• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Sorry double post. So I'll leave you with a cool Star Wars style Halo poster:
Halo__Reach_Poster_by_Halcylon.jpg

Source:http://halcylon.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2is17z

^^^^Awesome!

cory021 said:
OMG, I totally missed the fact that the DMR didn't have bloom. It looks like they didn't change anything else... wouldn't that make the DMR a little too overpowered compared the the rest of the sandbox? It doesn't even look like anything else was changed. I'm hope the update will have more elaborate changes that that :/

I think somewhere around 4 minutes in the video, you can see what looks like melee bleed through (while the guy is using the plasma rifle) and somewhere around the end when the player is using armor lock and gets the overkill, he loses some of his AA-meter after he gets meleed while in armor lock.

Ramirez said:
LoL, got accused of host booting by some Reclaimer, cusses me out in a message for a solid 15 seconds, then ends the message with, "It's just a game."

picard-facepalm.jpg

Anyways, safe travels everyone, see some of you in a couple days.

I so want to hear this.

PooBone

cory021 said:
OMG, I totally missed the fact that the DMR didn't have bloom. It looks like they didn't change anything else... wouldn't that make the DMR a little too overpowered compared the the rest of the sandbox? It doesn't even look like anything else was changed. I'm hope the update will have more elaborate changes that that :/
Yeah that video has several differences. Melee bleed through, no bloom on DMR, 3 head shot kills, and nerfed armor lock are the highlights I think. And it all looks glorious.

Sean P.

GhaleonEB said:
Heading out the door for a day with the family at a theme park near Seattle (Wild Waves), won't be online again until late tonight.

PAX. Fuck yeah.

Ha I was just there last Sunday. Lucky you're going on a weekday, weekend lines are insane :p

cory021 said:
It looks like people move faster and jump higher too

Tawpgun

Definitely move faster from the first non-AA gameplay we saw on Beaver Creek.

As far as armor lock goes...

Part of me is thinking its nothing, and the guy popped out of Armor Lock which caused his energy to drain. Not because of the grenade.

But then why would they feature bloomless gameplay with an Armor Lock loadout...

So for those going to Halofest and PAX I have a question. Is anyone planning to pick up anything extra to sell? If so, I would happily make a purchase. I figure there will definitely be some cool things to get there.. Like the Grunt. I also know there is an exclusive Jurassic Park poster at the JP game booth that I already want.

But yeah, have fun and take lots of pics HaloFesters! So jealous.

A27 Tawpgun said:

Part of me is thinking its nothing, and the guy popped out of Armor Lock which caused his energy to drain. Not because of the grenade.

But then why would they feature bloomless gameplay with an Armor Lock loadout...

I feel like the bloom was thrown in as a little easter egg to people that would be watching it closely and picking it apart, people like us.

Blinding

thezerofire said:
It looks like people move faster and jump higher too

There's also the Armor Lock nerf (and by that I mean that use ammo/energy left for Armor Lock got cut in half as soon as the nade that was tossed at him went off, not that he came out,) and the fact that a nade he tossed bounced twice (which either means longer fuse or heavier nades,) and bleed through.

ElzarTheBam said:
In what? Customs, theater, matchmaking or all of the above?
I played a some Score Attack this morning, and I got the "missing content" error message. I tried going to forge and Condemned and Highlands were showing up as 'new' maps that I needed to download. Weird.

Tashi0106 said:
Hey all you lucky fucks going to PAX! Safe travels
This too.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
A27 Tawpgun said:

Move fast and jump higher are user definable settings already.

OuterWorldVoice said:
yeah but it's actually kinda wierd the feeling of 120+% speed, like everyone is going in fastforward lol
being able to adjust the settings with more precision/smaller steps would be cool :p

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
It only counts if it's there by default and in matchmaking. Reach can already be tweaked into a pretty damn awesome game pre-TU, but that's worthless because it's just for Custom games, which are really hard to organize regularly and get people interested in.

Just dropping in to say safe travels to those going to PAX. Also, I want to ask if you could please do as many updates on Twitter as you can for those if us who have to work during HaloFest :D

Letters said:
It only counts if it's there by default and in matchmaking. Reach can already be tweaked into a pretty damn awesome game pre-TU, but that's worthless because it's just for Custom games, which are really hard to organize regularly and get people interested in.

Agreed, which also makes me curious why some people feel it is absolutely necessary to be able to tweak individual weapons as a gametype option. Yes, it would be cool to have that, but matchmaking is still where almost everyone is going to play the overwhelming majority of their multiplayer games so it wouldn't really help that much.

Of course for specific communities like MLG, it would be a gold mine.

Tawpgun

OuterWorldVoice said:
I know Halofest is literally one day away, but is something like player intertia/agility able to be modified by the TU? I feel like a animation prevents that from happening.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I know Halofest is literally one day away, but is something like player intertia/agility able to be modified by the TU? I feel like a animation prevents that from happening.
Just one day you have to wait. Just one day...

I've never had a problem with 120% speed in MLG v2(?) or Team Classic, but I wish we had an option for 115% speed. It seems like it would be the sweet spot for non AA gametypes.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
-Yeti said:
Just dropping in to say safe travels to those going to PAX. Also, I want to ask if you could please do as many updates on Twitter as you can for those if us who have to work during HaloFest :D
I think I might have to create a new Twitter account just for HaloFest, hah. (I don't want to spam my usual Twitter feed with nerd hype.)

I'm so excited. :-D I'm really glad I'm busy and have Deus Ex to distract me. It's made the wait much more bearable.

Edit: It's amazingly easy to find you guys on Twitter, lol. There's this entire side to HaloGAF that I've been totally missing out on! D-:

Tawpgun

Those who play the TU... Pay attention to the player movement. See if it seems as heavy. I know Ghaleon brought up inertia before so I hope he'll notice.

Tashi0106 said:
Oh, they're broken. After you deal out enough damage, you have 5 seconds for a teammate finish the kill to get the assist. It takes longer than 5 seconds for shields to come up. You could potentially put a guy to 1 shot, have a teammate kill him with 1 headshot and you not get that assist.

Also, let's say one of your teammates drops a guy's shields (maybe loses some health. Maybe loses some health and finds a health pack. Not 100% sure on this one). That guy survives. Now let's say you drop his shields and your teammate finishes the kill, you won't get the assist.

Also, it takes 3 DMR shots to be eligible for an assist. I think it should be less. I actually made a video about it when Reach first came out. Maybe I'll make a new one in HD.

+1.

Return assists to the Reach Beta settings.. this would be a cherry on top of the icing on the cake.

Tawpgun

Playing FF doubles. I vote score attack. He votes Arcade Fight. Yells at me to vote arcade fight. Score attack wins. I back to dashboard. He gets stuck playing what he doesn't want.

trololol

Backed out because I had to check up on something. But it was still funny.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Playing FF doubles. I vote score attack. He votes Arcade Fight. Yells at me to vote arcade fight. Score attack wins. I back to dashboard. He gets stuck playing what he doesn't want.

trololol

Backed out because I had to check up on something. But it was still funny.
People do to me what you just did to him all the time in FF Doubles. I wish terrible things on those people. :-\

heckfu

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Best smartphone UI out there.

AHHHHHH SHIT I just started a war!

haha, aside from me thinking the iPhone is superior, I just know that Hyper bitches about his phone all the time.

he's an easy target.

Top Bottom