• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Havok said:
I'm really curious if any of the objective ruleset is going to be touched by the TU. Stuff like fixing sudden death, flag proximity contesting, all that should either go back to its best incarnation or be made configurable.

I hope to christ the TU fixes some spawning issues in objective.

fatguywoof28m2c57.gif

Tawpgun

Dax01 said:
I gotta ask: If the pistol takes only three shots to kill, what roles do the DMR and Nerfle serve?

Edit: And holy crap, is that a Forerunner city in the background? :O

Range.

I think the pistol will end up getting slightley nerfed. Never saw anyone kill someone that fast with the Halo 1 pistol.

MrBig

1. Headlong Headlong Headlong
2. Prisoner (Solitary)
3. Timberlands (Ridgeline)
4. Damnation
5. Beaver Creek (Battle Creek)
6. Hang Em' High (grey forge map 2.0?)
7. "Halo" FF map (Installation 004)

List complete.

No bloom.

Reach just became playable.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Range.

I think the pistol will end up getting slightley nerfed. Never saw anyone kill someone that fast with the Halo 1 pistol.

You didn't play Halo 1 or not well at least. To be honest I think the shooting is a bit faster.

Tawpgun

MrBig said:
1. Headlong Headlong Headlong
2. Prisoner (Solitary)
3. Timberlands (Ridgeline)
4. Damnation
5. Beaver Creek (Battle Creek)
6. Hang Em High
7. "Halo" FF map (Installation 004)

List complete.

No bloom.

Reach just became playable.
Fixed.

Devolution said:
You didn't play Halo 1 or not well at least. To be honest I think the shooting is a bit faster.
I played a LOT on Halo PC and on my version of it (cracked) I was among the best there. I have never seen someone kill someone that fast. I don't think the pistol shot that fast.

Devolution said:
It is, they need to slow the rate of fire for the classic playlists or else this M6D talk is blatantly false.

MrBig

Syracuse022 said:
It is, they need to slow the rate of fire for the classic playlists or else this M6D talk is blatantly false.
Yep. RoF on the DMR and pistol needs to be capped and reduced.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Fixed.

I played a LOT on Halo PC and on my version of it (cracked) I was among the best there. I have never seen someone kill someone that fast. I don't think the pistol shot that fast.

I rewatched, the Halo CE version definitely has a slower rate of fire.

Havok

ShortBizzle said:
This has some more multiplayer footage. Plus more footage of headlong. I noticed no teleporter...
Updated variants of the classic maps have small changes like that. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a 'classic' variant with the teleporter intact.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ShortBizzle said:
This has some more multiplayer footage. Plus more footage of headlong. I noticed no teleporter...
Holy crap some of that footage is such garbage! Gotta love that one clip on Damnation where the guy almost betrays his teammate. SMH.

And the grenade yoink, also on Damnation. That one made me laugh at least.

Havok said:
Updated variants of the classic maps have small changes like that. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a 'classic' variant with the teleporter intact.

Yeah, I agree. I like how they gave us the original in addition to fresh takes on the maps.

Nutter

bobs99 ... said:
Meh if MLG take advantage of some of the TU stuff I will be interested in it next time. For now its crappy vanilla Reach. eww.
So Vanilla Reach sucks, and then the TU without a ROF change will suck.. what will you do?

Make up your mind...

ElRenoRaven

A27_StarWolf said:
Stacker....... so good.

Yes Yes he is. I so pray to god Marty will post these clips all on the net. I so want to save them.

ROFLMAO @ those Reach outtakes of Keyes in Reach. My sides are literally hurting from laughing so hard.

Crucio

Just finished going through the IGN videos, man that's some exciting stuff. I'm blown away by the look of CEA. Headlong??? Holy crap, Gauss hog? Holy Crap. Installation 04 FF map? Holy Crap. Those 6 new maps and great picks, I'm pumped.

The Terminal videos look fantastic, I'm REALLY looking forward to diving into those.

Was it my understanding that the panels are being recorded and uploaded to the interwebs? That would be fantastic!

Ken said:
Isn't Penitent Tangent red?

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/2401_Penitent_Tangent

---

Spoiler if you didn't watch the Terminal video:
Picture from the Terminal Video I think

Is that a Forerunner or something else? Had the volume at low and was playing Third Strike so I couldn't hear what the Monitor was saying.
Ken I always thought that Penitent Tangent was red because he was under the gravemind's control.

Top Bottom