• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Desmond said:
Can we talk 'bout SP here?
Just finished from the Space mission to the end on Solo Legendary. Fucking tough lol
Yeah, sure. There's a few SP-fans hidden amongst the MP-fanatics here. :lol

Long Night of Solace is tough on Legendary, yeah. But it's such an awesome mission, goddamn.

GhaleonEB

-Yeti said:
Did you get a chance to play Skyrim?
Nope - 3 hour line for Skyrim game stations. I wanted to try it to see how the feel is; Fallout 3 felt exactly like Oblivion, in a new setting. Skyrim looks like it has a different feel, but I'll just have to find out when I snag it on 11/11. There are too many other things I want to do that waiting 3 hours in line for a game I'm going to buy anyways isn't worth it.

GhaleonEB said:
Nope - 3 hour line for Skyrim game stations. I wanted to try it to see how the feel is; Fallout 3 felt exactly like Oblivion, in a new setting. Skyrim looks like it has a different feel, but I'll just have to find out when I snag it on 11/11. There are too many other things I want to do that waiting 3 hours in line for a game I'm going to buy anyways isn't worth it.
You got to see the live demo, though, right?

A 3 hour wait is a bit long, yeah, but I probably wouldn't be able to resist. I wanted that Dovahkiin hat, too. :lol

Havok said:
Hey, 343 guys, just throwing this out there. If there isn't a Banshee fix on the horizon, then just don't bother releasing any more BTB maps. Cause this shit is ridiculous. More than anything, this garbage ruins what could be a passable playlist. It's goddamn ridiculous.

And maybe take a look at spawns while you're at it. That happened three times in a single game.

(I bought Bungie Pro in a burst of anger to show this shit.)

Lol the Banshee is perfect as it is now, same as the spawn system. There are much more important things to fix with the TU.

Some folks just aren't happy unless they're complaining
:p

GhaleonEB

Blue Ninja said:
You got to see the live demo, though, right?

A 3 hour wait is a bit long, yeah, but I probably wouldn't be able to resist. I wanted that Dovahkiin hat, too. :lol
Everyone at the panel got one. Most of the audience was wearing theirs, it was kind of surreal. I took a few pics.

The hour and fifteen minute wait for the panel was totally worth it, though. The crowd was awesome, and some yelling assholes aside - a few of which sat right around us - was much better than the Quakecon one. Best part was when Todd used the frenzy spell to try and get one bandit to attack another, but it came after Todd instead. He was so surprised he pulled out his bow and shot his horse by accident, who in turn went ballistic on the bandit as it ran by. Crowd went crazy, and Todd lined up to try and finish off the horse but it ran a ways away. Didn't like being tagged like that. Rather understandable.

MrBig

Rickenslacker said:
So I haven't been keeping up 100%, but how will the bloom be adjustable come the TU? I thought no UI elements were possible, are they going to have gametypes to download for every increment of bloom?
Changes like that are at the megalo scripting level. All those gametype settings that the user tweaks just change variables defined by the gametype script. No new UI is being added.

Desmond

Blue Ninja said:
Yeah, sure. There's a few SP-fans hidden amongst the MP-fanatics here. :lol

Long Night of Solace is tough on Legendary, yeah. But it's such an awesome mission, goddamn.
Boarding the Corvette was a pain in the ass. Last mission was hard also. I'm took out the Brutes (when Emile on MAC) with scraps of ammo. After which I realised, I kept walking past a crate of DMRs. lol

Ken said:
Cool to see other helmets besides the MJOLNIR and ODST get the cosplay treatment.

299885_256301837726358_100000396313663_828563_5243363_n.jpg
Wow, Noble 6 looks so much more badass than Chief in that picture. Probably the size difference, lol.

senador said:
I feel like my aim is getting worse. :/ I've been playing SWAT to work on headshots. I might get some Kontrol Freeks to see if they help. Anyone use those?
I use the Legendary ones and I have to say that my playing is better.

GhaleonEB said:
Everyone at the panel got one. Most of the audience was wearing theirs, it was kind of surreal. I took a few pics.

The hour and fifteen minute wait for the panel was totally worth it, though. The crowd was awesome, and some yelling assholes aside - a few of which sat right around us - was much better than the Quakecon one. Best part was when Todd used the frenzy spell to try and get one bandit to attack another, but it came after Todd instead. He was so surprised he pulled out his bow and shot his horse by accident, who in turn went ballistic on the bandit as it ran by. Crowd went crazy, and Todd lined up to try and finish off the horse but it ran a ways away. Didn't like being tagged like that. Rather understandable.
Sounds priceless. :lol

Sean P.

squidhands said:
Wow, Noble 6 looks so much more badass than Chief in that picture. Probably the size difference, lol.

Noble 6 is official, the chief is fan armor

My last game

Capture-4.jpg

FUCK ANYBODY WHO PREFERS THIS SHIT TO RANKED PLAYLISTS IN HALO 3.

How can they allow guests to continue single handedly ruin the snipers playlist? Isn't it fucking OBVIOUS to anyone with a fragment of a brain that it's not a playlist that can accomodate digusting scrub tarts on a quarter of a screen. Somebody look at the fucking stats of guests and chuck them like lepers in their own leper playlist like they deserve.

Yea guests should get one fucking playlist called Team Training. TRAINING. BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD. A playlist devoid of statkeeping.

Slayer/Objective mix.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea guests should get one fucking playlist called Team Training. TRAINING. BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD. A playlist devoid of statkeeping.

Slayer/Objective mix.

Subsection of matchmaking for guest's.

Team Slayer
Team Objective
FFA
Infection
Griffball

Make it happen powers that be and all my stash of spice melange is yours.

StalkerUKCG said:

Team Slayer
Team Objective
FFA
Infection
Griffball

Why would you let them ruin 5 playlists all day when you can toss em in one? Let them get their own accounts, else they'll never get any good.

Havok

StalkerUKCG said:

Team Slayer
Team Objective
FFA
Infection
Griffball

They ruin Objective more than any other playlist. Get 'em out. Team Training, a 6v6 playlist with a wide mix of maps and gametypes. They'll live.

senador

Banned
Havok said:
They ruin Objective more than any other playlist. Get 'em out. Team Training, a 6v6 playlist with a wide mix of maps and gametypes. They'll live.
Not only will they live, they'll have fun! Since they'd be playing other guests it'd be more fair and then the rest of the playlists would instantly be a few times better. Do want....so bad.

xxjuicesxx said:
We still need a mercenaries playlist that doesn't allow partying too!

Something should start happening soon I bet.

I'd definitely support something like this too, it needs to happen.

When's the full games of bloomless Reach filmed from a cellphone gonna start pouring in? I thought there'd be loads on youtube by now but there's none. Are they not allowed to film there?

xxjuicesxx said:
We still need a mercenaries playlist that doesn't allow partying too!

Something should start happening soon I bet.
More playlists? we already have 23 different playlists and the number will increase even more once the TU drops.

Why doesn't killing vehicles in FF Doubles count towards the commendation? It doesn't give you a score either when you shoot down a banshee... Weird. Also theres not enough vehicles in FF. Where they SHOULD BE.

Eww 10K kills to get RiflinThrough' to gold level?

Smokey

Tashi0106 said:

Just followed you on Twitch.tv. By the way, how is your steaming equipment setup? For me I game on my 55'' TV with the Hauppauge DVR in the entertainment center. I then run a 15 ft USB cable to my PC and capture the video from there.

Curious to how you do it. Do you use a computer monitor/small TV/regular gaming TV?

Voltron64

thee henery said:
I'd definitely support something like this too, it needs to happen.

When's the full games of bloomless Reach filmed from a cellphone gonna start pouring in? I thought there'd be loads on youtube by now but there's none. Are they not allowed to film there?
I wonder if they're not allowing off screen footage to be taken. If they are, PAX HaloGAF...I am disappoint.

xxjuicesxx said:
Why doesn't killing vehicles in FF Doubles count towards the commendation? It doesn't give you a score either when you shoot down a banshee... Weird. Also theres not enough vehicles in FF. Where they SHOULD BE.

Eww 10K kills to get RiflinThrough' to gold level?

Beachhead has a healthy amount.

The new firefight map, I saw banshees that actually shot at you as well.

Ranked Arena

Team Slayer (4vs4): Play different slayer variants; slayer,
slayer DMRs, classic slayer, slayer pro and bro slayer.
Squad Battle (5vs5): Play slayer and objective variants on
small-medium sized maps; slayer, slayer DMR, classic riffles, Multi
flag CTF, 1 Flag CTF, 2 Flag pro and Assault.
Team SWAT (4vs4): Play SWAT slayer and objective oriented games.
Team Snipers (4vs4): Proof your sniping skills in this playlist.
Team Doubles (2vs2:) Fight alongside your fellow spartan mate;
slayer, slayer DMR, classic slayer, oddball and crazy king.

Social

Big Team Battle (8vs8): Big battles with lots of vehicular combat.
Multi Team (2vs2vs2vs2): Four teams of two, pure madness;
slayer, classic slayer, elite slayer, 3 Ball, Rocket Race and Crazy
King.
Premium Battle (6vs6) [DLC required]: slayer DMR, Classic
riffles, Assault, 1 Bomb, Multi Flag CTF, 1 Flag, Invasion and Elite
slayer.
Rumble Pit (FFA): FFA social oriented playlist; slayer, classic
slayer, headhunter pro, oddball, crazy king and juggernaut.
Team Anniversary (4vs4) [DLC required]: Play Anniversary slayer and
objective variants on your old favorites; Anniversary slayer, Anniversary
riffles, Slayer Evolved and classic CTF and Bomb variants.

Community
Action Sack (4vs4): Sack up!
Griffball (4vs4):[/b] Get the disease!
MLG (4vs4): Play official MLG game types and rules.
FFA Action Sack (8 players): Race on the best community tracks
and enjoy some of the best FFA gametypes; includes Speed, Hogs from
Heck, Jump Rope, Cat n' Mouse, Crash up Derby, Battleships, Cawk Blawkin' and more.

Cooperative

Co-op campaign: Play co-op campaign over Xbox LIve.
Firefight Arcade: Enter a frenetic battlefield with lots of crazy game types.
Firefight Doubles: Fight to the end with your fellow spartan mate.

Some ideas:

-Make all one sided CTF/ Bomb variants consist on two rounds of 5 minutes each to avoid quitting.
-As for the removal of Firefight Limited, include a limited gme type variant as a third voting option in both Arcade and Doubles Firefight.
-Return the old (1-50) ranking system for the Ranked Arena playlists.

What do you guys think about this? I will post a more deeper reflexion regarding all these changes and the implementation of the TU and Anniversary maps sooner or later.

Havok

Dedicated objective playlists or you've ruined everything I like about this game. This game's awful population will always vote slayer over objective in a mix.

Havok said:
Dedicated objective playlists or you've ruined everything I like about this game. This game's awful population will always vote slayer over objective in a mix.
Don't know bro, each time I play BTB (I play it a lot) people usually vote for CTf and Assault like game types instead of slayer.
The current objective playlist has a very low population too :/

Edit: Halo 4 Panel is starting!

Havok

Gabotron ES said:
Don't know bro, each time I play BTB (I play it a lot) people usually vote for CTf and Assault like game types instead of slayer.
The current objective playlist has a very low population too :/

Edit: Halo 4 Panel is starting!
Each game of Big Team Slayer on Utopie counts against any 10 games of anything else in there, that's how bad it is.

And Objective is weird. I can't figure out if people just don't like teamwork anymore, or if the asinine problems that playlist has had (Drop Shield, Evade, getting pinged by DMRs the instant you approach a base now) is driving people away.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
I see Cleansed didn't go mainstream yet. Little disappointed.

If we dong on a team that previously beat us I want everyone chanting "FLUKE" in the post-game lobby.

Look at these nasty MLG groupies trying to ride Pistola's D. Get out of here fat chicks.

ElRenoRaven

So that panel was ok. Wasn't great but wasn't bad. Got a good insight into 343. A little glimpse at what's in store and a nice little teaser with some concept art.

ElRenoRaven

Karl2177 said:
Wake me when you need me.
Actually wake me when the MP panel starts.

Yea. I'm not watching another panel till the MP one. After that I'm done watching too. Namely cause I can't stand Major Nelson and don't give a crap what the Xbox live guys thought of Halo.

senador

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Ahh yes. I've been in fights like that before. If you recognize you're going to lose early, turn around and bail. If that's not possible, try to get melee before you die. Things like that help your team win. Also, don't look at your shot being the only problem. Look at your positioning on the map. How often do you find yourself getting the first shot in a battle? Do you find yourself away from teammates often? Open up your whole game for inspection not just your shot. Good luck to ya!

Good things to think about. What about when I get shot first? Best to run away? I try not to do that and see if I can outsmart or fight back.

I would say yes, I often find myself away from teammates. That is a problem, but traveling with teammates can also be a problem depending on who you play with. Being in a pack means lots of nades, team or not. Then you also get stuck on each other when moving around and its hard to navigate and I end up disoriented and dead. I try to provide support but from another angle so I don't get caught in the mayhem. I've been trying to figure that out more. :/

Thanks Tashi. :)

Deputy Moonman said:
@Senador: This may be a personal opinion (and I'm definitely not advocating that i'm really good with headshots), but I don't think SWAT is really the place to work on headshots. It's too much of a fast twitch gametype. I'd go into a different playlist like Team Slayer to get better at your rhythm/pacing (especially while taking fire) and getting that final head-shot after a shield pops. SWAT won't allow you to do that for the most part.

Thing is, I'm generally a shield popping pro, I just can't finish the dude. Sometimes my headshots are on and other days they are just totally off. I went into swat to solely focus on the headshot aspect and the precision aiming portion. I've also been playing it when I am on my own because there are no AAs, no grenades, no power weapons, and even if my team sucks I can still win or do well myself.

squidhands said:

Sweet! I am going to order some. Did the convex shape of the Legendary ones make things weird for you? I am probably over thinking it and should just order some.

Top Bottom