• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Homeboyd

What are the chances Bungie had plans to make some of these changes before passing the torch over to 343, but instead wanted to make 343 seem like the white knights of Halo when they assumed control and let them do it?

They are nice guys ya know. Maybe it was part of the deal.

Tawpgun

Played Neutral Bomb Condemned. Waped the shit out of a team. Game lasted like 3 minutes.

We decimated them. And got 200-300 credits.

Can we prolong the games please? or fix this system?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nutter said:
Really?

I swear I read it somewhere, hell it could have been here, that it had 110% damage?

If I'm wrong then well i'm wrong. But I guess Tashi just does not want to change and ADAPT :p
Run speed is 110% I believe, maybe that's where you got confused. Lol oh and if need be, I'll adapt and I'll still dominate you nutter :p

FyreWulff

lybertyboy said:
That's awesome. We'll try to make them worth it. :)

I take achievement names literally.

Also kind of gives me an idea of the scale to think that someone starting to play Reach right now would have to take an entire year just to catch up to me in weekly count.

I should do a writeup on my opinions of all 52 weeklies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Homeboyd said:
What are the chances Bungie had plans to make some of these changes before passing the torch over to 343, but instead wanted to make 343 seem like the white knights of Halo when they assumed control and let them do it?

The thought had actually crossed my mind too.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Homeboyd said:

I can't speak to the plans that Bungie may or may not have had internally. However, for better and worse the TU was done 100% in house at 343i.

Nutter

Tashi0106 said:
Wait, you guys should just wait until the update comes out to play. Reach sucks! amirite
Did you not hear?

Mr. MikeDongBlain himself is getting online to show these scrubs how its done with
out
Bloom.

Tashi

Nutter said:
Did you not hear?

Mr. MikeDongBlain himself is getting online to show these scrubs how its done with
out
Bloom.

What?! How much for lessons? I'll pay 1600msp to be on ur list

edit: there you go letters lol

edit 2: http://www.twitch.tv/tashiii

Stream is up. Giving lessons on how to master bloom

Homeboyd

lybertyboy said:
I can't speak to the plans that Bungie may or may not have had internally. However, for better and worse the TU was done 100% in house at 343i.
Oh I didn't mean they did some of the work and just handed it over... Just wondering what (if anything) they had planned to tweak Reach's MP.

Are changes limited to MP? Or.. more expansive?

gafXclusive

I just want to say, I know Tashi loves bloom. But I am totally jazzed at having the option to turn it off. The BR was good from 2004-2010, there was no reason to change it, other than for the sake of change.

So, for 343, I say:

yjjKk.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna play with Franklez! Will it really be the no bloom variant? :O

I have to get some stuff done, but I'll be on around 9:45 Best Coast Time.

feel

Tashi0106 said:
I joked why people were playing Reach before the update comes out and you're playing Halo 3.
oh, I get it hehe

But I'm not a good example since I usually play Halo 3 instead of reach

ElRenoRaven

PooBone said:
Might be old but did you guys see this? This is the presentation Hyper was at today.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_halo_combat_evolved_anniversary_gc_ms_presentation-22920_en.html

EDIT: Oh man 343GS looks sick!

EDIT 2: I get cold chills when I see the forerunner interiors. Man oh man that is what I'm talkin about!

First terminal looks sweet too! I wonder what John 117's personal significance is to Guilty Spark.

Oh yea. I have to go clean up without a doubt now.

Kibbles

PooBone said:
Might be old but did you guys see this? This is the presentation Hyper was at today.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_halo_combat_evolved_anniversary_gc_ms_presentation-22920_en.html

EDIT: Oh man 343GS looks sick!

EDIT 2: I get cold chills when I see the forerunner interiors. Man oh man that is what I'm talkin about!

First terminal looks sweet too! I wonder what John 117's personal significance is to Guilty Spark.
Soo good :) Shame the sound wasn't working when the AR was being used.

Awww sheeeeeet. Looks like I'm gonna have to get another copy of Reach ;) Seriously, I'd be lying if I said my hype meter wasn't sky rocketing right now.
lybertyboy said:
Mercy rule bro.

What you just saw is an appetizer, the main course is reserved for Halo Fest. :)
How is this possible???????????????????????????????

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
I don't follow. Crackdown has replay value. Oblivion has replay value. WoW has replay value (right?). Replay value is not limited to linear games.
As opposed to an open ended and continuously forward moving universe. In that sense I am lopping RPGs into the linear category because the universe is not continuous. I don't have any knowledge of WoW.

Tashi

Looks like there's nothing going on. If there's update Reach being played and people want it stream, let me know I guess.

Top Bottom