• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Farooq

Banned
Just saw the video.

I am willing to come back to Reach and give it another chance.

There are things I am still worried about. I think Devolution touched upon the movement, and I tend to agree. At times it can feel slow and sluggish. The movement of the spartan should be a lot more fluid and less stiff.

Another minor gripe I have is the animation time of the melee. I remember listening to a podcast where Bungie was describing the thought process of the no bleed through, they mentioned how they extended the melee animation by half a second and I feel that adds to the sluggish/stiff feeling you get while playing Reach. This gripe I have may be minor and 343i probably won't do anything about it, but I still feel like voicing it as a concern.

The melee animation time makes a big difference in close quarter situations and when facing multiple opponents. I had gripes with the Halo 3 melee system (massive lunge, auto aim, trading etc...) but the melee animation was very fluid and it did not feel like you were waiting forever to see the melee animation end.

However I must say, it is a good thing to see the Big 3 be dealt with, and that should be 343's priorities. But a lot more does goes into what makes Halo a great formula for fps, and fluid movement is one of those things.

I do have other concerns about the formula that Bungie changed, for example why did Bungie feel the need to change the grenade arc and the way it behaves? And that is not even talking about the damage, which I also hope gets tweaked...again. But I will leave that for another post.

Can't wait to play the CE:A TO Classic playlist. One flag on Damnation and Hang Them High? Hell yeah. CTF on Beaver Creek are going to be a lot of fun. When I played Battle Canyon yesterday, I had a lot of fun in a Slayer game. Small maps are the real fun in Rumble Pit <3.

lybertyboy played with HaloGAF dudes today. I'm jealous.

Give the reticle a chance to reset is what I'm saying. This will maximize your chance of landing a killing bullet successfully.

Good luck and happy gaming!

The Antitype said:
LMAO, if the DMR is a no-bloom 4-shot kill, they've basically broken the game.

I agree with the MLG guy that said it's a skill to know when and where to take the DMR out of it's mid-range element with timed shots and revert to spamming, and when to use positioning and awareness to control the battle and take the luck of spamming out of the equation.

I like the player choice that bloom provides, in that regard.

But hell, I played Halo without bloom for 10 years, so I don't think going back should be too much of an issue.

Seriously? Did you watch the video?

At least twice you see a clear 4 shot for shields, 1 for headshot. 5 Shots, like normal.
Once at 4:15, and again at 4:50.

As for the skill/bloom/DMR side of things - the fact is, no matter how good you are with it, how good your positioning and awareness is, or how well you manage the DMR's pacing at a variety of ranges - there are still two major issues with bloom.

1. Connection - regardless of skill gap, bloom now adds a layer of connection issues etc. Obviously at the hardcore level, LAN is the obvious route and a good fix - but for the vast majority of players it can feel like they're fighting a losing battle with their own gun.

2. Luck - No matter how great you are choosing when and how to use the DMR - some douche can spam every shot and get a lucky kill. It's somewhat mitigated at mid-range and when team-shotting, but it remains regardless.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Farooq said:
Just saw the video.

I am willing to come back to Reach and give it another chance.

There are things I am still worried about. I think Devolution touched upon the movement, and I tend to agree. At times it can feel slow and sluggish. The movement of the spartan should be a lot more fluid and less stiff.

Another minor gripe I have is the animation time of the melee. I remember listening to a podcast where Bungie was describing the thought process of the no bleed through, they mentioned how they extended the melee animation by half a second and I feel that adds to the sluggish/stiff feeling you get while playing Reach. This gripe I have may be minor and 343i probably won't do anything about it, but I still feel like voicing it as a concern.

The melee animation time makes a big difference in close quarter situations and when facing multiple opponents. I had gripes with the Halo 3 melee system (massive lunge, auto aim, trading etc...) but the melee animation was very fluid and it did not feel like you were waiting forever to see the melee animation end.

However I must say, it is a good thing to see the Big 3 be dealt with, and that should be 343's priorities. But a lot more does goes into what makes Halo a great formula for fps, and fluid movement is one of those things.

I do have other concerns about the formula that Bungie changed, for example why did Bungie feel the need to change the grenade arc and the way it behaves? And that is not even talking about the damage, which I also hope gets tweaked...again. But I will leave that for another post.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are other folks in your position. The TU is certainly addressing some of the big ticket issues that players have been very vocal about but it won't be a magical cure-all that makes everyone happy and fixes everyone's problems. I really hope it allows some folks to give Reach a second chance, particularly in light of the stiff competition it has from some other great games.

Going into Halo Fest and celebrating Halo's ten years, 343 have managed to generated a tremendous amount of goodwill from the fan base by making some smart decisions. They're not perfect, and they can't please everyone (Halo CE Multiplayer die-hard fans for example) but it's obvious that Halo is in good hands.

Yesterday was a great day to be a Halo fan. Hopefully tomorrow will be too.

Farooq

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
You guys know to pace your shots, right?

Inconsistent gameplay = frustrating gameplay. Battles should not be decided by a roll of the dice, and if Bungie wants to balance the sandbox, this poor implementation of bloom was not the way to go.

Farooq said:
Inconsistent gameplay = frustrating gameplay. Battles should not be decided by a roll of the dice, and if Bungie wants to balance the sandbox this poorly implemented bloom was not the way to go.
I know what you mean by 'inconsistent', but it's best to pace your shots evenly so inconsistency doesn't have a chance to arise. If you learn the rhythm of the DMR, then consistency will follow, my friend.

Stripper13 said:
That's the problem.
What, that it takes skill to take your chances in this game? You think all of the MLG pros just 'get lucky'? LOL, give me a break.

Gui_PT

Sorry for asking about this but someone mentioned something about the TU and I didn't have a chance to reply.

How will the TU work in terms of HDD space? Will it replace previously existing information, thus not taking up a lot of space or will it take upp 5.9GB(yes, I know it's not literally 5,9GB =P)

Farooq

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
I know what you mean by 'inconsistent', but it's best to pace your shots evenly so inconsistency doesn't have a chance to arise. If you learn the rhythm of the DMR, then consistency will follow, my friend.

That doesn't account for what my opponent is doing, which may be taking his chances by firing as fast as he can and winning the battle.

I'd rather have battles decided based on who had the better aim, strafe etc... than by randomness of the bloom.

Woorloog

Banned
Phew that was a lot of posts.
<-New avatar by the way.

Okay, what i should start with...

Bloomless DMR. Yay! *Hemorrhage pops in mind* NOOO!
Seriously, it's more yay than noo. I just fear it will become a weapon that dominates the game completly outside power weapons like Halo CE pistol (or Halo 2 BR, at least in our splitscreen games, with map packs and patch). Niche weapons should stay useful and working in their niches. I mostly use DMR but still, i like to use other weapons as well.. as long as they're useful. Stuff like plasma repeater which is useless unless the target is shieldless... *sigh*. (I mean, i headshot shieldless targets, why bother with plasma repeater?)

What about movement? Will strafing actually work now? We need to be more agile to fight bloomless DMR more effectively.

Armor Lock nerf is big YAY!

Will this stuff work in Firefight (and ideally in Campaign but i suppose that's too much to hope for)?

WHAT ABOUT VEHICLES! Will the current fucked up health system stay or will we get Halo 3 system back? (And fix the Hog physics!) Reach Warthog with Halo 3 health, that'd be great. Halo 3 Hog was a tad OP at times.
And fix the Gauss Hog and bring it to matchmaking!

Yay at 'nade nerf.

Yay at apparent (melee) bleedthrough (I hope this does not apply to DMR however, 4 shot DMR would be too much without bloom)

Umm... yeah, i know. Most of these will be answered at Halo Fest, i hope. Someone should ask.

EDIT BTW, is it me or did the AR seem a tad more accurate in the video? Or am i imagining? Anyway, somehow the video looked fun. Reach's been always fun to watch IMO, unlike Halo 3 (or earlier ones). Dunno why.

EDIT Bloom does not work. I pace, the enemy paces and wins because he was host. I pace, the enemy spams and wins with luck. I spam, i lose due bad luck. I know the fucking weapon. I've used it for months now. I've learned everything about it there's to learn. Fuck it.

The Antitype said:
LMAO, if the DMR is a no-bloom 4-shot kill, they've basically broken the game.
The Antitype said:
But hell, I played Halo without bloom for 10 years, so I don't think going back should be too much of an issue.
^Were you not a fan of the pistol in CE? Those two statements almost can't be said next to each other.

I think people are overreacting to the idea of having no bloom on the DMR.
1) Reach will still have playlists with the original settings to appease the bloom
-eccentric
. The exception possibly being MLG (and that's assuming MLG adopts the new settings).
2) Not everything has been revealed, and it's just as likely that 343i will add some counter measures to balance the no-bloom DMR.
3) The CE Pistol was not broken. Therefore, all bloomless-DMR-is-gonna-be-OP arguments are invalid ;)

I'd rather 343i go ahead with the new changes. If it turns out to be a mess, players can always fall back on original settings or 343i can even make adjustments post TU.

Gui_PT said:
Sorry for asking about this but someone mentioned something about the TU and I didn't have a chance to reply.

How will the TU work in terms of HDD space? Will it replace previously existing information, thus not taking up a lot of space or will it take upp 5.9GB(yes, I know it's not literally 5,9GB =P)

Frankie said it was a small update, so I'd say it's less than a 100MB if I were to guess.

Farooq said:
That doesn't account for what my opponent is doing, which may be taking his chances by firing as fast as he can and winning the battle.

I'd rather have battles decided based on who had the better aim, strafe etc... than by randomness of the bloom.
ROFLMAO! If your opponent fires "as fast as he can", he will miss every shot because of the bloom. That's the beauty of the system.

If you are calm and patient and learn the nuances of the game, you will improve and start to win your DMR duels. Hit me up if you need any more tips.

FyreWulff

Gui_PT said:

We have no idea which 360 SDK Reach was compiled with. If it was an older one, the limit is 4MB (and goes to the system partition, which auto-drops older TUs). If it was compiled with the newer one that Rock Band 3 and so on were, where they can have permanent TUs of any size, well then it's probably going to be like 7 terabytes. They're going to have to include .maps for every language and model of 360 for maximum compatibility and frankie.map which will contain every picture of frankie ever taken so people can use the textures on Forge World for their Frankie fanart as a reference.

Seriously though, if it's compiled with the new permanent TU stuff then I wouldn't say > 10-15MB

Woorloog

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
ROFLMAO! If your opponent fires "as fast as he can", he will miss every shot because of the bloom. That's the beauty of the system.
ROFLMAO@your belief this is how Reach works. Spamming makes the game dice rolling. He doesn't miss everything. All he needs is one lucky shot which is more than likely to happen, if my experience with Reach (day1-to this day) is any indicator.

EDIT BTW, i pace DMR too often. I lose a lot of duels due to the enemy spamming

Dani said:
I wouldn't be surprised if there are other folks in your position. The TU is certainly addressing some of the big ticket issues that players have been very vocal about but it won't be a magical cure-all that makes everyone happy and fixes everyone's problems. I really hope it allows some folks to give Reach a second chance, particularly in light of the stiff competition it has from some other great games.

Going into Halo Fest and celebrating Halo's ten years, 343 have managed to generate a tremendous amount of goodwill from the fan base by making some smart decisions. They're not perfect, and they can't please everyone (Halo CE Multiplayer die-hard fans for example) but it's obvious that Halo in good hands.

Yesterday was a great day to be a Halo fan. Hopefully tomorrow will be too.
Very much so, Dani. I always feel like I quote you to start some huge rant, even if it's unintentional. So I wanted to quote you this time and agree. I'm very excited to see how this TU plays itself out.

Gui_PT

Sikamikanico said:
Frankie said it was a small update, so I'd say it's less than a 100MB if I were to guess.

FyreWulff said:
We have no idea which 360 SDK Reach was compiled with. If it was an older one, the limit is 4MB (and goes to the system partition, which auto-drops older TUs). If it was compiled with the newer one that Rock Band 3 and so on were, where they can have permanent TUs of any size, well then it's probably going to be like 7 terabytes. They're going to have to include .maps for every language and model of 360 for maximum compatibility and frankie.map which will contain every picture of frankie ever taken so people can use the textures on Forge World for their Frankie fanart as a reference.

Seriously though, if it's compiled with the new permanent TU stuff then I wouldn't say > 10-15MB

Thank you.

Farooq

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
^Were you not a fan of the pistol in CE?

I think people are overreacting to the idea of having no bloom on the DMR.
1) Reach will still have playlists with the original settings to appease the bloom
-eccentric
. The exception possibly being MLG (and that's assuming MLG adopts the new settings).
2) Not everything has been revealed, and it's just as likely that 343i will add some counter measures to balance the no-bloom DMR.
3) The CE Pistol was not broken. Therefore, all bloomless-DMR-is-gonna-be-OP arguments are invalid ;)

I'd rather 343i go ahead with the new changes. If it turns out to be a mess, players can always fall back on original settings or 343i can even make adjustments post TU.

It was beautiful in all it's glory. I don't understand what's wrong with having a utility weapon that is consistent and extremely useful. Because it deters you from using other weapons?

If I had my way, I would streamline the sandbox.

In Reach, as well as in Halo 3, you had too many weapons with overlapping roles (mostly CQB weapons). I think the way Bungie designed the sandbox, they felt they had no choice but to impose nerfs on the utility weapons. Nerfs that really hamper gameplay.

In the case of Halo 3, the nerf was the random spread on the BR. In Reach we got bloom. A consistent and useful utility weapon is not too much to ask for, and a more streamlined sand box is not a bad thing.

Shake Appeal said:

If you are calm and patient and learn the nuances of the game, you will improve and start to win your DMR duels. Hit me up if you need any more tips.

That's ridiculous.

You do realize that in all probability an opponent will not miss every shot if he fires as fast as he can. In fact, given the aim assist and a sensible sensitivity, even a mediocre player is likely to land a few shots on you.

I suspect you're trolling anyway. My DMR skills, IMO, are pretty fucking nice - and I am frequently annoyed by bloom, more often than not with the Needle Rifle and pistol as opposed to the DMR - but the all the same. Not because I'm missing shots, I have very few issues doing a nice 5-shot on someone, or landing a headshot - but rather, because some idiot fires as rapidly as possible and manages to land a fatal shot, or at least leave me extremely weak despite clearly having better aim and understanding of the bloom mechanic. Knowing when to spam your shots is the same as saying that you should know when to roll the dice - because you're leaving it to chance, even if marginally, at some point.

Farooq

Banned
Shake Appeal said:

That is not the case and is one of the main reasons I stopped playing.

Shake Appeal said:
One time I was spamming the DMR and I had "missed" a shot in that I wasn't aiming at the guy's head (in fact, my crosshair wasn't even red I was so far off), but I managed a headshot because the bullet deviation caused by bloom landed me the hit.

But even with bloom, bodyshots with the DMR are trivial. And you can't tell me that a spammed DMR can't manage a headshot, because that's exactly why people hate bloom in the first place.

Woorloog

Banned
Farooq said:
It was beautiful in all it's glory. I don't understand what's wrong with having a utility weapon that is consistent and extremely useful. Because it deters you from using other weapons?

If I had my way, I would streamline the sandbox.

In Reach, as well as in Halo 3, you had too many weapons with overlapping roles (mostly CQB weapons). I think the way Bungie designed the sandbox, they felt they had no choice but to impose nerfs on the utility weapons. Nerfs that really hamper gameplay.

In the case of Halo 3, the nerf was the random spread on the BR. In Reach we got bloom. A consistent and useful utility weapon is not too much to ask for, and a more streamlined sand box is not a bad thing.
Yeah, Halo CE pistol deterred from using other weapon (EVEN in campaign. One shot from pistol killed a Hunter even on legendary). On the other hand, it had no other utility weapon (not counting power weapons) but it's CQB weapons were weak withing their niche. Not good.
Niche weapons should be useful, better than utility weapon withing their supposed roles (IE AR should win against BR/DMR at close range, unless the BR/DMR guy is good... and if the AR guy is good, he should win because he uses a weapon as it is supposed to be used. I think this worked quite well in Halo 3, a tad more consistent BR/Carbine would've been good)

A consistent and useful utility weapon would be nice BUT ONLY IF the game doesn't revolve around it. Players with different playstyles should be given that chance. Hell, it should be encouraged. I admit that map desing is a big thing here, open maps limit close quarters combat, maps with small closed areas encourage camping... variety of routes is good, and there should be reason to use all those routes.

Rickenslacker said:
One time I was spamming the DMR and I had "missed" a shot in that I wasn't aiming at the guy's head (in fact, my crosshair wasn't even red I was so far off), but I managed a headshot because the bullet deviation caused by bloom landed me the hit.

But even with bloom, bodyshots with the DMR are trivial. And you can't tell me that a spammed DMR can't manage a headshot, because that's exactly why people hate bloom in the first place.
Yep! Nearly in every match I sprint to a guy, who has no shield, and I shoot with my DMR. I get the most time a headshot. I know, that it is good for me. But something like this shouldn't happen.

Shake Appeal said:

RamirezSlopTripleKill.gif

Sadly spamming the DMR is effective.
Here it is from a few pages back.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10009637&player=TJ Ram

Willeth

Rickenslacker said:

One time. That's the thing. The whole argument against bloom on the DMR is a textbook example of confirmation bias.

Gui_PT

Stripper13 said:
That's ridiculous.

You do realize that in all probability an opponent will not miss every shot if he fires as fast as he can. In fact, given the aim assist and a sensible sensitivity, even a mediocre player is likely to land a few shots on you.

I suspect you're trolling anyway. My DMR skills, IMO, are pretty fucking nice - and I am frequently annoyed by bloom, more often than not with the Needle Rifle and pistol as opposed to the DMR - but the all the same. Not because I'm missing shots, I have very few issues doing a nice 5-shot on someone, or landing a headshot - but rather, because some idiot fires as rapidly as possible and manages to land a fatal shot, or at least leave me extremely weak despite clearly having better aim and understanding of the bloom mechanic. Knowing when to spam your shots is the same as saying that you should know when to roll the dice - because you're leaving it to chance, even if marginally, at some point.

Funny how I said something like this a short while after the game was released and nearly everyone jumped on me for saying it.

Now it's what almost everyone things :lol

Willeth said:
One time. That's the thing. The whole argument against bloom on the DMR is a textbook example of confirmation bias.
I say that as an extreme example of bloom netting me a shot that I didn't even properly aim. In regards to getting a headshot while spamming, while actually aiming at the head? Constantly.

In Halo 3 and to a greater extent Halo 2 I could shoot my last head shot and stop shooting knowing it would finish off my opponent and immediately begin thinking about my next encounter. It feels like with bloom I don't have the luxury of trusting the final shot will land where it should.

Blinding

Shake Appeal said:

You have to be trolling, that is not the case at all, if it was then bloom would've been consistent and I doubt anybody would've wanted it removed in the first place. Add on top of that the host advantage of being able to spam all five shots regardless of range and almost getting a kill each time and you have something that, like said previously, is extremely inconsistent and not suited for balancing the sandbox.

Homeboyd

Sikamikanico said:
I'm eager to see what 343 have done to the vehicle sandbox. Have they tied player health to the health of the vehicle?

I hope so!
The 1 million dollar question.

Also, JEBUS guys. POST MORE.

Really.

Post more.

*catchesupon97pages*

With the release of the anniversary maps coming up, isn't it about time that most playlist start to become DLC required? I mean BTB needs a real shot in the arm in terms of maps (non forge world)

Or how about a filter in the matchmaking options, where it says DLC required, surely that would be the best?

Can I just say, I won't decide either way until I see how a lack of bloom and other changes effect Reach, BUT classic Halo, C.E. esc gameplay doesn't say DMR to me, even without bloom.

Butane123 said:
Norman, Oklahoma

Too many Cornhuskers and Longhorns in here for my comfort.
Don't worry, I'm no Longhorns fan.

I'm from Austin, TX. Best city in the state.

I'm anticipating another adjustment to the DMR other than just the removal of bloom. I hope it's magnetism like the video sort-of implies, because there's not much more that frustrates me when I'm shooting someone and his teammate runs behind/in front of him and pulling me off my shot. I'm still very excited, especially after seeing how beautiful the new CEA looks. At least I'll have some time with GoW3 before I come back to Halo.

PooBone

Tried to get in w/ devo and folks last night and ended up in some SHITTY games w/ randoms. Watched the stream w/ Tunavi for a while though, good games, you all put me to shame.

PooBone

Thanks for doing your best yesterday HyperTrooper. Having one of us there made me almost feel like I was experiencing it for myself.

Also I forgive you for the crappy pics. :)

feel

bloom defenders said:
pace your shots
2r2ue6a.jpg

Gui_PT said:
NO BLOOM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

BKn7A.png
Amazing!!

Just so we're clear, not saying this is what they're doing (although it appears to be what they have shown), is there anyone who believes that making a sole sandbox change to the DMR by making it fire with maximum accuracy regardless of pacing, without modifying its aim assist, nor damage, nor clip size, nor rate of fire, nor scoped magnification...is there anyone who believes that this an acceptable, balanced modification to the sandbox?

In my opinion, it is not. In order to maintain the integrity of the sandbox, they will either need to nerf one or more of those aspects and/or introduce new mechanics to compensate (such as bullet spread), and/or buff all of the other weapons in the sandbox.

Of course Roy and Ogre 2 are going to be against removing bloom from MLG. As it stands, their team is dominating the league and winning events in an unassailable fashion. $20000 every event - they're going to be against anychange to the game, as change could upset this dominance. It's got shit all to do with 'skill gaps'.

@shakeappeal

Didn't you say you were writing a novel and therefore didn't have time to play Reach? Theory and practise are two different things

HiredN00bs said:
Just so we're clear, not saying this is what they're doing (although it appears to be what they have shown), is there anyone who believes that making a sole sandbox change to the DMR by making it fire with maximum accuracy regardless of pacing, without modifying its aim assist, nor damage, nor clip size, nor rate of fire, nor scoped magnification...is there anyone who believes that this an acceptable, balanced modification to the sandbox?

In my opinion, it is not. In order to maintain the integrity of the sandbox, they will either need to nerf one of those aspects and/or introduce a new mechanic to compensate (such as bullet spread), and/or buff all of the other weapons in the sandbox.
They will definitely need to make changes to balance the sadbox. I just want my shots to go where they are suppose to, and not lose shootouts due to spamming.

FyreWulff said:

XDK, and its most likely the newest build i cant see any reason for them to be using older XDK builds.

kylej

Banned
Shake Appeal said:

What, that it takes skill to take your chances in this game? You think all of the MLG pros just 'get lucky'? LOL, give me a break.

Can we get more of these pro tips from a guy who has played about 4 games of Reach this year? They're very useful!

Captain Blood said:
They will definitely need to make changes to balance the sadbox. I just want my shots to go where they are suppose to, and not loss shootouts due to spamming.
Definitely. I'm sure they (meaning 343i) will make some adjustments for the sake of balance, but I still don't understand everyone's concern about it, even if 343 doesn't. It's a change made for the classic playlist. See Halo:CE for reference. No problems there. How can so many people be for the removal of bloom, and then all of a sudden be majorly concerned about the implications? 5 shot kills with a bloomless DMR is still going to be slower than a 3 shot kill in Combat Evolved. And while range is what a lot of people are concerned about, I think people just need to make better use of cover and map movement.
Or even better, increase the pistol clip size and go to pistol/ar starts and completely exclude the DMR from maps
<-- I would very much enjoy this :-D

PooBone

MrBig said:
Huge reliance on normals, super contrast, abnormal terrain. It looks fantastic and I love the bright colors and hand drawn textures but I disagree. Much too busy overall, another case of adding detail for the sake of adding detail. Smooth forerunner architecture replaced with randomly contoured shapes, lines, and patterns. I have many gripes about those types of changes and the thoughts behind them.
That's always how I imagined they were supposed to look. Just look at the difference in detail on the forerunner interiors from Halo 1/2 to Halo 3. I mean Halo 3 was gorgeous and as soon as I heard rumblings of a Combat Evolved remake, the first thing I thought was that all the smooth gray interiors would be dressed up to look like beautiful, ornate Forerunner designs. I am not disappointed.

PsychoRaven said:
The one thing I didn't like was that ok this Halo has sit vacated for years. You would think some of the vegetation and plants would have grown over and down into the structure too. These abandoned locations just look too recent and less long forgotten. That's honestly been my one complaint graphically about the series from the beginning but shit something that minor doesn't count against it one bit in my opinion.

A good observation with a good reason. 343 and the sentinel drones have been maintaining the ring. He's basically the caretaker or superintendent. That's why all the Forerunner structures in Halo CE were so pristine and spotless. Now, look at Halo 2, where the monitor was captured on Delta Halo. The structures are completely overgrown w/ vegetation and covered in pockmarks.

Top Bottom