• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Bread

Banned
Devolution said:
I died 11 times that game. Most was either rockets with invis, nades, snipes with invis or melee. When you're told to play MLG to up your DMR skill and just run into that, I should have been thrilled obviously.
It was a shitty host too, my shots weren't hitting. I can't stand this game right now, I'm taking a long hiatus until this update is out.

Bread said:
It was a shitty host too, my shots weren't hitting. I can't stand this game right now, I'm taking a long hiatus until this update is out.

Yeah, once the new semester starts up I'll probably have to keep it at a distance anyway if I want to get work done.

Thermite

Devolution said:
Could have just avatar quoted yourself. Dat Swearengen.
A Deadwood fan? +1000 internets to you!

Also, glad to hear that the early November date isn't set in stone. :D *prays for a September release*

Devolution said:
lol it never fails to make me laugh aloud when someone notices that for the first time.
I have this problem where I imagine people as their avatars, and I assumed you were a huge dude with a great beard made of cats. Obviously that didn't hold up for very long.

lybertyboy said:
I was talking about the painting.

U no like free things?
:p, I know, I saw the chance to troll/drop some criticism after sitting down and watching all of it after dropping it earlier due to annoyance at how it was being presented.

The Mona Lisa was my baby, cream of Evolutions... Actually, I'll pay for a re-edited version. :p

Thermite said:

Also, glad to hear that the early November date isn't set in stone. :D *prays for a September release*

Every time I see him I think of this. Not safe for work by the way. No one says cocksucker like Ian McShane as Swearengen.

feel

Devin Olsen said:
Holy shit your avatar has several cats in it.
what the shit?? :-o

Mindblown.

edit-
Now that I look at it, the cats seem impossible to miss, this must be a recent change or something.

Karl2177

thezerofire said:
I have this problem where I imagine people as their avatars, and I assumed you were a huge dude with a great beard made of cats. Obviously that didn't hold up for very long.
:lol I thought Giants baseball player with a gnarly beard. (unless that was someone else and I have a faulty memory)

Karl2177 said:
:lol I thought Giants baseball player with a gnarly beard. (unless that was someone else and I have a faulty memory)

No faulty memory, these were mine too.

dbNI0.png
NIBhC.png

Ramirez

Hypertrooper said:
Major Nelson has a pic:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/majornelson/6043356923/in/photostream/

And EuroHaloGAF: I'm trying to get a lot of extra swag. I'm taking the biggest bag with me, so I can get a lot of swag. If I get over the luggage limit(70lbs.), I'm going to send them via FedEx to my address. Otherwise I'm trying to figure out how I should give away that stuff.

That's um...a bit underwhelming. Looks like I'll be able to easily fit them in my suitcase though, so definitely look forward for a giveaway from me barring a price I find obscene. :p

Thermite said:

You don't want it to cut into your Gears 3 time, dude.

I didn't notice the cats until about a month ago, lol.

Tawpgun

Sniper tradeoff kills? Really?

Also, since Bungie wasn't owned my Msoft there wasn't any Halo Swag there.... so my question.... is 343 making a Halo store? plzplzplzplz

Or at least post the catalog of merchandise at Halofest so I can beg someone to buy something for me (and I'll pay back)

WOW SNIPERS ON HEMO AGAIN.

WILL TURN DONGING UP 50% TO CLEANSE THESE FOOLS.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Sniper tradeoff kills? Really?

Also, since Bungie wasn't owned my Msoft there wasn't any Halo Swag there.... so my question.... is 343 making a Halo store? plzplzplzplz

Or at least post the catalog of merchandise at Halofest so I can beg someone to buy something for me (and I'll pay back)

WOW SNIPERS ON HEMO AGAIN.

WILL TURN DONGING UP 50% TO CLEANSE THESE FOOLS.

Hemo snipes, the game's fatal version of Where's Waldo.

Ken

Devolution said:

I have more fun playing Where's Waldo than Hemorrhage Snipers.

I should probably keep a Where's Waldo next to me and play that every time Hemorrhage Snipers comes up.

thezerofire said:
PROTIP: They're in the rocks, the cave, or the ridge

Or camping behind tele.

Devolution said:

winning on that gametype comes down to going anywhere but these places and shooting at those places.

Tawpgun

thezerofire said:

winning on that gametype comes down to going anywhere but these places and shooting at those places.
Winning it means being able to see the faintest fucking edge of a players head. Or not having a guy get 2 kills and go negative 13 smh....

Ken said:
I should probably keep a Where's Waldo next to me and play that every time Hemorrhage Snipers comes up.

Sitting in base and playing Where's Waldo for real actually sounds more fun.

Speaking of things more fun than say stupid gametypes, I'm watching Robin Hood Men in Tights right now. Hello young Dave Chappelle.

Thermite

Ramirez said:
That's um...a bit underwhelming. Looks like I'll be able to easily fit them in my suitcase though, so definitely look forward for a giveaway from me barring a price I find obscene. :p

You don't want it to cut into your Gears 3 time, dude.

I didn't notice the cats until about a month ago, lol.
AHA! Good one, me buying Gears!.. :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27 Tawpgun said:
Halo 4 Delayed until Xbox 4 for clever marketing strategy.
That's what I'd do anyway.

That way they could tighten up the graphics on level 3 and ship as a launch title.

-PXG-

You're gonna hate me for asking this. I looked online, and I didn't find a clear, irrefutable answer:

Does Halo Anniversary come with the entire Halo Reach muliplayer (like Halo 3 did for ODST) or does it only come with extra maps?

Again, I'm sorry for asking this. I just want a definite answer from people who know what they're talking about.

Thanks.

feel

-PXG- said:
You're gonna hate me for asking this. I looked online, and I didn't find a clear, irrefutable answer:

Does Halo Anniversary come with the entire Halo Reach muliplayer (like Halo 3 did for ODST) or does it only come with extra maps?

Again, I'm sorry for asking this. I just want a definite answer from people who know what they're talking about.

Thanks.
No.

Just the new maps (remakes) and a matchmaking mode to play just these maps in the classic gameplay (no armor abilities, no reticule that expands, bigger jumps, etc) , but still using the Reach engine.

You don't even need to change the disc, the main menu is something like

CAMPAIGN
HALO REACH MULTIPLAYER
SETTINGS

-PXG- said:

Thanks.

No it does not. You CAN install the maps on the Anniversary disc to your hard drive and play them from your Reach disc or download the Anniversary maps to your hard drive as a standalone DLC map pack for Reach should you decide not to buy Anniversary.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kuroyume said:
Not interested in getting more overpriced (and likely faulty) hardware to play Halo 4.
It's just gonna be two slim 360's taped together with a kinect hammered in on top.

Awesome Barlow said:
No it does not. You CAN install the maps on the Anniversary disc to your hard drive and play them from your Reach disc or download the Anniversary maps to your hard drive as a standalone DLC map pack for Reach should you decide not to buy Anniversary.

I'm rolling the dice that it DOES contain all the Reach maps, similar to the ODST Multiplayer disc.

The CEA Maps also will not be available as a standalone DLC download. You need to use a voucher code that comes with the CEA disc to download the CEA maps.. ie you have to buy CEA to get the maps.

Call me crazy. Maybe someone can ask at PAX.

BackdoorBeauty said:
I'm rolling the dice that it DOES contain all the Reach maps, similar to the ODST Multiplayer disc.
But they said this wasn't the case. I can see the benefit in changing their mind (follow the precedent for side games set by ODST), but I don't know if it out ways the benefits of their announced plans.

Top Bottom