• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Zeouterlimits said:
Dani vs Deadly, 2 men, 1 bottle of whiskey (eww), who will be the victor?

Cool stuff :)

LOL, the hub is meant to compliment this thread and HBO's news gathering. I've run sucessful hubs for E3 Halo news, only this time I didn't add the IRC chat.

Expecting so much great news and info over this weekend.

ElRenoRaven

Steelyuhas said:

All I have to say is if you played Halo with me the other day you'd know the map that was my favorite and made me happy when I changed to it was Prisoner. It without a doubt is one of my favorite small maps in Halo. It was perfect for just 1 on 1 with a friend or with crazy assed 16 players crammed in it to kill each other.

I guess I can delete that forge remake now.

senador

Banned
I am neutral on Prisoner. Not sure how it will play. Is that map really big enough for 4v4? Oh and the vanilla Reach playlist Prisoner will suck with Jet Packs.

Kuroyume

Banned
Nerfing Armor Lock and Camo but not the others? I'm going to assume there's more to come on that but if that's not the case I'd can't see why trouble with those and other the others. Armor Lock isn't a load out in any playlist worth a damn and Camo is hardly used by anyone. I use it and I'm fine with it being nerfed only if every the others (hologram excluded) get their own fair share of adjustments too. Evade and Jetpack are the most problematic and anyone with any sense knows that.

Hey You

I wonder if AL and Camo nerfing will be across all of MM or certain playlists. I hope they will stay the same for some playlists.

Edit: is that all the TU details or are more coming?

Kuroyume said:
Nerfing Armor Lock and Camo but not the others? I'm going to assume there's more to come on that but if that's not the case I'd can't see why trouble with those and other the others. Armor Lock isn't a load out in any playlist worth a damn and Camo is hardly used by anyone. I use it and I'm fine with it being nerfed only if every the others (hologram excluded) get their own fair share of adjustments too. Evade and Jetpack are the most problematic and anyone with any sense knows that.

Evade definitely needs a nerf in the delay (or lack there of) between coming out of it and weapon use. Jetpack needs a hitbox revision or it should just be super fast without weapon usage.

I really, really hope we see some gameplay footage of the new Firefight map during the Anniversary panel!
Domino Theory said:
Posting from 30,000 feet. Can someone make text post of all the changes?
Jess said:
News on the timing of the Title Update release will be revealed at the Halo: Anniversary panel at 10 am on the 26th of August during Halo Fest.

Specifics:

Make damage bleed to health through shields possible.

Make reticle bloom configurable.

Modify Armor Lock.
• Sticky grenade will not be nullified if you use Armor Lock after being stuck.
• Damage received while in Armor Lock is transferred to remaining Armor Ability energy.
• How much the damage depletes your Armor Lock energy is configurable.

Modify Active Camo.
• Reduce the bonus time the player gets in Active Camo while standing still.
• Reduce the overall length of time the player can be in Active Camo.

Remove Sword block.
• Disable the ability to block Sword attacks using melee with anything other than another Sword.

Implement the classic Magnum from Halo: CE.

Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD.

So..... will the classic++ playlist be 3 shot pistol and no DMR? So many configurables now, i'm very intrigued as to how it's all going to be implemented in MM.

thee henery said:
So..... will the classic++ playlist be 3 shot pistol and no DMR? So many configurables now, i'm very intrigued as to how it's all going to be implemented in MM.

Easiest way I can think of is various names for certain gametypes, in before New Classic. lol.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Domino Theory said:
Posting from 30,000 feet. Can someone make text post of all the changes?
http://www.forwarduntodawn.com/halofest-summary-hub/

Make damage bleed to health through shields possible.

Make reticle bloom configurable.

Modify Armor Lock.
• Sticky grenade will not be nullified if you use Armor Lock after being stuck.
• Damage received while in Armor Lock is transferred to remaining Armor Ability energy.
• How much the damage depletes your Armor Lock energy is configurable.

Modify Active Camo.
• Reduce the bonus time the player gets in Active Camo while standing still.
• Reduce the overall length of time the player can be in Active Camo.

Remove Sword block.
• Disable the ability to block Sword attacks using melee with anything other than another Sword.

Implement the classic Magnum from Halo: CE.

Enable playing Co-Op Campaign and Firefight without requiring a HDD.

senador

Banned
Stuff like the following is really confusing me.

Of course while all of these features can be enabled via Matchmaking playlists, players should remember that 'normal' Reach gameplay can and will continue untouched in its own Matchmaking playlists.

To me, this implies 3 sets of playlists. Classic style, Reach, and updated Reach. That will blow!

I really hope their wording is just odd and that what it really means is that things like AA tweaks and no sword block will just go into Reach playlists immediately, but design changes like no bloom will not be there for starters until demand is shown. Sound right? If so, I really wish they'd stop saying "untouched", otherwise what is the point of tweaking AAs if the changes won't be in any playlist?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Beta Hoppers

Experience the Classic TU changes before Anniversary is released in special playlists - feedback from which will help shape the TU

FyreWulff said:
Did the Sword really need a buff like that?

Nope. Gonna be a bigger pain in the ass to deal with sword + evade/sprint now =/.

Dani said:
Beta Hoppers

Experience the Classic TU changes before Anniversary is released in special playlists - feedback from which will help shape the TU

HaloGAF, we know what we must do now.

ElRenoRaven

Dani said:
Beta Hoppers

I know where I'll be. lol

And dear god that Prisoner walkthrough. OMG I literally am about to cry from how fucking beautiful that map is.

Dani said:
Beta Hoppers

How? Will people be selected or will we get to experience the changes for a limited time before the TU is officially released?

FyreWulff

senador said:
Many here wanted it, but I've used it to my advantage many times to stop sprint-sworders, so I dunno. *shrugs*

Also like how the active camo nerf will make it so much fun for Elites in Invasion.

Looks like Evade is going to be my goto AA post-TU.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:
How? Will people be selected or will we get to experience the changes for a limited time before the TU is officially released?

David Ellis did say we'll all get to experience the TU before Anniversary hits, so...

senador

Banned
But, Ellis said it will help shape the TU. Just bad wording? Or 2 updates? 1 for beta, and a final?

Or, more likely the they'll had the ability to tweak tons and the beta playlists will be to tweak the settings for the playlists?

Either way, DO WANT.

wwm0nkey

senador said:
But, Ellis said it will help shape the TU. Just bad wording? Or 2 updates? 1 for beta, and a final?

Or, more likely the they'll had the ability to tweak tons and the beta playlists will be to tweak the settings for the playlists?

Either way, DO WANT.
Probably Beta TU then final TU or like you said tweaking the settings.

Havok said:
A nerf in the form of a bullet to its head, removing it from the game forever and always? Sounds great!

Hey man I'm with you all of the way but I don't see it going anywhere. I wish it was Elite/Invasion only but alas.

senador

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Probably Beta TU then final TU or like you said tweaking the settings.

The more I think of it its got to be the latter. TU enabling tweaks, "beta" hoppers, take feedback, make tweaks in time for CEA.

Edit: Fyrewulf must have never experienced Camo snipers or, Camo campers or....*gasp*....is one! ;)

senador said:
The more I think of it its got to be the latter. TU enabling tweaks, "beta" hoppers, take feedback, make tweaks in time for CEA.

There's probably changes that are easy to recognize and do. Then there is more subtle stuff that needs fine tuning not just an abrupt on/off type change.

Top Bottom