• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

MrDaravon

Challenges were weak today; 3 are easily obtainable in one game, but then the fourth one is winning 15 multiplayer matchmaking games, and for only 3k. The fuck?

Salvor.Hardin said:
I've been kind of out of the loop of Halo news for a while now and was wondering if there's been any news of Halo 4 since the trailer.

Any nuggets at all guys?
No, not really. This weekend, there'll be stuff, it's HaloFest.

Homeboyd

Still no assist challenges anywhere! Thinking they were dropped from rotation... Or at least weighted very low. There's not been a couple over the past few months and 0 in a couple weeks. Perhaps they finally saw the problem it caused...

Tashi excite.

Those used to pop up almost daily.

Gui_PT

Homeboyd said:
Still no assist challenges anywhere! Thinking they were dropped from rotation... Or at least weighted very low. There's not been a couple over the past few months and 0 in a couple weeks. Perhaps they finally saw the problem it caused...

Game just came out. Give 'em time.

Gabotron ES said:
19:00 here, we so exited!
Deus Ex Just arrived hopefully it can tide me over. Might drop on reach and drop the dong all night long on bungies swan song. if anyone is intrested message me on XBL.

GT=StalkerUKCG

Happy Birthday, Hitmon. My 21st was many moons ago. :-(

btw - anyone having problems with Defiant Map Pack not loading? I found it strange...

squidhands said:
Happy Birthday, Hitmon. My 21st was many moons ago. :-(

btw - anyone having problems with Defiant Map Pack not loading? I found it strange...

In what? Customs, theater, matchmaking or all of the above?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Homeboyd said:

Tashi excite.

Those used to pop up almost daily.
Nah I care about the game itself, not the challenges. They could make you get 100 assists in a game fot a challenge and I wouldn't care.

Blueblur1

Hitmon, avoid getting absolutely trashed while in Seattle. The last thing you'll want is a killer hangover that'll keep you in your hotel room all day.

Enjoying a layover in the Atlanta airport, about to fly to Seattle. Excited!

Listened to the Sparkast this morning, fantastic stuff. Made new proud to explain the forum shoutouts to my friend listening with me. I wouldn't mind running into Jaime at PAX, he sounds like a pretty friendly guy.

I'm offline for the next 6 hours, I'll update once I get to the Werst Coast!

Tashi

Ramirez said:
LoL, got accused of host booting by some Reclaimer, cusses me out in a message for a solid 15 seconds, then ends the message with, "It's just a game."

picard-facepalm.jpg

Anyways, safe travels everyone, see some of you in a couple days.
Pleaaaaaaase record it. Pleeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeee.

Tashi

It's tomorrow?!?! I thought it was Sunday the whole time. What a pleasant surprise. Those who are going, make sure you take tons of pics and spam your twitter with them.

Tashi0106 said:
It's tomorrow?!?! I thought it was Sunday the whole time. What a pleasant surprise. Those who are going, make sure you take tons of pics and spam your twitter with them.
The multiplayer panel is Sunday. Tomorrow's panel is just CEA in general.

kylej

Banned
What's the best way to record angry messages? Some fat chick sent me a message raging after I donged on her chunky family. It's pretty good.

Tashi

kylej said:
What's the best way to record angry messages? Some fat chick sent me a message raging after I donged on her chunky family. It's pretty good.
Lol...other than a capture card, probably take a camera and film the TV.

Waiting on a shuttle to take me to the airport terminal. I have to pay for parking, AND the airport isn't liable for lost goods? What the f. #firstworldproblems

Ruze789

Holy shit I went on a near-internet-free vacation for 8 days and come back to 5000+ posts... was really trying to catch up on them but I just can't do it.

I'll just assume all I missed was talk about bloom, AR, AL, Evade, BTB sucks, and excite for PAX? I did catch the last couple pages and see there's a new Sparkast up and a Halo issue of OXM.

And Happy BDay Hitmonchan!

Homeboyd

Tashi0106 said:
Nah I care about the game itself, not the challenges. They could make you get 100 assists in a game fot a challenge and I wouldn't care.
lol I know.. but the fact that they removed them from the list tells us that they acknowledged there is a problem with them. Assist challenges negatively affect gameplay in general but the assists themselves are also broken to begin with.

Booshka said:
That's probably a combination of people eating shots and bloom making you miss, but mostly people eating shots. You keep spamming because they aren't registering, and then the bloom blows up and you miss even more compounding the problem. Or you try to pace and let your bloom settle, but it takes forever because the connection sucks. Shit all around.
What do you mean when you say a player is eating shots? I've never heard that before. If I see a player's shield flash with each of my shots, I assume my shots are hitting that player. Or is that a lag issue?

I probably don't have a good grasp on how it works. If we're basically trying to take down a shield, and a player can't be killed until the shield is removed, I would think that it wouldn't matter where my bullets are hitting the player. I could shoot someone in the foot four times and the shield would still have to protect the player. So 4 shots, in theory and no matter where they hit, should take a shield down. Isn't that what Bungie has turned the shield into without any bleed-through? So when I put four shots into someone and the shield doesn't pop, I call BS. Anyway, you're right:, it's shit all around lol. Frankie save us!

And I've done the pacing, even slower pacing than necessary and seen the same thing happen. Bottom line: bloom sucks. 5 shot kills, where pacing the 5 shots takes even longer, is laughable with all the armor abilities, power weapons, OP grenades, and double melee beat-downs.

Ruze789 said:
Holy shit I went on a near-internet-free vacation for 8 days and come back to 5000+ posts... was really trying to catch up on them but I just can't do it.

I'll just assume all I missed was talk about bloom, AR, AL, Evade, BTB sucks, and excite for PAX? I did catch the last couple pages and see there's a new Sparkast up and a Halo issue of OXM.

And Happy BDay Hitmonchan!

We had a video of Damnation last week which showed the bloomless DMR, don't know if you saw that one...

And some gameplay of Damnation and Beaver Creek.

Deputy Moonman said:
What do you mean when you say a player is eating shots? I've never heard that before. If I see a player's shield flash with each of my shots, I assume my shots are hitting that player. Or is that a lag issue?

I probably don't have a good grasp on how it works. If we're basically trying to take down a shield, and a player can't be killed until the shield is removed, I would think that it wouldn't matter where my bullets are hitting the player. I could shoot someone in the foot four times and the shield would still have to protect the player. So 4 shots, no matter where they hit, should take a shield down. Isn't that, in theory, what Bungie has turned the shield into without any bleed-through? So when I put four shots into someone and the shield doesn't pop, I call BS. Anyway, you're right:, it's shit all around lol. Frankie save us!

And I've done the pacing, even slower pacing than necessary and seen the same thing happen. Bottom line: bloom sucks. 5 shot kills where pacing the 5 shots takes even longer, is laughable with all the armor abilities, power weapons, OP grenades, and double melee beat-downs.

I think he's talking about shot's not registering, aka bullet eating or sponging. (I saw a with the gamertag ''bullit spongebob :lol) It happens to me some times and it's pretty anoying: You see your shots hitting the player but nothing happens.

So who on Gaf lives on Long Island, the eastern half of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or Connecticut? Looks like the current forecast still has hurricane Irene running right through this area.
Tha Robbertster said:
I think he's talking about shot's not registering, aka bullet eating or sponging. (I saw a with the gamertag ''bullit spongebob :lol) It happens to me some times and it's pretty anoying: You see your shots hitting the player but nothing happens.
twilight-zone.jpg

The question then becomes where do those shots go?
twilight-zone.jpg

kylej

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
So who on Gaf lives on Long Island, the eastern half of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or Connecticut? Looks like the current forecast still has hurricane Irene running right through this area.

Southern/Eastern NH here. My mom's house was built on wetlands many moons ago. Hoping the water table stays low enough to keep the sump pumps from kicking on, especially if the power goes out. Doing maintenance on her old generator after work before heading to school this weekend.

Tawpgun

Deputy Moonman said:
So who on Gaf lives on Long Island, the eastern half of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or Connecticut? Looks like the current forecast still has
CT Here. Looks like Wu is going to dodge it by going to PAX :p

Should be fun. I love big storms.

...as long as they don't knock out power.

EDIT: A matchmaking challenge was sneaked into Firefight Thursday. 343's influence is felt. Personally I'm glad. I tend to think of FF challenges as a grind. And Ghaelon is too busy going to Halofest to care :p

I think it would be cool to sit through a hurricane just once, but I don't have the money or time right now to drive/fly all the way to New England. Blast. I just checked and it could weaken to a tropical storm before it gets that far, depending on how close it hugs the coast.

Karl2177

Deputy Moonman said:
I think it would be cool to sit through a hurricane just once, but I don't have the money or time right now to drive/fly all the way to New England.
Fuck that. I want to be in an earthquake. Tornadoes aren't cool like earthquakes.

On another side note, why did I take an 8:00 calc class?

A27 Tawpgun said:

EDIT: A matchmaking challenge was sneaked into Firefight Thursday. 343's influence is felt. Personally I'm glad. I tend to think of FF challenges as a grind. And Ghaelon is too busy going to Halofest to care :p

I like firefight thursdays :/.

How big is it going to be when it gets here?

Tashi

This hurricane is gonna suck. Good thing I'm not going to Raleigh, I would have probably been stuck there until Monday night.

Karl2177 said:
Fuck that. I want to be in an earthquake. Tornadoes aren't cool like earthquakes.

On another side note, why did I take an 8:00 calc class?
lol real earthquakes are not fun times. Especially East Coast, you guys would be fucked if there was a real one

ElRenoRaven

Yea I'll echo it for the rest of you traveling now but be careful and watch out for landmines and run away Warthogs. If you do that you might just make it there in one piece.

Tashi0106 said:
This hurricane is gonna suck. Good thing I'm not going to Raleigh, I would have probably been stuck there until Monday night.

go to Raleigh, bring your own hurricane, fight off the other hurricane.

Save America.

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:

I woke up an hour and a half early this morning to knock off the Firefight Challenges today. I look forward to them all week. :p

(One game of Firefight Doubles, 2X Attack when my partner dropped in the lobby notched all three - landed kill #100, got 3,000 cR and 3 Challenges. Was pretty neat.)

The only FF Challenges that are a grind are the ones to kill 1,000 enemies on a specific map. I try to manage them so I hit as many in one game as possible, as a sort of metagame.

cory021

Neo Member
Tha Robbertster said:
We had a video of Damnation last week which showed the bloomless DMR, don't know if you saw that one...
OMG, I totally missed the fact that the DMR didn't have bloom. It looks like they didn't change anything else... wouldn't that make the DMR a little too overpowered compared the the rest of the sandbox? It doesn't even look like anything else was changed. I'm hope the update will have more elaborate changes that that :/

Karl2177

thezerofire said:
lol real earthquakes are not fun times. Especially East Coast, you guys would be fucked if there was a real one
Like the Drunk Tank put it: a 5.8 (like what the east coast got) would be just fine to be in to then say you've been in an earthquake. The only fault line near me is the New Madrid line, which means I'm going to live somewhere else to be in one.

Salvor.Hardin said:
I've been kind of out of the loop of Halo news for a while now and was wondering if there's been any news of Halo 4 since the trailer.

Any nuggets at all guys?
Halo: Reach is getting a title update. We are not sure what all will be updated but we saw footage of the game with a shortened armor lock, bleed through damage on melee, and no bloom. Also Halo fest is tomorrow so expect a lot of news.

ncsuDuncan said:
Enjoying a layover in the Atlanta airport
Not a fun one to be stuck in.

Top Bottom