• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Dug

Banned
Butane123 said:
Might have to do my usual colors/spartan since I see from other photo11 entries that there is a startling lack of purple.
ALA0F.gif

Glad to see I'm not the only one using purple!

Kuroyume said:
I would do the photo thing but I don't want to be one of those guys all the way in the back and on top who have their heads cut off.
He should totally loop them so the heads appear on the bottom!

blamite

Primoddium cover looks great! Can't wait to get into it, too bad January is so far off.

One random thing I noticed:

ANFXe.png

This ship in the background looks familiar...

625px-The_Heart_of_Midlothian_2.png

o hai, UNSC destroyer!

Got a question for the HaloGAF collective:

Hold or toggle to crouch?

I've used hold on all these years but I'm considering switching to toggle. Seems easier on the thumbs for sneaking up on folks or even crouch shooting.

stephen08

Barrow Roll said:

I've used hold on all these years but I'm considering switching to toggle. Seems easier on the thumbs for sneaking up on folks or even crouch shooting.

I'm on hold. In theory toggle would be better but I have heard that if you get shot it takes you out of crouch. Not sure how well that would play for me.

ElRenoRaven

Barrow Roll said:

I'm a toggler myself. It's just easier for those times when you have to stay crouched for a bit. I'm the same way on zooming.

feel

Barrow Roll said:

Much faster teabagging motion or more comfortable camping, that's a hard one tbh.. I roll with toggle, but just like with having to choose an AA forcing me to miss out on stuff, I don't like having to choose between those two.

BigShow36

ncsuDuncan said:
- First, it's a business. Developers deserve to be paid for the work they do to make maps. Microsoft has investors that want them to make money. This is reasonable.​

Developers only "deserve" to be paid if their work is deemed to be worthy of my money. A developer should not be allowed to restrict players from certain aspects of the game they already bought if they choose to forgoe unworthy DLC.

ncsuDuncan said:
- DLC early adopters should be rewarded.

Why?

Why can't they just do what CoD has been doing; every playlist is available to everyone and the system simply filters out maps the players don't have.​

BigShow36 said:
Why can't they just do what CoD has been doing; every playlist is available to everyone and the system simply filters out maps the players don't have.
Reach is doing that in some sort. When I play with a full group of people, who have the DLC maps, I get matched with other full group. I realize that the opportunity to play the DLC maps is much higher, than to play alone.

Hypertrooper said:
Reach is doing that in some sort. When I play with a full group of people, who have the DLC maps, I get matched with other full group. I realize that the opportunity to play the DLC maps is much higher, than to play alone.

Doesn't matter what size of party you have in COD though, you get matched up with people that have the same maps as you, always. That way people that buy DLC get to play their maps and people that don't aren't locked out of playlists.

blamite

Dax01 said:
Those two pictures don't look the same to me, and where is that picture of a UNSC destoryer from?
It seems like they have the same general shape of a square part on the back with thrusters, even down to the smaller parts coming off of each corner, narrowing down to a point at the front. It's not exactly the same, but as soon as I saw it it immediately jumped out as soemthign looking extremely familiar.

Oh, and the pic of the destroyer is from the Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian motion comic on Waypoint.

MrBig

Karl2177 said:
HaloGAF t-shirt-We still doing this?
I'm still up for making it, but no one was interested in it really.

Barrow Roll said:

Toggle. There's no reason not as long as you don't do insane jumps.

vhfive

BigShow36 said:
Why?

Why can't they just do what CoD has been doing; every playlist is available to everyone and the system simply filters out maps the players don't have.
DLC maps are available in non-DLC playlists and then there are DLC playlists for only people with the DLC.
Which game am I talking about Reach or Blops?

A:
Both

MrBig said:
If the t-shirt has a design, maybe some people will be interested in it. I know it sucks some sort, because maybe you are doing the whole work for nothing. But I would definitely take one!

stephen08 said:
I'm on hold. In theory toggle would be better but I have heard that if you get shot it takes you out of crouch. Not sure how well that would play for me.
Oh wow, I just tested that with a guest and it's true. I don't know of many situations in which I'd stay crouched if I was taking fire but that's still pretty lame and not worth the effort to retrain muscle memory.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
If the t-shirt has a design, maybe some people will be interested in it. I know it sucks some sort, because maybe you are doing the whole work for nothing. But I would definitely take one!
Got any inspiration?
If I do it its not just going be a bunch of memes stuck together, I want it to look like something I would actually wear.

Like the burn bright shirt, or the carnage shirt.

Lazslo

Gabotron's finally on GAF? Congrats bro, It's good to see you finally here. Unless you've been here for awhile, in which case I'm a shithead.
Also Attn VHFour: Please don't ever quit drinking.
A drunk custom game is due, you shithead

MrBig said:
Got any inspiration?
If I do it its not just going be a bunch of memes stuck together, I want it to look like something I would actually wear.
Maybe something like the HaloFEST poster. Creating a Master Chief helmet with a lot of funny quotes that were posted here. Doesn't Alienshogun have an HaloGAF logo?

Lazslo said:
Gabotron's finally on GAF? Congrats bro, It's good to see you finally here. Unless you've been here for awhile, in which case I'm a shithead.
I will never play Halo again, when I'm drunk. According to some Gaffers I'm always drunk.(24/7) =(

Karl2177

MrBig said:
Got any inspiration?

Like the burn bright shirt, or the carnage shirt.
Probably something with the NeoGAF logo and the Noble team symbol/Halo logo. Along with a catchy phrase like the thread titles. Remember Reach/This thread isn't a Natural Formation/This thread is not your grave, but you are welcome in it/A monument to all your sins

Just throwing some thoughts out there.

EDIT: Also, I'm going through some of my saved films and may be putting together a montage. Song idea no. 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e4TEZfkQtk

FyreWulff

Hold crouch. Otherwise I can't slide jump, and in toggle I have to remember to re-crouch after dropping from a ledge or being shot.

Also, Legacy sticks

vhfive

Lazslo said:
this weekend for sure

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:
Hold crouch. Otherwise I can't slide jump, and in toggle I have to remember to re-crouch after dropping from a ledge or being shot.

Also, Legacy sticks
I read this as "hold crotch", which made the rest of the post, spoiler included, amazing.

cory021

Neo Member
I'm going to be testing my BTB map 'Cavalier' soon (7pm Eastern / 6pm Central / 5pm Mountain/ 4pm pacific). Just send a message or FR to cory021

Here's a few pics to persuade anyone who wants to join. After we test 3-5 gametypes (Slayer, CTF, Stockpile, Assault, and 3 Plots), I'll pass the host to anyone who wants to play something else.

reach_19610257_Full.jpg

reach_19610251_Full.jpg

reach_18097641_Full.jpg

Tawpgun

Barrow Roll said:

I'm surprised at how many people chose toggle. I want to be in FULL control of my player.

Ghandi Hopping, Crouch Jumping, Crouch Strafe, and of course rapid teabagging.

Hold is for real men.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
MrBig said:

Toggle. There's no reason not as long as you don't do insane jumps.

I hold, because when I stand up, it's usually in terror because I have been spotted. So I have to flee like a terrified monkey. If there were an option to hold my arms aloft and scream like a girl, I would choose that option.

Butane123

Wait.... is the Forge thread pretty much dead? Are we posting Forge stuff in here now?

I've got a new one that should be done today and two more I have not posted on GAF yet.

MrBig

OuterWorldVoice said:
I hold, because when I stand up, it's usually in terror because I have been spotted. So I have to flee like a terrified monkey. If there were an option to hold my arms aloft and scream like a girl, I would choose that option.
swyb3.jpg

just hold your bear and dont let anyone hurt you

OuterWorldVoice said:
I, too, would use it.

Difference between you and me, just to be clear, is that it seems you have the power to implement this feature for Halo 4. Do what is right.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Kinect feature in CEA: CONFIRMED.

blamite

One thing I'm going to point out, that's incredibly minor and insignificant and unimportant, but will still bother me a little...

200px-Cryptum_-_Cover.jpg
200px-HPrimordium_-_Cover.jpeg

is that the covers of these books aren't going to look awesome and matched lined up on my shelf. Once again, this is super unimportant, and the new cover design is much nicer and shows off the art better, but it will bug me a little, and it's be sweet if a future edition of Cryptum had a cover like Primordium's. I wanna see more of that awesome Sparth art!

vhfive said:
DLC maps are available in non-DLC playlists and then there are DLC playlists for only people with the DLC.
Which game am I talking about Reach or Blops?

A:
Both

Yeah except getting DLC in regular playlists in Reach is straight luck, where in COD you are guaranteed to have all the maps you own in the rotation. Big difference.

Hey You

It would be awesome for the 10 year anniversary that all Halo DLC goes free with Defiant cut in half.

It would be a nice gesture, but its MS.

Tunavi

Banned
What does HaloGAF think of this?

Add Slayer to Premium Battle, which should become 8v8.
Give Invasion Breakpoint its own playlist. Regular Invasion has only 2 maps anyway.

Tunavi said:

Give Invasion Breakpoint its own playlist. Regular Invasion has only 2 maps anyway.

The premium playlists should be this imo:
-Premium grab bag (4v4 slayer, flag, assault, king, ball, 3-plot)
-Premium big team (8v8 slayer, flag assault)

vhfive

Tunavi said:

No I think they're fine the way they are. The only thing I might do is make Premium Battle DLC only. Also Invasion Breakpoint should definitely not have it's own playlist.

EDIT:
Steelyuhas said:
The premium playlists should be this imo:
-Premium grab bag (4v4 slayer, flag, assault, king, ball, 3-plot)
-Premium big team (8v8 slayer, flag assault)
This would be fine to except I would make grab bag 5v5. 4v4 really only works well on Anchor 9 (with Condemned and Tempest sort of working) and can't be played on Highlands. 5v5 can be played well on Anchor 9, Condemned and Tempest with Highlands sort of working.

Top Bottom