• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

senador

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
That's weird. I need to become a partner already so I can have the resolution changer. I need 1,000 followers on my channel already!!

Its weird you have to be a partner to have that. They benefit from having different quality version as it would save them bandwidth and speed up things for them too. Hmm.

4,000 followers.

It ain't going to happen. Ninja has like 5,000 and hes been partnered for weeks. Its easy if you're popular to get the first couple thousand but 3-4-and 5k just becomes tougher since so few people make accounts.

We'll all probably be waiting until its out of beta. Unless for some reason you blow up. Which would mean making a name for yourself at an event or something.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
4,000 followers.

It ain't going to happen. Ninja has like 5,000 and hes been partnered for weeks. Its easy if you're popular to get the first couple thousand but 3-4-and 5k just becomes tougher since so few people make accounts.

We'll all probably be waiting until its out of beta. Unless for some reason you blow up. Which would mean making a name for yourself at an event or something.

Fuck

Lol yea that's what I said. I'd have to get like top 32 at Orlando or some shit hahaha.

I posted this in the other thread, but I figured those of you who hadn't seen my post may want to listen: Linky.

Devolution said:
Haven't been around all day anything cool happen?

Also home grilled burgers > *.

Nothing of note. Just a couple good panels and 343 cleaning up some confusion on the gametypes and stuff.

Sean P.

I have a video on the prisoner remake in very poor quality from our tourney win I want to upload. Mainly because my buddy wins a 2v1 and just screams "FUCK you guys" hahahaha

Sean P. said:
I have a video on the prisoner remake in very poor quality from our tourney win I want to upload. Mainly because my buddy wins a 2v1 and just screams "FUCK you guys" hahahaha
Sean when are you lining up tomorrow?

Also when is everyone else lining up?

Sean P. said:
Waking up at 5, in line by 6. We will see how it goes. By the latest 630
Sounds good, see you tomorrow.

GAF'ers seem very quiet this year... I've seen Sean and Duncan lots but everyone else keeps to themselves/their groups and doesn't say hi much. Sad stuff

So I haven't been keeping up 100%, but how will the bloom be adjustable come the TU? I thought no UI elements were possible, are they going to have gametypes to download for every increment of bloom?

senador

Banned
I feel like my aim is getting worse. :/ I've been playing SWAT to work on headshots. I might get some Kontrol Freeks to see if they help. Anyone use those?

Tashi

senador said:
I feel like my aim is getting worse. :/ I've been playing SWAT to work on headshots. I might get some Kontrol Freeks to see if they help. Anyone use those?

Just blame it on bloom, it's easier to deal with like that :p

On a serious note, trying moving your right stick less.

senador said:

Yes they are good. You'll laugh at old analog sticks after a week of using KF's.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:

He just needs to twitch the reticle for 9/10 headshots bromega.

Recarpo

Tashi0106 said:
Lol yea that's what I said. I'd have to get like top 32 at Orlando or some shit hahaha.

Just start screaming and fighting with somebody on stream like the Suddoths and you're golden.

Sean P.

senador said:

I never have but mad catz is using them in their booth and I haven't heard one positive thing about them, everyone says they just interfere

senador

Banned
Cool thanks guys. I think I'll try some KFs since they don't cost much. Just gotta decide concave or convex.

Tashi0106 said:

I always read this but it is hard for me in practice. Do you mean move it small amounts, or not at all in some cases?

When in a firefight and someone is jumping around and strafing its hard for me to track them. I know that's the point but I just can't keep the reticule on 'em. Blurg.

Devolution said:
Anyone up for playing right now? I gotta shoot some shit.

I'm still on and Tunavi keeps going on and off.

Tashi

senador said:
Cool thanks guys. I think I'll try some KFs since they don't cost much. Just gotta decide concave or convex.

I always read this but it is hard for me in practice. Do you mean move it small amounts, or not at all in some cases?

When in a firefight and someone is jumping around and strafing its hard for me to track them. I know that's the point but I just can't keep the reticule on 'em. Blurg.

I'm still on and Tunavi keeps going on and off.
Mostly very little but sometimes not at all. Also be aware of your surroundings. Use cover to reset the bloom. Don't be afraid to jump yourself as well. Try different things. Maybe your sensitivity is too high. I play on 3.

Sean P.

Tashi0106 said:
Mostly very little but sometimes not at all. Also be aware of your surroundings. Use cover to reset the bloom. Don't be afraid to jump yourself as well. Try different things. Maybe your sensitivity is too high. I play on 3.

I play 2, really steadied my sniper when I switched down and just never went back.

If you do change sensitivity though, don't make a drastic leap, go little by little so you adjust better to it and nail down the exact one you play best with

senador

Banned
Tashi0106 said:

Gotcha. Pretty sure my problem is the right stick. I react too harshly then overcompensate and end up chasing the reticule around. Its hard for me to do finer movements of the stick. I used to play on 6, went to 4 and did better, and now at 5 thinking that would help. I'll try 3 out. Jet Packers become more of a problem with lower sensitivity though. Damn Jet Packs. Thanks Tashi.

Edit: Thanks for the info Sean.

Tashi

senador said:
Gotcha. Pretty sure my problem is the right stick. I react too harshly then overcompensate and end up chasing the reticule around. Its hard for me to do finer movements of the stick. I used to play on 6, went to 4 and did better, and now at 5 thinking that would help. I'll try 3 out. Jet Packers become more of a problem with lower sensitivity though. Damn Jet Packs. Thanks Tashi.
Ahh yes. I've been in fights like that before. If you recognize you're going to lose early, turn around and bail. If that's not possible, try to get melee before you die. Things like that help your team win. Also, don't look at your shot being the only problem. Look at your positioning on the map. How often do you find yourself getting the first shot in a battle? Do you find yourself away from teammates often? Open up your whole game for inspection not just your shot. Good luck to ya!

GhaleonEB

I'm so tired I fear for death. But the day was worth it.

In non-HaloGAF news, the Skyrim panel was glorious anarchy. That game will take over lives and not let go for months.

On to the HBO breakfast and Halo 4 panel tomorrow, which means I'm getting up in ~6 hours. I'm going to need a vacation from this vacation.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm so tired I fear for death. But the day was worth it.

In non-HaloGAF news, the Skyrim panel was glorious anarchy. That game will take over lives and not let go for months.

On to the HBO breakfast and Halo 4 panel tomorrow, which means I'm getting up in ~6 hours. I'm going to need a vacation from this vacation.

Did you get a chance to play Skyrim?

Tashi0106 said:
Ahh yes. I've been in fights like that before. If you recognize you're going to lose early, turn around and bail. If that's not possible, try to get melee before you die. Things like that help your team win. Also, don't look at your shot being the only problem. Look at your positioning on the map. How often do you find yourself getting the first shot in a battle? Do you find yourself away from teammates often? Open up your whole game for inspection not just your shot. Good luck to ya!
rofl I'm becoming a pro at running away now that I use sprint instead of jetpack. Letters would hate me for it :) For as much as people hate on the jetpack, it does requires you to commit to gun-duels to the death as you're a sitting duck when flying around. And my opinion of the jetpack has completely changed. It should have it's own playlist so that everyone who wants to fly around and have an orgy together can meet other people wanting to do the same thing. I never realized just how annoying it is that people with the jetpack can just fly anywhere and everywhere. It's fun to use, but stupid to play against.

@Senador: This may be a personal opinion (and I'm definitely not advocating that i'm really good with headshots), but I don't think SWAT is really the place to work on headshots. It's too much of a fast twitch gametype. I'd go into a different playlist like Team Slayer to get better at your rhythm/pacing (especially while taking fire) and getting that final head-shot after a shield pops. SWAT won't allow you to do that for the most part.

Devin Olsen said:
Sounds good, see you tomorrow.

GAF'ers seem very quiet this year... I've seen Sean and Duncan lots but everyone else keeps to themselves/their groups and doesn't say hi much. Sad stuff

If I was there I'd totally bro it up with you. Or whatever. Plus we could run around as Devbros (my real name is Devon).

You know, I don't have the best stats in this game, but I am very proud of my lowest commendations:
bottom_commendations.jpg

/fistpump

PNut

Banned
Devolution said:
Or banshee. Or revenant snipe crazy aim (how is this still in?).

I try to stay away from BTB. It's just all around bad. Take more than a banshee fix to get me to play it.

Tunavi

Banned
Premium BTB. Highlands (no laser), Condemned, Breakpoint (no laser), Tempest (with tunnels), Ridgeline, Headlong, Hang Em High

Tunavi said:
Premium BTB. Highlands (no laser), Condemned, Breakpoint (no laser), Tempest (with tunnels), Ridgeline, Headlong, Hang Em High

Breakpoint could be a very good slayer btb map but you need to do more than remove the splaser. There's like 10 power weapons on it. People don't even bother taking the falcon anymore since it last like 10 seconds before exploding

PNut

Banned
Tunavi said:

No bloom, banshees, AA's, add a few objective gametypes, indestructible vehicles and you've got yourself a good BTB playlist.

Havok

Devolution said:
Or revenant snipe crazy aim (how is this still in?).
Cut them some slack, it's not like they've got some sort of consumer-exposed map editor that would allow them to remove the vehicle from the map at the touch of a button instead of keeping an obviously broken vehicle in matchmaking for a full year while completely ignoring the issues that it presents with both its sniper and physics glitches.

I think I just lost half my brain cells with that Oscar-caliber performance. Seriously. Call a doctor.

thezerofire said:
How is Instinct so fucking good?

Several reasons.

1. Competitive Halo law: Ogre 2 wins
2. They have the 2 best players in Roy and Pistola
3. Pistola is a wizard
4. Lunchbox supports while occasionally going huge
5. All 4 players are consistent (royola usually have +1.40 k/d ratio and Ogrebox +1.1 k/d ratio every event)
6. Twin powers

Striker

Tunavi said:
In my Classic 8v8 playlist, I would want Hemorrhage, Highlands, Headlong, and Ridgeline.

Condemned and Tempest are too cramped for BTB, or in this case, 8v8.

PNut said:
Still no word on fixing grenades, Arena, or the addition of a Race playlist from Halofest? Shame.
Arena isn't needing "fixed", it isn't broken - at least no more broken or conflicting as Trueskill's 1-50 was. Race playlists? Really.

The Banshee is the biggest problem the game has. And as far as we know, it's going untouched. That, along with the Revy sniping, and Covenant vehicles flying off maps are bigger, and are glitches/broken items that need fixed.

Tawpgun

PsychoRaven said:
I'd believe it. Alison from 343 got hacked tonight too. You can change your password to stop them.
Ah so that's how I got it. Got a DM from her.

Oh god please tell me you're going to be on this morning. Before I lose power! I want to paggle.

Top Bottom