• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

heckfu said:
it's ok. i may have had host and was torrenting so i fucked everyone hard.

Nah, that's probably not it. I have CLEAR wireless internet, and it likes to fuck up a lot, especially at night.

EDIT: I think I misread your post. Whatev.

FyreWulff

Please be a short weekly.

The Forge tournament doesn't make any more sense! I'll still be probably running so I can get in it, though.

PNut

Banned
Thread moves too fast for me. Sorry to hear about your Raleigh plans Tashi. That sucks man.

Watched the 1v1 with EazyB and Starwolf and couldn't stop laughing. Starwolf why'd you pick Asylum for the second game? You could of wrecked him on Countdown with TD's settings.

Any Juniors want to 1v1 some time? Lol, I think it would be fun.

FyreWulff

PNut said:
Thread moves too fast for me. Sorry to hear about your Raleigh plans Tashi. That sucks man.

Watched the 1v1 with EazyB and Starwolf and couldn't stop laughing. Starwolf why'd you pick Asylum for the second game? You could of wrecked him on Countdown with TD's settings.

Any Juniors want to 1v1 some time? Lol, I think it would be fun.

V5aZUl.jpg

That sucks Tashi, I think my bf tried to get some people together back in his H2 mlg days but it never panned out as well, mostly due to similar reasons. Then he just stuck to FFAs. Some of the mlg crowd are pretty fickle and selfish though, I'm sorry.

Blinding

Devolution said:
Some of the mlg crowd are pretty fickle and selfish though, I'm sorry.

Yeah, but, and not to speak for Tashi, I'd rather have teammates with doubts back out then go to an event with them and have that effect us negatively, you know? If half of your team isn't fully committed then why bother?

Blinding said:
Yeah, but, and not to speak for Tashi, I'd rather have teammates with doubts back out then go to an event with them and have that effect us negatively, you know? If half of your team isn't fully committed then why bother?

They didn't just have doubts though, they left him high and dry and ran off with other players.

heckfu

Banned
Blinding said:

i guess you can be the first to help reimburse him for lost funds.

edit: that came off as super douchey, not my intention, but the fact remains. i'd rather have the opportunity than to just lose everything and feel like shit.

Blinding

Devolution said:
They didn't just have doubts though, they left him high and dry and ran off with other players.

Tashi said he could sense that one of them was going to leave at the first opportunity, plus to ditch a team like that last minutes means you must have had doubts, especially if they left for Elitest.

Edit: Oh no, the funds thing completely blows, and it's just unfortunate that it happened this close to the event, but had it happened earlier it could've been a blessing in disguise.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Blinding said:
You would think I would feel the same way but when it happens and I end up having to cancel plans entirely, it hurts man. Just a crazy rollercoaster ride. I will say though, our team sucked lol. Orlandooooooooooo lol shit man

And thanks everyone for the kind words <3

Blinding said:
Tashi said he could sense that one of them was going to leave at the first opportunity, plus to ditch a team like that last minutes means you must have had doubts, especially if they left for Elitest.

Edit: Oh no, the funds thing completely blows, and it's just unfortunate that it happened this close to the event, but had it happened earlier it could've been a blessing in disguise.

Not really sure how, they could have played poorly? Well he'd still have a team and be playing. And the funds wouldn't be wasted.

Also whatever bro, they didn't like my crest. Fuck 'em. Lol now i'm just being a bitch.

heckfu said:
i guess you can be the first to help reimburse him for lost funds.

edit: that came off as super douchey, not my intention, but the fact remains. i'd rather have the opportunity than to just lose everything and feel like shit.
forget that, how much do we need to raise to send him to PAX?

Blinding

Tashi0106 said:
You would think I would feel the same way but when it happens and I end up having to cancel plans entirely, it hurts man.

Oh I know, the kids I was teaming with for Raleigh pulled some shady shit and just left out of nowhere about a week ago, and I figured that short time frame of practice just wasn't worth dropping $280 on the pass and god knows how much for travel+hotel so I said fuck it. Sucks too because I have family and friends down there that I had plans on meeting up with, some that I haven't seen in 3+ years, but that's how things go sometimes.

Not really sure how, they could have played poorly? Well he'd still have a team and be playing. And the funds wouldn't be wasted.

Well yeah, just playing isn't, at least to me, enough justification for dropping that much money for a gaming tournament. I go to compete and to do the absolute best that I can and hopefully get recognized for it, and if I had gone to an event with team mates that were having doubts beforehand and end up missing the mark because of that, I'd be pissed and consider the $280 for the team pass a waste. That's just me though.

Edit: Tashi, if it makes you feel any better, Glyde is getting a lot of neg rep in the open thread.

Damn, so bummed to hear about your unfortunate turn of events Tashi :( If anyone was deserving of a free Pax pass it would be you.

Letter's puppy is so ready for that TU

Hypertrooper said:
Start reading Halo: Cryptum... :p
I bought a copy of it months ago when the large Borders nearby was closing, but never committed myself to sit down and read it...too much Reach, lol.

But tonight, on a whim, I downloaded the Audible Android app and signed up for their subscription service (for the 2nd time, I did it once before years ago), which is free for the first month and gets you one credit for an audiobook (it would have cost $27.99 to purchase it--no thanks!) and listened to half of it on my drive home from my mother-in-law's place in Pennsylvania. I'm loving it, completely immersed--this book is a trip.

Ramirez

Playing 1 Flag on Pinnacle, our rando drops, and then to top it off, we manage to get the flag a few feet from the cap spot when it's 4 v 3, two of their guys are waiting there. What happens? A guy on their team spawns on the cap spot, stunning.

I see on Twitter that Pre Reg. for the tourney is up, 4v4 slayer. I know me, eazy, blood, and nutter will probably do it. It just donned on me that since MLG Raleigh is this weekend, there might not actually be any really good people there like the one in 08. >.>

Tashi0106 said:
Amish Acorns and Elitest

I thought Amish Acorns was on Final Boss with FiS, Hysteria, and Victory?

Edit: Oh the dude is named Touch My Acorns... different guy from Amish Acorns. Just seen the open thread. Some people are upset over this team change as well.

Blinding

KidA Seven said:
I thought Amish Acorns was on Final Boss with FiS, Hysteria, and Victory?

I actually looked, it's not Amish Acorns, it's some kid named Touch My Acorns. Amish is still listed as being on the FB roster in the Pro Thread, so yeah.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
Playing 1 Flag on Pinnacle, our rando drops, and then to top it off, we manage to get the flag a few feet from the cap spot when it's 4 v 3, two of their guys are waiting there. What happens? A guy on their team spawns on the cap spot, stunning.

I see on Twitter that Pre Reg. for the tourney is up, 4v4 slayer. I know me, eazy, blood, and nutter will probably do it. It just donned on me that since MLG Raleigh is this weekend, there might not actually be any really good people there like the one in 08. >.>
9y8zZ.png

"So you're telling me there's a chance"

FyreWulff said:
I found the post I was remembering:

http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive24.pl?read=697604

It's one of the few cut weapons we know about that existed in Halo 2 at some point. Could be it, could be something else completely. Would probably have to find a beta campaign build of Halo 2 though, and most of the leaks i've seen are all multiplayer.

If the bumps on that gun are supposed to be a cluster of grenades though, it could also be the Sentinel RPG that Djorkan theorizes about here

Awesome Barlow said:
I have heard it referred to as the disrupter before, take from that what you will.

I believe it was supposed to have been used on vehicles.

Haha a very nice person has enlightened me a little bit about the beta. Turns out we were both wrong the gun is called the disintegrator. Sounds like a Brute weapon to me.

Xaeinovis

Neo Member
GhaleonEB said:
Add me to the folks wanting to be able to play without my team having guests in them. I get that Halo is a social game at many levels, but I should have some level of control over who I get to play with. Because games like this are infuriating.

Games like that are one reason why I spend so much time in Firefight, where when the other guy drops, it's a blessing.

Well, at least one of those two awful players is a fan of 'Breaking Bad.'

I guess that's something... right? =/

FyreWulff

Awesome Barlow said:
Haha a very nice person has enlightened me a little bit about the beta. Turns out we were both wrong the gun is called the disintegrator. Sounds like a Brute weapon to me.

Hrmm. Interesting.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Do we know what Halo 4 info we're getting? Obviously no one knows exactly, buuuuuuuut maybe a trailer? Idk, any info?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Tashi0106 said:
Do we know what Halo 4 info we're getting? Obviously no one knows exactly, buuuuuuuut maybe a trailer? Idk, any info?
At the very least you're all going to get the chance to meet the leads on this project for the first time. More than that I cannot say.

Top Bottom