• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

NOKYARD

omg.kittens said:
Not every good relationship has to turn into marriage...
This.

omg.kittens said:
Grill, you don't BBQ steaks.

I'll assume this relationship is a new one?
I stand corrected. Grill it is.

We have both been married before and are quite happy as we are now. Together for 11 years, longer than the combined lengths of our marriages.

She made this for one of our anniversary cards.
7w4Mn.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
NOKYARD said:
This.

I stand corrected. Grill it is.

We have both been married before and are quite happy as we are now. Together for 11 years, longer than the combined lengths of our marriages.

She made this for one of our anniversary cards.
7w4Mn.jpg

Ah, that may make things different. Sounds like she may have learned compromise from past experience.

My wife is kinda like your girlfriend, only she's very shrewd (cheap), however, she leaves me to my games. ;)

Good on you bud.

Tashi0106 said:
I'm not saying you're wrong.

Mmmm hmm.

I've got my eye on you.

wwm0nkey

Posted this in the other thread but it seems Microsoft picked up Halo: Faith or something because it the first few minutes are being shown Sunday at HaloFest.

Karl2177

Fuck my ISP. First they can't offer a good connection speed, now they can't stay online for more than a day...

On another note, for the TU can we make the ammo boxes in FF more customizable? Any weapon or make it like ODST?

Schmitty

So yesterday I thought I saw in the thread that Headlong was confirmed, but now I can't find that info anywhere. Was I tricked?

Havok

neoism said:
thats the IWHBYD skull isn't it
Yep. Cross posted from the Halofest thread:
I had a different profile, each with a checkpoint immediately before a Halo 2 skull so I could get them all at the drop of a hat. That one in particular was a total bitch, you had to block off entrances to the courtyard you spawned in and drop a bunch of plasma pistols into it so you'd be able to kill the Elites that spawned (the dual plasma rifle ones were so incredibly frustrating). It was crazy. I miss that stuff.

neoism

Havok said:
Yep. Cross posted from the Halofest thread:
I had a different profile, each with a checkpoint immediately before a Halo 2 skull so I could get them all at the drop of a hat. That one in particular was a total bitch, you had to block off entrances to the courtyard you spawned in and drop a bunch of plasma pistols into it so you'd be able to kill the Elites that spawned (the dual plasma rifle ones were so incredibly frustrating). It was crazy. I miss that stuff.
I hope if skulls are in 4 they are reallly hard to find. This stuff from Halo 2 was the best.

cory021

Neo Member
Havok said:
Hey, 343 guys, just throwing this out there. If there isn't a Banshee fix on the horizon, then just don't bother releasing any more BTB maps. Cause this shit is ridiculous. More than anything, this garbage ruins what could be a passable playlist. It's goddamn ridiculous.

And maybe take a look at spawns while you're at it. That happened three times in a single game.

(I bought Bungie Pro in a burst of anger to show this shit.)
Right now the Banshee is an armored Ghost with Jetpack, Evade, Sprint, and infinite Fuel Rod all in one 2-3 minute respawning vehicle. For the title update, I would be thrilled if Banshee maneuvers were tied to Boost Energy and the Fuel Rod was just removed.

On a side note, I think Headlong would have been way cooler if it had the Halo ODST aesthetic like this:
game-rant-a-look-back-at-halo-3-odst-gameplay2.jpg

Tawpgun

Halo 2 Skulls = Insane-o hard.
Halo 3 Skulls = Clever hiding spots. But much much easier to get to.
Halo Reach Skulls = Given to the players....

It's also amazing that the scarab gun was never meant to be an easter egg. The fact that people managed to go through that frustrating game of luring the banshee in and flying up there to find it is amazing.

wwm0nkey

cory021 said:
Right now the Banshee is an armored Ghost with Jetpack, Evade, Sprint, and infinite Fuel Rod all in one 2-3 minute respawning vehicle. For the title update, I would be thrilled if Banshee maneuvers were tied to Boost Energy and the Fuel Rod was just removed.

On a side note, I think Headlong would have been way cooler if it had the Halo ODST aesthetic like this:
ummm it does have an ODST aesthetic.

cory021 said:

ODST never looked like that for me. On both big TVs I've played it on. It was always too dark. But the computer screen I've played it on, it looks like that.

ODST had really weird lighting. Some areas were too dark, or darker than they should've been. But the lighting was gorgeous for the most part.

senador

Banned
cory021 said:
That's why I posted the night time picture...

Because I was referring to the night parts of ODST...

Night themes don't work for multiplayer really. They'd have to brighten it up and make it look weird like Blackout. It would look cool, but I'm glad they did daytime.

I am stoked for an official reveal of it.

cory021

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure some parts of the hub are darker than others. I know there's some place right in the middle where everything is almost pitch black, but then a few blocks away it is lighter.

Looks like I just barely missed the Bungie panel. Did I miss anything cool?

PooBone

wwm0nkey said:
Posted this in the other thread but it seems Microsoft picked up Halo: Faith or something because it the first few minutes are being shown Sunday at HaloFest.
WTF is Halo: Faith? Sounds like a Christian book lol.

Watching some gameplay of Timberland, and it looks AMAZING!

Kuroyume

Banned
i nerini del buio said:
well I hope they nerf the gauss hog too :/
that small clip of headlong was kinda scary you know

Have you never played Headlong or something? Despite being BTB and pretty roomy it's not really a vehicle map. The gauss was there on the old map and not everyone could get it inside the buildings easily. It's going to be rocket fodder if they don't do something about the splash damage and the way the vehicle handles... More so than the original which wasn't difficult to take out. If there's one thing that I want to see gone is the fuel rod on the Banshee. That could ruin assault on the map. Also, please tell me they're bringing back flag juggling for classic. Not being able to juggle will be terrible.

Dax01 said:
ODST never looked like that for me. On both big TVs I've played it on. It was always too dark. But the computer screen I've played it on, it looks like that.

ODST had really weird lighting. Some areas were too dark, or darker than they should've been. But the lighting was gorgeous for the most part.

I feel like the lighting was done on purpose.

I would love if Headlong was dark, or had a special forgefx.

PooBone

OK, here's a serious and disconcerting question for anyone at 343. I was watching this video with Arthur Gies and Kevin Grace going through 343 Guilty Spark, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiULVRFIikw

First of all, there's no shotgun where he picks it up early on. I figure that might be a build thing for the demo to show the shotgun model. But the bigger issue: in classic mode, why the hell are all the jackals carrying green shields? Their shields were yellow and blue, not green. If the game is supposed to be exactly the same, why is this one thing different, and what else could be different that we haven't seen?

senador

Banned
PooBone said:
OK, here's a serious and disconcerting question for anyone at 343. I was watching this video with Arthur Gies and Kevin Grace going through 343 Guilty Spark, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiULVRFIikw

First of all, there's no shotgun where he picks it up early on. I figure that might be a build thing for the demo to show the shotgun model. But the bigger issue: in classic mode, why the hell are all the jackals carrying green shields? Their shields were yellow and blue, not green. If the game is supposed to be exactly the same, why is this one thing different, and what else could be different that we haven't seen?

You should probably post that in the HaloFest thread instead of here. Its more likely to be seen since that's a CEA question and not a Reach one.

Top Bottom