• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Ramirez

lol, I only mentioned it because Stephen asked (hey that's my name too!). If you want to make a sweeping assumption over how I am as a father and husband because of my opinion on a game of Halo go ahead, it only further proves my assumption that you're a complete weirdo.

Plywood said:
He brought it up because steph08 called him out, so he explained where he was and why he didn't respond to the post. It's not cool calling out someone's entire family and judging his entire family over what he may or may not do in a videogame.
Now this I take issue with, it's fallacious to excuse unsportsmanlike behavior just because it occurs in an electronic game. I've said I'm sorry and it was wrong for me to say what I said, but sportsmanship doesn't go away depending on the game venue.

HiredN00bs said:
He brought it up like it mattered and then defended your guys' jerkish behavior with the same bullshit argument about it being the game's fault.

Eh, fine.

I'm sorry Ramirez and all. Sorry. That was inappropriate.

It's funny we're the ones of low moral character, supposedly, but we have yet to insult someone's family.

Booshka

HiredN00bs said:
Now this I take issue with, it's fallacious to excuse unsportsmanlike behavior just because it occurs in an electronic game. I've said I'm sorry and it was wrong for me to say what I said, but sportsmanship doesn't go away depending on the game venue.
Dennis Dyack?

Devolution said:
It's funny we're the ones of low moral character, supposedly, but we have yet to insult someone's family.
Saying that it's okay to be unsportsmanlike in a video game is kind of like saying it's okay to be a jerk to people on an internet forum.

It's a videogame.

It's the internet.

See the parallel?

NOTE: This is not a point to excuse my post for which I apologize, but it's still apt.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
HiredN00bs said:
We both know we're not going to come to an agreement on it, so that's really the end of it.

HiredN00bs said:
Yeah, it actually kind of does. You don't know any of us and what we did in a few games of Halo: Reach is not indicative at all of how we play any other game in different situations or circumstances or how we act in day to day life.

Plywood said:
We both know we're not going to come to an agreement on it, so that's really the end of it.
I still think you can come around on it. I believe there is still good in you.

But, fair enough, I don't want to bog down the thread any further on this.

FyreWulff

unce unce unce unce unce unce

halorave_004.jpg

unce boom boom boom unce unce unce

halorave_003.jpg

bonus elite content

fyresnorkel.jpg

Tawpgun

You apologized so I won't comment on your post...

But holy shit I thought everyone was over this. Is it really that big of a deal that you have to bring it up whenever you can?

We were jerks for one goddamn game (ok maybe it was 2) We rarely do it. Actually no. Rarely do it implies that we do it from time to time. No. It was a more or less ONE TIME DEAL. We wanted to see just how much we could base rape because we KNEW the map was broken. I just really don't like how you go around acting like we're the evil of HaloGAF, the evil forces of Halo that spawn kill in objective all day erryday.

I don't even know why I'm trying to explain anything because I thought this was all resolved PAGES ago.

I will say this, aside from when things get too personal, this stuff is what makes HaloGAF so interesting. Differing opinions and heated debates. If everyone agreed all the time this place would be boring. If everyone played the same way this place would be boring.

A27 Tawpgun said:
You apologized so I won't comment on your post...

But holy shit I thought everyone was over this. Is it really that big of a deal that you have to bring it up whenever you can?

We were jerks for one goddamn game (ok maybe it was 2) We rarely do it. Actually no. Rarely do it implies that we do it from time to time. No. It was a more or less ONE TIME DEAL. We wanted to see just how much we could base rape because we KNEW the map was broken.

I don't even know why I'm trying to explain anything because I thought this was all resolved PAGES ago.

I will say this, aside from when things get too personal, this stuff is what makes HaloGAF so interesting. Differing opinions and heated debates. If everyone agreed all the time this place would be boring. If everyone played the same way this place would be boring.
I believe you, it's cool man. We've played customs before and you guys seem alright, I just feel pretty passionately about preserving good sportsmanship, even in online games with strangers. From my perspective, tt's no different than a pick-up game of basketball (although people can be jerks in that, too).

feel

FyreWulff said:
unce unce unce unce unce unce

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/fyrewulff/halorave_004.jpg[IMG]

unce boom boom boom unce unce unce

[IMG]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/fyrewulff/halorave_003.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]
Can the game be played in disco mode like that using some mix of filters? Or were the pics were just taken next to explosions? Looks awesome either way.

FyreWulff

It's something like Next Gen + Juicy + Orange + Purple, then you place lights to light up the grass

Let me see if I still have the map

Trasher

HiredN00bs said:
I believe you, it's cool man. We've played customs before and you guys seem alright, I just feel pretty passionately about preserving good sportsmanship, even in online games with strangers. From my perspective, tt's no different than a pick-up game of basketball (although people can be jerks in that, too).
Here's a pro tip: Calling out someone's family like that is not what people consider "good sportsmanship." You must have missed that question on the Halo Veteran test.

Trasher said:
Here's a pro tip: Calling out someone's family like that is not what people consider "good sportsmanship." You must have missed that question on the Halo Veteran test.
The forum isn't really a game, per se, but if you'd read the posts above, you'll see that I agree it was in poor taste.

And you guys' don't seem to have a problem with teasing me about a title that

1) Someone I don't even know gave me

2) I've asked people to stop using, politely.

Live by your own rules, please.

Tawpgun

Trasher said:
I know everyone likes to get their word in, but he already apologized and admitted it was wrong so let's just all move on because calling him out on it again isn't helping.

Am I the only one that hopes Halo 5 won't be a launch title? Next gen xbox is probably going to be hella expensive and I know I will be short on money... Better start saving up now because if anything is going to sell those Xbox's its a hyper hyped Halo 5. Assuming Halo 4 turns out to be amazing. Because truth be told if 343 fucks up Halo 4 it will be a huge decline in the Halo series.

343 is in a very tough position. If its anything less than what Bungie made then people will lose faith in the franchise.

A27 Tawpgun said:
343 is in a very tough position. If its anything less than what Bungie made then people will lose faith in the franchise.
Its worse than that. It has to be better.

And of course it has to be very new and different, but without really changing anything too much.

So it should be like the original Halo, or scratch that, Halo 2, yeah, but still have that stuff that made Halo 3 classic, and Reach too, but of course it should stand on its own. It needs to cater to the passionate hardcore that have been with Halo from day 1, but its got to have that hook and accessibility that brings a new wave of gamers into the fold to keep matchmaking humming.

So no worries. I'm sure it will have that magic Halo formula, from that one time they truly nailed it, you know, that one game we all know and love.

Trasher

A27 Tawpgun said:
I know everyone likes to get their word in, but he already apologized and admitted it was wrong so let's just all move on because calling him out on it again isn't helping.

Am I the only one that hopes Halo 5 won't be a launch title? Next gen xbox is probably going to be hella expensive and I know I will be short on money... Better start saving up now because if anything is going to sell those Xbox's its a hyper hyped Halo 5. Assuming Halo 4 turns out to be amazing. Because truth be told if 343 fucks up Halo 4 it will be a huge decline in the Halo series.

Yeah, that's great he apologized. He should still be banned for something like that though. He deserves some sort of punishment for being a complete ass. His post was inexcusable, and I hope a mod pops in to see it so that we can be spared from his poor postmanship for a while.

HiredN00bs said:
The forum isn't really a game, per se, but if you'd read the posts above, you'll see that I agree it was in poor taste.

And you guys' don't seem to have a problem with teasing me about a title that

1) Someone I don't even know gave me

2) I've asked people to stop using, politely.

Live by your own rules, please.
And what are my rules? I do follow my rules just like, Tashi. We teabag the hell out of our enemies.

You seriously expect us to just ignore a post like yours and not give you any shit for it? It was uncalled for, and any "teasing" you receive is well deserved in my opinion. Just man up and take it.

FyreWulff

Letters said:
Can the game be played in disco mode like that using some mix of filters? Or were the pics were just taken next to explosions? Looks awesome either way.

Here, I remade the map real quick

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=20952718&player=FyreWulff

Plasma based weapons like the Focus Rifle are great to watch being used on it.

Adjust lightballs in Forge for more or less neon grass

Add Pen and Ink filter if you want a shorter distance on how much neon grass you can see from your vantage point

Ramirez

4 Out of 6 games tonight so far there's been more than 1 quitter, more like 3 in most, ugh. This is why I can't fault people for doing whatever they please once they get a full game with no quitters.

edit: 5 out of 7.

Ramirez said:
4 Out of 6 games tonight so far there's been more than 1 quitter, more like 3 in most, ugh. This is why I can't fault people for doing whatever they please once they get a full game with no quitters.
Just realized I've been being trolled this whole time.

Ramirez

HiredN00bs said:
Just realized I've been being trolled this whole time.

How is me pointing out the sad state of the Reach community trolling you?

Sorry guys, my Xbox is allergic to BTB. :p I'll go to sleep instead.

Trasher said:
You seriously expect us to just ignore a post like yours and not give you any shit for it? It was uncalled for, and any "teasing" you receive is well deserved in my opinion. Just man up and take it.
I don't expect it to be ignored, but I did apologize for it. And people were "teasing" me before I made that post. And I've been "taking" it.

Ramirez said:
How is me pointing out the sad state of the Reach community trolling you?

Sorry guys, my Xbox is allergic to BTB. :p I'll go to sleep instead.

You're saying the answer to sad behavior is more sad behavior. I just can't believe that that's your argument.

feel

Ramirez

HiredN00bs said:
You're saying the answer to sad behavior is more sad behavior. I just can't believe that that's your argument.

I'm not saying it's a cool thing to do, but a lot of people have very limited time to play. I usually have a window of about 2 hours a night to play, and on nights like tonight, I'm lucky if I had one legit match the entire night, that sucks. I might have a different viewpoint if it wasn't such a normal occurrence, but it happens practically every time I play the game. I'm almost to the point that I would be totally ok with drop in/drop out for the next game, especially for the social playlists.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I finally bought Reach and have been playing MP all weekend! Team Slayer skills are somewhat rusty. This cannot and will not stand.

HiredN00bs said:
Defending the indefensible, good show. It's nice to know you have a family, the world needs more jerks.
? Don't be a dick or I'll exercise Roe vs Wade on your account. A warning instead of a ban is a blessing, don't squander it.

Ramirez said:
I'm not saying it's a cool thing to do, but a lot of people have very limited time to play. I usually have a window of about 2 hours a night to play, and on nights like tonight, I'm lucky if I had one legit match the entire night, that sucks. I might have a different viewpoint if it wasn't such a normal occurrence, but it happens practically every time I play the game. I'm almost to the point that I would be totally ok with drop in/drop out for the next game, especially for the social playlists.
I hear you man, it sucks that your limited time is being sullied by poor sports. That's exactly the kind of thing I've been advocating against.

I think they should at least have a drop-in/drop-out playlist.

bishoptl said:
I finally bought Reach and have been playing MP all weekend! Team Slayer skills are somewhat rusty. This cannot and will not stand.

? Don't be a dick or I'll exercise Roe vs Wade on your account.

Noted. A little fairness is all I ask.

Ramirez said:
I'm almost to the point that I would be totally ok with drop in/drop out for the next game, especially for the social playlists.
I'll be sad if the next game doesn't have join-in-progress. It could also use a Mercenaries playlist (no parties).

NullPointer said:
I'll be sad if the next game doesn't have join-in-progress. It could also use a Mercenaries playlist (no parties).

The only thing that bothers me about a drop in drop out system is I don't want to not play along because I am almost guaranteed to join a game mid-game, and probably be getting smoked.

Hey You

NullPointer said:

I don't see why people would want to join in the middle or end of a game.

I would be pissed if I join in a CTF game 2-0 with the team about to cap the flag or 48-20 slayer game.

stephen08

Ramirez said:

That does suck, now imagine you join a game and get spawn killed for 20 minutes.

Steelyuhas said:
The only thing that bothers me about a drop in drop out system is I don't want to not play along because I am almost guaranteed to join a game mid-game, and probably be getting smoked.
Hey You said:
I don't see why people would want to join in the middle or end of a game.

I would be pissed if I join in a CTF game 2-0 with the team about to cap the flag or 48-20 slayer game.
Whats the problem though? You play out the match with full teams, it ends, and the next one starts. Thats better than starting a match and having two of your teammates drop out. You either have to play it out and bear it or quit out and put yourself back into matchmaking and hope it doesn't happen again.

Is it a stats problem?

Tunavi said:
start>quit
Damn straight.

Karl2177

Steelyuhas said:
It'd definitely be considered more like a Halo 3 social environment. Kinda reminds me more of MW2, with loadouts and all. One thing I think Reach failed in was gametype customization. I kinda wish we had a gametype where we could select our preferred primary, sidearm, and AA. Maybe, I'm just looking for a game more like CoD with Halo like gameplay...

EDIT: Well, the thread title just changed... Or maybe I'm really lttp.

Top Bottom