• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

MrBig

Watching the Anniversary Panel that I missed yesterday morning. If you have Reach installed you can play all the Reach maps from the CEA disc, which means the only thing its leaving my 360 for is BF3 :)

I now own two Reach discs that are basically worthless since no one LANs anymore

MrBig said:
Watching the Anniversary Panel that I missed yesterday morning. If you have Reach installed you can play all the Reach maps from the CEA disc, which means the only thing its leaving my 360 for is BF3 :)

Amen brother : )

Also anyone at pax have a look at the achievements yet for CEA? If you had the chance, that is.

Tawpgun

Do you guys think Halo is big enough to branch out of PAX and become an independent Halofest Event? Similar to CoD XP, Blizzcon, Ect.

Or at least have a Halofest at PAX every year, or every other year or something.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Do you guys think Halo is big enough to branch out of PAX and become an independent Halofest Event? Similar to CoD XP, Blizzcon, Ect.

Or at least have a Halofest at PAX every year, or every other year or something.

assuming COD XP will be good :p? HA

Hey You

Wasn't the removal of fall damage mentioned a while back? Unless I'm read over it, I don't see it in the TU details.

I guess it couldn't be implemented?

MrBig

Hey You said:
Wasn't the removal of fall damage mentioned a while back? Unless I'm read over it, I don't see it in the TU details.

Those details are just the major points.

Holy shit at all this new news. <343

Quick question, though: if you can play all the Reach maps from the CEA disc, can you still change your Reach Spartan and stuff from there? I'd assume that the multiplayer editing stuff is still there considering you just play as Chief in CEA's campaign and not Six.

ElRenoRaven

NOKYARD said:
Showed this post to my GF. Her response, "Maybe, if he's lucky she'll show him her version of "donging". But, he shouldn't get his hopes up after doing that".

Sounds like one awesome girlfriend you have there.

A27 Tawpgun said:

I don't think so. I think 343 really were smart about this to include it into PAX.

Farooq

Banned
Hey You said:
Ah Okay, I thought hearing someone (from 343) at a panel saying that was the complete list.

I hope we get a more comprehensive list.

Also stuff they are thinking about or can do but choose not to. I think 343 should be transparent with the community, to flesh out a TU more in line with the communities interest.

MrBig

Farooq said:
I hope we get a more comprehensive list.

Also stuff they are thinking about or can do but choose not to. I think 343 should be transparent with the community, to flesh out a TU more in line with the communities interest.
There was some stuff they already talked about that wasn't in that list, but as Frankie posted about earlier, everything is still being tweaked and implemented, tested atm, so once that is done we will likely get a complete listing.

Tawpgun

A27_StarWolf said:
assuming COD XP will be good :p? HA
Don't even hate dude, if you knew ANYTHING about CoD XP you'd know it is a RIDICULOUSLY good and awesome event for CoD fans. Hell if I was offered a free trip and ticket there I would go without hesitation.

Devin Olsen said:
Well we haven't ordered yet. We can wait

Edit apparently you guys won't be here for 8:00 even. Should we wait?

Where are you fine folks

Sean P
Hypertrooper
Hitmonchan107
GhaleonEB
Captain Blood
Eazy B
Ramirez
Domino Theory

Cocopjojo said:
Glad you liked it, Ghal. I had a blast, too.

Blood, Ram and I are out for the breakfast. We're beat.

Hope you weren't saving spots for us or anything.

Hey You

A27 Tawpgun said:

I don't believe so.

Halofest is a awesome thing and should be looked at for Pax, but not its own separate thing.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Don't even hate dude, if you knew ANYTHING about CoD XP you'd know it is a RIDICULOUSLY good and awesome event for CoD fans. Hell if I was offered a free trip and ticket there I would go without hesitation.

Kanye? I'll pass.

A27 Tawpgun said:

Depends on the costs: When you go to halofest now, you're actually buying a PAX ticket so that's 2 for the price of one. They would have to make the halofest tickets less expensive if they want to get a lot of visitors.

Striker said:
Hope so. Not trying to get into the fanatics, but the DMR/AR bullshit is old and tiresome. That said, I prefer not to have DMR start spawns in every single damn playlist. That's one of the biggest annoyances I have in current TO. Per map based, fine, but not universal.

Oh, also, it would be wonderful if we got a Classic playlist that's 8v8.

Add Hemorrhage, Highlands, Headlong, and Timberland. K, thanks.

In the current state the game is in, DMR start is the only way.

Shocked at people concerned about the Pistol being OP. A good starting weapon is apparently a bad thing now lol. Also, it will never be that good because as long as it has 8 shots in a clip, it is still significantly gimped even if its super powerful.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
MrBig said:
Those details are just the major points.
Whoa, really? I thought the changes announced on the Waypoint forums was the final list? They didn't say that explicitly, but there was no mention of further changes to come, so I just figured.

Dax01 said:
Yay internet! It's rainy and windy here in Wilmington.

Make it shine, HaloFest.
Has the hurricane totally passed? I haven't been following the news on it. Glad you're okay.

Havok said:
Hey, 343 guys, just throwing this out there. If there isn't a Banshee fix on the horizon, then just don't bother releasing any more BTB maps. Cause this shit is ridiculous. More than anything, this garbage ruins what could be a passable playlist. It's goddamn ridiculous.

And maybe take a look at spawns while you're at it. That happened three times in a single game.

(I bought Bungie Pro in a burst of anger to show this shit.)

Just put more lasers on the map 343. That will take care of those pesky banshees!

ElRenoRaven

Havok said:
Hey, 343 guys, just throwing this out there. If there isn't a Banshee fix on the horizon, then just don't bother releasing any more BTB maps. Cause this shit is ridiculous. More than anything, this garbage ruins what could be a passable playlist. It's goddamn ridiculous.

And maybe take a look at spawns while you're at it. That happened three times in a single game.

Holy Crap. Now I see 100 percent why everyone says it's broken. I have been lucky with my Banshee experiences.

Yes Banshee is one of the Nerfs I thought was pretty neccassary for the TU but haven't heard anything so it looks not so good.

Its ability to swing constantly makes it almost impossible to shoot it down with DMR or Laser. At least if someone decent is controlling it. I suck at em but those kids with like 70,000 Banshee kills. Its obviously an exploit that needs to go.

Controlling it means making a loop or barrel roll take half the booster seems about right but also those boosters charge back up pretty damn quick. Maybe that should also be upped a bit longer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hey You said:

The only good thing about CODXP is that Dropkick Murphys is playing.

Tawpgun

The Real Napsta said:
Kanye? I'll pass.
Free MW3 Hardened Edition for everyone?
Paintball on a MW2 Map?
Juggernaut Costume Sumo?
Speed Running the MW2 Training Course?
Zipline?
Kanye? I'm not a big fan, but he's a big artists and I'm surprised they got him.
Dropkick Murphy's will also be opening.
First to play the mutliplayer
IRL Weapons and Equipment from the game on display
1 MILLION DOLLAR TOURNAMENT

I don't like CoD at all. I hate what it's influence has done on many games. Reach included.

But CoD XP sounds absolutely insane.

EDIT: Just replace everything with Halo stuff. then poop your pants.

senador

Banned
Havok said:

I want a Banshee nerd too. I really hope one comes, I don't think an outright removal of it is right because I like what the banshee adds to the map...but not as it is now. I am hoping no bloom DMR at least helps take it out easier. Headlong isn't as open as the current BTB maps and Ridgeline has lots of tree cover so that should help too. Still, please fix it. :(

Man, I fucking hate spawns. They are super-terribad. If this can be fixed via map/gametype great, but I wonder if there is an underlying bug because these things just suck. The worst is Asylum and Uncaged. I had what happened to you happen for me but I was the dude spawning behind you:

A27 Tawpgun said:
Paintball on a MW2 Map?
Juggernaut Costume Sumo?
Speed Running the MW2 Training Course?
Zipline?
Kanye? I'm not a big fan, but he's a big artists and I'm surprised they got him.
Dropkick Murphy's will also be opening.
First to play the mutliplayer
IRL Weapons and Equipment from the game on display
1 MILLION DOLLAR TOURNAMENT

I don't like CoD at all. I hate what it's influence has done on many games. Reach included.

But CoD XP sounds absolutely insane.

Damn Id love to do that training course and paintball, you know what MW2 map?

That event sounds amazing.

NOKYARD

PsychoRaven said:
Sounds like one awesome girlfriend you have there.
She is.

Thursday she talked me into getting a 50 inch Plasma TV when i was shopping for a 42 inch, has never once nagged me about playing Halo till 4 AM and today, instead of a cake she requested I BBQ some very large steaks for her birthday.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
NOKYARD said:
She is.

Thursday she talked me into getting a 50 inch Plasma TV when i was shopping for a 42 inch, has never once nagged me about playing Halo till 4 AM and today, instead of a cake she requested I BBQ some very large steaks for her birthday.

Hahahah that's amazing

Havok said:

Very much this. A banshee nerf of some sort has to happen because as of right now it's a flying rocket launcher with infinite ammo and a built in evade ability. Not fun. Extending the cool down time for the banshee bomb would be a good start.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A27 Tawpgun said:
Paintball on a MW2 Map?
EDIT: Just replace everything with Halo stuff. then poop your pants.
I said wow. That honestly sounds amazing, and I hate COD.

And I don't know why they have a zipline, but who cares, ziplines are always awesome.

Oh yeah, side note: I had no idea Uncaged had a shotgun until like two weeks ago. I've been (begrudgingly) playing that map for almost a year, wtf, hah.

PsychoRaven said:
Sounds like ring material to me.
Not every good relationship has to turn into marriage...

ElRenoRaven

NOKYARD said:
She is.

Sounds like ring material to me. And I ain't talkin Halo Ring.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
NOKYARD said:
She is.

Grill, you don't BBQ steaks.

I'll assume this relationship is a new one?

ElRenoRaven

A27_StarWolf said:
Could someone show me hhow to get the ign video onto my computer?

Unless there is some software out there I don't know if you can. They used to allow you to download videos but limited high quality to insiders. Now it seems that all downloads are insider limited.

PsychoRaven said:
Unless there is some software out there I don't know if you can. They used to allow you to download videos but limited high quality to insiders. Now it seems that all downloads are insider limited.

Frankie, Ellis, save me :p!

Top Bottom