• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

GhaleonEB

Devin Olsen said:
Don't try to rename my Damnation or Prisoner.

I honestly will probably forever call them by their Halo: CE names. I understand that will cause confusion, but I have a tough enough time remembering what all the MM Forge World maps are as it is. ;)
The new names are used to differentiate the updated variants. Pretty sure we'll see this kind of thing:

Battle Canyon (updated variant)

Beaver Creek Anniversary (classic)

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
It's a post I made years ago rudely and uneccessarily accusing the Homeschooled of being poorly socialized and weird. I unreservedly retract that insult. Obviously I am totally wrong on that score.
Looking forward to the pitbull apology
2kkkk3.jpg

:p

kylej said:
Clearly Fyrewolf is breaking the stereotype of homeschooled people being weirdos.
34y8pqf.jpg

Striker

Mojo said:
They should remake blood gultch for CEA, that was a good map
Remake Coagulation in Halo 4. Blood Gulch bases aren't very supportive for 8v8.

Risen said:
I'll follow that up with Zero Bloom should be in all DMR start games. The only way it should be offered in games with AR starts would be very judicious placement of DMR's on the map... they would then be a power weapon, as Frankie posited about the 3 shot pistol in one of the panels.
It would be fine if the ROF was determined and we got 2x zoom, and then it would be applicable. But without those BTB, for example, would lose any balance it has left in it.

kylej said:
Holy mackeral did you really rifle through the dude's post history just to make a terrible point? This latest round of juniors has to be the worst ever. Please go back to GameFAQS or Penny Arcade or IGN or wherever and spare us all.
Nice generalization.

Kujo

I saw a Banshee flip flop through the air like a fucking maniac for 4 consecutive minutes, shooting green shit all over the place. It's like evade on steroids.

What an asshole.

If I get a Banshee, I'll get a running riot and get out and let someone else have a go, it's only fair.

Hypertrooper said:
Do you want an honest opinion about this? A lot of people love Armour Lock. They will be mad if 343i change it. In playlists where you can't choose Armour Lock as a loadout 343i could try to implant the fixed version of Armour Lock. The problem is we rarely know what other player are thinking. We are under ourselves. We think the user of Halo Waypoint are crazy but because they don't agree with us. Still their argumentation (if there is one. lol.) is bad...
That's why I asked, I was reading through the TU feedback thread and most posts are just little kids complaining about how 343 is "dumbing" Reach and how awesome armor lock is... *sigh* funny thing is I'm sure most replies on that thread are from people who haven't played the TU at all, you can already tell they don't even know what they are talking about.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sup HaloGAF. Made some minimalist covers for the Custom Cover Art thread and decided to share them here:

enzo_gt said:
Serious lack of 360 love in this thread. I suck at this hard, but I gave it a shot anyways:

Halo: Reach

Halo: Reach (with spine)

Halo: ODST

Halo: ODST (with spine)

Hope I did this right.

GhaleonEB

Gabotron ES said:
That's why I asked, I was reading through the TU feedback thread and most posts are just little kids complaining about how 343 is "dumbing" Reach and how awesome armor lock is... *sigh* funny thing is I'm sure most replies on that thread are from people who haven't played the TU at all, you can already tell they don't even know what they are talking about.
I'm secretly hoping they roll the new armor lock into all Elite Slayer game types from day 1, just to watch the anarchy in the forums.

enzo_gt said:
Sup HaloGAF. Made some minimalist covers for the Custom Cover Art thread and decided to share them here:
Holy crap, those are beautiful. 0_0

Hey You

squidhands said:
Since we can only have three Marketplace Content items active at one time, will the TU address this or will we have to ditch our Reach pre-order/retailer exclusive crap so we can have all three map packs active? I had a bitch of a time figuring out why, all of the sudden, my Defiant maps wouldn't load until I remembered that I had to delete my Bungie Pro Confirmation from a couple of weeks ago. :-\
Hmm Good question. I don't want to have to delete my Recon helmet :/

wwm0nkey

Including Reach maps we have remakes of

Ascension
Beaver Creek
Blood Gulch
Damnation
Longest
Timberland
Lockout (MUST BE Tempest version)
Ivory Tower/Reflection
Wizzard/Warlock
Foundation
Headlong
Prisoner
Hang Em High

So that remake playlist should be populated by a decent number of maps lol

ElRenoRaven

FyreWulff said:
It's the reason I'm not buying Halo 4, and I'll just leave it at that.

WOW. You're already writing off Halo 4 over a TU to Reach? Seriously? Hell I'm one of those that hasn't liked what I've seen suit and warthog wise and even I'm not near writing it off yet.

Also What a douche thing to do dude.

Kujo

enzo_gt said:
That looks great, sadly my printer sucks

GhaleonEB said:
I'm secretly hoping they roll the new armor lock into all Elite Slayer game types from day 1, just to watch the anarchy in the forums.
Hey I noticed your name in the ODST credits the other day, nice work. How much did you have to bribe, I'm preparing my check book now

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:

Discussed this with Duncan at one of the panels: I was personally hoping to see Spartans get Elite armor lock. It takes longer for Elites to get out of AL (because they take longer to get completely upright) and are vulnerable for longer without being able to move as a result.

But that might be part of the animation subsystem and out of scope for what their programmer had time for.

Tawpgun

GhaleonEB said:

Holy crap, those are beautiful. 0_0
I remember I was talking about this with some people... If I was working at 343 I would secretly remove Armor Lock from the game and make it impossible to put back in.

If I get fired I would be known as a martyr in the Halo Community lol.

On a serious note, if the AL nerf is across the board... I'm going to save all the posts whining about the AL nerf. To cheer me up on a bad day.

Risen said:
I'll follow that up with Zero Bloom should be in all DMR start games. The only way it should be offered in games with AR starts would be very judicious placement of DMR's on the map... they would then be a power weapon, as Frankie posited about the 3 shot pistol in one of the panels.

Although the CE Magnum will likely only be for Anniversary gametypes, zero bloom gametypes should still have a 5sk zero bloom magnum, one that you can shoot very quickly. The DMR's would not be a power weapon more than they are now in an AR start gametype and possibly even less so. That pistol was no bloom is going to pack a series punch at close to mid range.
EXCITEMENT!

Tashi0106 said:
Lolol hahahaha

Sooo uhhh are we gonna get MLG v5 into matchmaking soon? I still have no power but that would be nice lol.

Pray they skip v5 integration and just go for v6 bro.

Sean P.

Letters said:
Fyrewulff, how's that catching up on the threads going? Around the time of your hilarious REACH IS DOOMED tweet, we got confirmation from David Ellis that the stuff in the vids and that people were playing, were not actual gametypes, but more more like demonstrations of the post-TU possibilities. And I'm almost certain he also said noone has tried the actual Anniversary magnum yet, which is ROF capped.

edit-

and still begging for a Cortana prop to go along with my eventual Master Chief armor. Anyone?

I have one for you, I'll message you it once I'm home

Sean P did you see how many of those got handed out? I get the feeling they are super rare?

EDIT: Enzo's Halo covers are amazing! Just in case anyone else missed it clicking them lets you download them to use them!

Late to the party but can I white knight Frankie right about now? I'm sure you can find dumbass posts in my history, we really gonna tread that offtopic shit in here to make a point about someone? Fyrewulf you're an asshole.

Enzo, awesome stuff =o.

GhaleonEB

Steelyuhas said:
Those are super hot.

How do I get them lol?
Click the images.
Devolution said:
Late to the party but can I white knight Frankie right about now? I'm sure you can find dumbass posts in my history, we really gonna tread that offtopic shit in here to make a point about someone? Fyrewulf you're an asshole.

Enzo, awesome stuff =o.
And note how even though it was totally off topic and even uncalled for, Frankie unequivocally recanted on the post (which set up a nice contrast to the ongoing conversation). We all have posts we regret in our post history. Nothing to be gained by mining them.

FyreWulff

Devolution said:

Enzo, awesome stuff =o.

I said I wasn't going to discuss it further, but I saw the post occur in real time. I did not trawl for it. The NeoGAF google search isn't even good enough to do that.

FyreWulff said:
I said I wasn't going to discuss it further, but I saw the post occur in real time. I did not trawl for it. The NeoGAF google search isn't even good enough to do that.

I mean we have a nice thing going here not being needlessly moderated and all. When you get that petty, and at a dev no less, we might as well have mods in here.

darthbob

enzo_gt said:

Do you recommend any special kind of paper to print these on? And in what dimensions?

Sorry if they're answered in the probable .rar or .zip, but alas, I'm at work. : )

Sai-kun

Banned
Devolution said:
I mean we have a nice thing going here not being needlessly moderated and all. When you get that petty, and at a dev no less, we might as well have mods in here.

One day bish will come back here....and this thread will become our grave. :(

FyreWulff

Devolution said:

I already regret bringing up. Let's move on. I do not wish to aggro the mods. Mods were aggroed at another community I post at and we can't earnestly debate anything without everyone getting infracted.

feel

Sean P. said:
I have one for you, I'll message you it once I'm home
<3

wolverine_touching_sean_p_framed_picture.jpg

edit- those covers are hot enzo!! Now I wish 343i will do reversable covers for CEA and Halo 4. Thought it was something not possible for xbox360 games, but Child of Eden had it so I guess they could if they wanted.

GhaleonEB said:
If I hadn't met you in person, I would've thought that you are really mean person.

enzo_gt said:
These are great, thank you! Definitely gonna use both. I will say that I wish the Reach (w/ spine) had been done in the same style as ODST (i.e. omitting the Halo portion of the title), but it's no biggie - I just went for the no spine version of that one.

EDIT: The Deus Ex covers in the thread proper are sexy time.

bobs99 ... said:
Sean P did you see how many of those got handed out? I get the feeling they are super rare?

EDIT: Enzo's Halo covers are amazing! Just in case anyone else missed it clicking them lets you download them to use them!
They are selling on ebay for 15-30$ same with the Energy sword one.

The grunts are selling for nearly $100.00 each

The Mega Blok sets are selling for 40-80.

Fuck people are assholes :(

FyreWulff

Gui_PT said:
Wow, no Swag for me. Sweet.

I've got a Legendary tattoo if you want it!

The magazine they were handing out doesn't count as swag though. I think.

Devin Olsen said:

Jesus hell. I actually wanted one of the Halo Wars sets but between going in the one door and coming out the other so I could complete the circuit and get the bag, they were gone.

Also, I hope people aren't paying 100$ for the Grunts. It looked like plenty were left over at the end and there's more than likely going to be some way to get them via HBO, according to Wu posts on the forum. Details later this week.

I just don't see the fun in grabbing con swag just to ebay it later.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks guys. If you look at the OP for the Custom Cover Art thread, there are some instructions:

1) You can print them yourself. I haven't done this so, but if someone would like to share what they bought and what they did I will gladly add it.

2) You can go to a copy/print shop such as Office Max, show them what you want done and they can generally do it w/out an issue. Office Max charged me $.73 per page for Glossy paper. I personally have had problems getting printing done @ Kinko's b/c they don't like the fact that there are trademarks on them such as "PS3" or "Xbox 360".

If you've ever tried printing them yourself, you'll quickly realize that unless you have a super high dpi printer, on regular paper it will blurry and won't even fit on the entire paper. It's best to go look for a print shop to print them for you on glossy paper.

I have no idea about what dimensions to print them or anything though, I just made the designs :x Sorry!

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
If I hadn't met you in person, I would've thought that you are really mean person.
I secretly relish the suffering of others, so long as they deserve it. Prior to Cryptum, my last two book purcahses (well, one was a birthday present) were a Darwin Awards book, All My Friends are Dead (which I totally meant to bring to PAX, but forgot).

enzo_gt said:
If you've ever tried printing them yourself, you'll quickly realize that unless you have a super high dpi printer, on regular paper it will blurry and won't even fit on the entire paper. It's best to go look for a print shop to print them for you on glossy paper.

I have no idea about what dimensions to print them or anything though, I just made the designs :x Sorry!

150 and up is preferred for prints. High quality would be 300. You can't just print on glossy paper though, you have to find a magazine like paper that folds. Most glossy papers would be to thick, so explain to whomever you're getting it printed from that it will be a cover, and bent. Also on the back I would do the measurements and score it after printing to slip it in with ease and not crease it horribly.

/design nerd

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Syracuse022 said:
These are great, thank you! Definitely gonna use both. I will say that I wish the Reach (w/ spine) had been done in the same style as ODST (i.e. omitting the Halo portion of the title), but it's no biggie - I just went for the no spine version of that one.

EDIT: The Deus Ex covers in the thread proper are sexy time.
A 10 second job for you:

Devolution said:
150 and up is preferred for prints. High quality would be 300. You can't just print on glossy paper though, you have to find a magazine like paper that folds. Most glossy papers would be to thick, so explain to whomever you're getting it printed from that it will be a cover, and bent. Also on the back I would do the measurements and score it after printing to slip it in with ease and not crease it horribly.

/design nerd
What she said! :p You should post this in the Custom Cover Art thread to help us less fortunate souls!

Just Dled one, they're at fine printing resolution. The only issue I would see is finding the right paper, one of high quality that can also be bent.

enzo_gt said:
What she said! :p You should post this in the Custom Cover Art thread to help us less fortunate souls!

You could just quote me in there, I'd feel kind of weird just drive by posting.

Devin Olsen said:

Louis Wu asked if I would pay $30 for a grunt plush. I said: The problem is... I would. I hope Louis will realize his plan. :D

Is the first sentence correct? In school we learnt not use would in a if sentence.

I just did a quick check on the price to mail a package to the states, and it is more than the cost of the magazines themselves... Because of that I am going to cut it back to two main winners and exclude the two runner up prizes.

With that said your odds are still 1 in 5 if you enter now!

Edit: It's worth mentioning that going off of the ridiculous ebay prices, these prizes are worth nearly $100.00 each!

Top Bottom