• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

BackdoorBeauty said:
+1.

Return assists to the Reach Beta settings.. this would be a cherry on top of the icing on the cake.
That would be awesome.

squidhands said:
Halcylon now works for 343 because of incredible work like that.
Really? I knew he did some contract work at Bungie or something. That is really cool that he works there now.

BigShow36

OuterWorldVoice said:
Move fast and jump higher are user definable settings already.

Yes, but moving faster makes the already painfully slow strafe even slower, which renders faster movement nearly worthless for any realistic application. Strafe speed (movement acceleration) is actually more important than movement speed from a balance perspective. Can we control movement acceleration now, or is movement acceleration now proportional to movement speed? If not, the TU's other features (bloom, bleedthrough) are going to be less impactful and beneficial than they otherwise would be.

heckfu said:
haha, aside from me thinking the iPhone is superior, I just know that Hyper bitches about his phone all the time.

he's an easy target.

Well I can't help it if Hyper is a crybaby lol.

Gabotron ES said:
Dat nade tossing.

I'll be honest, I literally laughed at those two nades thrown.

Tunavi said:
I should have gone to halofest... :(

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed that I'm not going. I wouldn't have had to get a hotel or a plane ticket, just PAX pass and drive to my parents.

Had I known with PAX passes went on sale that Halo CEA and a TU were coming this fall...

A27 Tawpgun said:
Going into Snipers alone...

HERE WE GO >_<

You like self-inflicting pain bro?

PooBone

Awesome Barlow said:
That means he is part of the cool club.
Juniors for life.
I remember when I was a junior, up until recently. *pleasant sigh*

Reminds me of when alienshogun tried to call me out and burn me for being a junior member, when I'd actually been registered longer than him. A few days later he committed internet suicide with that picture of him holding a handgun. Anyone still have that pic? God how I laughed.

Sean P.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Mmhmm. I am going to do the first "populated" walkthrough of the setup - with the Warthog, the art, the kiosks etc all set up.

FRANKIE

When/where can we line up for halofest? How is tournament entrance going to work?

neoism

So I'm sure there will a Halofest thread but is everyone going to post there... I think you all /we should just post here.

I am not going to be here tomorrow. I am going to have a ton to catch up on.

PooBone said:

Reminds me of when alienshogun tried to call me out and burn me for being a junior member, when I'd actually been registered longer than him. A few days later he committed internet suicide with that picture of him holding a handgun. Anyone still have that pic? God how I laughed.
Haha I thought I was accepted quickly until I talked to Starwolf.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Snipers is the only good solo playlist.
I'll have to disagree there. I think Snipers is a terrible playlist regardless of how many people you go in with.

PooBone said:

oh is that what happened? I'd like to see

A27 Tawpgun said:
Was anyone assigned to make one?
Ghaleon kind of hinted that he might, with his comment about bringing his laptop to HaloFest. I could have taken it wrong, but that was my impression.

edit: VV that's entirely possible. VV

squidhands said:
Ghaleon kind of hinted that he might, with his comment about bringing his laptop to HaloFest. I could have taken it wrong, but that was my impression.
I thought that was so he could start OT6 when this one reached 20k posts.

Also I saw this mentioned a while back but would it be against the rules for us to just have a Halogaf thread instead of a Reach one? Seeing as how we talk about all of the Halo titles in here and pretty soon we will be talking about Reach and CEA.

Tawpgun

thezerofire said:
Squad Slayer. At least you can't get immediately killed on your spawn.
I ain't touching my favorite playlist without a team.

In Snipers I can carry much easier than I can in a standard game.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I ain't touching my favorite playlist without a team.

In Snipers I can carry much easier than I can in a standard game.
In snipers all that happens is everyone votes for Uncaged for some reason and we inevitably get spawn camped.

senador

Banned
I've been playing snipers solo lately. I would agree it's one of the few lists you can go into alone. I've won games with quitters on my team or at least gone positive. That doesn't happen for me in other lists.

senador said:
I've been playing snipers solo lately. I would agree it's one of the few lists you can go into alone. I've won games with quitters on my team or at least gone positive. That doesn't happen for me in other lists.

That's because other lists have bloom.

senador

Banned
Tunavi said:
There NEEDS to be a Slayer Pro playlist.
I would like that if Needle Rifle loadout had frags instead of plasmas. I prefer NR but that loadout makes it a sticky fest. That includes me. My TOD in Slayer Pro usually ends up being plasmas with 6-10 sticks.

Sorry for 2 posts. I am on phone and it's difficult to combine quotes.

Awesome Barlow said:
Sorry double post. So I'll leave you with a cool Star Wars style Halo poster:
Halo__Reach_Poster_by_Halcylon.jpg

Source:http://halcylon.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2is17z
Carter's shoulder armor is wrong cuz he just mirrored the image. That bugs me. But it's still pretty cool.

And I'm sorry 100 ppp people, you probably have this image quoted 3 times now.

feel

Anyone up for the Halofest thread creating duties?? And I don't mean just making the thread and tossing a couple banners and some info in there and never touching it again, any of us could do that, I meant someone willing to keep it updated through the weekend with all the stuff happening and new important info/media coming out.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Letters said:
Anyone up for the Halofest thread creating duties?? And I don't mean just making the thread and tossing a couple banners and some info in there and never touching it again, any of us could do that, I meant someone willing to keep it updated through the weekend with all the stuff happening and new important info/media coming out.

That's a good idea. It'll make it easier for those of us going to PAX to give quick impressions.

Letters said:
*considers*

My weekend is too unknown for me to do it, unlike when I did the MS Gamescon thread. If no one else steps up to the plate I'll do it (as best as I reasonably can).

Kuroyume said:
What's the point of a Halo fest thread when there's a Halo thread?
This would be in Gaming, as there'll be a lot of news from the event, that is of interest to more than just HaloGAF.

Barrow Roll said:
Carter's shoulder armor is wrong cuz he just mirrored the image. That bugs me. But it's still pretty cool.

I fixed it for you. Is this better?

2zg87rm.jpg

Barrow Roll said:

Those people are lame anyways.

The Real Napsta said:
I fixed it for you. Is this better?

2zg87rm.jpg
Hahahahaha

Top Bottom