• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

BackdoorBeauty said:
I'm rolling the dice that it DOES contain all the Reach maps, similar to the ODST Multiplayer disc.

The CEA Maps also will not be available as a DLC download. You need to use a voucher code that comes with the CEA disc to download the CEA maps. You have to buy CEA to get the maps.

Call me crazy. Maybe someone can ask at PAX.
As of now it has been confirmed that it is not like ODST. I wish it was, it would help unite the player base in my mind.

Plywood said:
mygodkkt9.gif
Haha I almost put something about it being two 360s taped together in spoiler tags.

Edit: New page! 67 more until OT6!

kylej

Banned
Ugh the 360 is an archaic turd, we should've thrown that thing in the trash 2 years ago. I don't need games to look better than they do now, I just need them to run at 1080p/60fps rock solid.

Zeouterlimits said:
But they said this wasn't the case. I can see the benefit in changing their mind (follow the precedent for side games set by ODST), but I don't know if it out ways the benefits of their announced plans.

If they didn't, I think they would need to have:

CEA only playlists
Reach+CEA playlists
Reach+ No CEA playlists

Otherwise, it will be like it is today where you can rarely get matched up with other DLC people, unless you go into the Premium playlist.

Just guessing.. it seems like a complex issue.

As far as I am concerned.. Reach disc goes out, CEA disc goes in. If that limits me to CEA matchmaking, so be it!

Karl2177

Alright. Getting on in 5-ish. Karl2177. And if I'm in a party I'll be bitching about how the TU is later than I want.
It's fine, but I'm like everyone else wanting it noooooooooooowwwwww

Karl2177 said:
Alright. Getting on in 5-ish. Karl2177. And if I'm in a party I'll be bitching about how the TU is later than I want.
It's fine, but I'm like everyone else wanting it noooooooooooowwwwww

when is that again?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Bregmann Roche said:
iBox confirmed.

Also this TU release date ambiguity is just setting us up for the biggest Frankie Saves of all time.
There's no ambiguity. You'll all get a chance to experience the TU before November.

Oh man when I read that 'bsangel says TU in November' post, I immediately sprouted bleached hair and began listening to limp bizkit to quell my angst. Lybertyboy is a true professional - soothing the audience before we began rioting.

BackdoorBeauty said:

CEA only playlists
Reach+CEA playlists
Reach+ No CEA playlists

Otherwise, it will be like it is today where you can rarely get matched up with other DLC people, unless you go into the Premium playlist.

They could start requiring the DLC for most playlists. The CEA maps are going to be released as a map pack in the future. Plus we don't really know how the playlists are going to be organized they could introduce a guests allowed, no-DLC required Team Training/Social Slayer playlist and turn Team Slayer into a no guest DLC required playlist. That sort of thing worked out well in Halo 3 and 2.

lybertyboy said:
There's no ambiguity. You'll all get a chance to experience the TU before November.
Awesome! You're the best!

Homeboyd

lybertyboy said:
TU beta playlists rolled out early. Final changes resulting from feedback thread and in-house data analysis deployed with/near CEA launch.

Oh, confirmed.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Gonna have to wait until Halo Fest to get any more info out of me. Otherwise I won't have any panels to moderate.

Zoolader

wwm0nkey said:

That popped in my mind aswell. Also I wouldn't mind at all waiting for a Halo 4 release on the nexbox 3 1080, as long as there was Halo 3 on pc before then.

Halo 3 pc announcement at Halo Fest = MEGATON

Hypertrooper said:
I think he noticed his mistake ;^)
Haha yeah. Also, have a good flight!

omg.kittens said:
That would be amazing.

I don't have time to go back through the thread right now (it goes so fast!), but is there really gonna be a TU beta??
No, I don't think so. Just HaloGaf shenanigans.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A27 Tawpgun said:
Needs to be a HaloGAF panel one year.

Moderated by EazyB.
That would be amazing.

I don't have time to go back through the thread right now (it goes so fast!), but is there really gonna be a TU beta??

Plywood said:
That's what I'd do anyway.

That way they could tighten up the graphics on level 3 and ship as a launch title.

Not cost efficient at all.

BackdoorBeauty said:
I'm rolling the dice that it DOES contain all the Reach maps, similar to the ODST Multiplayer disc.

The CEA Maps also will not be available as a standalone DLC download. You need to use a voucher code that comes with the CEA disc to download the CEA maps.. ie you have to buy CEA to get the maps.

It's already been confirmed though. The Reach's MP maps are not on the CEA disc, and you can install them to your hard drive so you can use the entire Reach MP suite together by putting in the Reach disc.

The CEA maps will also be a standalone DLC item at some point after CEA comes out.

BackdoorBeauty said:

CEA only playlists
Reach+CEA playlists
Reach+ No CEA playlists

As far as I am concerned.. Reach disc goes out, CEA disc goes in. If that limits me to CEA matchmaking, so be it!

I assume that there will be some playlists that are CEA maps required, most "classic ++". The CEA maps will also surely be implemented into matchmaking playlists like the Noble and Defiant maps are, optional, and you will never see them in default Reach playlists because of this.

As long as you install the maps, you will be able to play with all maps using the Reach disc. Or if you wisely don't want to play on original Reach maps ever again, you can just use the CEA disc.

Ramirez

Blood texts me today and says "Forget about the tourney, lets hit up some lore panels." Dude has went soft and casual on me. ;(

feel

lybertyboy said:
Can I experience it beforehand too? Or is that offer just for Bregmann Roche? PMing you my xbox's serial numbers just in case.

Ramirez said:
Blood texts me today and says "Forget about the tourney, lets hit up some lore panels." Dude has went soft and casual on me. ;(
We don't even have a team, it is at a retarded time, and the dudes we play against 2 v 4 would probably just objective hold :p. Get on Halo all these other kids are playing Duck Ex game.

Ramirez

Captain Blood said:
We don't even have a team, it is at a retarded time, and the dudes we play against 2 v 4 would probably just objective hold :p. Get on Halo all these other kids are playing Duck Ex game.

Dead 2 me sir.

FyreWulff

BackdoorBeauty said:

The CEA Maps also will not be available as a standalone DLC download. You need to use a voucher code that comes with the CEA disc to download the CEA maps.. ie you have to buy CEA to get the maps.

Already been confirmed that the CEA maps will be available on marketplace not long after CE:A comes out.

We're not getting Reach: Mythic.

Hey You

Homeboyd said:
TU beta playlists rolled out early. Final changes resulting from feedback thread and in-house data analysis deployed with/near CEA launch.

Oh, confirmed.
That would be totally awesome and something (that I'm aware of) never done before.

Ramirez

Devolution said:
I love google and hate it all at the same time.

What the fuck.

[IM]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4OYGjUrdllo/SoI6-_k_eQI/AAAAAAAAajM/nLVDi2_YUXo/s400/Master_Chief_Hayabusa_Armor_by_AnimeAmy.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/boysofsheahem/blog%20graphics%202/1207204576_175.jpg[/IMG]

I just don't why...

Made by some secret Halo/PonyGAF lurker obviously.

Devolution said:
I love google and hate it all at the same time.

What the fuck.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4OYGjUrdllo/SoI6-_k_eQI/AAAAAAAAajM/nLVDi2_YUXo/s400/Master_Chief_Hayabusa_Armor_by_AnimeAmy.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/boysofsheahem/blog%20graphics%202/1207204576_175.jpg[img]

I just don't why...[/QUOTE]What the fuck indeed. Are they supposed to be ponies?

Ramirez

Hey, for the more experienced flyers, how likely are delays from isolated thunderstorms? Getting a 50% chance on Thursday. :( Forecast said all sun yesterday, bah.

Top Bottom