• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Karl2177

wwm0nkey said:
My god guys it was so obvious all along that Destiny was a Pokemon MMO, I mean think back to the theme song "I know its my Destiny"

:lol
"In a world we must defend" Reach!
"Our courage will pull us through" Noble 6 anyone?

GhaleonEB

I am currently on Social Security and I had to drop out of college because I could no longer afford it.​

He was doing so well until here, as he's not eligable for Social Security yet. Unless he's 65, in which case the story is even more amazing.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Look familiar?

http://i.imgur.com/27RHJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/jPJXa.jpg

I found it in Stephen Loftus' sign collection on HBO when I was looking for something else.
Hmm, that's the first mention I've seen of it. Interesting.

After another browsing of that sign collection I thought these were some interesting comparisons:
343jhcm.png

30t2fpx.jpg

and

oio5.png

i1ffoz.jpg

OuterWorldVoice said:
The TU is not designed to 'fix' or improve the game.

Wow, really? You're not fixing any legitimate glitches in the game's coding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRjLfpXDXwk
You aren't fixing people using the armor lock glitch to hide the objective behind solid walls?

You aren't fixing the de-syncing problems that no doubtedly exist in objective gametypes that utilize mobile objects?

You aren't fixing the problem where if Indestructible Vehicles is ON, the drivers are invincible too?

You aren't fixing where Gauss Warthog bullets clip through forged objects?

You aren't fixing the Infection Betrayal glitch?

You aren't fixing where we can only have 3 content items active at a time?

What the hell? Not buying Halo CEA unless you address these claims
Reach is far from flawless, these glitches prove it.

FyreWulff

First issue doesn't need a TU, just use softkills

I think you're misinterpreting Frankie. The TU is not going to radically change Reach. Of course they're going to try and fix bugs. They're going to need to if they want to release any more DLC.

FyreWulff said:
First issue doesn't need a TU, just use softkills

I think you're misinterpreting Frankie. The TU is not going to radically change Reach. Of course they're going to try and fix bugs. They're going to need to if they want to release any more DLC.

I thought reach currently supports 3 DLC items.

Noble
Defiant
Anniversary

Letters said:
Halo 5 to look like the Halo 4 CGi reveal?

Outrageous claims that won't be met, yes, but the jump in visuals for the new console should still be pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty nice if AMD is hinting that.

Curb?

The Real Napsta said:
I thought reach currently supports 3 DLC items.
Noble
Defiant
Anniversary

Correct. Halo Reach's poorly designed coding only supports 3 content items.
Microsoft said they were looking into fixing this, who knows though.

I added that to my list btw, Reach has tons of bugs. They should probably fix the game with this TU.

Recarpo

vhfive said:
I see I'm not the only person who enjoys breaking every monitor (and piece of glass) I see. In fact the only joy I get out of swordbase is all the breakable shit everywhere.

I do the same thing. All the little glass sheets around the edge of reflection have to break whenever I run past there.

Ramirez

stephen08 said:
At least I am quickly figuring out who the tools are here. No surprise to see EazyB in company. What happened to Ramirez? Not on?

Man, I'm eons late on this, but it was too good to pass up. I was actually on my first family vacation if you must know.

I don't particularly see what they did as offensive, it's probably happened twice in the entire time I've been playing Reach. You guys talk about poor sportsmanship, but um, how many times have I had to sit through 2-3 rounds of one guy being AFK or hiding on purpose because everyone else quit out? On the rare occurrence that everyone actually stays in a game, I tend to want to drag it out as long as possible, because it is so rare. I'm not even exaggerating when I say there's probably at least 1-2 quitters in 75%+ of the matches I play every night.

I personally would put the blame on NoF for even including such a god awful trolling gametype in the playlist to begin with. Then you could trickle the blame on down to the rest of them for not including some kind of forfeit option or making the quitting penalty greater than it is. Reach is just plagued with quitters, probably more so in TO than the other playlists, so I can't really fault someone for actually wanting to play the game instead of searching all night and getting into a game that lasts for 2 minutes or the entire time limit, but it's 4 guys searching for 1.

Does it suck for the other team? Sure, but you're also talking about the same HaloGAF who used to do (still does sometimes) victory laps, lol. I think most of you need to just lighten up. I don't think anyone is a tool because of how they played a videogame.

GhaleonEB

vhfive said:
I see I'm not the only person who enjoys breaking every monitor (and piece of glass) I see. In fact the only joy I get out of swordbase is all the breakable shit everywhere.
Yeah anything that can be smashed, I'll smash.

Karl2177 said:
"In a world we must defend" Reach!
"Our courage will pull us through" Noble 6 anyone?

MOTHER OF GOD

EDIT: more clues!
"I wanna be the very best / like no one ever was" Chief becoming the best SPARTAN, with Noble being second-best (and arguably the best SPARTAN-III) but becomes overshadowed, hence "like no one ever was" due to the sheer ambiguity and mystery of his career.

Risen said:
Just to illustrate the point...

Guests:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=704990642&player=Risen%20GBG

Lovely Teammates - with Skill Restriction on:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=706563967&player=Risen%20GBG

These games are why some GAFers have "anecdotal" comments on why TruSkill isn't working as they wish it would. These aren't even anomalies... they are a regular experience.

As it is - if you are a player of skill, the only way to find competitive matches is to search in Arena or MLG. Go in either without a full party and even with the Skill restriction turned on - it does a better job of matching you AGAINST your skill level than with... which is equally important.

Most playlists are a sleepy affair outside of Arena and MLG as a result, and the only way to play a competitive Objective game is in MLG.

I don't remember Halo 3 having this same difficulty as often - but then again it had Ranked playlists.
I love this. You put the word "anecdotal" in quotes like it's not a legitimate descriptor and then back that up with anecdotal evidence.

I've already admitted that the TrueSkill restrictions on most playlists "feel" looser, but again, we don't really know if they actually are (relative to previous games) because of other factors like playlist population, for example.

It's like some kid complaining about how "the netcode suciks" because the game goes to black screen. "TrueSkill sucks" is a similarly stupid complaint.

These past 6 games were just physics testing for the real project: Destiny. Plasma Grenades were used to test pokeball bouncing physics, wildlife was canned in order to make it not too painfully obvious, and things like the Blind Wolf will show up as Pokemon.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Reach has hosting issues (ie, the Black Screen). Much more than Halo 3 ever did, even taking into consideration player contributions.

There seems to be a general consensus among the folks that I know that play often and I'm the trend would be identified easily by other folks.

Dani said:
Reach has hosting issues (ie, the Black Screen). Much more than Halo 3 ever did, even taking into consideration player contributions.

There seems to be a general consensus among the folks that I know that play often and I'm the trend would be identified easily by other folks.
Man, get that anecdotal evidence bullshit outta here.

Ramirez said:
Man, I'm eons late on this, but it was too good to pass up. I was actually on my first family vacation if you must know.

I don't particularly see what they did as offensive, it's probably happened twice in the entire time I've been playing Reach. You guys talk about poor sportsmanship, but um, how many times have I had to sit through 2-3 rounds of one guy being AFK or hiding on purpose because everyone else quit out? On the rare occurrence that everyone actually stays in a game, I tend to want to drag it out as long as possible, because it is so rare. I'm not even exaggerating when I say there's probably at least 1-2 quitters in 75%+ of the matches I play every night.

I personally would put the blame on NoF for even including such a god awful trolling gametype in the playlist to begin with. Then you could trickle the blame on down to the rest of them for not including some kind of forfeit option or making the quitting penalty greater than it is. Reach is just plagued with quitters, probably more so in TO than the other playlists, so I can't really fault someone for actually wanting to play the game instead of searching all night and getting into a game that lasts for 2 minutes or the entire time limit, but it's 4 guys searching for 1.

Does it suck for the other team? Sure, but you're also talking about the same HaloGAF who used to do (still does sometimes) victory laps, lol. I think most of you need to just lighten up. I don't think anyone is a tool because of how they played a videogame.
Defending the indefensible, good show. It's nice to know you have a family, the world needs more jerks.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HiredN00bs said:
Defending the indefensible, good show. It's nice to know you have a family, the world needs more jerks.

Christ, what is your problem? If you're gonna take that kind of attitude, you should probably go back to your other Halo communities. It's not wanted here.

Dani said:

Reach is far more likely to throw away a questionable host than Halo 3, and that's a good thing.

OH I'M SORRY LET ME MAKE A MORE APPROPRIATE POST:

If that isn't incontrovertible proof of terrible netcode, I don't know what it. Can I be a member now?

Barrow Roll said:
Damn, you must be a real hit at the Halo LAN parties.
Well I'm no objective holder or anything.

Plywood said:
Now you're bringing his family into this, real classy.
He brought it up like it mattered and then defended your guys' jerkish behavior with the same bullshit argument about it being the game's fault.

Eh, fine.

I'm sorry Ramirez and all. Sorry. That was inappropriate.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
HiredN00bs said:
He brought it up like it mattered and then defended your guys' jerkish behavior with the same bullshit argument about it being the game's fault.
He brought it up because steph08 called him out, so he explained where he was and why he didn't respond to the post. It's not cool calling out someone's entire family and judging his entire family over what he may or may not do in a videogame.

Recarpo

HiredN00bs said:

No reason to bring family into this and say things like that. If you don't agree that's one thing, but it's just a game. Let the hate go, man.

Top Bottom