disc maps. And a person actually spawns with a bloomless DMR instead of having to pick one up.

And it fires at the same rate, which means if they did make that the new global DMR, there is now no point in ever picking up another weapon and Hemorrhage might as well be deleted from matchmaking because it's going to even be more of a killing field :/
Frankie has confirmed that all gameplay changes from the TU will be featured across all maps.

I need to go watch the video again, but did he ever zoom with the DMR? I wonder how the accuracy is at range, and whether the scope was reduced to 2x to accomodate. That would help larger maps.

-Yeti said:
Wait, what armor lock change?
Starting at 4:30, look at the charge meter when the grenade goes off when he's in armor lock.

lybertyboy said:
Mercy rule bro.

What you just saw is an appetizer, the main course is reserved for Halo Fest. :)

Scarabs in forge with guns that shoot choppers?

Devolution said:
Did they also bump up movement a bit? Seems a bit more agile might be just me though.

Seeing things.... or the truth ? hmmmm

Wait, so it's confirmed that there's a title update coming?

WHAT HAVE I MISSED?!

Honestly though, if the DMR is bloomless across all playlists... how is it NOT going to dominate the entire game even more so than the BR did Halo 2 and Halo 3? :(

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:
Frankie has confirmed that all gameplay changes from the TU will be featured across all maps.

I need to go watch the video again, but did he ever zoom with the DMR? I wonder how the accuracy is at range, and whether the scope was reduced to 2x to accomodate. That would help larger maps.

He said most features, and it won't matter if they nerf the scope, there is no point to picking up any other weapon if this is the new global DMR, and they just threw the Reach LAN community under a bus for the sake of pleasing a minority. You won't need to zoom when the aim assist unscoped is good enough. This is just the Halo 2 BR all over again.

As it is, everything in this video was doable under the Halo 2 and Halo 3 setups. Once again, I'll wait for a bloomless DMR video on Spire before calling anything either way.

Even the armor lock change (which I like) was doable since the host determines how much AL juice you have left, that's not client-side.

A27_StarWolf said:
Seeing things.... or the truth ? hmmmm

Yeah I honestly can't tell. I hope it's true simply because it would be an improvement though.

The Antitype said:
Honestly though, if the DMR is bloomless across all playlists... how is it NOT going to dominate the entire game even more so than the BR did Halo 2 and Halo 3? :(

By letting people continue to be AR heroes of course.

Top Bottom