• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Sean P.

wwm0nkey said:
lol. well that is good to hear :)

I guess I'll give a serious response though :p

The only change I really noticed was the DMR and the CE Pistol. The pistol is a really fun gun to use now especially since it keeps bloom but is so powerful. Bringing the DMR to a pure accuracy gun I feels makes the game pay much better and much more fluid. No more wondering why you didn't win encounters, you lose because you missed.

Tawpgun

It is Fyrewulf... He has pretty much had the opposite opinion on almost everything the majority of us have.

That being said, I also wouldn't worry. Ellis said there is an Anniversary mangum with a ROF cap and other balanced features. And a no bloom version thats just 3sk no ROF cap.

Classic ++ will probably be balanced. But we'll have have a month or so to test it in the TU Beta Hoppers.

Sean P.

wwm0nkey said:
Wait the pistol keeps bloom? Because in the videos bloom was nowhere to be seen.

Great to hear Halo is fluid again now!

In what I was playing and everything I've heard it has bloom if you use it full auto, but It would make sense if there was a zero bloom option as well.

wwm0nkey

Sean P. said:
In what I was playing and everything I've heard it has bloom if you use it full auto, but It would make sense if there was a zero bloom option as well.
Oh ok so it has bloom in full auto but not rapid fire? I am happy with that lol

feel

There's a bunch of different gametypes/settings at halofest, someone at 343 probably went into the gametype editor in a hurry the night before first day of PAX and just started flipping switches at random and saving gametypes with all sorts of weapon and bloom availability. Really hard to know right what we'll actually end up playing and in what playlist, we'll just have to wait.

Letters said:
There's a bunch of different gametypes/settings at halofest, someone at 343 probably went into the gametype editor in a hurry the night before first day of PAX and just started flipping switches at random and saving gametypes with all sorts of weapon and bloom availability. Really hard to know right what we'll actually end up playing and in what playlist, we'll just have to wait.

He was probably so tired he forgot :p

Sean P.

Letters said:

The default remade pistol has bloom

Ken

310817_256300901059785_100000396313663_828531_6506245_n.jpg

Cool to see other helmets besides the MJOLNIR and ODST get the cosplay treatment.

299885_256301837726358_100000396313663_828563_5243363_n.jpg

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Sean P. said:
Default, it has bloom. Watch the last Panel, Ellis said (Or it was shishka)
The Anniversary magnum has adjusted bloom which replicates the bullet characteristics of the Halo: CE pistol along with altered rate of fire.

In other news...

Regarding comments on zero bloom. The zero bloom slayer gametype at Halo Fest is just an extreme example to show off the TU options to tweak bloom. It's not exactly balanced as is. I don't recall anyone from 343 saying otherwise. Some folks just aren't happy unless they're complaining.

Sean P.

lybertyboy said:
The Anniversary magnum has adjusted bloom which replicates the bullet characteristics of the Halo: CE pistol along with altered rate of fire.

In other news...

Regarding comments on zero bloom. The zero bloom slayer gametype at Halo Fest is just an extreme example to show off the TU options to tweak bloom. It's not exactly balanced as is. I don't recall anyone from 343 saying otherwise. Some folks just aren't happy unless they're complaining.

Something I wasn't able to ask, in Halo CEA Campaign, were invisible walls added, or can we still get out of campaign maps?

On second thought, could you even get out of any of the maps?

lybertyboy said:

In other news...

Haters gunna hate!

but me? I'll be busy playing some TU Reach when it comes out :D

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
Adjusted bloom? I am fine with that :)
They said it would behave like the H1 magnum under the classic gametype setting. Minimal spread under single pulls, exponential bloom under automatic fire.

Bloom will also have adjustable values so it's not just on/off. 0-100% slider. So you could do something cool like make a Team Tactical playlist with AAs as pick ups, the updated versions of CEA maps along with some Reach/DLC maps, and bloom capped at 50%.

Sai-kun

Banned
Sean P. said:
Something I wasn't able to ask, in Halo CEA Campaign, were invisible walls added, or can we still get out of campaign maps?

They've said that the game is shipping, glitches and all.

Tawpgun

Sean P. said:

I'm definitely gonna be splorin. Top of Silent Cartographer, Top of Halo.

With online co-op Hog Launching is going to be easier than ever. I wonder if they tweaked the coop netcode at all.

feel

lybertyboy said:

In other news...

Got it. And it's just like I have been saying, some of the vids coming out of halofest do not represent proper finalized gametypes but are just to show off the options available to the playlist managers, so it's all very confusing and impossible to figure out anything right now.

I hope we get a look at some of the Classic stuff tomorrow, and maybe a better picture of the shape of Matchmaking post CEA release.

I'm very pleased with everything TU-wise so far, we have to remember that this is free and 343 didn't have to do this.

With that said, this 0-100% bloom scale sounds kind of iffy to me. It's already going to be something of a learning curve playing without bloom, then playing with in regular Reach; throw in gametypes where the bloom is, say, 30% one game and 80% the next will become rather confusing , relearning optimal rates of fire for differeing distances and the like.

The news that they can adjust rate of fire is the most promising to me. I think i'd much rather prefer a bloomless, four shot DMR with a capped rate of fire than a compromised bloom where it's at 50% or something. I'm sure the panel tomorrow will clear up much of this stuff, here's hoping the questions are well informed and not things we know already.

thee henery said:
I'm very pleased with everything TU-wise so far, we have to remember that this is free and 343 didn't have to do this.

I think post-launch support for a game, especially quite a popular FPS, is expected. I always expect quality from Halo but if the post-launch scenario is lacking, then I'm less inclined to buy the next iteration.

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:

In other news...

Great to hear. I won't lie and say that some of the changes worry me. I hate bloom like everyone but do admit that no bloom with a DMR that has been untouched otherwise scares the hell out of me. That's why I really really hope you guys are keeping a very close eye on that and hopefully making other changes to counter balance that.

koshunter said:
I think post-launch support for a game, especially quite a popular FPS, is expected. I always expect quality from Halo but if the post-launch scenario is lacking, then I'm less inclined to buy the next iteration.

I agree but the extent of the update, practically gutting the engine in some instances, makes it feel like we're getting a new game almost. It's the extent of the changes and the fact they've been so proactive in listening to the community and acting upon that feedback without hesitation or a 'we know best' approach that has really impressed me.

Sorry if this has been asked (and answered) tons of times already, but there's been so much Halo info lately I don't know where to begin! Have there been any videos released showcasing bloomless gameplay (especially with a DMR)? Preferably an entire match with no commentary. Alternatively, has there been any media released of the pistol with Halo 1 characteristics in Reach multiplayer?

I'm just curious to see how the game plays with no bloom. :)

kylej

Banned
"Aptitude must have been germinating in the garden of slay since Anaheim. He had a massive Game 5 influence, with an 18-9 k/d. Shine on..."

MLG Twitter feed continues to kill it. "Germinating in the garden of slay" is the title of my doom metal band's next LP.

Summary Man said:
Sorry if this has been asked (and answered) tons of times already, but there's been so much Halo info lately I don't know where to begin! Have there been any videos released showcasing bloomless gameplay (especially with a DMR)? Preferably an entire match with no commentary. Alternatively, has there been any media released of the pistol with Halo 1 characteristics in Reach multiplayer?

I'm just curious to see how the game plays with no bloom. :)

Here ya go

Beautiful isn't it? ;)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
A27_StarWolf said:
afraid that someone said a bad tweet about you? XD

lol yea man. I clicked the link and it took me to some twitter site. I'm new to twitter so I didn't know it wasn't an official one or whatever. I typed in my password and user name but it like failed to log in or something. Then I saw that Tawpgun said it was spam and I went to change my password but it wasn't letting me. I was still logged in so I asked for a password reset through email and it worked.

ElRenoRaven

Karl2177 said:
If these people didn't exist, there would be no need for security...

Exactly. If there weren't assholes like this who try to steal people's accounts and details the world would be a better place and wouldn't need a bunch of bullshit security measures.

Kinda sorta
not really
off-topic: just how high can we make the rate of fire? Are we talking just regular Bottomless Clip-style shooting, or actually past that, putting it into Borderlands territory? Things like Snipers unloading an entire clip in half a second, Spartan Lasers having no cooldown period, stuff like that?

xxxstylzxxx said:
Here ya go

Beautiful isn't it? ;)
Three shot kills look glorious. Honestly, keeping the bloom on the pistol but making it more powerful would still be awesome. In fact, keep bloom as it is in Reach now, but increase the weapon damage to 3-4 shot kills and I'd still love it, especially within a playlist that is increased movement speed, jump height, and no armor abilities. I want to try out the new settings so badly!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, I'm a little confused. While the majority of opinions on the changes have been good, there are still some that aren't happy about them; and that is what is confusing me the most. Original Reach settings will still be available in other playlists, correct? So in that light how is Reach f***ed? It can only go uphill from here :)

EDIT: 343 has me sold, hook, line, and sinker. I'm officially beyond hyped now.

feel

senador said:
Your stream quality is so good now. I can do fullscreen HD and its pretty clear. :)
Sadly for me, ever since he made the upgrade my bad connection can't keep up without making it chug, so I can't have it on a corner of my screen while I do other stuff, like I used to do. Weirdly, I can watch Juices' HD stream just fine.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
Sadly for me, ever since he made the upgrade my bad connection can't keep up without making it chug, so I can't have it on a corner of my screen while I do other stuff, like I used to do. Weirdly, I can watch Juices' HD stream just fine.

That's weird. I need to become a partner already so I can have the resolution changer. I need 1,000 followers on my channel already!!

Top Bottom