• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Dax01 said:
Uh. I was under the impression that the Anniversary thread will be for campaign and the Reach threads will continue (OT7 or OT8 should be up by then) for MP discussion.
CE:A OT=Campaign, Terminals and Multiplayer discussion(because the Multiplayer is part of the game)
I think the thread will be active for a few months and then we all will head back to Reach OT7.

Booshka said:
People seem to forget that California has the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range.

And the people who live up there are tough. They get snowed in. And the plows don't go everywhere.

Kind of freaky though how a bunch of old quake zones are rumblin'. I just really don't want the "big one" here in my lifetime. My first memory is of Loma and considering the size we're lucky it didn't do more damage and kill more people.

Booshka

LOL at the confusion over CEA now bleeding into creating threads on GAF.

We wouldn't have this problem if there was Halo CE MP in the remake.

Booshka said:
LOL at the confusion over CEA now bleeding into creating threads on GAF.

We wouldn't have this problem if there was Halo CE MP in the remake.

I dunno about other people but I'm still going to talk about it in here, since I'd rather talk with fellow HaloGAFFers than general gaming side. =/

My two cents is to keep anything related to multiplayer that isn't Halo 4 in here, and talk about CEA campaign somewhere else. Or here. I don't care.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
Uh. I was under the impression that the Anniversary thread will be for campaign and the Reach threads will continue (OT7 or OT8 should be up by then) for MP discussion.

Agreed. This is the natural way.

Tunavi said:
Nerfed grenades, no armor abilities, and no bloom. What will we complain about in CEA?

THIS GAME SUCKS!!! What the hell are these nades!?? They are a joke! Arent nades supposed to kill people? These things leave like grazes. What the hell where 343 thinking!??

Also, why the hell did I just pay full price for a game that doesnt even have as many features as the last game? I cant use jetpack or sprint anymore? Worst of all I cant armour lock, what the hell is up with this the gameplay is just so damn boring when I cant protect myself to make it more interesting.

They also need to do something to make these weapons more realistic, I feel like im playing a game from the 80's or something, we need recoil or that stuff from Call of Duty where bullets go random directions sometimes.

Game sucks. 343 ruined halo. :(

/sarcasm
This will probably be a real post on the 343 forums one day lol

Im still wondering if I should buy CEA full price. As a personal rule I avoid games which are mostly single player centric, they always seem to drop in price within a month or two. hmm.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
The 3DS really isn't that amazing, such a boneheaded buy for me.

I'll wait for DE:HR to drop in price, tired of buying games/systems and then they're half price in a matter of a few weeks. :|

Blood, why do you like Uncharted's terribly unsatisfying gunplay compared to Gears? I really don't get it.
We're big Ocarina of Time fans too. Also, I adore Star Fox 64 and the games coming this fall look exciting. I really don't play anything other than Halo on my Xbox so another console will let me play some other stuff lol. Especially with Orlando less than 2 months away, the Xbox is a Halo machine.

And yea the massive hard on for Uncharted is beyond me. Gameplay is clumsy as hell.

Tunavi said:
You may have meant the question differently to how I interpreted it, but basically, we'll find stuff, don't worry.
As well we should, always strive for better, I'm just tired, and the idea of future Halo arguments that get out of hand was not a pleasant thought.

Karl2177 said:
The game is tied at 2-2. Gamestop thought the game was over. You took their flag at the cost of 40 respawns, but for three days they thought the game was over, the flag about to be capped. It never was. You're standing at the top of the hill teabagging with the flag, while they are stuck with ARs. Then suddenly you send them a message and say "lol fuck you. imma objective hold while you lose a profit. at the last second i'll cap for the win while i accumulate more money than i had when i stole the flag from you." You're objective holding in real life.
Ugh, I'll take jelyk's short, quasi-clever quips any day over this long-winded travesty.

If you wanna save 10 bucks (+ tax) and have the game at midnight, feel free to suspend your Gamestop honor, lol.

Ramirez

HiredN00bs said:
Ugh, I'll take jelyk's short, quasi-clever quips any day over this long-winded travesty.

If you wanna save 10 buck and have the game at midnight, feel free to suspend your "Gamestop honor", lol.

It's just funny that you cry about people ruining a videogame, but you have no problem doing something shady in real life, lol.

Not that I wouldn't do it as well, but ya know.

Ramirez said:
It's just funny that you cry about people ruining a videogame, but you have no problem doing something shady in real life, lol.
It really isn't that shady--to the contrary, I'm openly sharing it. Gamestop gets their product back in mint condition, and I get my money. My transactions are quick and painless, shorter than a game of you and your friends griefing.

What's funny is that you guys still have your panties bunched up over being called out.

HiredN00bs said:
It really isn't that shady--to the contrary, I'm openly sharing it. Gamestop gets their product back in mint condition, and I get my money. My transactions are quick and painless, shorter than a game of you and your friends griefing.

What's funny is that you guys still have your panties bunched up over being called out.
I think it's funnier that you think we care about being "called out."

GhaleonEB

HiredN00bs said:

Um...you're advocating abusing a company return policy for your own gain. You're the one being defensive about being called out in this instance. It is shady/questionable morals, etc.

MrBig

You people and your crazy long games list, spending so much money

CEA
BF3
XBL
H4 (maybe)

Total is $210 for the next two years if I get H4. But then the year after that is likely to be the release of the next gen consoles :(

GhaleonEB said:
Um...you're advocating abusing a company return policy for your own gain. You're the one being defensive about being called out in this instance. It is shady/questionable morals, etc.
I'm not stealing from anyone. I'm taking advantage of their policy. The only argument you could make for it being unethical is that it takes time and money to process a sale and a return that needn't take place, but these transactions take place all the time, and it's not even something you can truly account for as a business.

Tashi0106 said:
Oh come on drop this fuckin shit now.
lol

HiredN00bs said:
It's always circles with you. It's constantly brought up by other people, so obviously they care.
They don't care about being "called out." They think it's funny that you care. And you keep caring. Also, people joke with each other. It's part of being a human.

and they're not blind to the hypocrisy of you ranting about taking advantage of a system for your own gain, and then advocating taking advantage of another system.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:

He's right. In this instance you're in the wrong on this. You are abusing their system and it's wrong. Just as wrong as what some here do in Halo.

thezerofire said:
They don't care about being "called out." They think it's funny that you care. And you keep caring. Also, people joke with each other. It's part of being a human.

and they're not blind to the hypocrisy of you ranting about taking advantage of a system for your own gain, and then advocating taking advantage of another system.
It certainly is interesting to draw a comparison. They tried to justify their griefing by citing that the system allows it, and this is a statement I made about taking advantage of the return policy. The fact that the system allows it cannot be an ethical defense for behavior, good point.

I'm still going to do it. And you're still going to do it. So I guess Tashi is the only right one here.

Tunavi said:
ugh every time n00bs posts theres some sort of drama...

He is the quintessential "drama queen king" in this thread it seems. I'd talk about how we all need to ignore him but I've entertained his bullshit more than my fair share of times =/.

Devolution said:
He is the quintessential "drama queen king" in this thread it seems. I'd talk about how we all need to ignore him but I've entertained his bullshit more than my fair share of times =/.
And I likewise. Ultimately, the board is more interesting when you can see all the conversations going on, in my opinion.

Karl2177

HiredN00bs said:
It certainly is interesting to draw a comparison. They tried to justify their griefing by citing that the system allows it, and this is a statement I made about taking advantage of the return policy. The fact that the system allows it cannot be an ethical defense for behavior, good point.

I'm still going to do it. And you're still going to do it. So I guess Tashi is the only right one here.
But their end goal is to have it fixed for a more competitive and fun environment. Your end goal is to rip off someone.

Devolution said:
In a couple pages it will start up again. =/
No. I'll bring it back immediately.

ElRenoRaven

Karl2177 said:
But their end goal is to have it fixed for a more competitive and fun environment. Your end goal is to rip off someone.

No. I'll bring it back immediately.

lol. Oh boy I can't wait to get back from swimming and see where this goes.

Karl2177 said:
Technically there isn't anything illegal about it. No one is getting hurt. It's shady but that's about all.

senador

Banned
thezerofire said:
maybe spawns and guests, unless 343 goes Full Jesus and redeems everything

Yeah these.

We really don't know what 4 will be like though. It could have the same or even new and different problems.

Top Bottom