• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Devolution said:
/shrug

I don't care enough to time everything so I have no place there. Didn't really get to tone up my DMR at all either. Too busy gettin' wrecked by power weapon control. Meh. There is no moving from the ground up on that playlist. It's all the same core group of MLG tourney tryhards.

I thought MLG would be the perfect place to buff up my DMR skills. I soon found out that it's the worst playlist to do so.

I actually find Firefight to be the best, especially when you get to shoot Elites and Skirmishers.

Letters said:
I mostly hate how it's all about people cowardly sprinting the fuck away from fights they don't feel 100% sure they will win. Looks so pathetic, like little kids running to their mommas to tell.

Yes, you just reminded me of my biggest pet peeve in Reach. So lame.

ZalinKrow said:
If I owned a copy of it I totally would! :p I'll try and get my hands on it if I can, although I haven't read any of the other books yet either.
Definitely read the original three. Cryptum is also a great read as well.

Edit: Kittens, I got your invite, but then you went offline.

heckfu said:
Here's a glimpse inside my mind every time Hyper sings Sweet Home Alabama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdXU4R8JBe4

there's literally NO exaggerating.

Hahaha. I enjoy his rendition actually.

feel

Devolution said:
/shrug

I don't care enough to time everything so I have no place there. Didn't really get to tone up my DMR at all either. Too busy gettin' wrecked by power weapon control. Meh. There is no moving from the ground up on that playlist. It's all the same core group of MLG tourney tryhards.
I mostly hate how it's all about people cowardly sprinting the fuck away from fights they don't feel 100% sure they will win. Looks so pathetic, like little kids running to their mommas to tell.

I have more respect for motherfuckers running in my direction with a sword.

edit-
played some Reach today, still horrible, but I had fun, just shook my head and laughed at all of Bungie's bad decisions since I was in a good mood and in the company of a good real life friend.

Devolution said:
/shrug

I do understand how you feel :p I like MLG but it really is nerd and competitive. Don't time every rockets spawn and you end up -15.
Oh and don't even bother playing in there if you're not at least in a team of 3*

*unless you know for sure you'll pull host every match... oh hey, Tash, how you doing today?!
jk <3

Letters said:
That is because of how the game is, actually. No room for individual skill. Don't even start a 1v1 if you're not 100% sure you'll win. And bloom+trigger spam make everything worse lol...

Lazslo

Has it been said if Bungie will return to the Weekly Updates once they have things to update the Community on? I can't see them making a whole new game and Universe without an Update every week about the Dev process. It's still strange to look at B.Net on the weekends and not see some sort of update. You don't know what you had till....

Karl2177

Lazslo said:
Has it been said if Bungie will return to the Weekly Updates once they have things to update the Community on? I can't see them making a whole new game and Universe without an Update every week about the Dev process. It's still strange to look at B.Net on the weekends and not see some sort of update. You don't know what you had till....
Honestly, I feel the opposite. I can wait with Bungie, as long as it turns out perfect. I don't want anymore rushed products coming from them. The updates are cool, but they seemed to build too much hype at times. It's probably why I was disappointed with ODST and Reach.

i nerini del buio said:
I do understand how you feel :p I like MLG but it really is nerd and competitive. Don't time every rockets spawn and you end up -15.
Oh and don't even bother playing in there if you're not at least in a team of 3*

*unless you know for sure you'll pull host every match... oh hey, Tash, how you doing today?!
jk <3

If one wants like semi-competitiveness it's so frustrating in h3/Reach the way they set shit up. It's shit on bad kids or be shat on by semi-pros/mlg tryhards, it seems like getting a team at a similar level is nigh impossible.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
Revert all funds to Seattle.

I wish. It's too close to the flight, I don't have money for the flight difference and then what Delta will charge me. :/

I'll get into the details of my Raleigh cancellation later or something. Wound still burns :(

edit: Oh, and then I would need a pass for PAX and HaloFest. Ya, don't have money for all that. I would fuckin die to go.

Trasher said:

You know honestly someone is going to have to clue me in here.

I get that this was hilarious I was having a ton of fun while playing and I don't really care if he removed me.

I think I did pretty well that first game right?

I thought the whole thing was funny but what I want to know is, why is it THAT funny...? Go ahead, be blunt.

Ramirez

A27_StarWolf said:
You know honestly someone is going to have to clue me in here.

I get that this was hilarious I was having a ton of fun while playing and I don't really care if he removed me.

I think I did pretty well that first game right?

I thought the whole thing was funny but what I want to know is, why is it THAT funny...? Go ahead, be blunt.

He's making fun of Eazy's "situational awareness", lol.

I groomed EazyB into the Halo player he is today. I live on, through him. *tear*

I'm assuming you couldn't get the time off from work, or your team backed out/dropped you Tashi?

GoogleAd for MLG Raleigh, lol.

Ramirez said:
He's making fun of Eazy's "situational awareness", lol.

I groomed EazyB into the Halo player he is today. I live on, through him. *tear*

NONONON I don't get why everyone else is laughing so hard, I get that there were funny moments, but whats the big picture I'm missing lol.

Tashi0106 said:
I wish. It's too close to the flight, I don't have money for the flight difference and then what Delta will charge me. :/

I'll get into the details of my Raleigh cancellation later or something. Wound still burns :(

edit: Oh, and then I would need a pass for PAX and HaloFest. Ya, don't have money for all that. I would fuckin die to go.
I'll sell you a 3 day for 150

vhfive

Tashi0106 said:
I didn't get dropped, 2 of my teammates were stolen by really well known players.
:/ that sucks

Blinding said:
Go to Providence, Puckett is guaranteed to be drunk all the time since it's Nationals.
There's a good chance that I actually will go to Providence (not as a player lol). My brother loves Starcraft so I'll probably go with him and watch Halo

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
I didn't get dropped, 2 of my teammates were stolen by really well known players.

lol, so these guys bailed on you to play with some well known players, knowing full well that you had already spent money and made preparations to go? Cool dudes.

Didn't you say you would basically poop on Lake Minnetonka, Starwolf? Eazy's commentary is pretty hilarious, especially his first no scope.

Karl2177

A27_StarWolf said:
NONONON I don't get why everyone else is laughing so hard, I get that there were funny moments, but whats the big picture I'm missing lol.
I'll be the honest one here. He is much much better than you, and most of the time he was just fucking around. Also, you tended to draw towards power weapons for most of your kills, while he used a support weapon to get a kill.

Tashi

Ramirez said:
lol, so these guys bailed on you to play with some well known players, knowing full well that you had already spent money and made preparations to go? Cool dudes.

Well one of them had been wanting to bail for a while. I could feel it. And when he got the offer, he was 100% gone. The other one, who I've actually been playing with for a while, said to himself, "play with Tashi, try to find a 4th and probably place really shitty or play with these known players with a lot of points, probably get points and maybe get Top 32?" He chose the latter. Both of my former teammates are actually friends with the other known players either in real life or through Halo. It's fucked up either way.

Now I'm just trying to see if I could get a refund (highly unlikely) or try to change my flight to MLG Orlando and hopefully not have a swallow a huge charge. (Probably 200$)

I could fuckin throw up right now. I wish this happened earlier so I could go to fuckin PAX or something.

Tashi0106 said:
How did it happen in your stream, and who did they end up joining?

Tashi0106 said:
Well one of them had been wanting to bail for a while. I could feel it. And when he got the offer, he was 100% gone. The other one, who I've actually been playing with for a while, said to himself, "play with Tashi, try to find a 4th and probably place really shitty or play with these known players with a lot of points, probably get points and maybe get Top 32?" He chose the latter. Both of my former teammates are actually friends with the other known players either in real life or through Halo. It's fucked up either way.

Now I'm just trying to see if I could get a refund (highly unlikely) or try to change my flight to MLG Orlando and hopefully not have a swallow a huge charge. (Probably 200$)

I could fuckin throw up right now. I wish this happened earlier so I could go to fuckin PAX or something.

Fuck that sucks dude.

Tashi

Captain Blood said:
How did it happen in your stream, and who did they end up joining?

Well it's archived now but you could hear me finding out all this shit in a Halo lobby.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Tashi0106 said:

That fucking sucks dude, wish there was some way you could get to PAX without a shitton of extra costs. :/

GL with getting things sorted out.

Karl2177 said:
I'll be the honest one here. He is much much better than you, and most of the time he was just fucking around. Also, you tended to draw towards power weapons for most of your kills, while he used a support weapon to get a kill.

Thanks for the honesty haha.

However, I knew he was better than me, and even if he can say he was fucking around all he wants, doesn't change the score tho :D.

so who's next guys :p?

A27_StarWolf said:
Thanks for the honesty haha.

However, I knew he was better than me, and even if he can say he was fucking around all he wants, doesn't change the score tho :D.

so who's next guys :p?
Plus there was that one game that ended in a tie which was pretty impressive.

Tashi0106 said:
Thanks guys <3

Tashi let me join your team.

Serious_Business_Lego.jpg

I would help if I could :/

Blinding

vhfive said:
There's a good chance that I actually will go to Providence (not as a player lol). My brother loves Starcraft so I'll probably go with him and watch Halo

Oh sweet, Providence is like a 30 min drive from my house so I'll definitely be going.

Yeah, that sucks Tashi, but all this will do is drive you to put together one amazing team for Orlando.

feel

That sucks Tashi. I wish you weren't so into the MLG culture so you wouldn't have to go through crap like this, you're a genuinely nice guy, you seem completely out of place in that douchebag-town community.

At least you'll be comfy at home to see Halogaf go crazy with the celebratory gifs, as info pours out of halofest.

And cheer up, my puppy has been working on his bloom settle, he'll be going with you to events in no time.

V hey vh don't rephrase my line in your quote :p

vhfive

Letters said:
That sucks Tashi. I wish you weren't so into the MLG culture so you wouldn't have to go through crap like this, you're a genuinely nice guy, you seem completely out of place in that douchebag-town community.

At least you'll be comfy at home to see Halogaf go crazy with the celebratory gifs, as info pours out of halofest.

My puppy has been working on his bloom settle, he'll be your worthy teammate in no time.
GIVE ME YOUR PUPPY NOW. HE'S SOOOOOOOO CUTE

Top Bottom