• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Heh, so Silver accounts can upload screenshots, I didn't think they could. Might as well post a pic of my Spartan, then. :lol

2JcCcl.jpg

HiredN00bs said:
Haha, did you get matched with Frenchies, recently watch the movie, or both?

Got matched up with Frenchies, seen the movie a couple times, so when someone said the French Connection I immediately thought of a pissed off Gene Hackman.

Reposting for new page:

Frankie already stated TU options won't be toggable so we will likely have to download the game types from our recent games.
Now say I want to play a bloomless invasion game type variant, will I have to download them from matchmaking ( if we ever get one ) or once the TU drops 343 will be able to load new gametypes like Bungie did with Chess, Halo Ball...?

Gabotron ES said:
Frankie already stated TU options won't be toggable so we will likely have to download the game types from our recent games.
Now say I want to play a bloomless invasion game type variant, will I have to download them from matchmaking ( if we ever get one ) or once the TU drops 343 will be able to load new gametypes like Bungie did with Chess, Halo Ball...?

The way I understand it, all the options for the TU will be in gametypes, so you will be able to DL gametypes from matchmaking or they can upload the gametypes for users to download.

HiredN00bs said:
Haha, did you get matched with Frenchies, recently watch the movie, or both?

They got cleansed is what happened.

Zeouterlimits said:
As long as it's more a Hammill-esc hate and not Christensen-esc.

lol yeah.

As mad as I get in game once the shit is turned off I'm chill. I get mad at Halo because it's insignificant in the scheme of things. I'm so chill in real life, when internet people meet me they're confused.

ElRenoRaven

Steelyuhas said:
The way I understand it, all the options for the TU will be in gametypes, so you will be able to DL gametypes from matchmaking or they can upload the gametypes for users to download.

They got cleansed is what happened.

I must know who cleanses the cleansers? Need link. lol

Gabotron ES said:
Reposting for new page:

The impression I get is that there will be a Halo Waypoint gamertag with the updated gametypes in its fileshare.

Also, you don't usually need to repost questions like that so quickly in a community thread. Especially since most people use 100 posts per page.

ElRenoRaven

ncsuDuncan said:
The impression I get is that there will be a Halo Waypoint gamertag with the updated gametypes in its fileshare.

Also, you don't usually need to repost questions like that so quickly in a community thread. Especially since most people use 100 posts per page.

At least all us old folks do. Most of the kids refuse to because of their short attention spans. lol

Devolution said:

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! Cleansed indeed. lol

Yea connection accounted for at least 15 points of that 30 deficit. I don't know how much better they would have been than us on say a LAN connection. A lot of my headshots just were ignored.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea connection accounted for at least 15 points of that 30 deficit. I don't know how much better they would have been than us on say a LAN connection. A lot of my headshots just were ignored.

It's all around stupid, made even more frustrating by bloom. I can just tell for sure now how well I'm going to do in a given game based on how my shots register on opponents.

FyreWulff

The Real Napsta said:
Fyrewulf, here is Tombstone and Desolation on the 1.1 update:

http://youtu.be/PYBxYX6ZZw8

You're either a wizard or you installed the AU in a different language than the disc you're playing with, which will cause the AU to be all weird.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=12359

However, before we can release the new maps, we need to release a new auto-update for Halo 2. My sources tell me this is likely happening at some point next week and there could be a small interruption in play while this update is being deployed.

The primary purpose of this update is simply to enable the game to recognize the new content but we’ve also taken the opportunity to enhance some of our existing Banhammer functionality. This will be transparent to our legitimate players but suffice it to say that we’ve got a few new bells and whistles under the hood that should hopefully further combat and deter cheaters and jerks who are still trying to ruin your fun online. They will know immediately that something has changed.

Gabotron ES said:
Download links:
Great work, man. Found my squid helmet pretty easily. :)

Great 1v1 video, too. Eazy has a very sultry voice.

Also managed to get over 15,000 Cr jackpot this morning in Firefight Doubles. so good.

GhaleonEB

JB1981 said:
Why do Soooo many players in this community quit games?! You can't get a full game in! It's so annoying
It's either that or what I had earlier in Premium Battle: Three guys on my team staying behind the one way barriers working on stacking into a tower.

Woorloog

Banned
JB1981 said:
Why do Soooo many players in this community quit games?! You can't get a full game in! It's so annoying
I quit if i play with randoms and they're unbearably crappy. Which is quite often. Which is why i don't play Reach without my friend (as guest, who's good) or GAFers.

And yeah, the game has a lot of quitters... and i think the problem is that the trueskill is not accurate enough and there's not enough incentive to finish the match. And some concrete penalty might useful as well, say -2000cr for quit (or maybe rank-depended amount, if that amount causes you to be demoted, well, too bad)

Woorloog said:
I quit if i play with randoms and they're unbearably crappy. Which is quite often. Which is why i don't play Reach without my friend (as guest, who's good) or GAFers.

And yeah, the game has a lot of quitters... and i think the problem is that the trueskill is not accurate enough and there's not enough incentive to finish the match. And some concrete penalty might useful as well, say -2000cr for quit (or maybe rank-depended amount, if that amount causes you to be demoted, well, too bad)

Future games should just have a white flag option honestly. That way instead of quitting the game can just end. Also giving a penalty to the last person to quit is just wrong.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
JB1981 said:
I just bought the DLC and I'm thinking it was a complete waste o money
Why? You don't like the maps? Or you're sick of quitters?

If it's the latter, I'd say keep at it, and you'll find some cool randoms eventually. Or send HaloGAF folks friend requests, and stop playing with randoms!

Woorloog said:
Hmm.. probably but in many games quitters don't affect the game as much. Say Battlefield. Or CODMW/MW2/BLOPS. In my experience.

Not to mention in drop in/drop out game types it's not as much of a problem since someone new can pop in. When you're down a person in Halo it lasts the whole game.

Tawpgun

Devolution said:
Not to mention in drop in/drop out game types it's not as much of a problem since someone new can pop in. When you're down a person in Halo it lasts the whole game.
Keep that shit away from Halo.

Unless you restrict it to a playlist or something. I'd hate to drop into a losing game.

Trasher

Devolution said:
Yeah looked more to me like fuckin' around on that one to see if he could get away with it. Also where you been, school or something?
Yeah, he was going for a "Metrowned" for the giggles right there.

I've just been working a lot. I'm actually gonna hop on really soon here.

Woorloog

Banned
Devolution said:
Which is why i wouldn't mind Halo being drop in/drop out. (Especially since my first Halo MP experience comes from Halo PC which is drop in/drop out.)
Though arguably that would make Halo less about the team and would make it more casual game... Which is something i don't like.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Unless you restrict it to a playlist or something. I'd hate to drop into a losing game.
Yeah well, that is a problem... Hate this in COD and BF.

A27 Tawpgun said:

Calm the fuck down, I'm not requesting it so much as explaining why quitting in Halo is such a game killer.

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:

I'm with you, but I wouldn't complain if I were able to restrict to via search preferences ("new games only"). Never understood the appeal of dropping into random Halo games where people have already quit.

MrBig

Woorloog said:
Which is why i wouldn't mind Halo being drop in/drop out. (Especially since my first Halo MP experience comes from Halo PC which is drop in/drop out.)
Though arguably that would make Halo less about the team and would make it more casual game... Which is something i don't like.
Server browsers and matchmaking are two entirely different systems. They can co-exist but they can't be compared like that.
All halo needs is a ranked-only matchmaking system and a user hosted/dedicated server browser.

All CoD does is drop you into a random server and that's where the problems you speak of arise. BF3 on the other hand has an actual server browser where you can tailor your search, see current game status, and play exactly what you want to play.

MrBig said:
Server browsers and matchmaking are two entirely different systems. They can co-exist but they can't be compared like that.
All halo needs is a rank-only matchmaking system a user hosted/dedicated server browser.

I seem to recall Halo 3 having less quitters (except for guests which can be remedied easily) because an XP point was lost each game.

Devolution said:
lol.

So does Kyle.

Edit: I envy eazy's situational awareness honestly.
It's always a treat to watch good players play (even with the occasional misstep), and pretend that I can one day achieve such a status.

JB1981

Gears has best solution - someone drops, a bot is added. Someone joins and replace the bot. It should be perfectly acceptable for social matches

Striker

MrBig said:
All halo needs is a ranked-only matchmaking system and a user hosted/dedicated server browser.
I would only welcome playlists from FFA, Slayer, Skirmish, BTB, Double Team, MLG, Snipers, Swat.

Needs nothing else.

Top Bottom