• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

wwm0nkey

PooBone said:
Why no Hang Em High in that video? We already now about it.

*puzzled*
Don't think they meant for it to pop up on the whiteboard (or maybe they did) I mean now that we know, an announcement wont be too far off.

Also wonder if this means we will get some Halo 2 aspects put into classic at all.

Zoolader

wwm0nkey said:
Don't think they meant for it to pop up on the whiteboard (or maybe they did) I mean now that we know, an announcement wont be too far off.

Also wonder if this means we will get some Halo 2 aspects put into classic at all.

Hang Em High, not Headlong

senador

Banned
PooBone said:
Why no Hang Em High in that video? We already now about it.

*puzzled*

Wondering the same. I'd rather they just show it and map 7. I guess they want some news leading up to release still. Maybe they'll be shown this weekend?

wwm0nkey said:

Not enough to "confirm" I don't think. You gotta stop spreading rumors. ;)

Dual wielding grenade launchers confirmed.

PooBone

senador said:
Wondering the same. I'd rather they just show it and map 7. I guess they want some news leading up to release still. Maybe they'll be shown this weekend?

They do still have a Halo: CE Anniversary Multiplayer panel Sunday, so who know what else the could announce there.

Homeboyd said:
Interesting. Would make sense. Some people were talking about how the environments in that sliver of video we saw didn't have shadows, so they could all be forge pieces. I'm not a big forge guy so I didn't pay a lot of attention.

wwm0nkey

Zoolader said:
Hang Em High, not Headlong
sorry got headlong in my head (favorite Halo 2 map) lol

Actually I really don't see a reason why not show off Hang em High. Not unless they just want to show off two maps at once rather than one or something.

wwm0nkey said:
sorry got headlong in my head (favorite Halo 2 map) lol

Actually I really don't see a reason why not show off Hang em High. Not unless they just want to show off two maps at once rather than one or something.

Unless Hang em High is a ....

forge map.

J10

Banned
Both Hang 'Em High and Prisoner are very grey. Not sure why that's suddenly a good thing with all the previous Forge World lamentations. Fancy new skyboxes change everything I guess.

J10 said:
Both Hang 'Em High and Prisoner are very grey. Not sure why that's suddenly a good thing with all the previous Forge World lamentations. Fancy new skyboxes change everything I guess.
It's not the same grey. And it's not uniform either.

Bread

Banned
J10 said:
Solitary doesn't look anything like a Forge World map...

senador

Banned
J10 said:

Dude, its higher res, its more textured, it gets real lighting. It has other detail like snow on it. WTF man?

PsychoRaven said:
It's Prisoner's name in Reach. You know how they like to change those names for remakes. the name is fitting though.

I like that 343 is carrying on Bungie's map naming convention. :)

ElRenoRaven

Bread said:
My problem with Forge World maps isn't the color, it's that every single map has the same assets. Solitary has brand new assets, with nice ice and snow effects.

Exactly. It isn't the color per say it's the lack of variety in Forgeworld designs. At the same time people tend with Forgeworld to enclose their maps entirely too with the giant grey walls resulting in a vary bland map.

With these they have a variety of textures, environmental effects, etc.

Right, the TU news is great. But... what about the grenades? If the classic++ playlist is to be truly classic then we need four grenades of each enabled. Reach nades are so overpowered they're limited to 1 on spawn in the games most serious playlist outside of MLG (The Arena).

Perhaps with increased jump height and speed they're not so much of a problem. My only experience with higher jump and faster speed is in the current classic playlist in which the grenades are even more powerful due to the damage buff across the board. Has anyone tested increased jump and speed with regular damage on? Are they considerably more bearable if so?

PooBone

I anyone else seeing the same thing I'm seeing here? Watching this firefight video on Installation 04, the area looks like the drop pod landing place near the cliff's edge, but in the back right corner (if you were on the cliff looking at the structures) there's a huge Forerunner door. That wasn't there in CE. Maybe that's just how they block you off from the rest of the level.

thee henery said:
Right, the TU news is great. But... what about the grenades? If the classic++ playlist is to be truly classic then we need four grenades of each enabled. Reach nades are so overpowered they're limited to 1 on spawn in the games most serious playlist outside of MLG (The Arena).

Perhaps with increased jump height and speed they're not so much of a problem. My only experience with higher jump and faster speed is in the current classic playlist in which the grenades are even more powerful due to the damage buff across the board. Has anyone tested increased jump and speed with regular damage on? Are they considerably more bearable if so?

No they're not more bearable because you can be killed with just one. Or have your shield chipped, and killed with one.

Devolution said:
No they're not more bearable because you can be killed with just one. Or have your shield chipped, and killed with one.

You cannot be killed by just one in default or classic as long as your shields and health are full.

Havok said:
Fuel rod guns spawning on default Spire Invasion. Really? Really?

Last game really reminded me why I rarely touch invasion. Best part was having the elites camp our human snipe while we're waiting to spawn after a cap.

The Real Napsta said:
You cannot be killed by just one in default or classic as long as your shields and health are full.

Full. Notice I said chipped. And you can be killed with one if you're chip damaged by the nade unless I'm mistaken.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Comparing Solitary to the cookie cutter Forge World palette is absurd. It's gorgeous, cohesive, and has atmosphere.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
PsychoRaven said:
Ah look at good old Louie Wu being all modest there. How sweet.

Funny thing was I stood in line with him last year for the Bungie panel and wasn't aware that he was who he was until Devin told me.

:p

Havok

Devolution said:
Last game really reminded me why I rarely touch invasion. Best part was having the elites camp our human snipe while we're waiting to spawn after a cap.
It was really everything that is horrible about that gametype coming together, forming a fist, and punching the players in their (proverbial, of course) balls. And I say that as someone who somehow went pretty strongly positive in that shitshow.

Havok said:
It was really everything that is horrible about that gametype coming together, forming a fist, and punching the players in their (proverbial, of course) balls. And I say that as someone who somehow went pretty strongly positive in that shitshow.

Pretty sure I was doin' okay kills wise until mister fuel rod spawn camp man came over.

Can someone go over what we know regarding the new maps?

7 total:

1. Installation 04 (1 FF map?)
  2. Beaver Creek
  3. Prisoner
  4. Damnation
  5. Timberland
  6. Hang'em High (most likely)

Which leaves one more map with a lot of people wanting Headlong, including me.

But I'd be okay with Waterworks, too or Colossus. Not interested in a turf remake, though. Relic could be interesting, but it's not an overwhelming favorite, so I wouldn't expect it to be remade. Same with Burial Mounds. Boarding action is a thought, but with so many varying opinions on jetpacks and how it would actually play out, it seems unlikely to be the seventh map. People have mentioned Terminal, but some have said the random train would be hard to add? Wait, I got it. FOUNDATION! :p Honestly though a larger map seems more likely so that they can try and make an invasion variant with it, while using forge pieces to make them better suited to 4v4 and 5v5 game types as well.

Deputy Moonman said:
Can someone go over what we know regarding the new maps?

7 total:

1. Installation 04 (1 FF map?)
  2. Beaver Creek
  3. Prisoner
  4. Damnation
  5. Timberland
  6. Hang'em High (most likely)

Which leaves one more map with a lot of people wanting Headlong, including me.

But I'd be okay with Waterworks, too or Colossus. Not interested in a turf remake, though. Relic could be interesting, but it's not an overwhelming favorite, so I wouldn't expect it to be remade. Same with Burial Mounds. Boarding action is a thought, but with so many varying opinions on jetpacks and how it would actually play out, it seems unlikely to be the seventh map. People have mentioned Terminal, but some have said the random train would be hard to add? Wait, I got it. FOUNDATION! :p Honestly though a larger map seems more likely so that they can try and make an invasion variant with it, while using forge pieces to make them better suited to 4v4 and 5v5 game types as well.

Headlong has pretty much been teased/confirmed with that picture I would think.

wwm0nkey

Deputy Moonman said:
What picture? I wish I was there! I thought there was some confusion and it could have been hang'em high?
here
HEADLONG.png

Not officially confirmed but very very likely

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
here
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b218/Muddy9494/HEADLONG.png[IMG]

Not officially confirmed but very very likely[/QUOTE]
Just sat down on my computer. This is all I need to know, everything else is irrelevant. Good day.

Top Bottom