• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

As of this very second.

Super Meat Boy Rare Edition
Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition
Gears of war 3 Epic Edtion
Forza 4 Limited Edition
Batman Arkham City Limited Edition
Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi Limited Edition
Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Physical Warfare Pack
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Limited Edtion
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (Controller Limited Edition?)
Saints Row The Third Professor Genki Edition
Assassins Creed Revelations Animus Edition
Star Wars The Old Republic Limited Edition
Tekken Hybrid
God Of War Collection Volume 2 (might wait for rumoured ultimate pack)
Sonic Generations

To fill up my back log

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
Tekken 6
Bioshock 2
Dead Space 2
Darksiders

Next Year

Mass Effect 3 Limited Edition
Street Fighter X Tekken Vita and 360
Playstation Vita
Halo 4 Legendary Edition

neoism

wwm0nkey said:
Dead island
Battlefield 3
Uncharted 3
Skyrim (get that for free)
Halo CEA

Thinking about getting War Hammer 40k Space Marine after playing the demo.
BF 3
Uncharted 3
Skyrim
Halo CEA
Zelda
one 1 months time :(

FUCK ME Why do they have to release every game at once. :/

Ken

Tha Robbertster said:
What upcoming games are you guys gonna buy?

For the rest of the year:

SF: Third Strike Online Edition
Gears 3
Senran Kagura
Grand Knights History
Tales of Abyss 3DS
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
MW3
Halo: CEA
Dark Souls
Skyrim
Fate/Extra

Picked up Deus Ex: HR yesterday already, which is great.

Dax01 said:
Dude, that is way too many games. How do you handle it all?

"As of this second" seems more like a "list every game with an expensive ultra super rare limited edition" list, at least to me, so it'd surprise me if he did follow through and grab every game on that list.

feel

Tunavi said:
Nerfed grenades, no armor abilities, and no bloom. What will we complain about in CEA?
Half-assed Kinect implementation.

vv this is really amazing. Breathtaking! And at that point in the campaign I still honestly thought I was about to play one of the best videogame levels ever... it ended up being so bad :(

neoism

HiredN00bs said:
Have a CE OT for the campaign, and a Reach OT for the multiplayer, so as to not split up the community...hmmmmmm.
fuck that... CEA OT will be on the gaming side.. no thanks. I wish we would just have one Halo thread for everything Halo related

Dax01 said:
Dude, that is way too many games. How do you handle it all?

Its the spacing, some are obviously longer games Skyrim, Deus ex but things like Batman and Gears ill finish in one sitting so batman gets shleved after that, gears multiplayer and horde can be sidelined to after other campaigns and completed.

I break it down

1 day campaigns with good multiplayer (gears, mw3 bf3 ect)
Long games with no multiplayer (, skyrim, deus ex ect )
Pick up and play games (dragonball, forza)
MMO's
Games Im heavily invested in MP (Halo)

1 day campaigns ill get done and then go back to multiplayer for a change of pace/rainy day

Long Games with no MP ill play with pauses in between unless im really into it then its multi days playing without it leaving console till im finished

Pick up and play games ill play on and off as a break from the more story intensive games

MMO's i have to be in the mood for and ill buy a month and burn myself out in 3-4 days of mass playing

Games im heavily invested in are the achilles heel of the system because ill often choose to play it over some other games hence the large backlog i have. ( see link below)

Backlog

thezerofire said:
is there a reason we don't do that? HaloGaf Official Discussion?

HaloGAF Official Discussion |OT1| This installation is one of many

DO ET

thezerofire said:
is there a reason we don't do that? HaloGaf Official Discussion?
I don't think that's 'allowed'.

Though it would make the most sense... One huge thread for general discussion and then when big news hits make a post about it in Gaming.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Letters said:
Half-assed Kinect implementation.

m3F3D.png

Devin Olsen said:
I don't think that's 'allowed'.

Though it would make the most sense... One huge thread for general discussion and then when big news hits make a post about it in Gaming.
There's a thread for the My Little Pony people and one for all of Britain so I don't think it's that big of a deal

feel

OWV's trolls are always several layers deep and end up trolling everyone and everything simultaneously. He got it down to an art form.

StalkerUKCG said:
HaloGAF Official Discussion |OT1| This installation is one of many

DO ET
I like this, it has been mentioned several times in the past and we never made the switch, I vote that after CEA comes out we rename the thread HaloGAF |OT| with the subtitle mentioning the titles being currently discussed. New news threads will still always show up in Gaming properly titled so I don't see why the catch all Halo thread in the Community section needs to have the name of a disc that is not the latest to come out, possibly alienating people who are interested in the franchise but don't care about Reach in particular.

Letters said:
I like this, it has been mentioned several times in the past and we never made the switch, I vote that after CEA comes out we rename the thread HaloGAF |OT| with the subtitle mentioning the titles being currently discussed. New news threads will still always show up in Gaming properly titled so I don't see why the catch all Halo thread needs to have the name of a disc that is not the latest to come out, possibly alienating people who are interested in the franchise but don't care about Reach in particular.
I also vote for this. Truth be told though it is no different than what we are doing right now. This is a Reach thread but we honestly discuss anything and everything Halo.

Letters said:
I like this, it has been mentioned several times in the past and we never made the switch, I vote that after CEA comes out we rename the thread HaloGAF |OT| with the subtitle mentioning the titles being currently discussed. New news threads will still always show up in Gaming properly titled so I don't see why the catch all Halo thread needs to have the name of a disc that is not the latest to come out, possibly alienating people who are interested in the franchise but don't care about Reach in particular.

Nailed it!

Ghaleon have you ever brought the issue up with the mods. It does make a LOT more sense to have a HaloGaf general thread with offshoots for new news in the gaming section the best thing is, thats basically how it works now but it would just be a lot clearer for people who dont visit Halogaf much, like you said.

Devin Olsen said:
I also vote for this. Truth be told though it is no different than what we are doing right now. This is a Reach thread but we honestly discuss anything and everything Halo.

Yeah honestly I was wondering what the fuck people were talking about like this isn't a general all purpose thread already.

Devolution said:
Oh wow really? Haha. Ugh.
Im really really really confused how its going to work, its very likely not to control the gameplay and i cant see it adding a feature controller users would be blocked from so..

Not looking forward to it anyway, prove me wrong frankles.

feel

Crossing my fingers it's voice navigation in the menu, a dumb minigame in the Extras section

or during terminals:
1zpsn53.jpg

I would kill for it to be something unexpectedly cool that would have all of the proud anti-Kinect brigade on halogaf reluctantly buying the device just for it.

I think HaloGAF OT1 is a good idea. We are talking about a lot of different stuff like "how do you look like", "where do you live" etc. We talk about every Halo game/book etc.

Gui_PT said:
Good games. Lots of fun as usual

Have a nice flight tomorrow Hyper.
thank you sir. And just for you: FU**.

I agree an "All things Halo OT" would be great as that is what these mega threads turn into anyways. We can keep game OTs big and special, but on the gaming side so everyone can join the fun and have it pertain more specifically to that game. There will be some cross over, but probably nothing bad.

Btw, in OXM there is an ad for the Halo 10 year anniversary, and it shows MCs face split down the middle, one side CE the other CEA. I really want a poster of this. Badly.

Karl2177 said:
:lol General. The only reason (aside from the TU) that I still play is armor. Security helmet looks sweet with the last attachment.

I love the general rank look, I want it back. I have some shitty silver skull and leaves.

wwm0nkey said:
0d636ea82511b6b0bfbe126988de9827.png

Early November = me sad :(

fudge.

Top Bottom