• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

PooBone said:
OK, here's a serious and disconcerting question for anyone at 343. I was watching this video with Arthur Gies and Kevin Grace going through 343 Guilty Spark, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiULVRFIikw

First of all, there's no shotgun where he picks it up early on. I figure that might be a build thing for the demo to show the shotgun model. But the bigger issue: in classic mode, why the hell are all the jackals carrying green shields? Their shields were yellow and blue, not green. If the game is supposed to be exactly the same, why is this one thing different, and what else could be different that we haven't seen?
There's a shotgun there on the easier difficulties.

wwm0nkey

PooBone said:
WTF is Halo: Faith? Sounds like a Christian book lol.

Watching some gameplay of Timberland, and it looks AMAZING!
Its a Halo fan movie using a lot of CGi studios, which helped with AVATAR and The Hulk.

neoism

Dax01 said:
ODST never looked like that for me. On both big TVs I've played it on. It was always too dark. But the computer screen I've played it on, it looks like that.

ODST had really weird lighting. Some areas were too dark, or darker than they should've been. But the lighting was gorgeous for the most part.
I must be the only one that loves the green night vision... in both ODST and REACH. I use it if its avliable. I love the grain it gives the game.

kylej

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Good, then you can hit the gym some more. Get swole son.

College gym, dude. Fit girls in yoga pants and shitloads of weights.

227839420.gif

Kuroyume said:
Have you never played Headlong or something? Despite being BTB and pretty roomy it's not really a vehicle map. The gauss was there on the old map and not everyone could get it inside the buildings easily. It's going to be rocket fodder if they don't do something about the splash damage and the way the vehicle handles... More so than the original which wasn't difficult to take out. If there's one thing that I want to see gone is the fuel rod on the Banshee. That could ruin assault on the map. Also, please tell me they're bringing back flag juggling for classic. Not being able to juggle will be terrible.
weak point + strong point != balanced let alone fun
just look at the banshee

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
kylej said:
College gym, dude. Fit girls in yoga pants and shitloads of weights.

227839420.gif

Yeah, unfortunately college gyms are also full of dudebros. Even moreso than in my Golds gym, and that's saying something.

P.S your image is fucked.

This past spring, HaloGAF moved to the Gaming Side. Two days later six people were brutally murdered. Find out what happene....GOD WHY DO I HAVE TO WATCH THIS DAMN AD SO MANY TIMES I'M NOT GOING TO SEE YOUR SHITTY MOVIE!!!!!

Edit:

i nerini del buio said:
I don't see any ad
just install no-script and be happy :)

It's already too late for me. Go on without me.

Bregmann Roche said:
This past spring, HaloGAF moved to the Gaming Side. Two days later six people were brutally murdered. Find out what happene....GOD WHY DO I HAVE TO WATCH THIS DAMN AD SO MANY TIMES I'M NOT GOING TO SEE YOUR SHITTY MOVIE!!!!!
I don't see any ad
just install no-script and be happy :)

kylej

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Yeah, unfortunately college gyms are also full of dudebros. Even moreso than in my Golds gym, and that's saying something.

I have to deal with bros even at the tiny gym I go to at home. Some dopey dude was trying to give me pointer on shrugs the other day. Shrugs. Get of my nuts dude I'm trying to work out. Now that I'm biking all over campus and lifting my body will be ready for PAX East. My East Coast dawgs better be there this spring.

edit.
PISTOLA IS SO FUCKING NASTY HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTT

Ken

Kuroyume said:
Anyone have a picture of the Grunt plushie? How much do they cost? Will they sell them outside of PAX?

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/wp-content/gallery/halo-commissary/grunts.jpg
http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/blog/TheHaloBulletin/8.24.11/image9.jpg

I think someone said they cost $17 each.

Wired.com said:
Sure to be the most popular item at the show, this $17 plush version of Halo's lovable cannon fodder enemy character is only sold at the Fest. The run is limited to 5,000 pieces. There's a limit of three per customer, so buy one for yourself and two to hawk on eBay.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
kylej said:
I have to deal with bros even at the tiny gym I go to at home. Some dopey dude was trying to give me pointer on shrugs the other day. Shrugs. Get of my nuts dude I'm trying to work out. Now that I'm biking all over campus and lifting my body will be ready for PAX East. My East Coast dawgs better be there this spring.

edit.
PISTOLA IS SO FUCKING NASTY HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTT

What did he tell you?

the only thing I see all the time that I think about telling people is try to avoid rolling your shoulders. Other than that, let people alone.

ElRenoRaven

So that last panel kicked ass. It was way too damn short though. The others have averaged an hour but it was only about 45 mins. The questions started out ok and then went straight to dumbshit alley.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A27_StarWolf said:
The fact that the Halo 4 panel is in another theater hints to me that epic things will happen.

Halo 4 is a bigger deal than any other panel thus far - not surprised they're giving it some space. Although chances are it will be more about the people making Halo 4 than Halo 4 itself.

wwm0nkey

A27 Tawpgun said:
This damn hurricane better hold off on knocking out my power until at least the Halo 4 Panel will be over.
Frankie: We are happy to show you the first in-game trailer for Halo 4
*internet cuts off*
Tawpgun: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

VINYL/OPTIONAL NEW SOUNDTRACK/GRUNT PLUSHIES/ETC HHNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You know, I was honestly kind of worried 343 wouldn't be able to generate the same hype that Bungie has in the past (Halo 2 E3 trailer is probably the best example), but they are going above and beyond. Goddamn.

wwm0nkey

PsychoRaven said:
I hope Fyrewulff is joking on twitter.

IF he isn't and they didn't cap the rate of fire on DMR/NR then that is going to create some major problems.
Well it is Fyrewulff :lol

Also we already know they can alter RoF for things so if its a big enough problem they can change it, there is a reason for Beta Hoppers you know :D

Sean P.

wwm0nkey said:
What did you win? :D

Also how is the new Classic MP?

We all 4 got new Halo Reach xbox 360's

We were just playing on the new maps, not the new settings for the tourney.

Played the new settings last night though at the VIP party and I have to say, I'm actually excited to play halo again

Sean P. said:
We all 4 got new Halo Reach xbox 360's

We were just playing on the new maps, not the new settings for the tourney.

Played the new settings last night though at the VIP party and I have to say, I'm actually excited to play halo again

so no issues like fyrewolf says :p?

Top Bottom