• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

HiredN00bs said:
@ work in Laurel, MD. I'm in a fairly large building and the whole thing did shake. First one for me as well...scary shit.
Earthquakes on the East Coast and in Colorado, Texas is under severe drought warnings, big hurricane making it's way to Florida, Will and Jada separating...

...can we push the release date of CEA up a little bit before the world ends?

For me day 1 purchases are:
CEA
Battlefield
Gears

I think I'll be getting BF3 for PC and will get it for the 360 when its on sale. Will the preorder exclusive map pack be DLC?

wwm0nkey said:
If you dont have a ipod or ipad you can :)

(seriously WP7 and Android support please!)
iPad only. Bungie lets the Developer decide on which platform the game comes out. And I don't think that Harebrained Schemes will port the title to android or WP7. Btw. why seriously? That is the first Areospace project.

Awesome Barlow said:
For me day 1 purchases are:
CEA
Battlefield
Gears

I think I'll be getting BF3 for PC and will get it for the 360 when its on sale. Will the preorder exclusive map pack be DLC?

The Back to Karkland DLC? If that's what you mean then yes, it will be DLC.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Captain Blood said:
Uncharted 3, Arkham City, BF3, and CEA. I am sure I will end up getting gears but my hype level for that game is at about zero. I had more fun in the Uncharted beta than the Gears beta.....come at me!
nv8ocg.gif

Karl2177

HiredN00bs said:
Explain.

It's certainly taking advantage of Gamestop, but it's not like I'm standing at the register, holding the money, but refusing to hand it to the cashier.
The game is tied at 2-2. Gamestop thought the game was over. You took their flag at the cost of 40 respawns, but for three days they thought the game was over, the flag about to be capped. It never was. You're standing at the top of the hill teabagging with the flag, while they are stuck with ARs. Then suddenly you send them a message and say "lol fuck you. imma objective hold while you lose a profit. at the last second i'll cap for the win while i accumulate more money than i had when i stole the flag from you." You're objective holding in real life.

senador

Banned
Karl2177 said:
The game is tied at 2-2. Gamestop thought the game was over. You took their flag at the cost of 40 respawns, but for three days they thought the game was over, the flag about to be capped. It never was. You're standing at the top of the hill teabagging with the flag, while they are stuck with ARs. Then suddenly you send them a message and say "lol fuck you. imma objective hold while you lose a profit. at the last second i'll cap for the win while i accumulate more money than i had when i stole the flag from you." You're objective holding in real life.

Have you no Halo honor?!

Tunavi

Banned
I have $20 of Amazon credit, Amazon will give me $10 of credit for pre-ordering, so I like to tell myself I am getting CEA for $10

Actually, If I get BF3 with credit, I'll get CEA for free.

Out of sheer curiosity is the Halofest stuff going to be uploaded on HaloWaypoint? I think someone already said it was but since im not going to be at a computer all weekend im hoping all the interesting stuff is archived to watch later?

That HBO intro is pretty sweet by the way.

I notice people are talking about playing Halo PC, im up for that but my pc is currently wireless :/

The Real Napsta said:
Does anyone want to explain to me why we can't use the callsigns "Dave" or "Cody" anymore in Halo: Reach?
Ew that is dirty.

I have no clue why, I don't see how that could be taken the wrong way

Off-topic and completely self-serving: Dungeon Defenders is coming out for 360, PS3 and PC on Oct. 19! Why do I mention this? Well, it's made by Trendy Entertainment, the company which I am currently interning for. We released a new trailer for the Squire today. Check it out!

The Real Napsta said:
Does anyone want to explain to me why we can't use the callsigns "Dave" or "Cody" anymore in Halo: Reach?
Cody is apparently slang for Codine. Which is stupid because it was a name first, and you can put way worse stuff in your callsign

Codine? Wow. Very stupid.
Hitmonchan107 said:
Off-topic and completely self-serving: Dungeon Defenders is coming out for 360, PS3 and PC on Oct. 19! Why do I mention this? Well, it's made by Trendy Entertainment, the company which I am currently interning for. We released a new trailer for the Squire today. Check it out!
Art style is nice, but looks a little unwieldy honestly, perhaps due to the camera angle. Shall of course try out the trial/demo.

Tunavi

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
brb applying for Certain Affinity internship

MrDaravon

Live in VA now, but lived in socal and norcal for about 25 years, it's been highly amusing to watch everyone here lost their fucking minds over this quake.

Zeouterlimits said:
Codine? Wow. Very stupid.

Art style is nice, but looks a little unwieldy honestly, perhaps due to the camera angle. Shall of course try out the trial/demo.
I'm a little biased, but hopefully you'll like what you see when you play it. :^)

More on-topic: Things are finally shaping together for PAX. I can't wait to meet everyone!

NOKYARD

Amazing! I was able to find the source and magnitude of the earthquake while my computer monitor was still shaking. Apparently, it takes 4 minutes for seismic waves to travel from Mineral Virginia to Niagara Falls.

also, don't click on any of the blue boxes under the linked map.

SailorDaravon said:
Live in VA now, but lived in socal and norcal for about 25 years, it's been highly amusing to watch everyone here lost their fucking minds over this quake.
Kind of like when cal gets 1 inch of snow.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm a little biased, but hopefully you'll like what you see when you play it. :^)

More on-topic: Things are finally shaping together for PAX. I can't wait to meet everyone!
T-10hours till my flight! WOOT! Can't wait!

SailorDaravon said:
We're on the East Coast. We shouldn't have to put up with the usual crap people on the West Coast put up with.

NOKYARD said:
also, don't click on any of the blue boxes under the linked map.
Why do people say things like this? Now all I want to do is click the blue boxes. What happens?

EDIT: I clicked. What was the problem? Just that it's depressing to see everything that is going or has gone awry in the past few hours/days?

These are the games I want to buy, but whether I will remains to be seen...

Battlefield 3
Gears of War 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Rage
Ace Combat Assault Horizon
Batman: Arkham City
MW3
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Assassins Creed: Revelations
Halo CEA

I'll definitely be getting:

Battlefield 3
Gears of War 3
Halo CEA

But I will mostly likely break like I do every year and get them all.

Also...is anyone around for some Reach?

wwm0nkey

Tunavi said:
it would be so awesome to work for Certain affinity. fingers crossed
did you apply to work there or something?

Really great bunch of guys, talked to a few guys from the team during E3 and they are all pretty awesome.

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
So this IGN coverage of Halo Fest, is it going to be archived on their site (or waypoint) so we can watch it later?

And to stick to the current trend, there's a bunch of games I want to get from this year eventually, but so far, the only game I'm getting day one is Skyrim.

edit: and maybe CEA, depending on the stuff 343 shows at PAX.

So for the Panel on Friday I am planning on getting into line between 7-7:30 AM... I know Ghal mentioned being in line for 8, I was wondering who else was going to be lining up? Hopefully we can do what we did last year and kind of save a few spots for people, that way we can all wait in line together.

NOKYARD said:
Kind of like when cal gets 1 inch of snow.
The town I live in has gotten snow twice total since it was populated. One of which was when I was in middle school.

Also, California has mountains. They get quite a bit of snow.

Oh right game list:

Getting:
Halo : CEA
Ico/SOTC Compilation
MGS Compilation

(Weird message on the state of the games, the value in these packages or both?)

Very interested (have to choose between, college finances) :
El Shaddai
Deus Ex
Skyrim
Battlefield 3
Catherine
Batman: Arkham City

Tunavi

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
did you apply to work there or something?

Really great bunch of guys, talked to a few guys from the team during E3 and they are all pretty awesome.
yeah just applied for an internship.

wwm0nkey

Tunavi said:
yeah just applied for an internship.
Awesome!

Whenever they get an opening for QA testing I am probably going to apply there as well. I know QA testing doesn't exactly pay a lot but I would still be interested in doing it. (yes I am aware QA testing also requires me to jump on a rock for like 20 hours lol)

Booshka

thezerofire said:
The town I live in has gotten snow twice total since it was populated. One of which was when I was in middle school.

Also, California has mountains. They get quite a bit of snow.
People seem to forget that California has the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range.

feel

I don't see the problem with splitting halogaf in two community threads. I want my daily dose of Halogaf but I don't wanna keep readings countless posts about stupid shit like credits, evade, jetpack and bloom until Halo 4, one year was enough so I'll be hanging out in Dax's threads where hopefully the discussion is focused on CEA campaign and Classic++ Reach gameplay, plus Halo news in general.

Letters said:
I don't see the problem with splitting halogaf in two community threads. I want my daily dose of Halogaf but I don't wanna keep readings countless posts about stupid shit like credits, evade, jetpack and bloom until Halo 4, one year was enough so I'll be hanging out in Dax's threads where hopefully the discussion is focused on CEA campaign and Classic++ Reach gameplay.
Wait, there's a second thread now? (I'm so far behind here.)

ManBearPanda said:
So this IGN coverage of Halo Fest, is it going to be archived on their site (or waypoint) so we can watch it later?

And to stick to the current trend, there's a bunch of games I want to get from this year eventually, but so far, the only game I'm getting day one is Skyrim.

edit: and maybe CEA, depending on the stuff 343 shows at PAX.

I really hope so. They have been pretty good about that stuff, I get the feeling when im back at my computer next week ill have hours of catching up to do, being able to just watch the feeds myself would make it 100x times easier lol.

Letters said:
I don't see the problem with splitting halogaf in two community threads. I want my daily dose of Halogaf but I don't wanna keep readings countless posts about stupid shit like credits, evade, jetpack and bloom until Halo 4, one year was enough so I'll be hanging out in Dax's threads where hopefully the discussion is focused on CEA campaign and Classic++ Reach gameplay, plus Halo news in general.
Uh. I was under the impression that the Anniversary thread will be for campaign and the Reach threads will continue (OT7 or OT8 should be up by then) for MP discussion.

Tunavi

Banned
Here's my suggestion:
CEA thread should be strictly for everything that comes on the CEA disk. That includes the new maps and campaign.
Community Reach is basically all halo discussion.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
Technically, the new MP maps are just the last Reach DLC (and will be later released as such). So I think we're fine just keeping Reach MP (and other) discussion here, or in the CEA thread as people see fit. Over time that thread will get used less and less as the core active players (aka, us) hole up in the Reach OT's until Halo 4 lands.

Dax01 said:
Uh. I was under the impression that the Anniversary thread will be for campaign and the Reach threads will continue (OT7 or OT8 should be up by then) for MP discussion.
I agree splitting the MP up into different threads doesn't make sense.

feel

Hitmonchan107 said:
Wait, there's a second thread now? (I'm so far behind here.)
Talking about Halogaf 2012, after the Anniversary disc |OT| has to leave Gaming and either go to Community or disappear and get its discussions tossed into the Reach |OT|

Top Bottom