• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

senador said:
Already confirmed dude. This was shown in the initial video at E3.
I remember seeing some pics of what was basically hang'em high with the center platform where the old sniper rifle used to be. I guess I thought people saw something similar and confused it for headlong. But if it's the actual word Headlong on a dry erase board, I think that comes as close to confirming it without actually confirming it.

I think most people will agree that I was very vocal, in a very negative and unkind way, toward Halo:Reach upon release, and also toward the lack of Halo:CE matchmaking (probably even more negative about the matchmaking or lack thereof) when the CE remake was announced. But, I have to admit, these changes coming with the TU and the map remakes look pretty incredible. My hat is off to all involved. Having to wait a whole year or longer for Halo4 is no longer a concern or a reason to hold a grudge. I may even have to send everyone at 343i steak dinners.

GhaleonEB

Oh hai. Any news?

The bad news is they're limiting Grunt plushies to 3 per person. The good news is on the way to the car to drop off the 1st load of swag, I did some thinking about my life, and I've changed. I'm really not the same person I was the last time through the line.

Heading over to the Waypoint panel now.

GhaleonEB said:
Oh hai. Any news?

The bad news is they're limiting Grunt plushies to 3 per person. The good news is on the way to the car to drop off the 1st load of swag, I did some thinking about my life, and I've changed. I'm really not the same person I was the last time through the line.

I'd do anything for a Grunt plushie.

Thoughts on the firefight map?

GhaleonEB said:
Oh hai. Any news?

How so? Different types of swag? :p

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
GhaleonEB said:
Oh hai. Any news?

I will pay you to send me one of those plushies! (Never thought I'd hear myself say that).

:p

neoism

just got home.....

PRISONER REMAKE.....

my favorite map in Halo history... :O

epic_brofist_by_mentaloliblade-d33p6j5.gif

Farooq said:
lol, yea I posted in it.

I was just wondering...uh... Never mind. My question was stupid, because I just read the schedule, and we probably won't hear anything until Sunday.

Yeah assuming they all have access to post, we probably won't hear stuff from some of them till they're back home.

MrBig

Devolution said:
If I could honestly complain about one thing when it comes to the artwork, it's that they need more concept art books. Heh.
Those are nice but I don't want it to end up like H3 where we had little of the artists actually releasing the work themselves and mostly having it all in a little tiny format in a book.

Farooq said:
lol, yea I posted in it.

I was just wondering...uh... Never mind. My question was stupid, because I just read the schedule, and we probably won't hear anything until Sunday.

Haha. I should have known. I'm trying to keep up with all this stuff and still get work done. Halo>Work right now.

Tunavi said:
The 7 Maps

Beaver Creek
Damnation
Timberland
Hang Em High
Prisoner
Headlong
Installation 4 (FF)

This sounds right to me so far. Glad we caught that headlong pic! Hope it's spot on and announced later tonight/this weekend.

MrBig said:
Those are nice but I don't want it to end up like H3 where we had little of the artists actually releasing the work themselves and mostly having it all in a little tiny format in a book.

It doesn't have to come with the game in a tiny booklet. But I'd really love some a big concept art book available to purchase with their next game.

Farooq

Banned
Honestly, CEA's map rotation is already leagues above Reach's shipped maps.

On a somewhat related tangent, with the new(old) 3sk pistol, we will now be able to combat more than one opponent. Even though the pistol still has a small clip size, I am somewhat excited.

Farooq said:
Honestly, CEA's map rotation is already leagues above Reach's shipped maps.

On a somewhat related tangent, with the new(old) 3sk pistol, we will now be able to combat more than one opponent. Even though the pistol still has a small clip size, I am somewhat excited.

Frankie did say three "head shots" to kill. So hopefully hit bonus for head shot weapons even with shields. At least that's how I heard it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A27 Tawpgun said:
Pray its called Forge City. Headlong, Terminal and Turf. Massive Forge Opportunities.
I would freak the eff out with excitement. Hnnnggghhh.

Farooq said:
So when do we get feedback of halo fest from Halo-GAF?

I am interested in hearing how the revamped multiplayer plays.

Ok some tweets are coming up with some info. Nothing groundbreaking yet, but this might be a good place to watch while they are at the 'fest.

http://twitter.com/#!/ncsuDuncan/halogaf-at-pax

Farooq

Banned
ShortBizzle said:
Frankie did say three "head shots" to kill. So hopefully hit bonus for head shot weapons even with shields. At least that's how I heard it.

I heard 3 headshots too. Either way, hitscan in addition to larger hitboxes on the head, don't really make headshots that challenging to make. The sniper is a great example. It is a lot easier to get head shots with the sniper in Reach than it was in Halo 3.

OMG they did remove sword block?! Damn 343 I'm starting to believe.

The reason its bad is because:
1. Realistic reasons: Energy supposedly cut through armors and shields in all the other Halo's why can it be BLOCKED now? How can you block pure energy like that?
2. Logistical reasons. Why doesn't it work sometimes and other times it does, the timing is very indefinite and usually depends on connection and many other things, it just becomes too random. Also theres no tutorial or explanation that it was added. So how are we supposed to know HOW to use it correctly. I'm still not sure after ~3500 games of Reach.
3. It wasn't programmed accurately.
4. The fact you can't shoot far players and need to switch weapons to something else and that takes along time in Reach is a good enough balance. Theres no reason that if someone does outsmart someone and switch to sword knowing someone else is going to rush them that hard that they should lose that battle, no reason.
5. It helps noobs, I can't remember how many times I've been sword blocked using it against a Guest(3). How could they possibly know how to do that? Answer: They don't.

Thanks 343!

Any word on a Banshee nerf??? That was the other suggestion I legitimately thought would really help the game that basically wasn't an opinion. That thing is too overpowered.

Farooq said:
I heard 3 headshots too. Either way, hitscan in addition to larger hitboxes on the head, don't really make headshots that challenging to make. The sniper is a great example. It is a lot easier to get head shots with the sniper in Reach than it was in Halo 3.

I'd like this feature. Wonder how it would play out for the DMR? 4 body 1 head OR 3 head??

kylej

Banned
The second I place the CE disc into my Xbox I'm going to eBay the shit out of Reach. I hope it's sold before I'm done installing to harddrive.

feel

kylej said:
The second I place the CE disc into my Xbox I'm going to eBay the shit out of Reach. I hope it's sold before I'm done installing to harddrive.
I'm deleting the DD version, burning the disc version and giving the statue to my pitbulls for them to play with

just a heads up to some of you who might be unaware, there's a ton of halofest discussion going on in a new Gaming thread.

Voltron64

kylej said:
How much do you think you'll get for it? Maybe you'll have to pay the person to take it off your hands.

cory021

Neo Member
Something I would love to see fixed in the TU is the ability apply screenshots to forge maps. So when you load them or select them in matchmaking you can actually see what they look like instead of looking at Paradiso.

Top Bottom