• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

heckfu

Banned
lybertyboy said:
At the very least you're all going to get the chance to meet the leads on this project for the first time. More than that I cannot say.

a tweet AND a post in minutes? insomnia much?

StalkerUKCG said:
Heres hoping for at least a in game screenshot !

Game is still probably very much pre-alpha state. An in-game screenshot at this point would not to the visuals in the game justice.

I'm hoping for a trailer/concept art/some info about the direction they are hoping to achieve with the game.

Deputy Moonman said:
... deleted because i lost my initial motivation to talk about stuff that's been talked about dozens of times.

I agreed with most of it though. My enthusiasm even for the TU is waning. Going through a total malaise at this point.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
lybertyboy said:
At the very least you're all going to get the chance to meet the leads on this project for the first time. More than that I cannot say.
OK cool. Thanks. I'm definitely looking forward to info and stuff on Halo 4. I still can't believe we're getting this game next year. it hasn't hit me yet. I imagine media and info will ramp up right after Anniversary drops. So soon, it's crazy.

TheOddOne

lybertyboy said:
dance.gif

Steelyuhas said:
Game is still probably very much pre-alpha state. An in-game screenshot at this point would not to the visuals in the game justice.

I'm hoping for a trailer/concept art/some info about the direction they are hoping to achieve with the game.

mutliple games are set for a 2012 release date and are pretty far in visual development now, 343 has been working on halo4 for years now id say it likely the have a semi complete build running by this point.

At this point 343 are 4 years old. Thats a potential 4 year dev time already. pre-alpha is pretty crazy to assume at this point.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
lybertyboy said:
Don't leave us in the dark, give us the first letters of each of there first and last names.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Plywood said:
Don't leave us in the dark, give us the first letters of each of there first and last names.
Don't need me for that. They're all in the description for the panel on Halo Waypoint.

StalkerUKCG said:
mutliple games are set for a 2012 release date and are pretty far in visual development now, 343 has been working on halo4 for years now id say it likely the have a semi complete build running by this point.

At this point 343 are 4 years old. Thats a potential 4 year dev time already. pre-alpha is pretty crazy to assume at this point.

Reach was pre-alpha until February I believe.

Either way, I just feel that there are other ways they can show the game at this point in development that would be better to show than screenshots.

Tashi0106 said:
OK cool. Thanks. I'm definitely looking forward to info and stuff on Halo 4. I still can't believe we're getting this game next year. it hasn't hit me yet. I imagine media and info will ramp up right after Anniversary drops. So soon, it's crazy.

E3 2012 is going to be amazing if any of the previous E3's are any indication.

Devolution said:
I agreed with most of it though. My enthusiasm even for the TU is waning. Going through a total malaise at this point.
Haha, thanks. I would like the TU to get here as soon as possible. The upcoming TU is one of the main reasons that I started playing some more Reach. I want to shake off the rust before it comes out. I've been doing mostly Arena games. I like the more competitive feel and lack of certain armor abilities, without the absolute seriousness of MLG.

I love MLG settings. But I wish there was a playlist that mirrored the MLG playlist without the 'this-is-serious-business' expectations. Maybe it's just me, but I go into the playlist and feel a heavy weight of pressure to not suck. MLG is always trying to maintain that classic feel, which I'd think more people would be interested in experiencing. The MLG competitive nature though is obvious a huge deterrent, as it probably should be from a competitive standpoint.

I tried some other playlists out too with unfortunate results. For example... My first BTB game was a CTF game on Hemorrhage. I got blasted by my teammates for capping the 3rd flag because half of my team was trying to get vehicle man-slaughters. And that's fine and dandy, but people should do that kind of stuff with a full party of friends and not expect randoms and anyone else in the group to sit through the game for it.

FyreWulff

Steelyuhas said:

Either way, I just feel that there are other ways they can show the game at this point in development that would be better to show than screenshots.

Which is why I'm just gonna skip the Halo 4 panel. I'm not expecting any sort of "need to be there in person" reveals, can just catch it on IGN later. Also, line clusterfuck

*adds to shopping list*

Steelyuhas said:

Not to be confrontational but i fail to see what that has to do with justa bout anything. This isnt halo reach or bungie. Time scales for development can differ when in a company another company it can differ even more. 343 started up in 07 with certain jobs been handled by sabre interactive and certain affinity i find it hard to think in 4 years all they have is prealpha halo4 and a CE remake. Id say their a fairly large studio aswell judging by what we know.

Borderlands 2 as an example was annouced this very month and thats already got full blown screenshots out. Halo 3 had only 3 years between itself and Halo 2, given the same amount of time id like to think 343 are further along due to being more familiar with current gen systems.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Devolution said:
lolled in real life. If I could I'd send you cookies.
Glad it worked then.

I'd also totally give you my address if you could send me cookies. Then I would record myself eating them as proof. :B

As much as I'd like to get all hyped up about Halo4, I can't even stand waiting for the Reach TU to be released, which is supposed to be sometime during the next 3 months. I'm not sure that I want to be really excited for something that is still around a year away from release.

Best Spartan ever? I think so!
XxDeputyMoonman
XxDeputyMoonman.jpg

ZalinKrow said:
If I owned a copy of it I totally would! :p I'll try and get my hands on it if I can, although I haven't read any of the other books yet either.
I'll hopefully be moving up this Wednesday. COME AT ME BRO
and take the book.

Tashi0106 said:
And poof, I'm not going to Raleigh
:(
Really sorry to hear that. Wanted to see my favourite MLG'er destroy.

this pic

268816e7.jpg

says so much about Reach (not only Reflection) that makes me sad

edit. how does the game manage to hold 150k players every night is mind boggling
I would rather play Halo3 if there was enough people to make the netcode work properly :/ Last time there were spartans warping and teleporting everywhere, i.e. unplayable

Plywood said:
Male Spartans in Reach always look fat to me. :/
I've thought that too. Squatty little pudges imo.

Devolution said:
I've been staying with this one pretty long now.

http://i.imgur.com/tue3Q.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FyreWulff][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mqnOt.png[IMG]

My goal is to have the most lopsided Spartan ever.

I need to find another helmet with attachments on the left side.[/QUOTE]
You guys are both using the blocky knee pads!
[QUOTE=Ken]Reminds me of my friend's Spartan.

*digs through Recent Screenshots*

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NobodyHome/28501aed.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NobodyHome/268816e7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That helmet is the only helm that really appeals to my tastes. If I ever get ranked up enough, I might switch to the Security helmet, but it's just not the same as the one in Halo3.

Been away all weekend, nice to come back and catch up on everything.

@Tashi - Sorry to hear about your team-mates. You're better off without them! The jerks.

Only 4 days until Halofest.

My body is ready.

Gui_PT

ZalinKrow said:
Sweet Home Alabama? Haha :p

Oh God.

Schnitzel in ze poopah

Weekly: "Best Served Cold" Take your Revenge on 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking. - 7,777cR

No thanks.

Edit: Beaten.

Devolution said:
Couldn't play on a non-laggy connection later tonight it seems. Not helping my current depressed attitude towards this game for sure.
Just take a break dawg. Get a good single player game and log several hours in that then come back. Always works for me when I'm not feeling the Haloz.

Plywood said:
Male Spartans in Reach always look fat to me. :/
Your concept of fat is totally skewed.

Nice comic edit btw.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't understand why Reflection plays, as far as i recall, differently from Ivory Tower?
Even without armor abilities. Are the spawns different? Is it too large?
Loved Ivory Tower, despise Reflection as it is.

A bit late, but that sucks for you Tashi, I hope you'll get trhough it.

I'm having a similair problem with my hockey team, 2 guys are leaving my team for another one because they think they could do better there. We've been one team for 4 years and now, they are leaving like it's nothing.

Tha Robbertster said:
A bit late, but that sucks for you Tashi, I hope you'll get trhough it.

I'm having a similair problem with my hockey team, 2 guys are leaving my team for another one because they think they could do better there. We've been one team for 4 years and now, they are leaving like it's nothing.

This is too you and tashi, If your having quiters late in the game when your an established team they obviously dont care enough about the activity and/or friendship to be worth your time and effort.

I thought Lybertyboy said this weekly was going to be tweaked? But havn't we seen this challenge before with exactly the same payoff? Or was I mistaken?

Woorloog

Banned
ElzarTheBam said:
I thought Lybertyboy said this weekly was going to be tweaked? But havn't we seen this challenge before with exactly the same payoff? Or was I mistaken?
You're not mistaken.
Me, i'm not doing this one. Not enough enough credits for quite luck dependent challenge.
Besides, i won't be playing this week from tomorrow till Friday...

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
ElzarTheBam said:
That's because it was supposed to be. Looking into this.

Top Bottom