• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

darthbob

Devin Olsen said:
Yes CEA in 3D is wild. It is some of the better looking 3D that I have seen to date to be quite honest.

The initial feeling when they toggle over to 3D is hard to explain, but it definitely takes a minute or two to adjust your eyes to it. After that though it is great. Seeing a grunt run past you in 3D is great, and the needler reload is better than I could have imagined.

CEA 3D may be the reason I look into seriously buying a 3D TV.

Yeah, it was good. A little hard for my eyes to adjust, but when he switched to the needler it was like "whoamg". The HUD elements are exuded out nicely too.

And I think I was in the same screening as you. Were you sitting in the front near the right?

These are my last couple days of guilt free Halo since school starts Thursday. Cool part is though one of my classes is Silkscreen, gonna have some fun with that.

darthbob said:
Yeah, it was good. A little hard for my eyes to adjust, but when he switched to the needler it was like "whoamg". The HUD elements are exuded out nicely too.

And I think I was in the same screening as you. Were you sitting in the front near the right?
Sure was.

I was going to ask who you were, but guessing from your avatar I would say you were the guy dressed in the star wars clothes?

Devolution said:
These are my last couple days of guilt free Halo since school starts Thursday. Cool part is though one of my classes is Silkscreen, gonna have some fun with that.

Forgive me im from the uk, Whats silkscreen ?

darthbob

Devin Olsen said:
Sure was.

I was going to ask who you were, but guessing from your avatar I would say you were the guy dressed in the star wars clothes?

Actually, no. Reasonable assumption, but I was wearing a blue Reach shirt. (it just said Reach on the front) Sat second row, near the left.

No worries though, I prefer Internet anonymity. :)

How would you guys like it if only so many AAs could be picked by a team at any one time. Say for example in Team Objective 4v4, both teams would have, at most, 4 people with sprint, 2 with evade, 1 with drop shield etc. Limiting the number of active unique AAs could be pretty cool, no?

GhaleonEB

Hydranockz said:
How would you guys like it if only so many AAs could be picked by a team at any one time. Say for example in Team Objective 4v4, both teams would have, at most, 4 people with sprint, 2 with evade, 1 with drop shield etc. Limiting the number of active unique AAs could be pretty cool, no?
I like the concept, but I'm not sure how to distribute them.

I still think pick ups are preferable. One jet pack on a map to fight over, camo is a power up, one, drop shield, etc. Just be very judicious in how they're allocated out. They should influence, but not define, combat.

Devolution said:

Great! I need a shirt dealing with Cleansing or Donging.

CyReN

Just got back MLG Raleigh and had a blast, congrats to Infamous for winning 4v4 Reach.

I tried keeping up with HaloFest via twitter but didn't get to read much or watch anything. Is there anything I should watch besides the panels for Halo CEA and 4?

xxjuicesxx said:
Great! I need a shirt dealing with Cleansing or Donging.

I hope to christ I can make shirts (the class doesn't necessarily deal with shirt printing, might not be the proper ink). If I can though, holy shit, I will have some fun and mail some shit out that's for sure. And hell I'll mail some stuff that isn't shirts if I can't do shirts, like poster size stuff =).

Trasher

Devolution said:
I hope to christ I can make shirts (the class doesn't necessarily deal with shirt printing, might not be the proper ink). If I can though, holy shit, I will have some fun and mail some shit out that's for sure. And hell I'll mail some stuff that isn't shirts if I can't do shirts, like poster size stuff =).
This sounds awesome.

Did you ever get your shirts approved btw? A pity if not. Do want. :(

Blue Ninja said:
Tombstone was my favorite Halo 2 map. <3

I met the guy who built most of that map while playing Certain Affinity's Crimson Alliance at PAX (which is quite good and hopefully you all check it out). He talked about how he talked to the designer of Hang Em High to get a good feel for the map and I replied that it was sad that tombstone came so late in the Halo 2 life cycle.

Totally looking forward to all these remakes and my favorite by far has to be Ridgeline, had a lot of warthog fun and it didn't feel like you were going to be demolished while using it thanks to the cover and hilliness. One time there were 4 warthogs running around which "to me" is what BTB is all about.

Trasher said:
This sounds awesome.

Did you ever get your shirts approved btw? A pity if not. Do want. :(

I got no info about them what so ever. =(. But the cool thing about silkscreening on your own is that you can use copyrighted images without flack as long as you gift them and don't sell them =).

Sai-kun

Banned
Devolution said:
I got no info about them what so ever. =(. But the cool thing about silkscreening on your own is that you can use copyrighted images without flack as long as you gift them and don't sell them =).

gift me, please <333

kylej

Banned
Devolution said:
More like something about Yoda backpacks for you.

I ran out of gas a few weeks ago. Fuel sensor died unbeknownst to me.

There I am stranded at the side of the road with my sick Star Wars backpack. I felt like a pedo.

kylej said:
I ran out of gas a few weeks ago. Fuel sensor died unbeknownst to me.

There I am stranded at the side of the road with my sick Star Wars backpack. I felt like a pedo.

That's pretty funny, not gonna lie.

ElRenoRaven

Devolution said:
Did you rush to the bathroom afterwards to clean the stupid off?

OMG. I can't stop laughing now damn you. I coul so picture the people around him jumping up and running to the restroom to wash the stupid off. LMAO

And so sent a FR to Frankie but I was somewhat late to see that post so I fear his list is already full up. And ugh. I so need to add more to mine. I keep saying I need to and yet never get around to it.

*Edit* well that should be a start. Threw a few out to random people. My list is always open. I have plenty of room too. lol

wwm0nkey said:
nnpqo1.jpg

The outside has the vortex/storm.
Now that I think about it... all of the architecture does look like forge objects. Not in the low-detail, shades of gray sense, but look at some of the columns and the "tombstones" on the ground. All of those are the exact same. All I know is that being able to forge hard-light bridges is going to be amazing.

Devolution said:
I think one of my prints will definitely have to be "FUCKING RANDOMS" just for this thread.

One dude with a shirt that says +22 yelling "FUCKING RANDOMDS!" at 3 other dudes with -14 , -12, and -15 shirts on.

xxjuicesxx said:
One dude with a shirt that says +22 yelling "FUCKING RANDOMDS!" at 3 other dudes with -14 , -12, and -15 shirts on.

Seriously, I'll put the scoreboard on the back or something if it's on a tee.

Also some little message about guests being the spawn of satan or something. Testing my halo resolve with their treachery.

StalkerUKCG said:
Does snipers really count? i was on the smallest map ever made.

Er, why wouldn't it. Neg six does not a Trooskeal post make.

I just think its easier to get alot of kills in sniper games.

Which is why it's all the more galling they didn't manage a single kill between them

Devolution said:

Gift Begging |OT1| Sharing the rock for the whole platoon. ?

thee henery said:
Er, why wouldn't it. Neg six does not a Trooskeal post make.

I just think its easier to get alot of kills in sniper games.

ElRenoRaven

Hydranockz said:
Woah guys, we are already on 19k posts? This OT just started or so it feels like...

Yes it does. Oh and thank you Microsoft for the free 400 MS points.

Got an email about a 1 million MS points give away with a code to redeem. Something about helping them celebrate the merge to a single destination for LIVE gaming experiences across Windows and Xbox 360. Guess it paid using old saved points on AOE stuff.

Tawpgun

Trasher said:
I would prefer if the next OT slowed down a bit. =/
With the beta hoppers out soon? Hell naw. But maybe with school starting up we could see a slowdown.
Speaking of, where does College HaloGAF go to school. I'll be at Northeastern up in Boston this year.

wwm0nkey

Starting in October this thread will crazy with talk about the Title Update (maybe sooner if Frankie or David put up some TU gametypes in their fileshares before the beta hopper)

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
At least we have things worth talking about now.
Aye, and a lot of that kicked out to other threads. We like to post.

Speaking of which, I think we're close enough to start talking thread titles. I'm open to anything.

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
Aye, and a lot of that kicked out to other threads. We like to post.

Speaking of which, I think we're close enough to start talking thread titles. I'm open to anything.
Halo: Reach |OT6| Time to beli343/I want to beli343/etc/etc

Top Bottom