• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

wwm0nkey

Ken said:
43e2ae89.gif
Awww yeah Action Hank! lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ramirez said:
Hey, for the more experienced flyers, how likely are delays from isolated thunderstorms? Getting a 50% chance on Thursday. :( Forecast said all sun yesterday, bah.

The main cause of all flight delays is Chicago sucking. You will be fine.

Nutter

Ramirez said:
Hey, for the more experienced flyers, how likely are delays from isolated thunderstorms? Getting a 50% chance on Thursday. :( Forecast said all sun yesterday, bah.
If things get bad, they usually delay the flight just a bit, from my experience. But they usually try to go around them.

And Ram, you should get us registered for the Saturday and Sunday Tournaments.

Ramirez said:
You'll likely be fine. If things get real bad they may wait an hour for the storm to pass over, but it usually takes a pretty significant storm to do that.

See you Friday ;)

Tunavi said:
literally cannot wait until halofest and I'm not even going
Yeah I honestly think HaloFest will set a standard. I hope that something similar in size becomes traditional at PAX, but perhaps that's asking a lot of 343

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devin Olsen said:
Yeah I honestly think HaloFest will set a standard. I hope that something similar in size becomes traditional at PAX, but perhaps that's asking a lot of 343

I'm hoping PAX East gets some love too. Maybe a Halo 4 beta preview or some shit.

I would be surprised if 343 did Halofest next year... I would imagine they would pour all of their efforts into Halo 4's launch. Unless THAT becomes Halofest 2012...

Edited for: Bam! Full-Blown Memberitis! What happens now? Do I grow hair in new places?

Ramirez

I would imagine HaloFest is costing them a lot of money, really doubt this is something they do every year, especially since this one in particular is just for the 10th anniversary. :p

Listening to M83's "We Own the Sky" and getting myself hyped for the new, improved Reach. I'm still super nervous about flying, but hopefully the jitters will stop when I witness the patchwork earth scroll beneath me.

Will we have the option to choose which map we play on, or is it set up to have one map per station?

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:
Listening to M83's "We Own the Sky" and getting myself hyped for the new, improved Reach. I'm still super nervous about flying, but hopefully the jitters will stop when I witness the patchwork earth scroll beneath me.

Will we have the option to choose which map we play on, or is it set up to have one map per station?

At least you don't have GAFFERs PMing you the flight scene from Final Destination. ;) :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ramirez said:
I would imagine HaloFest is costing them a lot of money, really doubt this is something they do every year, especially since this one in particular is just for the 10th anniversary. :p

HaloFest is great for building hype. Halo 4 should be a hype juggernaut and something like HaloFest would be perfect fit.

Would be awesome if everything goes so well HaloFest continues in future. I want to be able to make it some day.

Karl2177

Does anyone else get a lockup when playing Reach? Like it will go to black screen. You can press the guide button, but only makes the sound and doesn't appear. Then it will do one of three things:
1. Return to the game, sluggy as hell almost as if picking the worst host possible.
2. Drop everyone but you and return to game.
3. Disconnect from Live.

Tashi

Hitmonchan107 said:

I love that song.

blamite

wwm0nkey said:
One thing I am really pumped about is to finally hear what this is

b7fEu.jpg

Been wondering what it is since the Defiant picture lol
Wait, where's that from? It sort of looks liek that new cave on Beaver Creek? I do remember seeing a weird looking rock or something in that cave, is this what that was?

wwm0nkey

blamite said:
Wait, where's that from? It sort of looks liek that new cave on Beaver Creek? I do remember seeing a weird looking rock or something in that cave, is this what that was?
Yeah its from the new Beaver Creek. I mean it is clearly the helmet we have seen in the Defiant picture but why is it on the ground and why is it that color in a team game?

GhaleonEB

Think I'll bring a batch of streats for GAFers to munch while we're in lines.

Peanuts, check.

Stuff for soft caramel, check.

Chocolate to temper and dip things in, check.

Anyone up to go shoot some stuff? Hopping on now.

blamite

wwm0nkey said:
Yeah its from the new Beaver Creek. I mean it is clearly the helmet we have seen in the Defiant picture but why is it on the ground and why is it that color in a team game?
Yeah, I just looked at that video again, it's definitely that new helmet. Maybe new armor will be hidden like Halo 3's Mythic skulls? But then why would it show up in a multiplayer game instead of just Forge? Unless it's just a debug thing?

Aaaah, so many questions. >.> Can it be Halo Fest now plz?

Trasher

Ramirez said:
Blood texts me today and says "Forget about the tourney, lets hit up some lore panels." Dude has went soft and casual on me. ;(
Does not compute.

wtf if true.

I'm seriously bailing on this friggin thread on Thursday. I don't want to see the letters "P," "A," or "X" for a year. It's too damn depressing... Someone let me know when a new Halo game or a TU comes out. I'll see you then.

Tashi0106 said:
I love that song.
Psst. Have you heard the new M83 song? So good.

So I planned on having a killer soundtrack for my trip, but I don't think I'll be able to listen to anything now. I won't have room for an MP3 player, and I need my phone to be in tip-top condition for navigational purposes once I hit Seattle.

Does anyone have the schedule for the metro rail discussed a few weeks ago when I mentioned taking a taxi? I'm trying to get everything planned out now.

Tashi

Hitmonchan107 said:
Psst. Have you heard the new M83 song? So good.

So I planned on having a killer soundtrack for my trip, but I don't think I'll be able to listen to anything now. I won't have room for an MP3 player, and I need my phone to be in tip-top condition for navigational purposes once I hit Seattle.

Does anyone have the schedule for the metro rail discussed a few weeks ago when I mentioned taking a taxi? I'm trying to get everything planned out now.

We Own the Sky is the only song of theirs I've ever heard. I've never even really tried to get their other music, I just bought that one song and listened to it over and over. I can only be disappointed by the rest of their library. lol

Tashi

The Real Napsta said:
Why? MLG won't implement it till the season is over anyway.

Yea but it would be a large distraction. Also, there are other changes coming other than the option to remove bloom. There are some that I will probably love. It's almost like playing Super Street Fighter IV when Arcade Edition already came out.

Top Bottom