• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

cory021

Neo Member
Hydranockz said:
How would you guys like it if only so many AAs could be picked by a team at any one time. Say for example in Team Objective 4v4, both teams would have, at most, 4 people with sprint, 2 with evade, 1 with drop shield etc. Limiting the number of active unique AAs could be pretty cool, no?
I once thought about that concept, and it might work if done properly. My suggestions for distributing them: Allow the highest rank player to pick their loadout first, then 2 seconds later the next higher rank can choose their loadout, then another 2 seconds later the next highest ranked player could pick a loadout, until all the everyone has a loadout. It'll give a larger reward to being higher ranked other than having an emblem and more armor.

GhaleonEB said:
|OT6|There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

WOW
34ihlbn.jpg

It's...perfect

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:
|OT6|There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come
Love it.

The kids I babysit are playing through Halo 2 for the first time (on Easy, damn kids), and I'm amazed at how good the dialogue is in that game. My hate for the game poisoned my memories of its good qualities, and the story and dialogue are at the top of that list.

Dax01 said:
Yeah. Not a fan of the decision, but I suppose it fits within the whole "classic" theme.

I'm a total fan. 2 hit melee + lunge + certain AAs made for an increase of people who would just run up and smack you.

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
Damn this thread moves fast! I can't keep up on my small phone screen during class.

I liked Ghaleon's idea for a title, but I'll toss one in too:

Halo: Reach |OT6| "This game, I'm going to fix it."

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Devolution said:
Playin' bad kids brah, makes you think you're capable of lots of things.
Hah, so true. I just went +21 in a game of FFA slayer and feel like a god. Take that, 12 year olds!

feel

Halo: Reach |OT6| OT-minus till "HALOGAF |OT1|": 4 OTs

edit- changed from 2 to 4, just the beta hoppers will need upwards of 50k posts

GhaleonEB

Devolution said:
I'm a total fan. 2 hit melee + lunge + certain AAs made for an increase of people who would just run up and smack you.
Agree. In a game without sprint or evade, I prefer 2-hit melee (I thought it worked well in Halo 3).

But in Reach, I think I'll prefer the 3-hit. If a dude sprinting at me lands the melee first and I haven't been able to land enough damage to pop the shield, it's as if I never fired at all. I'm also dead, since he popped mine first. With 3-hit, I'll drop his shield after he lands the first melee on me, but my shields won't be down. I think it will play better. I hope it gets pushed out into the a lot of the playlists.

GhaleonEB said:
Agree. In a game without sprint or evade, I prefer 2-hit melee (I thought it worked well in Halo 3).

But in Reach, I think I'll prefer the 3-hit. If a dude sprinting at me lands the melee first and I haven't been able to land enough damage to pop the shield, it's as if I never fired at all. I'm also dead, since he popped mine first. With 3-hit, I'll drop his shield after he lands the first melee on me, but my shields won't be down. I think it will play better. I hope it gets pushed out into the a lot of the playlists.

I would have preferred 3 hit even in 2 and 3, I've always preferred it as a last resort, not something to open with.

Booshka

Devolution said:
Except when CE comes and everyone just loads the install lol.
I thought about that, just couldn't find a way to make it into a thread title lol.

Maybe this one

Halo: Reach |OT6| Make sure to install Reach before you break/sell it

No lunge on the melee would solve all the shenanigans, it worked brilliantly for Halo CE. Shooting was almost always your first option, outside of the rare assassination and even rarer double melee.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm hoping a lot of the changes make it to all playlists. Not only because it'd unify the Reach experience, but also because I think matchmaking has too many playlists to choose from as it is.

Give me a 'fuckin' whatever' playlist for when I'm ready for slayer/btb/objective.

Crucio

Booshka said:
Halo: Reach |OT6| The TU just may keep you from breaking/selling your Reach disc.
Someone on my friends list snapped their Reach disc out of anger....
only to give in and buy another one. Lol.

Dug

Banned
Crucio said:
Someone on my friends list snapped their Reach disc out of anger....
only to give in and buy another one. Lol.
Maybe you should've told him to.....

stay cool.

Xv0CK.jpg

Geddit? His avatar says "Stay Cool"? Geddit?!?! .....I'll stop now.

Oozer3993

Halo: Reach |OT6| "Where should we go?" "TU war"
Halo: Reach |OT6| Reduced in size by 20% for your pleasure
Halo: Reach |OT6| Pay no attention to that Headlong behind the curtain
Halo: Reach |OT6| Too much bitching for only 5 OTs
Halo: Reach |OT6| I hear Frankie solved P=NP
Halo: Reach |OT6| The same OT level as Tom Cruise

Karl2177

Devin Olsen said:
A day after HaloFest and the discussion is primarily what to title the new thread...
There wasn't a whole lot left for debate. We all saw something that we liked, and we're in a weird discussion coma about it.

Thermite

Homeboyd said:
"I brought a girl home every night.. like every night.. like almost every night... Im 16.. will be 17 in like.. 2... 2 or 3... 2 weeks... and I brought a girl home every friday night."

BALLLLLLINNN

Devin Olsen said:
A day after HaloFest and the discussion is primarily what to title the new thread...
Lol I'm already planning for PAX'12. If I can find a job, I can make it... lol. PAX is so much better than GamesCom. I guess you Americans really want to check out GC sometimes. You will love PAX after your visit... Furthermore I have to find an job.

Btw. EuroHaloGaffer Did you see my Grunt army at Twitte? Tbh. 5-6 Grunts are not for me! Some EuGaffers will get a PM this week...

How can I hide something in a post?

Dug

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
Lol I'm already planning for PAX'12. If I can find a job, I can make it... lol. PAX is so much better than GamesCom. I guess you Americans really want to check out GC sometimes. You will love PAX after your visit... Furthermore I have to find an job.

Btw. EuroHaloGaffer Did you see my Grunt army at Twitte? Tbh. 5-6 Grunts are not for me! Some EuGaffers will get a PM this week...

Sometimes only a quote will unveil the truth.
I'm not an EuGaffer! But thanks for giving away stuff! Also, I can see the message.

EDIT: Woops, almost revealed it!

GhaleonEB

Devin Olsen said:
For all of a page. We've had many hundreds of posts about HaloFest in here, a separate thread about the art trailer and a 1,000+ post thread about HaloFest. I'll flood the thread again with my own pics tonight, and a longer write up of the experience later on to compensate for kicking off the discussion. :p

GhaleonEB said:
For all of a page. We've had many hundreds of posts about HaloFest in here, a separate thread about the art trailer and a 1,000+ post thread about HaloFest. I'll flood the thread again with my own pics tonight, and a longer write up of the experience later on to compensate for kicking off the discussion. :p
I was just saying it surprises me that the day after HaloFest people aren't discussing the stuff talked about at HaloFest more. I guess I wasn't on here much during the weekend, so I likely missed most of the discussion

GhaleonEB said:
We didn't make HaloGaf group photo, right? :[

feel

Where are the Cortana dolls for our avatars, Mr Ellis?

GhaleonEB said:
YES! Bring it!

One of my disappointments from Halofest was how you guys practically disappeared after things kicked off. Not your fault though, you were all too busy enjoying everything, it was my own fault for expecting different.
Though no halogaf shoutout in any panel was a huge fail, period.
I hope a bunch of your pictures and stories surface this week.

Devin Olsen said:
I was just saying it surprises me that the day after HaloFest people aren't discussing the stuff talked about at HaloFest more. I guess I wasn't on here much during the weekend, so I likely missed most of the discussion
ding

you guys have exhausted feet, we have exhausted finger tips

Dax01 said:
Yeah. Not a fan of the decision, but I suppose it fits within the whole "classic" theme.
I've been thinking about this. Armor abilities like Sprint and Evade, along with a lack of melee bleed-through and 5 shot kills with precision weapons, are some of the main reasons that I disliked the current 2 melee system. But in the upcoming classic playlist, those issues won't exist. So I don't know if I'll like it taking three melee's to beat someone down or not.

Letters said:
Where are the Cortana dolls for our avatars, Mr Ellis?

YES! Bring it!

One of my disappointments from Halofest was how you guys practically disappeared after things kicked off. No picsNot your fault though, you were all too busy enjoying everything, it was my own fault for expecting different.
Though no halogaf shoutout in any panel was a huge fail, period.
I hope a bunch of your pictures and stories surface this week.
tbh. Hitmonchan, Ghal, Devin, Duncan and me posts on HBO, too. So we were allowed to join the HBO shut outs. lol.
I hope no one filmed the stuff I did during the Halo medley...

You will see a lot of pictures on HBO. And Videos too! Even in official Halo Waypoint videos. I and Duncan got interviewed by Alison. But I think they will cut me out because of my shitty English.

Devin Olsen said:

Oh we discussed a lot. I think people are waiting for the detailed rundown Frankie tells us is coming.

Also lol made up for a shitty dmr-less reflection by going +29 on the next one. smh.

GhaleonEB

Devin Olsen said:
I was surprised we didn't blow through to a new OT during PAX, until I saw that most of the conversation was in a stand-alone thread, which is at over 2,700 posts. The art trailer got a stand-alone thread nearing 400 posts on top of it.

Between this thread and those two there were over 4,000 posts since Friday. I wasn't online much either during PAX, so I'm still not caught up on it all.

Top Bottom