• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

So we're posting speedtests now huh.

107ping across the US isn't too bad, not what FiOS used to be though. Expanding too quickly perhaps, heard signs of them shutting down in places too.

Anyways who do I have to 1v1. LETS FUCKING DO THIS.!

Also super disappointed in this weekly. Thought we were going to get a CREDIT CHARGED weekly.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
1445285371.png

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
I'm wondering, do you feel embarrassed each time you die in Halo?

lol no. People do love playing with me though because on my host, shots register nice.

Juices, that NJ server was just the closest, that's why I picked it. Here's my cross country test.

1445299014.png

My closest server is Ontario which deals with going across the border which deals with more hops. My next closest Rochester is so congested I get worse ping than across the country lol. I can't really get an accuracte ~50 mile reading but I hope its somewhere near your 7 lol.

Also some servers are capping my bandwidth I'll only get 10 download from certain places.

Louis Wu

My HaloGAF shirt came today, just in time (I leave for Seattle tomorrow; I've got stuff to do before PAX).

I bought the purple version of Letters' shirt (third from the left on this page) - I'm disappointed. No design on the back at all. :( I guess I can't BELI343.

Otherwise, though, the shirt's fine. I'll be rockin' it at PAX. :)

So I thought I was going to be lanning Halo CE tonight, but it got moved to tomorrow night. That means I'll have plenty of time for Halo 3 tonight. Anyone down?

GhaleonEB

Awesome Barlow said:
One Bomb Assault on Spire. Really?
It's that the mode that doesn't even use the spire, just the rocks and the little building on the ground? It reminds me of Boneyards set up, which ignores the entire ship.

cory021

Neo Member
GhaleonEB said:
It's that the mode that doesn't even use the spire, just the rocks and the little building on the ground? It reminds me of Boneyards set up, which ignores the entire ship.
Onesided games on Spire should have had the attackers and defenders spawns similar to Invasion's 2nd and 3rd phase, and the objective should in the vehicle hallway that goes right under the spire. Put a banshee on top of the spire so there is incentive to go up there. The return point would be back between the territories in phase 1.

Tashi0106 said:
Yea u mad lol

Have we scientifically and factually proven what causes shots to be eaten?
I don't know, but I'm still leaning on host bullshit. We had a game last night where it took upwards of 8 shots for shields to break, and no amount of headshots killed. I saved the film, I'll see if there are any good examples in it.

Woorloog

Banned
cory021 said:
Onesided games on Spire should have had the attackers and defenders spawns similar to Invasion's 2nd and 3rd phase, and the objective should in the vehicle hallway that goes right under the spire. Put a banshee on top of the spire so there is incentive to go up there. The return point would be back between the territories in phase 1.
I have a better idea. Put the attacker base to TOP of the spire. And the Defenders should be at the river.
Well at least for One Flag games...

cory021

Neo Member
Woorloog said:
I have a better idea. Put the attacker base to TOP of the spire. And the Defenders should be at the river.
Well at least for One Flag games...
That... is actually a cool idea. Although I wouldn't spawn the attackers on the Spire, but it would be an awesome place to have the return point. You could even do what Avalanche did for 1 sided games and put Covenant vehicles on the attacker's side and human vehicles at the defender's side. Kind of like reverse Invasion.

feel

Louis Wu said:
My HaloGAF shirt came today, just in time (I leave for Seattle tomorrow; I've got stuff to do before PAX).

I bought the purple version of Letters' shirt (third from the left on this page) - I'm disappointed. No design on the back at all. :( I guess I can't BELI343.

This makes me sad. Now that I think about it, none of the guys who have their shirts have said anything about the back part, did anyone's come the BELI343 on the back?? Ram? Domino? I know the europe store doesn't show it as having a back part and EviLore hasn't given a shit about fixing it as much as I've requested it, but it should be there for the US version at least, as displayed on that store. So uncool that some of the shirts will have it and others not (at this point I'm hoping none have it just so you all look the same).. bah, what a mess this shirt store thing has been for halogaf.. :(

Glad you still liked the shirt. Thanks.

Woorloog

Banned
cory021 said:
That... is actually a cool idea. Although I wouldn't spawn the attackers on the Spire, but it would be an awesome place to have the return point. You could even do what Avalanche did for 1 sided games and put Covenant vehicles on the attacker's side and human vehicles at the defender's side. Kind of like reverse Invasion.
Good points. Too bad i'm away till Friday and can't Forge and test this and have it played in Customs this week.. and then there's PAX/HaloFest...

Louis Wu said:

We are in the same boat sir! I'm washing my t-shirt right now.

Other question: Anyone arrives on Wednesday? I don't really have stuff to do on this day, so I would hangout with some GAF guys, but I think the most of you will come Thursday. :/

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
We are in the same boat sir! I'm washing my t-shirt right now.

Other question: Anyone arrives on Wednesday? I don't really have stuff to do on this day, so I would hangout with some GAF guys, but I think the most of you will come Thursday. :/
I'll be in the area and might be able to do a late-night meeting Thursday night, but nothing major. You might be on your own Wednesday, but Seattle is a great town and you'll fine a lot to do.

I'm going to be in town with my wife and kids Thursday night, staying a short ways outside of Seattle. Friday morning and am making a straight line for the CEA panel at 8:00.

Letters said:
This makes me sad. Now that I think about it, none of the guys who have their shirts have said anything about the back part, did anyone's come the BELI343 on the back?? Ram? Domino? I know the europe store doesn't show it as having a back part and EviLore hasn't given a shit about fixing it as much as I've requested it, but it should be there for the US version at least, as displayed on that store. So uncool that some of the shirts will have it and others not (at this point I'm hoping none have it just so you all look the same).. bah, what a mess this shirt store thing has been for halogaf.. :(

Glad you still liked the shirt. Thanks.

How did you go about making that shirt?

GhaleonEB said:
I'll be in the area and might be able to do a late-night meeting Thursday night, but nothing major. You might be on your own Wednesday, but Seattle is a great town and you'll fine a lot to do.

I'm going to be in town with my wife and kids Thursday night, staying a short ways outside of Seattle. Friday morning and am making a straight line for the CEA panel at 8:00.
I guess I'm going to visit the Science Fiction museum with the Avatar exhibition. Damn. I hope the Airport security lets me into the USA...

Gui_PT

Why in the hell would you play customs to camp with Evade and power weapons?

I don't think I've ever been this angry :lol

If someone wants to actually play the game, please invite me.

Gui_PT said:

Rageeee! Lol, anyway had some decent customs, that game on condemned and of course jump.

Also can't wait for some decent btb maps to be on this game! Come in anniversary!

Sai-kun

Banned
Gui_PT said:

Couple with idiots who were still Elites after like 3 games.

tumblr_lpspod5k121qcgl1no1_500.gif

jerpie said:

Okay I knew this connection was fast but wasn't expecting these results.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAY

Edit: Being locally connected to an actual speedtest host doesn't count. No way you're getting 3ms on an external network!

Sai-kun said:
Couple with idiots who were still Elites after like 3 games.

tumblr_lpspod5k121qcgl1no1_500.gif
Yep. And one of them were a GAFFER! But I ain't telling the Nickname :^P

jerpie said:

Okay I knew this connection was fast but wasn't expecting these results.
Crap. I'm so jealous. SO JEALOUS! I hope I'll live in the USA sometimes...

Hypertrooper said:
Crap. I'm so jealous. SO JEALOUS! I hope I'll live in the USA sometimes...

Uh, hate to burst your bubble but it isn't like that everywhere. In fact most places are fucked by ISPs having monopolies in various areas and offering piss poor deals.

jerpie

Neo Member
BackdoorBeauty said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAY

Edit: Being locally connected to an actual speedtest host doesn't count. No way you're getting 3ms on an external network!

Coast to coast is not nearly as impressive. :(

Top Bottom