• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

bobs99 ... said:
Dude, at this stage it seems like you disagree with people simply because you dont like the people here. Take the personal shit out of the equation. You might not see eye to eye with people in terms of Halo issues but that doesnt mean you have to take a personal vendetta against them.

I will openly say that there are people on here who I totally disagree with. I will then go on to say that I love conversing/ playing with those people as we still get on and quite frankly its interesting to dissect and acknowledge other peoples points of view.

Whats worse, holding the objective in a video game or trashing someones family? Put things in perspective man.

Sorry I am pretty damn late here, but I still think its worth saying that you dont need to hate on people simply because there Halo preferences differ from yours.

Haha thread title is pretty funny, but I can imagine it pissing off people who actually like Elites without knowing the context of that weird story on bnet.
I agree completely, and that's why I apologized almost immediately (I felt that editing the post would be dishonest, seeing as people had already reacted to it).

wwm0nkey said:
See if I where to do this challenge I would need some actually good Cr, not Cr I can earn in 2 to 3 games, I want Cr that would actually take me a week of playing to get.
Yeah, it's a lousy payout for the time it will take to complete. Might as well make it worth 0 cR.

Ken

king picollo said:
What's the point, what are you spending your creds on?
SenzuBeans.jpg

Just need a few more million cR...

Booties

Banned
I just had a dream and I want you all to know about it.

I was the master chief. I really, really was the master chief, my idol and hero. I had some scrub halo reach covenant weapon that shot lasers and I was in a big square room circle strafing like a pro. Then I was attacked by a METAL GEAR being piloted by Duke Nukem. I woke up with both of us at like 5% health. It was truly a glorious showdown but with no conclusion? Should I go back to bed and hope for luck or should I always bet on Duke? I just don't understand, duke! And metal gear? What the fuck. i am the master chief now aren't i?

Letters said:
Poor Ghaleon. On the other hand, if Bishop sticks to playing the game semi-regularly, it should be entertaining seeing the title changing often and getting incrementally angrier, until the inevitable "|OT5| Frankie save us"
That post was a monument to all of our sins.

Thanks to Merguson and Overdoz1z for helping me test my mini games ;)
Hopefully I will be able to play them with a bigger party this saturday.

kylej

Banned
Booties said:
I just had a dream and I want you all to know about it.

I was the master chief. I really, really was the master chief, my idol and hero. I had some scrub halo reach covenant weapon that shot lasers and I was in a big square room circle strafing like a pro. Then I was attacked by a METAL GEAR being piloted by Duke Nukem. I woke up with both of us at like 5% health. It was truly a glorious showdown but with no conclusion? Should I go back to bed and hope for luck or should I always bet on Duke? I just don't understand, duke! And metal gear? What the fuck. i am the master chief now aren't i?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU1-IkUZICI&t=1m4s

I always think of Moorelli when I watch this. 2:02 is me.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Halo: Anniversary Exclusive Pre-Order Grunt Funeral Skull

An exclusive, game-modifying skull that changes the rules of the game for an explosively humorous experience, "Grunt Funeral" sends Halo's most lowly and lovable enemy out in a blaze of glory. And plasma. And then more glory. Once the skull has been activated, every grunt's methane tank will explode like a plasma grenade when killed. Watch out for the grunt chain reaction!

Welp, that basically confirms skulls to improve campaign replayability. Appreciate the new footage on Anniversary.

Edit: You can already see some changes in the footage from the trailer that differ from the trailer released back at E3. The AR, for example.

MrBig

Game looks good. IQ looks improved since the trailer, and it looks like there may be new FP origins, along with new models.

kylej

Banned
Booties said:
Kyle, are we going to Pax East this year or what?

I don't think Boston could handle the combined Ray-Ban wearing hipsterdom of us both. I'd probably go for like 2 seconds if Halo was there then leave and just hit some bars with my Halo Bros. I'll buy Tawpgun a diet coke.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Pre-order "Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary" to Unlock Your Inner Master Chief and Pay Tribute to the Lovable Grunt

Join 343 Industries for a special Comic-Con "Halo" Universe panel on July 22

Ten years ago, "Halo: Combat Evolved" launched around the world and defined both the shooter genre and a generation of gamers. Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries are celebrating this epic milestone with the launch of "Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary" for Xbox 360 on Nov. 15 and inviting fans to join the landmark celebration with a set of special pre-order bonuses:

· Master Chief Avatar Armor– Heroes Never Die, and to honor the 10th anniversary of John 117, you will finally be able to transform your Xbox LIVE Avatar into the iconic hero by outfitting it with Master Chief's signature MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor.

· "Grunt Funeral" Skull – An exclusive, game-modifying skull that changes the rules of the game for an explosively humorous experience, "Grunt Funeral" sends "Halo's" most lowly and lovable enemy out in a blaze of glory. And plasma. And then more glory. Once the skull has been activated, every grunt's methane tank will explode like a plasma grenade when killed. Watch out for the grunt chain reaction!

Additionally, be sure to check out the latest "Halo: Anniversary" behind-the-scenes feature on Halo Waypoint and HaloWaypoint.com for in-depth developer commentary on the creative process behind developing one of the year's most highly anticipated games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riJUuSq4MZ4

To learn more about the "Halo" series and the expansive fiction it helped inspire, drop by 343 Industries' "Halo" Universe panel at San Diego Comic-Con, where the creative minds behind the franchise will be delivering exclusive insights into the "Halo" universe, answering fan questions and more.

"Halo" Universe Panel with 343 Industries
San Diego Convention Center, Room 6BCF
Friday, July 22, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.

Frank O'Connor, Kevin Grace, and others from 343 Industries, as well as special "Halo" guests Greg Bear and Karen Traviss, discuss the first 10 years of "Halo" and offer a sneak peek into what's next for this exciting sci-fi universe.
3AQmK.gif

FyreWulff

Looks great. AR looks kinda small and low compared to Halo 1 though. Is it that they put Chief's "face" further back or is it the native widescreen support?

Skull is neat, I'm not sure I like the idea of a game option that only some players have though. Please keep preorder bonuses cosmetic only (ie ODST, Halo Wars, Reach)

Dug

Banned
Dani said:
Doesn't say anything about retailer specifics. Most likely just a general pre-order anywhere thing like with Reach's pre-order content.
Well, I hope you're right! They both sound awesome!

FyreWulff

Dani said:
Doesn't say anything about retailer specifics. Most likely just a general pre-order anywhere thing like with Reach's pre-order content.

So, probably included with all launch copies then, like Reach's Recon.

At least, I'd think they would do that to not repeat some people getting screwed out of Johnson because their Gamestop derped and didn't give anybody their card.

I hate pre-order bonuses. I really do. I will buy this game but not during the rush of all the other AAA games.

Game looks visually beautiful though, im still a little worried that maybe to much Reach will slip in, but if the game is built on the original engine then that shouldnt be a problem?

Dani where was that image from?

I hope that I'll get both pre-order bonuses. The Avatar armor looks awesome right now.(I wanted to write "The armor lock awesome..." Damn you Reach you tainted my mind). The best thing about the announcement is the short gameplay-sequence, that looks amazing, and the confirmation that we will get skulls in Halo: CE:A.

bobs99 ... said:
Game looks visually beautiful though, im still a little worried that maybe to much Reach will slip in, but if the game is built on the original engine then that shouldnt be a problem?
Yep, the game looks beautiful. If Halo 4 has the same colorful experience, I'll be very happy. Because that is the Halo, I felt in love 8 years ago and I'm going to fall this year too. :)

wwm0nkey

DAT AR!

So happy they didnt use Reach's model like was shown in the trailer.

Really hope for a new CE trailer at comic-con or Halo Fest.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Avatar Chief is badly shopped in the promo image, the yellow background is apparent and it seems to be reflecting a yellow hue on parts of the Armour. Chalk it up to showing it early I guess.

Risen

HiredN00bs said:
I love this. You put the word "anecdotal" in quotes like it's not a legitimate descriptor and then back that up with anecdotal evidence.

I've already admitted that the TrueSkill restrictions on most playlists "feel" looser, but again, we don't really know if they actually are (relative to previous games) because of other factors like playlist population, for example.

It's like some kid complaining about how "the netcode suciks" because the game goes to black screen. "TrueSkill sucks" is a similarly stupid complaint.

Actually "anecdotal" was put in quotes because I was quoting something that had already been typed, but didn't know who exactly to credit - call it a hold out from a guy who remembers what it was like to write something in pen rather than type it... but thanks for playing.

Of course I backed it up anecdotically... lol it's a personal observation... It can ONLY be anecdotal.

Your analogy does not follow my comment at all. The point in the post is that those types of games happen fairly frequently as an observation... There is a problem when a person with 4 guests is allowed to play a team of four. THAT sucks - no matter if the Truskill system does or not.

There is also a problem when searching with skill restriction on as a party of two and the system doesn't match you with like skilled players before it matches you against like skilled players. I'm already saying I'll wait longer for a better match if I have skill the skill restriction set.

It's not the Truskill system itself that sucks... it's the implementation of said system that sucks when the above scenarios occur. (to use your words)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Gabo´s Palace said:
This was posted 25 days ago, any idea what happened with the podcast?
Coming shortly. We have this announcement and Comic Con coming up. I imagine we'll be hearing it this week or the next.

Dani said:
Coming shortly. We have this announcement and Comic Con coming up. I imagine we'll be hearing it this week or the next.
It will be sweet hearing Halo CEA new details directly from 343, I'm really exited.

wwm0nkey

Anyone else thinking this will have a new Legendary ending that goes directly into Halo 4? Or at least shows us more of where the teaser left off.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Like a shot to my heart.

That would, of course, confirm other skulls for Campaign. We've had the same set for Halo 3, ODST and Reach, so I was hoping for new stuff. That's new stuff.

Show me an epic Firefight map and I'll pre-order. :D
wwm0nkey said:
Anyone else thinking this will have a new Legendary ending that goes directly into Halo 4? Or at least shows us more of where the teaser left off.
I expect the ass-grab to be quite lovingly rendered given the new graphics upgrade.

FyreWulff

I just realize that I guess this means people that elect to buy it on Games on Demand at launch instead of retail miss out on the skull.

wwm0nkey said:
Ehm... what is the purpose of the terminals? And why should Halo: CE ending go directly into Halo 4? Halo CE:A should show the people, who have started with Halo 3, the beginning of the original Halo trilogy.

Top Bottom